Infinite Stamina? Bug? Exploit? More stupidity from MA?

still waiting for a statement of MA! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Faye: Can we make a date now? So i can scan you, to see if you still have 22 Stamina?

I just need to be sure you had every right to defend yourself :)

Regards,
Showtek.

Statement here:
http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2011/03/02/7290/index.xml

Summary: Stamina/agility fixed on exploiters, no ban

Message to exploiters: Keep on sploiting u wont get any punishment, we might revert your gains but its worth a try.

Come on, this is GOOD news! :yay:

It could have been much worse. The exploiters could have been allowed to keep the attributes. Now that would have sent all kinds of wrong messages!

This way I am pleased. Thank you MA! :shower:

Come on, this is GOOD news! :yay:

It could have been much worse. The exploiters could have been allowed to keep the attributes. Now that would have sent all kinds of wrong messages!

This way I am pleased. Thank you MA! :shower:

I'd say this is the bare minimum to stop a few hundred people selling up and quitting, but no punishment for exploiting. Its like the police catching you after burgling a house, returning the stuff to the rightful owner then letting you walk away.

I'd say this is the bare minimum to stop a few hundred people selling up and quitting

Hey, be happy that MA is doing bare minimum! Don't you see how this is a great improvement over doing LESS than the bare minimum? ;)

but no punishment for exploiting. Its like the police catching you after burgling a house, returning the stuff to the rightful owner then letting you walk away.

As far as I know the mission got offered to the people based on a timer. It's not like they went out of their way to get it. (I could be wrong on that!) Then again they should have realized that something is not right after a couple of times. However, where do you draw the line for a temp ban? 3 points of Stamina? 10? It's not so easy. Also, there is a *small* punishment: The mission required a tiny bit of ammo/decay, right? That is lost for the exploiters. Oh well, at least the proposed "business model" for PPs with exploitable bugs went out of the window.

:girl:

The people that repeated the mission could not know if it was intended to work that way or not, i think thats why no one will get banned but only the agility and stamina put to the correct values, i think this is the best solution for everyone.

I'd say this is the bare minimum to stop a few hundred people selling up and quitting, but no punishment for exploiting. Its like the police catching you after burgling a house, returning the stuff to the rightful owner then letting you walk away.

This is exactly how I see it too.

... But at least they did something.

Statement here:

Message to exploiters: Keep on sploiting u wont get any punishment, we might revert your gains but its worth a try.

Faulty attributes adjusted

Last week two quests/missions were identified that were bugged in a way that made them repeatable. These quests handed out Agility and Stamina as rewards. The quests were disabled as soon as this was discovered, and we have now adjusted the attributes of the avatars that repeated the mission several times. They now correctly have the Stamina and Agility values they would have had if they had completed the missions just once.

If you have any further questions regarding these missions, please contact ROCKtropia Support.
----------------------

I'm pleased MA reversed the bugged mission gains.

In my humble opinion... They should all have been permanently banned... Everyone knows that no missions are repeatable.

Faye: Can we make a date now? So i can scan you, to see if you still have 22 Stamina?

I just need to be sure you had every right to defend yourself :)

Regards,
Showtek.

Pm send come scan me =)

Statement here:

If I compare to the solving of the NP Slashing bug and others I think it is a big improvment,not the end of improvment but you have to admit it is not often that MA admits a Bug and even corrects the outcome of this bug by reverting the gains.

Better than no communication :yay:
Better than not reverting the illegaly gained attributs :yay:
No ban - I can live with it but could be better

Faulty attributes adjusted

Last week two quests/missions were identified that were bugged in a way that made them repeatable. These quests handed out Agility and Stamina as rewards. The quests were disabled as soon as this was discovered, and we have now adjusted the attributes of the avatars that repeated the mission several times. They now correctly have the Stamina and Agility values they would have had if they had completed the missions just once.

If you have any further questions regarding these missions, please contact ROCKtropia Support.
----------------------

I'm pleased MA reversed the bugged mission gains.

