Little Big Mining Log - Miners Tool (OCR)

Status
How do you think i can FORCE them not to give fake data ?

i dont think you can force them, but if you implement the first two steps of timbo's suggestion so people can track their runs then there is a incentive to add which amp one uses so one can see ones return % properly.

I don't think the finder influences anything but my intention was to make a simple dropdown selection of the amp used easily accessible on the front page... That or to have a selection of the amps decay ... Maybe first solution is more user friendly :)

finder influences your hitrate of rarer stuff, ie a deeper search produces more of the rarer stuff in the area.

i dont think you can force them, but if you implement the first two steps of timbo's suggestion so people can track their runs then there is a incentive to add which amp one uses so one can see ones return % properly.

This is a great comment and I think the best solution to the problem! Thanks for the idea.

Progress Report

No release today because its not relevant for testers atm however it is one of the milestones on the roadmap so i thought i would let you all know the progress.

Local Data Storage has been implemented with server synchronization so that your data is available to you wherever you are in the world...

This way if you play at multiple locations you can choose to take a datafile with you or to synch with the global Database...

Also if you loose your data... all your claim data will be easily recoverable from the server :)

Data saved on server is just the claim data ... additional data like specific runs, NRF etc are stored on your computer only ... this is done to reduce server load and storage capacity requirements which I estimated will be quite high.

So there you go .. also a lot of work is being put in to data transfer security and integrity so that your information is safe (will not go into details of implemented mechanisms for security reasons).

Ido

Progress Report

I wanted to let everyone know on the progress and recent developments of LBML:

Last week i wrote about Local Database storage and synchronization...
This week i would like to report on the progress of the Map Interface.

Teaser:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

At this point the map operates fluently while displaying up to 5,000,000 data points (due to limitations prolly on my GFX card might get more points with newer cards fewer with older models)

Performance wise zooming and panning operates smoothly and you can see "Random" data displayed with color coded points on the map.

Next in the loop i have combining the Map with the DB and the use of data filters to select which claims will be displayed and also pupup claim description that will appear when you hover your mouse over a claim ;)

Soon the final Closed Beta version will be released and after a few days of testing when i can eliminate most obvious bugs found bythe testing team we will make the FIRST PUBLIC BETA RELEASE of Little Big Mining Log

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Last edited:
wow it look more and more interesting :yay:

Great news :D i just hope it will work very similar to my expectations :p but i think it will, or i will let you know ;P

Keep up the good work not getting any errors while using it so works great imo :yay:

Progress Report

I would like to report on the development progress.

Little Big Mining Log now successfully maps DB data on top of the map... it took me quite some time to color-code the claims and i feel even tho the colores match the ingame material colors more or less a feature allowing people to change the color mapping would be a good option...

Maps work on all 4 available locations Eudoria Amethera Asteroid and Rocktropia (however i dont have any claim samples from Rocktropia to test with If any Rocktropia Miner would be willing to enter the beta program i would be much obliged)

Teaser:

As you can see we have quite a number of claims collected already in the beta phase (thanks goes to all our testers)

Right now my efforts go to creating data sorting filters by Type Size Depth etc .. ideas are welcome

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Last edited:
weehooo :D Good work :D

Way to go! I'll surely be using this. :cool:

Version Release 0.3

Welcome All

Today we release hopefully the last CLOSED BETA version 0.3. After we collect information about possible errors that occur the software will be released to general public for PUBLIC BETA test phase.

I have updated the first post to reflect current tool status.

The changes that happend in this release are as follow:
- A lot of changes to the GUI. 2 buttons added for Map and Map-Menu.
- The Map interface presents claims according to filter settings from map menu.
- Use left click and drag to move around and mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
- Local storage added and data is synchronized with the server on startup
- Different claim types are color coded (ablility to change the colors in the future)
- More Security and More Encryption
- Added folders for screenshots and errors.
- Errors folder will hold .bmp that we ask you to submit via e-mail.
- Added folder for maps you can edit the map if you wish but keep it the same size format

Stay tuned for more inforamtion and the first public release.

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

little bump for the my busy friend ;)

AMAZING!!
a great tool in a miners arsenal! can't wait to use this! :yay::yay::yay:

Stay tuned for more inforamtion and the first public release.

Waiting and waiting, bump for a tool I think will be great.

Thank you thank you :) a little bump to push me forward is always good ... RL took over and pushed me out on vacation i am however back and expect to release something VERY nice in the second week of August... i know its a bit streched out my development but i hope everyone will be happy with the outcome of my approach to releasing software ..

I mean TESTING before going public smth MA could do more often :p

How goes the battle Ido? Bump for what sounds like a great tool.

The battle goes good we are winning ;)

A new feature is added and workign good in the tool (mouse over details) thath shows claim info once you put your mouse on top of the claim on the map ..

Im still working on a feature for Run tracking and reporting and once that is done i will release the tool :)

Ido

The battle goes good we are winning ;)

A new feature is added and workign good in the tool (mouse over details) thath shows claim info once you put your mouse on top of the claim on the map ..

Im still working on a feature for Run tracking and reporting and once that is done i will release the tool :)

Ido
Can we edit this claim info?

Also, have you checked with MA so they approve your software?

Dandy and Starfinder already are in the proccess of doing it for XandraX screenshot capture and Entropia tracker

Last edited:
Nice tool m8, keep up the good work :thumbup:

If i may ask, just out of curiosity, what language you used for your tool? and what DB/language for the web site?

From what i understand, any asshole can mess with the data collected by serious users... some of the ways i can think of:
  • scanning someone else's screenshots (can find them on EF)
  • creating fake deeds using photoshop
  • scanning screenies over and over (maybe one that contains an ATH deed :lolup:)
I suggest that you store some kinda trace of the scanned deeds (md5 or somthing) so no claim is scanned twice.

Programmer's Golden Rule : Never Trust The User :wise:

Can we edit this claim info?

no this info is the claim size depth and ore name ... its the one read by OCR and no it should not be edited ... I plant to make a feature to remove a claim though if it is scanned incorrectly

Ido

Nice tool m8, keep up the good work :thumbup:

If i may ask, just out of curiosity, what language you used for your tool? and what DB/language for the web site?

From what i understand, any asshole can mess with the data collected by serious users... some of the ways i can think of:
  • scanning someone else's screenshots (can find them on EF)
  • creating fake deeds using photoshop
  • scanning screenies over and over (maybe one that contains an ATH deed :lolup:)
I suggest that you store some kinda trace of the scanned deeds (md5 or somthing) so no claim is scanned twice.

Programmer's Golden Rule : Never Trust The User :wise:

Hi :)

I will not disclose the technology or systems behind the tool for security reasons.

However please rest assured i take special measures to keep data integrity intact and prevent the actions you mentioned in your post.

Ido

Hi,

Are you going to add the new Rocktropian resources to the software?

Maps work on all 4 available locations Eudoria Amethera Asteroid and Rocktropia (however i dont have any claim samples from Rocktropia to test with If any Rocktropia Miner would be willing to enter the beta program i would be much obliged)

Hi,

Are you going to add the new Rocktropian resources to the software?
Yes thwy will come in the next release

Ido

Do you still need ROCKtropia help?! I am interested in testing this software and I mainly operate on RT.
If the RT ores/enmatters are added as of now then I'd really like to test it.

Otherwise a status update would be nice, keep up the work and post another teaser. (dx hooking...)

thx
Amber Knightley

Status
Back