Loot Pool Gone Bad

GalacticLord

Dominant
Society
Aussie Entropians
Dom GalacticLord Ination
Warning! Warning! Warning!
This is a BIG whining thread! If you don't like anyone whining, don't read this post!

I have to post this because there is something seriously wrong with the loot pool in general, and something needs to be done about it. And I'm pretty sure I speak for a lot of Entropians here. There are many other hunters, miners and crafters out there losing lots of PED because the loot pool seems to be almost totally gone! In early VU10, I had 6-7 globals (My first ever ones), and for those I am thankful, but ever since my last one, the loot pool for me has gone totally dry. For instance, I was hunting Exarosaur Alphas-Stalkers out of Segna Forest. This is the only spawning of these size exas that I know of. I carefully recorded the hunt and here is the result:
Equipment:
Breer M3a (L) tt=11.56
Omegaton A102 Amp tt=25.00
Grender Precision Scope tt=11.56
Loots:
No-Loot: 39
<1 PED: 20
1-2PED: 6
2+ PED: 1 (one very lucky 33.70PED)
Results:
Return: 70.21PED
Ammo: 50.00PED
Decay: 12.07PED
Profit/Loss: +8.14PED
If it hadn't been for the lucky 33PEDer (which hardly ever come about), the hunt would have been a TOTAL disaster. Generally, this is the sort of hunt return I get (minus the big one), and this isn't just one or two bad hunts in a while, this is EVERY solo hunt I go on. If MA wants to keep people using their product, they have reward those people spending the PEDs, not keep stripping more and more off everyone. I am seriously looking at my options, wether I leave now or not, because I am getting sick of no-loot and really bad hunts. I have never been a big depositor, nor will I ever be. I'm not a regular depositor, and I don't want to be either. And for one thing, I certainly won't be depositing any more until this is fixed. For the moment though, I gonna have a week or so break from EU and see what its like once I'm back.

If you have the same frustrating time as me in game, post here cause I want to see how far-spread this issue is... And maybe with enough support we, as a community, could work out some sort of action so MA has to fix the loot problem.
Thanks for looking.

Reactions: RR1
thats the way this game works, either you get the one or two big ones and do well on the hunt or you dont and the hunt sux. MA seems to like the all or nothing method for distributing loot.

Results:
Return: 70.21PED
Ammo: 50.00PED
Decay: 12.07PED
Profit/Loss: +8.14PED

This might be the first time I've ever seen anyone on EF complain about making a profit. This is a new low.

when tracking loot about 50% of the loot is in your normal loots and the rest is determined by your minis and globals. Frequency of minis is about 1 in 25 to 30 loots, and peak loots about 1 in 100-120 loots. What you have here is normal loot and one Peak loot that determine how big your loss or profit is and in your case was a profit.

Profit is a good thing means next hunt you can loose a few peds and still be even overall.

If you want to even out your loot a bit more, bring enough ammo to kill at least 120 mobs. Should see a few less 50% only hunts and see more 70-100+% TT return hunts.

Looting seems the same as normal to me, you may want to kill more than just 66 MOBs to make that judgment.

As bad as my hunts have been I would be smilling with an 8ped profit!!!

Note: Not in game atm hopeing loots pick up out of crap to sell to keep playing :mad:

If it hadn't been for the lucky 33PEDer (which hardly ever come about), the hunt would have been a TOTAL disaster.

maybe the loot was bad cuz it was building up for this one? :rolleyes:

Honestly, I have the same returns now as before, and so do most of my friends that I have spoken to about it... also, seems like 98% of those that whine are the same people over and over again... :laugh:

I still don't understand how you can have bad loot all the time, without doing something wrong :scratch2:

Also, you mentioned you had gotten your first globals, and 6-7 of them nonetheless... this is probably also an explaination, as the loot value tends to drop a little after globals and such (sometimes)...

So you profited 8 peds on a 62 ped hunt and are crying? :confused:

You mentioned that MA should reward the people that are spending peds as if you were one of them... :rolleyes:

:duh:
Thanks for the
Whiner Warning
:whiner:

Last edited:
For me the rules are simple.

1. A hunt with no globals or hofs (or ATH) means loss.
    There is almost no way u profit (exception if u get a low TT item with high markup).
  2. A hunt with global or a small hof CAN result in profit, but theire isn't a garanty u do (and again exception if u get a low TT item with high markup).
  3. A hunt with a big HOF or ATH means profit.

A good loss/profit calculation must be done over several hunts, or better several years.
In all the time u hunt, u build up skills, and they have also value.
This must be included in the calculation whenever u want to calculate profit or loss.

This is my point of view about profit/loss calculations.

Greetings,

Bigdeal

This might be the first time I've ever seen anyone on EF complain about making a profit. This is a new low.

:wise: NOPE! I did it first!

LOL?

I did a run on medium/big atrox yesterday (50k ammo).

Had 2 globals (54, 72) and still lost approx. 250 peds. So you see, even with globals you don't always profit or break even.

Another example:

Did a 50k ammo run on ambulimax the other day.
NOT EVEN ONE GLOBAL! Yeah, go figure what my loss was...

Please don't complain about making profit.

hy,
Each Hunter has a different PED limit. A Hunter with 100 ped/day or a Hunter with 5000 Ped/day, is the same, both lose money and reached they limit. Both are UNHAPPY and for both it is too expensive !

For all saying -> "i dont understand why you have only 50% return on longruns, you do anything wrong !". Answer: You will not believe, but they are alot of Player do nothing wrong, they do the same everyday like YOU Lucky's !! But they dont have the BONUSLOOT FLAG = ON in the Database. :rolleyes:

Falke

I would be smilling with an 8ped profit!!!