WOOOOOOTTT:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
This made my day,, thankyou MA!, you did the right thing:yay::yay::yay::yay:

now about those scanners....

So, u took the gains? will you give back losses made for these gains aswell mindark????

p.s. I hvnt logged in in months so it doesnt apply to me. yes im devils advocate.

So, u took the gains? will you give back losses made for these gains aswell mindark????

p.s. I hvnt logged in in months so it doesnt apply to me. yes im devils advocate.

Well, according to EULA or something, MA is not responisble for losses due to bugs, so they can always point on that paragraph in case someone who did the mission 30 times comes and want money back. And, this is a kind'a tricky question, what is the loss in cases like this? Just the decay or 10% of ammo cost (dunno) spent - or ammo spent minus loot gotten? If you ment the last part it would mean that to even it up you'd have to take PEDs retroactively for those players (if any) who got more in loot than ammo spent.

Now I only want to find an official post by MA about this. Ahh, nice! I found it here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?207897-Faulty-attributes-adjusted

In my humble opinion... They should all have been permanently banned... Everyone knows that no missions are repeatable.

do they? As has been pointed out a few times, many have never joined or look at a forum about any of the planets. Quite a lot don't speak or read english or any of the other supported languages by EU, so how do those players know that a mission shouldn't be repeatable.

If I was a new solo player and found that I could repeat missions, would I have kept doing it, probably. The missions in question, I believe, were hunting based and not story line, in GTA some missions are repeated (although not in the same location), I would have just carried on thinking it was normal.

Old seasoned players would have thought about it and questioned it (which they did), new ones probably not.

Last edited:
I haven't checked yet but I should be rolled back 1 sta as well bringing me to 8, which is 1 less than a lot of the people who what me to be banned for my "unfair advantage" started with. For the record, I did know that the call was the same call I got before, but I was not expecting to get another stamina rewarded when I completed it, there are a lot of repeatable missions in other games.

if they give back the losses that you sustained will you reimburse them for having to find your name and deleting the attributes

p.s. I hvnt logged in in months so it doesnt apply to me. yes im devils advocate. im just using you as example.

I was concerned enough to sit on my days off watching this thread and bug other people on their days off about the matter.
Thanks.

Then if that's all you could do on your end, I/we appreciate it.
:)

Tippin'

From dealing with MA and Scammers in game before, I am pretty sure if there even was some time of Ban for the exploiters we would not be informed of it. I don't think MA will tell us what kinda of action was taken towards other Avatars but, if someone knows some who have exploited this bug, then maybe they can tell us if any corrective action other then removing the attributes was taken? Anyone?

:whiner:

The most I heard of someone getting was around 10 extra each in stamina, agility and strength. That amounts to a whopping 1.8 extra health.

If anyone was really going to quit over that, they have bigger problems.

Some people are blowing this way out of proportion. And I think some of them have ulterior motives for doing so...

The most I heard of someone getting was around 10 extra each in stamina, agility and strength. That amounts to a whopping 1.8 extra health.

If anyone was really going to quit over that, they have bigger problems.

Some people are blowing this way out of proportion. And I think some of them have ulterior motives for doing so...

Funny how you're arguing the point so strongly. You couldn't be one of the exploiters could you? And your best friends were the biggest exploiters. Weird that.

If the benefits of the extra Attributes are so small, then you shouldn't mind having all your Attributes set to 1 as punishment. Maybe you should file support and tell MA that that is the best solution.

Furthermore, I have it on good authority that Attributes were not reset correctly, and some people still have extra Attributes.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. The big problem is that this sends out a message that it's ok to exploit, because nothing will happen to you. So next time there's a bug - half the game's population will be doing their damnedest to exploit it fully.

Where'd you hear that, soc chat? Was it Rei or Skippie? Funny how 99% of the community is praising MA taking action for once but everyone in UU is upset.

