Jaywalker's Free Colouring and Texturing Service

Here's another job I did for Billzczn. He wanted his coat done in purple and pink, because those are his girlfriend's favourite colours (ahhhh! what a lucky gf :) ), Well, I'm not skilled enough to apply pink paint, but no problem! I had a much better idea anyways: veda texture! I painted on the purple then passed him a veda texture sample, so he could see the effect for himself, and he totally agreed

bloodshot_coatb.jpg

View image in gallery

And here are some pics of my much-admired IFN singlet:

I'm also wearing custmised Island shorts (from NI) and Carapace blue boots (also from Arkadia, like the singlet). I have good stocks of all three items if anyody is looking for supplies. The boots are non-customisable (but also come in black, red and white, as well as the freebie green ones. I have all the blueprints, beside red). In the case of the custmisable items, i will ask a lower price if you want me to do the customisation (but since price partly depends on highly variab;e market forces, I don't want to quote prices in a thread )

As mentioned elsewhere, i have most of the Arkadian clothing BPs now (still collecting) and craft many more styles than I can ever put on auction all at once, so do get in touch if you can't find the item you want

jay :)

Last edited:
Had no time to update this thread recently, cos I've been really busy stocktaking etc (more later)

However, I have now maxed Dark Steel Blue, and added a pic to the OP. I've also finally managed to make a bit of Couger texture (Yes, that's how it's actually spelled. These beasts are not the same as Old Earth Cougars!). It suffers the same bug as Riptor: the texture just looks white (well, in the Case of Cougar, it actually looks like a big red X) in your inventory, but shows up OK in the texturiser window:

Interestingly , the texture declares itself to be level 1.0, contrary to my previous info that it's level 10! A mistake? Or did ND downgrade it, in an effort to compete more effectively with Arkadian textures?

Welll, anyway it's certainly a welcome addition to the range, but there is still a bit of problem with it, IMO. Like Carabok, Couger is very low TT texture, But, unlike Carabok, the Couger is a pretty fearsome beast that will not be hunted by swarms of noobs; so i foresee an availability problem. In fact, I had to go hunt them myself to make the texture, and after two hours, I had enough hide to craft 17 textures (worth 34 pec TT):laugh:. So...who the heck is gonna hunt Couger for their hides, at that rate?

Last edited:
OK, I'm now officially delighted to announce that you can view and buy my clothing and Hoplite armour (plus a host of other really useful things) at :

sigpic40812_10.gif

Shop 1L, Floor 1, Emerald Lakes Mall

:yay::yay::yay:

Otherwise known as "Sam's shop" The shop is actually run as a co-op, and the co-owners, Remy and Sam have very generously allocated me a large amount of space, which I've expanded even further by adding an extra shopkeeper.

Here's my display, which Sam worked stupendously hard at setting up:

I've passed a lot of backstock to Sam. So, as things sell, you can expect new things to appear (at least whenever Sam is on Caly, eg every Wednesday )

And here's a better view of that sign

The model for the customised Hoplite is my long-suffering socmate Tommy Ze-Tomb Raider. The Hoplite is now on the shopkeeper and can't be purchased directly, but you can make an offer to Sam if you want it. The matching coat is on sale in the normal way. The Hoplite in the shopkeeper is uncustomised , cos I surely can't afford to make loads of demo sets which might never sell. Most customers will surely have their own ideas! Can't guarantee prices remaining less than auction cos prices swing wildly at times, but it's cheaper than my own auction listings and I intend to keep it so.

You can also buy the Hoplite direct from me, if you can catch me. At a decent discount, too, if you want a full set. Same goes for Grunt (C)

There's an awful lot to say about armour customisation, so I'll start a new thread specifically for that soon

As for the clothing stock, I've passed nearly all of my Island Shirt collection on to Sam,for one thing, and I'm looking to increase the range on display, especially (M), as I do get an awful lot of interest in those.

I've also let go- at last -of my famous yellow Jori Coat, plus all the items that make up an outfit with it on post #3 (the odd looking yellow top is actually a jori-textured Athenian tunic!) all out on display atm.

There are also quite a few Arkadian clothing items out, especially customised pieces, but there just isn't room for the full range (which can still be bought from me direct, excluding those few that I still lack BPs for)

And...well a load of other stuff. I've tried to include a wide range of items at a wide range of prices, so hopefully there's something for everybody

Just a few bits here and there belong to Remy , not me (apologies if I misappropriate the credit!) but it's 90% my stuff.