I agree with this statement.

I may hunt smaller than most... ah screw it, ALL of you, but I have dropped from my hard earned 100ped to 10ped. Non-depositing and still doing something though, no complaining/whining.

Hey where are the people with facepalm pics when you need them ? :D

It’s no wonder MA & FPC don’t take us seriously anymore :rolleyes:

Reactions: Aly
I think it is very original to whine about profits :D

Some people seem to get sooo used to loosing, they now whine about profit. Hehe, MA really messes our minds up ;)

okey so where are the news in your report :scratch2:

lmao

Thanks for the profit warning GalacticLord. ;)

It’s no wonder MA & FPC don’t take us seriously anymore :rolleyes:

Ah, well... I have seen ppl complaining about the oddest things :D

1) Profits
2) Free gifts
3) Something about that the runner-up prizes in a MA event was not good enough? :scratch2:

whats a 8ped profit worth if you pay 200 bucks to get it? thats why i wrote a thread like this too a while ago and thats why i can understand the op.

big exas is really fun, and good sometimes.. but they were even better when they dropped the vigi helmet once a day or so.. now I dunno..

stay eco and you might not have to depo much if you keep grinding small mobs like exa. 8 peds profit means free skilling.. thats great

whats a 8ped profit worth if you pay 200 bucks to get it? thats why i wrote a thread like this too a while ago and thats why i can understand the op.

Uhm.. who cares if you pay a million bucks and still 8 ped profit?

Profit is profit no matter how you twist and turn it, if i made +8 ped on each 62 ped spent... woha... well lets just say i wouldnt browse EF and make pointless posts in pointless threads if that were the case...

My normal is like.. say 500-1k hunt, and come back with 50% of it if lucky, sweet loot indeed....

they said

MA or whoever made a statement that they use the same loot algorithm as they did before version 10. I feel like that is true. I'm progressing at the same rate as I was and depo the same amount of money as before (more or less)
Yea I here what you are saying though. So many long time players are complaining so that tells me something is wrong. You can see a HoF from a Bery Young or Daikiba Mature and thing it would have been better dispersed between a lot of players then going just to one. But like another poster said, this is how MA likes to distribute loot. It keeps you hoping when you see someone hit it big. Like someone else posted, you gotta hunt a lot. You could hunt 10 mobs.. get like 2ped in loot... then hunt 10 more and get 20 ped. It seems pretty random to me and some days are better than others. When you are hot, u are hot, when u r not, you're not. Pretty much it.
I hope they are working to make customers happy more in the future.:wtg:

MA or whoever made a statement that they use the same loot algorithm as they did before version 10. I feel like that is true. I'm progressing at the same rate as I was and depo the same amount of money as before (more or less)
Yea I here what you are saying though. So many long time players are complaining so that tells me something is wrong. You can see a HoF from a Bery Young or Daikiba Mature and thing it would have been better dispersed between a lot of players then going just to one. But like another poster said, this is how MA likes to distribute loot. It keeps you hoping when you see someone hit it big. Like someone else posted, you gotta hunt a lot. You could hunt 10 mobs.. get like 2ped in loot... then hunt 10 more and get 20 ped. It seems pretty random to me and some days are better than others. When you are hot, u are hot, when u r not, you're not. Pretty much it.
I hope they are working to make customers happy more in the future.:wtg:

Nothing changed the past two years, some uber loot off an combibo young once in a while simply draws more attention than the ubers off small troxies.
Sometimes loot is better and sometimes it is worse and unless one has enough PEDs he will allways complain that loot is bad, although on average it never changes.
Almost like saying on a rainy day, that the sun never shines.

Regardless of the OP's actualy return in that hunt, I find it pretty outrageous to have more mobs not looting and most of the ones that do not even pay for themselves.

Sure, TT return in the long run evens itself out if you play eco and within your skill's limit (well to ~90%), but having to rely on getting jackpots is not only very frustrating, but after some time completely takes out the joy of getting a global or small hof, when you know it's all just gonna be taken away soon anyway, or is just something you're getting back for the huge losses and frustration you endured in the past hunts.

I for one, barely even get happy anymore when I global, not because it happens often, but because I know it'll be gone in no time, and like others said doesn't necessarily even mean that I'll break even on that run.

I was much more satisfied in the old days when, eventhough there were no obscene uberhofs every 5 minutes, but at least a global meant pretty much guaranteed profit. Which lasted for much longer, too.

MA simply raised the stakes but kept the average equal (on the VU that enabled the infamous "noob uberhofs"), and as long as you understand that, it becomes a little less stressful, but still takes away a lot of the joy in hunting or doing whatever activity, in my opinion.

When you get those bad periods, regardless of knowing that it'll even out eventually, it is still upsetting to keep thinking "Is it going to even out on this run?" or even "What if I don't get anything to even it out, this time?".

Sorry for the long-winded post, wasn't planning on it to be this big, but stuff just kept popping up in my mind as I wrote. :ahh:

Sure, TT return in the long run evens itself out if you play eco and within your skill's limit (well to ~90%), but having to rely on getting jackpots is not only very frustrating, but after some time completely takes out the joy of getting a global or small hof, when you know it's all just gonna be taken away soon anyway, or is just something you're getting back for the huge losses and frustration you endured in the past hunts.

From my experience if you get too many no-looters your setup is not right for the situation.
Sometimes a slower kill is more profitable than a fast kill.
If the only joy in hunting is getting a global, than the problem lies more in the attitude of the hunter than in the system itself. One can hunt and have a steady return rate even at lower skills and PEDs cycled, it just takes a bit more time and is not as "thrilling".

for me the loot have improved since VU 10 :)

Back