[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

After

Cool, very nice BlackHawk, ty - just got to pop out to the shops and then I'll get the results up!

Wounding Results

All (dmg) professions, including the mindforce ones get 10% from wounding.

All (dmg) professions, including the mindforce ones get 10% from wounding.

Exactly like in the calculations I did some time back. I wonder why all the damage skills are correct, and the hit skills arnt :silly2:

Exactly like in the calculations I did some time back. I wonder why all the damage skills are correct, and the hit skills arnt :silly2:

lol :D

The main reason for the errors in the prostanding calculation thread were due to my making the innaccurate assumption that Sniper and Pistoleer were the same apart from swapping Handgun and Rifle. Also, I didn't have access to a matrix solver so everything was done with some trial-and-error code which was fine in principle but ran really slowly due to the number of variables! I'm planning on re-running it when I get a chance with the known values put in from this thread and the Pistoleer data sets removed - should work better now as there's less variables left to calculate!

Psychotropian Results

One for Dale here ;) Figured I'd better get this one done sooner rather than later seeing as I've started teleporting now!

Pyschotropy overtakes Clubs as the 'best' skill, giving a total of 129% of contributions!

Psychotropy chip bought: 0.42 PED priced at 88 PED
Cost to insert: 2 PED
Total cost so far: 477 PED
Total skill gain so far: 2599.84
Total profession gain so far: 15.46

Psychotropy before: 11.73
Psychotropy after: 281.96
Change in Psychotropy: 270.23

Psychotropian (Dmg) profession level change: 0.677
Impact of Psychotropy = 0.677*100/270.23 = 0.251 = 25%
Psychotropian (Hit) profession level change: 1.355
Impact of Psychotropy = 1.355*100/270.23 = 0.501 = 50%
Teleporter profession level change: 1.460
Impact of Psychotropy = 1.460*100/270.23 = 0.540 = 54%

Maximum possible error = 0.30%

All other profession level changes: 0

Wiki updated.

PsychBef.jpg

PyschAft.jpg

Only the Mindforce professions were altered at all so I'll just post them.

Last edited:
Professions Before and After Chipping Psychotropy

Last edited:
One for Dale here ;) Figured I'd better get this one done sooner rather than later seeing as I've started teleporting now!

Pyschotropy overtakes Clubs as the 'best' skill, giving a total of 129% of contributions!

Change in Inflict Melee Damage: 270.23

oh? :laugh:

Keep up the good work

Dont know if this would help this thread, but I am doing a hunting experiment and can track the skillgain compared to proffession levels. I am starting as a new avatar.

Change in Inflict Melee Damage: 270.23

Psychotropian (Dmg) profession level change: 0.677
Impact of Psychotropy = 0.677*100/270.23 = 0.251 = 25%
Psychotropian (Hit) profession level change: 1.355
Impact of Psychotropy = 1.355*100/270.23 = 0.501 = 50%
Teleporter profession level change: 1.460
Impact of Psychotropy = 1.460*100/270.23 = 0.540 = 54%

Maximum possible error = 0.30%

All other profession level changes: 0

Wiki updated.

PsychBef.jpg

PyschAft.jpg

Great stuff Jimmy

So we're up to 69% for teleporter:
54% psychotropy
13% concentration
2% dexterity

I have that power catalyst, psyche and intelligence contribute to this profession, but can't think of anything else.

Any suggestions what else is worth testing? Then we can look to isolate the attributes...

oh? :laugh:

Keep up the good work

lol, I'll manage a post on this thread without a cut-and-paste typo one day :laugh:

Great stuff Jimmy

So we're up to 69% for teleporter:
54% psychotropy
13% concentration
2% dexterity

I have that power catalyst, psyche and intelligence contribute to this profession, but can't think of anything else.

Any suggestions what else is worth testing? Then we can look to isolate the attributes...

Hmmm, basically anything that is gained whilst you teleport. I haven't noticed any other than the ones you mention, although unlocked skills will be the difficulty. Firstly I don't know if anyone is uberuber skilled in Mindforce and has over 80 profession level in a Mindforce pro? If not there may be some unlocked skills no-one has found yet! <cough> seem to remember a couple of mindforcy looking things <splutter> in the hacktam thread <choke>

Also you mentioned Intuition as a possible contributor in the other thread I think.

Dont know if this would help this thread, but I am doing a hunting experiment and can track the skillgain compared to proffession levels. I am starting as a new avatar.

Well two things that immediately spring to mind that I'd quite like to know the answers to:

(i) What profession levels do you have with a brand new avatar, if any?
(ii) When you achieve a new profession, do you achieve it as soon as you get 1 bar in it or does it only appear after you've got a certain amount of profession? If you get it immediately after you've gained a single relevant skill in it does it start at 0?

Hmmm, basically anything that is gained whilst you teleport. I haven't noticed any other than the ones you mention, although unlocked skills will be the difficulty. Firstly I don't know if anyone is uberuber skilled in Mindforce and has over 80 profession level in a Mindforce pro? If not there may be some unlocked skills no-one has found yet! <cough> seem to remember a couple of mindforcy looking things <splutter> in the hacktam thread <choke>

Also you mentioned Intuition as a possible contributor in the other thread I think.

