Question: Is efficiency real???

Lumar

Old Alpha
Master Lumar Shadow
???

index.php

Last edited:
If you cycling millions yes if not then no
Not sure what the original post was about, but either way: This is an oversimplification and, quite frankly, not accurate

Not sure what the original post was about, but either way: This is an oversimplification and, quite frankly, not accurate
by mistake i deleted looooll.... let me put it up again.

Like someone told me, to check decay on guns, but on wiki gun has the same decay, and all the rest is copy past.
So how can that %eff be dif??

You guys have for example Bukin Rifle and then the adjusted version, and you can see they are not the same, in this case for me it´s the same gun.

Last edited:
You forgot to check the TT of the weapons. If both decay 0,001% per shot then one is more eco than the other.

You forgot to check the TT of the weapons. If both decay 0,001% per shot then one is more eco than the other.
But they do the same pec/dmg, how can be more eco? the one with more TT you can just use it for a longer period of time, the cost is the same.

If i use 7x Azuro L its the same 7 PEDS at the end...

Last edited:
DPP and efficiency don’t have to be linked..
But how can the gun have more %eff, if the decay is the same and the burn is the same, at the end the cost per click is the same.??? i dont get it...

Ok, it´s hiden stats and the adjusted word on it.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But how can the gun have more %eff, if the decay is the same and the burn is the same, at the end the cost per click is the same.??? i dont get it...

Ok, it´s hiden stats and the adjusted word on it.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:
The efficiency stat on items are not directly tied to it's DPP. All existing items had their efficiency set based on their current DPP in order to keep their relative "economy" compared to each other in place. The IMK2 was by far the most economic/high DPP weapon in the game and therefore now has the highest efficiency, the Swine Deluxe was among the least economic/lowest DPP weapons and therefore now has among the lowest efficiency.

The efficiency does not have to be proportional to the DPP of the item but currently they usually are. There are however a couple of exceptions to this such as scopes which have a DPP of 0 (as they do no damage) but still have a fairly high efficiency stat.

There also seems to still be a lot of confusion in regards to what "Efficiency" does. Efficiency has a direct effect on the overall TT return, it does not directly affect loot composition.

In regards to Team loot and Shared loot distribution it hasn't really changed and works the same way as before. However, with the new loot system it is now possible to make a new team loot rule that splits loot based on everyone's costs instead of their damage, creating a much more fair loot setting for teams.

I recommend you read https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...statments-pertaining-to-loot-post-2-0.263346/ if you haven´t already :)

Weapon: Sollomate Azuro (L)
Economy
Decay:0.040 PEC
Ammo:69
Cost:0.730 PEC

Weapon: Sollomate Mayhem Azuro, Adjusted
Economy
??????

If I understand it right. MA just decided to increase the efficiency on the rarer version. They don’t need to change any stats to make this happen.

It’s probably like anything with mayhem at 5% anything adj add another 5%. Would be my guess, but maybe one of the math gods will say otherwise

Since the introduction of FEN weapons damage per pec and efficiency are no longer linked by default, it only was that case with existing weapons to automatically give them efficiency stat.

Well the answer is in the quote i linked you: The efficiency value is (for new items) an 'arbitrary' value assigned to the item, with no ties to any other stats on said item.

MA could very well implement higher than current highest DPP weapon and assign it 0% efficiency if they wanted to.

Weapon: Sollomate Azuro (L)
Economy

Weapon: Sollomate Mayhem Azuro, Adjusted
Economy
??????

What you are referring to is a financial efficiency, which we call dpp, or damage per pec.

Mindark's 'efficiency', is how efficient the weapon can provide you loot. let's call it looting efficiency
When you hunt with the mayhem version, theoretically you should obtain more loot, while having spend the same amount of peds in repairs and ammo. The difference is not big of course, but it should be there.
Efficiency has a direct effect on the overall TT return.

So there is at least 7 things to consider when hunting, among which weapon-looter-efficiency is one of them:
- weapons DPP
- weapons DPS
- weapons looting efficiency
- player maxing the weapon used
- player looter level
- current loot cycles
- markup in mobs hunted

It is said that efficiency contributes to 7% of the loot, and ofc there are other factors.
So let's say your max tt return is 99%, you might get around 92% tt return with a 0% looter-efficiency weapon, and 99% with a 100% looter-efficiency weapon.
This is just an example, it might be inaccurate.

Hope that makes it a bit more clear though.

What you are referring to is a financial efficiency, which we call dpp, or damage per pec.

Mindark's 'efficiency', is how efficient the weapon can provide you loot. let's call it looting efficiency
When you hunt with the mayhem version, theoretically you should obtain more loot, while having spend the same amount of peds in repairs and ammo. The difference is not big of course, but it should be there.
Efficiency has a direct effect on the overall TT return.

So there is at least 7 things to consider when hunting, among which weapon-looter-efficiency is one of them:
- weapons DPP
- weapons DPS
- weapons looting efficiency
- player maxing the weapon used
- player looter level
- current loot cycles
- markup in mobs hunted

It is said that efficiency contributes to 7% of the loot, and ofc there are other factors.
So let's say your max tt return is 99%, you might get around 92% tt return with a 0% looter-efficiency weapon, and 99% with a 100% looter-efficiency weapon.
This is just an example, it might be inaccurate.

Hope that makes it a bit more clear though.
Tks for all the detail, got it.

Mods, can close it, if no one wants to debate it any longer.

Are my avatars boobs real?
What percentage adds to returns?

Semi on topic.. what a strange thread. Loot 2.0 was introduced what like 5 years ago? How do we still have these debates? Especially when we have had the same, common sense answer given multiple times in this thread, as well as official statements from Mindark on this. And I'm still not sure if OP understood/believed it or not.
I'm happy for OP to PM me and I can have a go explaining it, I don't like people making decisions based upon bad information, especially when it comes down to our game fundamentals, and if I can help that I like to try to.

Efficiency is related to loot return, DPP is related to loot composition. Confirmed by MA

The higher efficiency gun "should" give you better TT return in the long run (see Zhos thread on what that return is likely to be based on your looter level) however the loot composition you get from both these guns will be the same (although that is down to rng but in terms of your input DPP there will be no difference).

There's confusion in game over this because an old loot system was updated (looter2.0) and some people haven't updated their notes to what MA have told us is the new rules. In the old rules efficiency=DPP=loot value&composition. but that is no longer the case. In looter 2.0 efficiency+looter lever =loot value | cost to kill (DPP+armor decay+heal decay)=loot composition.

Also don't buy the mayhem azuro.

Back