Is armor an asset or a liability?

Armor gives you more choices on what you can hunt. Not all of those choices may be good ones. Since I primarily use (L) armor I consider it neither an investment, nor a toy, but a tool to help do what I want.

That (in bold) is the correct answer. If it is an asset or a liability depends on the choices you make.

:beerchug:

Miles

I think perhaps a flowchart would help people understand how the use of armor/faps/guns works in Entropia. I happen to have such a flowchart...

how_loot_works.jpg

I think perhaps a flowchart would help people understand how the use of armor/faps/guns works in Entropia. I happen to have such a flowchart...

how_loot_works.jpg

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it!
:D

Anything that does not contribute to loot in a direct way is a liability.

FAP, armor, tp-chip decay and ME, finder decay, decoy's, refining costs, MU on stuff you buy (especially L stuff),...

These are liabilities; these are costs you make that do not result in more loot.

Skills are an asset; since they do not cost anything when aquired. They are permanent everlasting until you chip out. the value of skills is 0 pec (ever tried to tt skills?), but since there is a market for it you can sell them. So skills are the only thing that have no ped value (unless you mistake a ESI value for skills) but will save you money.

ofc an LA, IMKII, UL mining amps and a modfap if used as healer for a charge are assests too...

Anything that does not contribute to loot in a direct way is a liability.

Ah, that's my main point: does better armor contribute to more loot?

Imho, I feel that better armor leads to bigger losses, but since my experience is rather limited, I was wondering if fighting bigger monsters is better in some way.

Back