List of mobs that are impossible/frustrating to hunt with new hit box

Status
Its still Mega problems to sweat a ambulimax the hitbox is not fixed there.

would like to add rippersnappers to the list.

they are usually more challenging to hit as you are getting waved around by water what i find good as water waves you around in rl as well.

just the hit boxes are now very tiny and makes everything harder.

Sumima: Up close, with autoshoot, the avatar turns a little before each shot, hunter losing DPS and getting hit more.

Still big problems with Malcruentor not far away but in close combat , have difficulty in finding the hitbox.

Updated. This list is getting long.

[*]*Prancer

* Not rechecked since VU14.3.1, please post if these mobs are now fixed or if you can confirm they are not.
Trying to hunt these now, and to me seems about the same as before the hit box change.
(last hunt was 13th sept)

Still frustrating as hell tho as auto aim aims at their feet, and manual aim close to impossible with their little heads/necks and running/grazing movements

EDIT:
no they are more frustrating to hunt now, as when their neck moves so do you to hit it = loss of dps and more time to hunt and ofc more damage taken

Last edited:
Please add Razortooth as I find them incredibly annoying to shoot in manual aim amongst quite a few already listed.

Actually, anything that flies, jumps or has some type of animation eg. swinging arms or something like water affecting it's direction or movement is a pain in the butt to hunt. Stuff that stays on the ground and moves in a straight line is ok though even something like Rex can be awkward if all you can hit to start with over a hill is the tail which keeps moving.

Looking at the official replies I guess they've changed to an fps model hitbox. Why?! Surely the person whose bright idea this was has encountered 'bunny hoppers' at some time in fps games which is basically what a load of these mobs now are :rolleyes:

I think there are two different issues here - one is that some hit boxes are or were bugged. The other issue is that mobs that have lounging attacks or defencive movements (think steel birds) now appear to actually have such, so that point gun at mob and autoshoot hunters are penalized on those mobs. They will have lower effective dps as some of the shots will miss the mob, causing no damage and decay shots.

Hit box now actually moves with the mobs model, so you can't just shoot at the place where it was and hit the mob.

Prancer

EDIT:
no they are more frustrating to hunt now, as when their neck moves so do you to hit it = loss of dps and more time to hunt and ofc more damage taken
Sry for quoting myself but tried to hunt big ones today, and as those hurt when they hit it's so damn FRUSTRATING that you cant hunt them from range (manually without the cost of scope) and no point when up close you can aim that will hit it even when the neck swings or it jumps.

Which means I'm forced to use auto move to target to hunt them and ofc it's slow as hell which just mean the hunts is slower, the mob do more dmg and so on....

Drop the prestige MA and realize almost none of your users want this change, and just made the "game" frustrating instead of fun.
So it's about time you do a rollback to the old ways, never forget what the camera movement with melee a few years ago caused... (how long was that ingame? hours or a day?)

Last edited:
Drop the prestige MA and realize almost none of your users want this change, and just made the "game" frustrating instead of fun.
So it's about time you do a rollback to the old ways, never forget what the camera movement with melee a few years ago caused... (how long was that ingame? hours or a day?)

You know how it is, bugs that costs mindark money are fixed instantaneously, bugs costing players money.....

Warlock, almost impossible to hit unless its running straight at you

Steelbird, same as above, unless its headed straight for you, its hit animation makes it go crazy

Updated.

I think there are two different issues here - one is that some hit boxes are or were bugged. The other issue is that mobs that have lounging attacks or defencive movements (think steel birds) now appear to actually have such, so that point gun at mob and autoshoot hunters are penalized on those mobs. They will have lower effective dps as some of the shots will miss the mob, causing no damage and decay shots.

Hit box now actually moves with the mobs model, so you can't just shoot at the place where it was and hit the mob.