Ahh, here are a few of those Island Shirts. As you can see, I've thought of a great way of whiling away the time on those long interplanetary flights :laugh:

A million zillion thanks to Remy and Sam for making this possible!

Last edited:
I 've been playing with Nusul a lot since I maxed it :). Here are some 100% Nusul items that are currently in the shop (see above post)

Once again, you can see that Nusul can give you some nice blacks and some lovely reds, if you add the right colours. A word of caution, though: this doesn't work out as expected with some garments, due to the pre-texuring in some fields. If in doubt, I apply some background colour first, as this entails much less wastage of PED.

And here is a veda-textured bustier (also in the shop)

Many thanks to all the people who bought my things at the shop!

I've been rushed off my virtual feet today, trying to get some new things ready in time for Sam to put them out. Yes, he has backstock, but I decided that we needed more red things on display, what with with Christmas coming up. And I noticed that we'd almost sold of flame-pattern shirts! So here is my effort at killing two birds with one stone :laugh:

I will try to get yet more flames done before the next re-stocking. Trouble is, Remy keeps falling in love with them :)

I also decided to sell off my Essi Evening Gown, cos I'm working on another Evening gown or two, and they're a bit too pricey to have several at once (and I don't get invited to that many balls). Here it is:

That's Veda texture, again. Overlaid with blue, this time. Veda works with so many different colours! I also used to also have a matching bandana, but somebody made me an offer for that when I was very low on PED :laugh:.

I think it looks just as good with a simple white Bandana, anyways. But if you do want something more fancy to go with it, I can always run something up, of course!

We have three Cognac Coats (F) to choose from now. And I have another one for the guys in the pipeline.

If you want to know what else is new, you'll just have to visit!

Last edited:
Very nice deisgner! I will u good luck in future with more clients :)

Very nice deisgner! I will u good luck in future with more clients :)

tyvm, Ramos :)

More news on maxed texture.: I have now maxed velvet and my very first Caly leather texture...Turp :scratch2:. Now, am i correct in thinking that the Turp, as an animal, is extinct? So, this is not a very exciting update :laugh:

To make up for this, I'll give you a preview of the next two coming up on the maxed list:

Aaakas is an awesome texture! So awesome indeed that I've started using it already (with enhancers) and did my first professional Aakas job last night. Which cleaned me right out of my Aaakas reserves, so i hope the Arkadian miners are busy getting more!

As its a high TT texture (over 160 PED TT per field @ 100%)it gives a nice boost to my skills, so I don't mind providing the hanful of enhancers that I need for free :). Therefore, I am adding it to the maxed list already. If you want Banite, however, you will just have to provide 4-5 enhancers. :tongue2:

Watch this space for Aakas pics (coming soon)

Big grats on the skilling >^.^<

Colouring and texturing is super fun XD

Aaakas is an awesome texture! So awesome indeed that I've started using it already (with enhancers) and did my first professional Aakas job last night. Which cleaned me right out of my Aaakas reserves, so i hope the Arkadian miners are busy getting more!

As its a high TT texture (over 160 PED TT per field @ 100%)it gives a nice boost to my skills, so I don't mind providing the hanful of enhancers that I need for free :). Therefore, I am adding it to the maxed list already. If you want Banite, however, you will just have to provide 4-5 enhancers. :tongue2:

Watch this space for Aakas pics (coming soon)

Jay; I'm so impressed with your ever growing talents in this area. Look; I've got some text enhancers I looted skilling, although I've parked crafting textures for now, so look me up and pick them up for free.

Rick

Birthday Shoes

It was my birthday recently, and my brother Cyago Heartless Silentstar decided to have me some shoes designed. Jaywalker and my brother designed them together. Thanks Jaywalker!

Gotta say I am really bowled over by Rick's generosity (have already thanked him, ofc) and as a consequence, I am now also willing to offer Banite with enhancers thrown in for free. Next up will be Tiarak, but as I still need 14 enhancers for that one, I'll wait a little while before I add it to the list

Jay; I'm so impressed with your ever growing talents in this area. Look; I've got some text enhancers I looted skilling, although I've parked crafting textures for now, so look me up and pick them up for free.