Where'd you hear that, soc chat? Was it Rei or Skippie? Funny how 99% of the community is praising MA taking action for once but everyone in UU is upset.

I'm not :scratch2: I just want to know when RT programmers will fix the broken missions so I can waste 80peds and get my free .5 health

I do think there are too many Schadenfreuds who suddenly have an opinion on this, though. Permanent banning for having 1 hp more than usual for a few days? puh-lease.

the many glitches in the RT missions (like the one that unlocks miner that no one seems to care about) should never have been allowed in the first place.

To whom it may concern,

I don't come to this forum very often. What with 7 or so and soon to be more official and unoffical forums on the way covering our universe, this place doesn't have the same appeal it once did when it had a central focus for Project Entropia. And tbh, I'm actually somewhat busy playing the game. Imagine that.

I would simply like to point out as one of the supposed "exploiters" a few simple facts.
(If anybody is actually interested in those, that is.)

One, last weekend I went to Rocktropia immediately upon understanding that there were both a great number of missions that rewarded with skills and various attributes and that old school crafted scanners were looting. (I looted 17 in case anyone is keeping score.) I'm a high engager of the mission system, having finished 137 Calypso-based missions and now all but two at Rocktropia. I was not told of a bug or the existence of any exploit by anyone I knew. I simply went to check the place out. Missions are about the only way I know of as a CND baby where a player like me can attempt to even the score against fap skillers and other former wholes that existed in PE's skilling history. I've worked hard for and am extremely proud of my attributes, including both a soon to be 20 stamina and a naturally acquired 111 agility. I would never intentionally break EULA or exploit anything, because risking my account over such nonsense is well, nonsensical.

Two, as someone that stumbled upon the bug without any former knowledge or prodding by any friend or society mate, I wasn't sure in the slightest what was actually going on until about two days in. The missions system that exists there is triggered by your avatar crossing over a coordinate similar to a scouting mission on Calypso's iron missions. And several activities are in fact triggered on the same spot. I was not aware until I had completed one of the Police Calls about 3 times that I was actually doing a mission over and over. Most of the missions are very similar. Kill 20 Soulsearchers. Kill 60 Harlem Hustlers. Kill 40 Mulholland Boys. Etc, etc. Furthermore, some of the missions from various mission chains are exactly alike, thus adding to the general confusion. If you have ever watched the T.V. show Cops, you will understand that Police work is often boring and repetitive. The Police Scanner missions seemed intentional and somewhat realistic, if based on an IRL context.

This bug was incredibly unlike any that has ever existed. You had to actually attempt to dupe and item to dupe an item. You had to intentionally bid 101 times on auction to bug the auction. You had to actually set your avatar up in a pack of mobs and use an autoclicker to fap skill. This "exploit" was nothing like that. To participate in it, you didn't even have to know it existed. You needed only to go to Rocktropia to do missions last weekend to participate in some sort of "exploit."

Three, I am a guy who is horribly addicted to my numbers going up. If the game tells me its giving me a mission and that I need to go kill 20-60 mobs or mine 2 PED of Enmatter to gain some reward, I'm going to do it. If it does so itself again and again, I'm probably going to continue to accomplish those said tasks. Blame my horribly addicted personality or the years spent playing Grand Theft Auto i dunno. Hi, my name is Darth Skippie Boobie, and I'm a Missionoholic. Giving out Stamina for killing 20 noob mobs is probably not the best balancing decision I've ever seen employed inside EU, but for a mission minded player it tasted like crack rock.

Four, at no time did i foster or witness any conversation on my society chat or in any PM where myself or any other society mate of mine intentionally encouraged anyone to exploit a bug. There was a brief exchange on society chat the morning of the fix, when yet another society member stumbled upon the bug entirely on her own and in a quite confused fashion explained to the society that she thinks she might have done a mission again. Out of 41 members, about 7 or so were on Rocktropia at the time of the bugged missions. All of these people have engaged the mission system in a huge way in the past and were simply doing the new missions. I can guarantee you if the society of exploiters were intentionally exploiting the mission bugs, the entire society would have been online and doing those missions. We're a big society. Saying that 7 of us were at Rocktropia for any particular reason is like saying "Hey, look at that. Stormer is killing Aurli."