Yes, you may notice the OP doesn't say anything about bugs :) This is about bad design and a negative change to the system that only serves to make hunting more frustrating. It's particularly problematic for:

• new players who haven't worked out all the options yet and who mainly hunt physically smaller mobs;
  • people concerned about RSI (which should be everyone), as hunting these mobs now requires more repetitive mouse actions;
  • people with disabilities who find it difficult or impossible to employ all these additional mouse actions and/or key presses.

You know how it is, bugs that costs mindark money are fixed instantaneously, bugs costing players money.....

It IS costing them money, due to hunting being dramatically slowed down and therefore reducing PED turnover. Plus of course the people who just give up altogether because of it.

It IS costing them money, due to hunting being dramatically slowed down and therefore reducing PED turnover. Plus of course the people who just give up altogether because of it.

You really think that they can think that far ahead? :girl:

if you and add yarriks(sp?), the jumping grasshoppers in aakas keys

and werewolves also have a similair to argos swing attack

intersting is that they also have different hitboxes like on higher maturities

similiar to dusters which also had that before the VU

I hunted Ambus earlier today and they seemed fine to me - anyone else got any input on that? Should they be removed from the list?

if you and add yarriks(sp?), the jumping grasshoppers in aakas keys

and werewolves also have a similair to argos swing attack

intersting is that they also have different hitboxes like on higher maturities

similiar to dusters which also had that before the VU

This is still a Calypso forum, if you have issues on other planets I suggest you bring it up on their forums.

The animations for the Allophyl and Kingfisher have been changed in tomorrows patch, please let me know if these work any better as soon as someone's hunted them again.

The animations for the Allophyl and Kingfisher have been changed in tomorrows patch, please let me know if these work any better as soon as someone's hunted them again.

If stage IV of KF quests works, I will
Also pls fix athletics reward of MR last stage & put in in the release notes
TY

Updates anyone?

Allophyl are fine, Kingfisher still move suddenly occasionally (mainly when they get to the avatar and start attacking) but are much improved. I'll remove both from the list.

Do you intend to address the other mobs soon?

Ambulimax were horrible for me: did a team hunt a day ago and my gun kept swinging through the air and couldn't hit most of the time. 1st person and 3rd person were both horrible. Tried with health bar selected, unselected, etc - no matter what I tried it was annoying and frustrating.

:(

Now I have noticed that the search of a little on Atrox Provider.......Come on dear MA.:mad:
Test,test and do som Fuxxed tests.....

Allophyl are fine, Kingfisher still move suddenly occasionally (mainly when they get to the avatar and start attacking) but are much improved. I'll remove both from the list.

Do you intend to address the other mobs soon?

I haven't noticed any problem with KF tbh

Bump...................

Ambulimax definitely are bad, tried to finish the iron on them but can't with that bad auto-aim on them

Added Mind Reaver, and I put Ambu back in, though I still don't see the problem myself - I tried with free aim and auto-aim and had no issues. Is it a team hunt thing, where you can't hit it when it's moving away from you?

Added Gokis to the list, horrible to hunt.

Legionnaires can be frustrating. On level ground there seems to be no problem but with a little change in elevation you can find yourself not finding target on autoaim.

That's actually a more general complaint, though: many mobs now require you to jump in the air to hit them with autoaim, especially on the first shot, even if you can clearly see the entire mob through the viewfinder.

Legionnaires can be frustrating. On level ground there seems to be no problem but with a little change in elevation you can find yourself not finding target on autoaim.

That's actually a more general complaint, though: many mobs now require you to jump in the air to hit them with autoaim, especially on the first shot, even if you can clearly see the entire mob through the viewfinder.

i feel that on some mobtypes all is good if your in line of vison or the mob facing you

auto aim then works if you strafe lets say 20° or more and suddenly i can tag the mob

i feel that on some mobtypes all is good if your in line of vison or the mob facing you

auto aim then works if you strafe lets say 20° or more and suddenly i can tag the mob

Yeah it could be a facing issue, like the default target hit box is only accessible from the front or something.

Status
Back