Rick

Now here are a couple of pics of Jeneva wearing a bustier and boots that I customised in Aakas for her ( Her husband, King commissioned them)

Last edited:
More Christmassy Stuff!

Well, after an excellent start to trading at "Sam's"...sales have ground to a halt cos it's that time of year, and you can't kill any mobs with a Cognac Coat (no! not even cK)

Undeterred , I've created and added some new stock anyways, And Sam has made an awsome job of making the place both Christmassy and cosy, Come see!

Here;s some of the stuff we added today:

Continuing the red theme - I clean fogot to mention that I recently landed the BP for Carapace Red Boots at last! :yay: so I can now craft rhe complete range of Carapace Boots. And we have the red boots in stock, in time for Christmas. This is how they look (Female on the left, Male on the right)

Oh! and this coat is still hanging around (added it last week)
Believe it or not, it's the sister of the (M) coat shown above. And i can colour it exactly the same, if you want (and if you pay for the paints!)

Wondering about the bustier worn underneath it? That's textured with that madly expensive white stuff, Khorum, and currently in auction. And I'm currently pretty much right out of PED , wouldn't you know? :laugh:

(Now where the heck is that begging bowl icon.... )

sigpic40812_10.gif

Following a recent enquiry, I think I'd better add some more notes about the "white" bustier, cos i wouldn't want people to go out and get a load of Khorum texture, then be disappointed by the results.

As I observed in a previous post, Khorum will not work to turn a dark field white. It will only whiten a field that is already pretty light. Sadly, the main field on a DeLuxe Bustier is one of bastard dark-ish grey fields that are really difficult to work with. Khorum worked pretty well this time, because the bustier that I textured had been painted with cornsilk, as is possible to tell if you look closer:

Again, following on from the last post, I notice that i accidentally took the pictures of the red boots in low graphics mode. So here's a picture in high graphics (which is what i usually use for texturing and taking pics)

red_carapaceb.jpg

Quite a difference, hmm?

OK, since I'm posting again, let's illustrate some things that you haven't seen before :laugh:

Here's a pair of red jeans, textured in Nusul, with Aarkan texture on the belt:

red_jeans.jpg

And just to showw that the new stuff isn't ALL red, here's my latest batch of Island shirts:

new_island_shirts.jpg

I got that unusual mustard colour by laying Aarkan texture over the bog-standard EU yellow (You know, that one that's so bright that it's almost invisible unless you put a bit of texture on it). The green one was made using Bokol texture...which I'm still quite a long way from maxing, but can't resist playing around with anyway. I really like that subtle, glossy patterning you get with it (besides darkening the colour).

And I found out that you get a really nice mauve by using Hekia texture with purple :)

jay:)

PS. Shirts, jeans and boots are all in the shop (check out the link at the bottom of the last post)

Last edited:
I seem to have become Official Designer for Insania Vincit Omnia :) -- a great Soc full of really nice peeps.

Today , Billzczn asked me to come up with an eye-catching but inexpensive design for his fleet of soc vehicles. I ran a few ideas past him and here's what we settled on:

The main body is Halix plus orange. I would not have suggested this awhile back, but the Halix Mission on Ark means that the mu of Halix texture has gone down so far that it rivals Carabok for cheapness , despite it's relative high TT. I was gonna leave field 2 (the seat) blank to cut down on cost, but Billsczn tried the carabok sample in this field, and liked it so much that in it went, too. The wheels are simply painted yellow.

I have now maxed out Banite and Aakas :yay:

Next stop Tiarak

( I still need 10 enhancers per field for this. I will provide these gratis - whilst stocks last- if you only want one field done in Tiarak. If more than one, you will have to provide the additional enhancers)

Last edited:
I have now reached level 17 colourer and lev 16 texturer. :yay: Updating OP .

This means that i am now in SIB for turquoise and dark green but don't hold your breath. It willl be another 4 levels til I max them. Next colour up is still brown

In textures, don 't forget that I am offering to do Tiarak with free enhancers for the first field (I only need 8 per field now )

Last edited:
Some more recent work:

I noticed Darkshade posted this pic of some shoes that I customised for him in the gallery, but forgot to post it on this thread!

The red part of the shoes is Nusul + orange. The central (blue) field is a bit tricky as it contains three different shades of pre-texturing. I was recently asked to make a pair of these black, and found that some compromises had to be made with this field (as well as the backing colour showing through at the joins). So do be aware that there are limitations as to how you can customise these!