Five, not only am I fine with the fact that Mindark has now fixed the attribute gains, I both expected it and went out of my way to make sure when agility and stamina were corrected but strength was not to report the oversight. Strength was corrected today and to my knowledge all attributes should now be adjusted to reflect what people doing missions at Rocktropia can receive. Furthering rumor here on the forums that something has been done otherwise is both reckless and irresponsible.

Entropia is a weird place sometimes. There's a ton of jealousy where real money is concerned. And is often the case, stones are thrown in glass houses. But before everyone judges the hundreds of avatars that did missions at Rocktropia last week and summarily paint them as exploiters and call for their heads. Put down the tin foil hats for a moment and review who is at fault for the problem. Should you feel so inclined to go on a witch hunt, perhaps you should first find a witch.

I find it funny that I've not seen one single complaint that the Forum Troll mission completed in merely 2 mobs rather than the 30 that were supposed to be killed. Every single person that did that mission last weekend "exploited a bug". Where are the calls for harsh punishment for that? Is it just me or am I the only person bothered by the fact that finding Blues Rock completes the Alternative Rock mission? Or that Reggae is infact not spelled Reggea? I did however get back my massive Noob Club stash today and for that I am eternally thankful. Neverdie should get his house in order. Mindark should not allow any content to be implemented until it is properly tested and/or run through a Microsoft Word spell checker at the very least. Hopefully this wretched implementation will serve as an example of what we should not see in the future when Planet Partners implement additional content.

Darth Skippie Boobie

Last edited:
does MA like being "a**fu**ed" by people from UU?? do they actually enjoys it?? seems so...
but if it was a poor, less unknown player doing this same exploitment of the mission he would had been kicked outta the game before he understood what happen.....

Gotta say i hate how MA managed this case,
they should had shown more backbone, and should shown more teeth in this case...

they really encourage us to do exploitments since u dont risk anything except a clap on ur shoulder and a reset of ur attributes while they are saying nice try,, dont get caught nextime and we let u keep it.....

Funny how you're arguing the point so strongly. You couldn't be one of the exploiters could you? And your best friends were the biggest exploiters. Weird that.

If the benefits of the extra Attributes are so small, then you shouldn't mind having all your Attributes set to 1 as punishment. Maybe you should file support and tell MA that that is the best solution.

Furthermore, I have it on good authority that Attributes were not reset correctly, and some people still have extra Attributes.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. The big problem is that this sends out a message that it's ok to exploit, because nothing will happen to you. So next time there's a bug - half the game's population will be doing their damnedest to exploit it fully.

I'm arguing because some people are making a huge deal out of something that is not as serious as many other things that go on in game. Attributes, the amounts actually gained, don't give much benefit outside of bragging rights. A very small amount of extra health and very very little else.

As for me, I got one extra stamina, less than Buzz.

I did not expect anyone to get punished for this before vtol ping pong exploiters, to pick just one current exploit that is not punished, or fixed.

They said it was a bug, so it was right to take back the extra attributes. I don't think anyone in UU is upset, especially considering around 90% of the society did not get extra attributes or even go to Rocktropia at that time. But you just keep saying "UU" a lot Centech so you can make it seem like the whole society did it and further your agenda.

I did not expect anyone to get punished for this before vtol ping pong exploiters, to pick just one current exploit that is not punished, or fixed.

So what your saying, you did a riskassesment, and decided to go for it?
And ofc we all know from Entropia history, that exploiters rarely/never gets banned, worst case is usually just the extra gains removed, that is also rare.

So it was worth it :wise:

Note to self: don't respond to nonsense.

Last edited:
Back