If every test subject has 0 in intuition, 0 in all these "to be unlocked" funny MF icon skills, that means we should stll be able to work out how much the attributes help though. The unknown skills will just be eliminated from the simultaneous equations.

Phil
Teleporter Pro-standing: 28.9

Psychotropy 4063
Concentration 2495
Power Catalyst 2048
Dexterity 4796

Psyche 46.5
Intelligence 54.5

Intuition 0
Made up MF unlockable skills 0

Calc
(54% *4063) + (12.75%*2495) + (2%*4796) = 26.1

So...
46.5 Psyche + 54.5 Intelligence + 2048 Power Catalyst = 2.8 levels in TP profession

just need say 3 data sets - any volunteers??

Psychotropy - 284.16 * 54% = 153.45
Concentration - 10.41 * 12.75% = 1.33
Dexterity - 2749.22 * 2% = 54.98
Power Catalyst - 0

So thats 209.76

Intelligence is 42.39
Psych is 20.16

Teleporter prostanding: 276.61

Last edited:
psy:132,3
con:103,3
dex:3121,1

psy:23,8
int:51,1

Tele: 2.29

That leaves 0,82 for psy+int

hope it helps ;)

Thanks guys :)

In the mean time, here's exactly 1000 levels of Power Cat removed

No other pages affected

(i) What profession levels do you have with a brand new avatar, if any?

This pic was taken before I had any skillgains. All my skills were level 1 at the time.

sorry its only the one page, thats all i had, now skills are higher, so I cant get more screenies

(ii) When you achieve a new profession, do you achieve it as soon as you get 1 bar in it or does it only appear after you've got a certain amount of profession? If you get it immediately after you've gained a single relevant skill in it does it start at 0?

I will look into this.

This pic was taken before I had any skillgains. All my skills were level 1 at the time.

sorry its only the one page, thats all i had, now skills are higher, so I cant get more screenies

I will look into this.

I looked at an avatar with nearly all skills 1 and all attributes around 20. The next page of combat continues with all the rest of the hitskills being equal to blp sniper (you must have been shooting abit already i think), and decoy is also the same.

In crafting just tailor is unlocked (21 pixels)

In mining prospector and surveyor (both 16 pixels)

In misc Colorer (26 pixels) and pet handler (22 pixels)

All the avatars skills:

agi:20 (+9 pixels)
int:20 (+ 111 pixels)
psy:20 (+ 95 pixels)

Except for some general skills around level 10, and concentration 35, sweatgather 70, all skills are 1.

Basicly the categories with the same level are:

Melee Damage (35 pixels)
Heavy melee hit (32 pixels) (50% agi 50% strength?)
Light melee hit (27 pixels) (60% agi 40% strength?)
Whip (26 pixels)
Parametic (26 pixels) (100% int?)
Ranged Hit (16 pixels) (100% agi?)

No damage professions for ranged weapons, so all attributes go to hit. The % are just guesses.

Last edited:
Some interesting stuff here - I'll take a look at it all tomorrow!

Question for blinding light: Is the new avatar very recent or was it created a while back? In other words did the avatar start with all attributes at 1, or did you have Agi, Int, Psy, Str = 20, Sta = 9?

Jimmy

Lemme know if you need any help with this, I checked and I have 431 Mentoring. Think I'm lvl 4 or 5 mentor pro standing.

Some interesting stuff here - I'll take a look at it all tomorrow!

Question for blinding light: Is the new avatar very recent or was it created a while back? In other words did the avatar start with all attributes at 1, or did you have Agi, Int, Psy, Str = 20, Sta = 9?

My attributes

... See next Post...

Last edited:
... See next Post...

Last edited:
These are all at the time of the Prof. Gain, so no shots/ skillgains inbetween screenie and prof. level change.

I have 0 Skills in Plasma, BLP or Gauss, so this could help with Sniper Prof's... (should I be posting this elsewhere??)

I think this might be a better help.

Last edited:
Power Catalyst Results

Thanks Dale, by my reckoning thats, pretty much exactly:

Pyschotropian (Hit) 6%
Pyrotropian (Hit) 6%
Biotropian 6%
Teleporter 6%
Reviver 6%

I've had a few jars so I'll look at the possible calculations tomorrow.

Bravado SKill before and after chipping

Here is my contribution, maybe a few more to come. I hope a chip out works as well as a chip in.

DoctorH

Before Bravado Chip out

After Bravado Chip out

If you don't mind working your magic Jimmy, I would appreciate it.
DoctorH

Many thanks DoctorH, I'll take a look at those shortly!

Lemme know if you need any help with this, I checked and I have 431 Mentoring. Think I'm lvl 4 or 5 mentor pro standing.

Mercury thanks! It'd be interesting to know your exact profession level in Mentoring (or a screenshot of the relevant page of your professions).

Back