Thst said, you can find some very nice combinations of colour and texture, as you see. And I have a number of these shoes in stock.

OK, here's a labour of love for you, Remember me saying how gorgeous that Lidacon texture is? And how absurdly high TT? (1.80 PED per texture) especially given that the mineral is uncommon.

Weeeell, I couldn't resist crafting some, anyway. it must have taken me about 2 months (and well over 1k TT of Lidacon) to collect enough for a whole field. Then, of course I had to find something really special to put it on. And here it is:

I really wanted to keep this, of course, But I need the PED, or else I can't go on texturing! :laugh: So i took the plunge and put it on auction today, at an sb of +750, which i think is really cheap. So I don't know if i'll be disappointed if it goes for sb...or just relieved that it sold at all! :D Wish me luck!

Aww. 90 mins tro go, and no bids on the Master coat. I doin't suppose a bump helps at this stage?

Now level 16.5 in texturing! This means that i only need 3 enancers per field to effectively max Tiarak. Therefore offering to texture any number of Tiarak fields, with free enhancers thrown in. I'm pretty sure I'll have it maxed , before my enhancer stocks run dry :)

By the way, I saw another designer putting it about that it's unwise to use texture enhancers before you max a texture :scratch2: This is pure BS. The texture enhancers are skill enhancers, and just like skill enhancers on weps, they have no effect once you've maxed the given texture, so this info is completely backwards. If a texturer fails whilst using the proper quantity of enhancers, then they have almost cetainly skimped on materials (extremely rare random failures can occur with 323 textures though. It's like hitting an uber HoF- but not so thrilling :laugh: )

As for colouring, I've sold off most of my enhancer stocks for that, cos my next one up is brown, which is so low mu that might as well risk a fail as use up precious enhancers on it. And I still have 3 levels to go before I max dark green and turquoise, so best to go to a more advanced colourer for those ...speaking of which, I now have an arrangement with LeeLoo Faith -the most advanced colourer in-game, since Sarah vanished- to complete any jobs, at very reasonable cost, that I can only do half of (just colouring or texuring) :yay: so you CAN bring you turqoise jobs to me, if you want one of my textures on the same item :)

Now for some pics of recent work. Here's Nikita wearing a whole load of stuff that I textured in "black " Nusul for her.

The location , by the way, is Zombie Armaments and Supply (Emerald Mall, floor 1, opposite end from the televator),where you can see (and buy) a whole range of my customised clothing, not to mention Hoplite armour, Cyrene guns, cheap rk-5s ...

Last edited:
you got a lot of nice pics and infos in your thread +rep
keep up the good work :)

Absolutely love my new shirt ( and pants) jay :) Will email you some more pics when we get the car done too! :D

Totally falling in love with Aakas!

tight_shirt.jpg

Absolutely love my new shirt ( and pants) jay :) Will email you some more pics when we get the car done too! :D

Totally falling in love with Aakas!

tyvm for the pic!

Here's some more of my work done with purple Aakas!

purple_post.jpg

The coat is 100% Aakas on the main fields, with a Nusul lining. The Luna Pattern shirt is done with Aakas and Banite (Usually I reduce the saturation on Banite, so the pattern will show better, but here I used a high saturation on a whim)

I do craft the Luna shirts, btw, so if anybody wants one textured, I can also provide the shirt. (Sadly, I got outbid on the coat BP)

The coat is now in auction, but I can't bring myself to part with the other stuff yet.

Forgot to say, I've now fully maxed Tiarak :yay: and am a hair short of lev 17 in texturing. Next up will be Hadraada and Firn

Ironically, the first Tiarak job I've done since I maxed it was at less than 100%...delberately, I hasten to add! It's the first pair if boots, below. Since I'm on a bit of a purple binge at the moment, I wanted to bring out the purple colour by reducing the saturation

boots.jpg

yesterday however, I really flexed my tiarak muscles , texturing a complete Hoplite set for Fifth!

hoplite-_fifth.jpg

Fifth has already posted some better pics than mine, however, in my Armour Customisation thread. If you are interested in getting an armour set customised, do go peek at this thread. I've put a lot of useful info in it. And remember I can also supply the Hoplite for you!

well, that's all I feel up to posting for now. More news and pics later!

(both boots are in auction atm, btw, and will go into the shop if they don't sell there)

Well, my other news has been totally eclipsed by the ava update , hasn't it?

