Incident at Treasure Island

Never expected such a thing from MA :eyecrazy: We actually have story. WTF is going oooooon?

:wtg: MA

I am quite impressed with this video.

I am not so impressed though, with the competence (or lack thereof) of our armed forces. Seriously, who's in charge of training our soldiers? He needs to be flogged by all those tamers who've been frustrated about not being able to use their whips for all these years!

Glad to see some swift retribution against GAGnam style dancers.

And I really enjoyed the last 20 seconds of the 70 sec video showing just statics

CDF Ground Forces Commander, Brigadier General Yevgeny de Souza later released the following statement:

Guuys... I figured it out. Atroxes are savage descendants of an alien starship crew that wrecked on Calypso before human colonization, just like in that movie from old Earth. Now their kinsfolk came to rescue them and they are gonna be very unhappy that we hunt their relatives for years. Very, very unhappy...

Any mothership leaving to Earth soon? :D
Yes this is a good idea. Get all of you in one ship..... Makes it easy to kill more in one shot!!

Long live the aliens!

I don't get it. How come no one is trying to figure out where the egg is? :scratch2:

Am I correct in thinking your waiting for the next announcement?

I reckon it's been taken by the ancient colonists of Arcadia and it will end up there sparking inter planetary wars in space and on planets.... The ancients now being smugglers could end up on any planet trying to get home to Acadia.......I hope lol

I think it's an insurance fraud conducted by Deathifier. "Oh no! The egg have been stolen! Lucky me that i have a big insurance on it"

I think it's an insurance fraud conducted by Deathifier. "Oh no! The egg have been stolen! Lucky me that i have a big insurance on it"

:laugh: that's quite funny and a good way to get investment back :)

A guy asked me for directions, he spoke a bit like Stephen Hawking doing a 1st generation Cylon impression, I figured he was just from Next Island. He told me that with the 25 packets of bacon I had pinned to my belt that he'd make me a bacon sammich like no other and each tier of the sammich tower would have fried egg in it. The temptation was too much to resist.

Last edited:
I don't get it. How come no one is trying to figure out where the egg is? :scratch2:

Am I correct in thinking your waiting for the next announcement?

hm true, the announcement says "just hours ago" so the intruders could be anywhere on planet or in space already.

alot to search.

maybe "Knee deep in twisted metal" is a hint from ma? as its written in italic letters?

what on caly is knee deep in twisted metal?

hm true, the announcement says "just hours ago" so the intruders could be anywhere on planet or in space already.

alot to search.

maybe "Knee deep in twisted metal" is a hint from ma? as its written in italic letters?

Old Hades? :scratch2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Metal

In concept, Twisted Metal is a demolition derby that permits the usage of ballistic projectiles, machine guns, mines, and other types of weapons (up to and including satellite-based weapons and nuclear weapons). Players choose a vehicle, and an arena—or a series of arenas in the story mode—to engage in battle with opposing drivers. A variety of weapons and upgrades are obtainable by pick-ups scattered throughout the stage. The last driver alive is the winner.

Although each individual game features its own storyline, they all revolve around the eponymous "Twisted Metal": a vehicular combat tournament hosted once a year. In almost all of the games, the host is a man called "Calypso"; however, in the series' fourth installment, perennial contestant Sweet Tooth briefly takes over. The general goal is to destroy all opponents; apart from the other contestants, unique vehicles seemingly designed by the host themselves may stand in the competitors' path. The winner is brought before the tournament host, who will grant the contestant a single wish.

The hosts of these games are the persons who are, through arcane means, capable of warping reality itself to grant the wish of the contest winner; however, there is a general "be careful what you wish for" theme in the game series, as nearly all of the winning contestants end up with "not-so-happy" endings, due to the skill and proclivity of the hosts for twisting the words of their wish around—often to deadly effect. The games in the series usually contain a healthy dose of black humor.

Maybe something in vehicle PVP?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Metal

In concept, Twisted Metal is a demolition derby that permits the usage of ballistic projectiles, machine guns, mines, and other types of weapons (up to and including satellite-based weapons and nuclear weapons). Players choose a vehicle, and an arena—or a series of arenas in the story mode—to engage in battle with opposing drivers. A variety of weapons and upgrades are obtainable by pick-ups scattered throughout the stage. The last driver alive is the winner.

Although each individual game features its own storyline, they all revolve around the eponymous "Twisted Metal": a vehicular combat tournament hosted once a year. In almost all of the games, the host is a man called "Calypso"; however, in the series' fourth installment, perennial contestant Sweet Tooth briefly takes over. The general goal is to destroy all opponents; apart from the other contestants, unique vehicles seemingly designed by the host themselves may stand in the competitors' path. The winner is brought before the tournament host, who will grant the contestant a single wish.

The hosts of these games are the persons who are, through arcane means, capable of warping reality itself to grant the wish of the contest winner; however, there is a general "be careful what you wish for" theme in the game series, as nearly all of the winning contestants end up with "not-so-happy" endings, due to the skill and proclivity of the hosts for twisting the words of their wish around—often to deadly effect. The games in the series usually contain a healthy dose of black humor.

Maybe something in vehicle PVP?

That would be cool.:yay: I was thinking more like what happens when crash happens. Usually what is left is nothing but twisted metal. Like the space craft that took out Hades. Nothing left but twisted metal. ;)

Nice and surprising effort MA!

I just hope this footage was/is spammed on ingame screens all over...

Colonists scrapping robots during invasions? ;) also, CDF during invasions (even tho we never actually see them :silly2:)

That would be cool.:yay: I was thinking more like what happens when crash happens. Usually what is left is nothing but twisted metal. Like the space craft that took out Hades. Nothing left but twisted metal. ;)

ah see that is not to underestimate. at least we dont know if the intruders still carry the egg by now or have just hidden it.

wasnt there a container at hades where you can click on but it tells you that its not active or cant be used yet or something? i think that container was inside the crater

ah see that is not to underestimate. at least we dont know if the intruders still carry the egg by now or have just hidden it.

wasnt there a container at hades where you can click on but it tells you that its not active or cant be used yet or something? i think that container was inside the crater
Hmm that's a good idea. I'm not online atm, so maybe someone could go over and check it out? :)

They hide it of course. We should be able to find it if we find the wormhole to their moon?:scratch2:

i just arrived in the hadesheim crater.

has the crater always been a wave event?

m3h rich people problems!

i just arrived in the hadesheim crater.

has the crater always been a wave event?

It has always had one somewhere near the middle, yes.

Somebody pulled off a well eggsecuted eggstraction.

Right... get out now... go offline, ban your own account... We'll have no terrible jokes like that on this forum I tell you sonny!!!

:laugh:

I'm pleased to see that Mindark finnaly got theyr hands on work to keep players interested in the game. With all this sucession of events and storyline, i believe they just managed to get that % of bored players smilling again. For myself i enjoy this kind of stuff, storylines, events after events, great work.
Now, stop the talk and let's egg'gage on the task to find the bastard who carried the egg away :wise:
Like crixus said, SHall we begin?!?!? :laugh:

Back