As luck would have it, Sam and I had busily restocked the shop the day before, and it now has more clothing than ever! ( for reasons that i'll shortly reveal)

shop.jpg

I haven't had chance to call in to see what happened to my lovely creations. As far as I can tell, most should still be OK. Aplogies for those that look....wrong :(.

I shan't ask Sam to go the trouble of withdrawing the messed -up ones (he's extremely busy IRL). We'll just wait and see what happens when MA tweak things.

Here's what happened to some of the stuff I had in auction (yeah, and as luck would have it, it was amongst my most expensive stuff)

before_and_after_clothing.jpg

As you can see, my favourite texture Aakas, was particularly badly hit.

I'm compiling sets of before-and-after pictures like this to send to Support. It might help them track down where the textures, colours etc are going wrong. Please do the same! If you have anything you purchased from me, or customised by me that's now gone wrong, I might be able to supply a before pic. If you don't already have one, it's worth checking!

Added the following text to the top of the OP:

STOP PRESS: SINCE THE AVA UPDATE HAS HAD A BIG (AND SOMETIMES UGLY) EFFECT ON SOME CUSTOM JOBS, I CURRENTLY RECOMMEND WAITING FOR TWEAKS BEFORE PROCEEDING. (However, if you choose to ignore this advice I am at your service, as usual)

sigpic40812_10.gif

Last edited:
Well, well, well, an awful lot of clothing bugs appeared with this vu, and only a few have been fixed as yet, and I still recommend proceeding with caution; but having identified some textures that I can safely use, and some clothing I can safeley use them on, I've got on with some more customising anyways :D

If you want to see some of the clothing disasters, this thread has a lot of before-and-after pics posted by myself and others. You might recognise some of the stock in the shop, there *sigh*

Here are some textures you should avoid for now: Aakas, Khorum, Songkra, and all the highly-patterned textures (eg Riptor, Oro, Veda )

The reason for avoiding the Arkadian polymers (the first 3 mentioned) is that they have turned jet black! Yes, even the white texture , Khorum, It might be a nice effect in some cases, but then, if you go for the nice shiney black stuff, you are just going to be disappointed once the bug gets fixed! Oddly, some of my red Aakas and some of my purple Aakas retains its original colour. Luckily, this applies to the stuff in the shop, but my lovely red Nusul-and-Aakas cocktail dress is presently ruined anyway, along with all the other cocktail dresses in the Universe! Here's what happened:

The "after" pic is on the right, in case you can't tell! As you can see, the Aakas went really horribly shiny (maybe OK for a car but not for a cocktail dress! :laugh:) and the top of the dress turned white! Currently, all cocktail dresses in EU have white tops If you like them that way, beware! They will probably get fixed. If you don't like them that way, beware! They might not get fixed :laugh:

Another problem that affects a great deal of the stock is that the [F) Island shirts and the (F) Jungle shorts have been redesigned very badly. You might like to go in and have a laugh at the (F) shopkeeper, who is currently wearing both.

The stock will remain out for now, because Sam is hugely busy IRL, so I don't want to give him all the work of changing stock around. Nothing in the shop has been improved by the bugs, so i don't see any danger of people buying them, then getting disappointed later .

Well, that's quite enough for one post! I'll save the good news for the next post.

Last edited:
Awesome service by Jaywalker - Very impressed.

Hi,

Today i decided to give Jaywalker a run on texturing my hat.

I must say I was extremely impressed, not only with the result but with Jaywalker too.

I would highly recommend Jaywalker for any texturing/colouring service ot be done :)

Jaywalker is very trust worthy.

Thanks much,
Viper

jaywalkerhattexturing.jpg

Hi,

Today i decided to give Jaywalker a run on texturing my hat.

I must say I was extremely impressed, not only with the result but with Jaywalker too.

I would highly recommend Jaywalker for any texturing/colouring service ot be done :)

Jaywalker is very trust worthy.

Thanks much,
Viper

jaywalkerhattexturing.jpg

very nice looking hat!! Gratz! :yay:

very nice looking hat!! Gratz! :yay:

Cheers lil alienz :)

I am still amazed at Jay's service, she was so professional in what she did!

I had to tell her a few times that i was not fussed but she was very particular to make sure I was very happy.

Tyvm for pic and nice words Viper :)

Back