Loot Pool Gone Bad

you only took enough to kill 70 some odd exa's and you still profited?

lucky bastard.

From my experience if you get too many no-looters your setup is not right for the situation.
Sometimes a slower kill is more profitable than a fast kill.
If the only joy in hunting is getting a global, than the problem lies more in the attitude of the hunter than in the system itself. One can hunt and have a steady return rate even at lower skills and PEDs cycled, it just takes a bit more time and is not as "thrilling".

Did you even take your time to read the post? You completely missed my point.

From my experience if you get too many no-looters your setup is not right for the situation.
Sometimes a slower kill is more profitable than a fast kill.
If the only joy in hunting is getting a global, than the problem lies more in the attitude of the hunter than in the system itself. One can hunt and have a steady return rate even at lower skills and PEDs cycled, it just takes a bit more time and is not as "thrilling".

NO setup changes the amount of "no looters" if you really think that then i really think you don't understand how loot works.

Did you even take your time to read the post? You completely missed my point.

Your point was, that in the old times it was better, which I can not confirm as a post VU9 born.

NO setup changes the amount of "no looters" if you really think that then i really think you don't understand how loot works.

Then maybe you should try some experiments ?!
If I get too many no-looters I am killing too fast. Loot evens out some time, mostly with a global or higher but it surely is not encouraging to hunt that way. With the right setup you can hunt for weeks without ever getting a global.

I think the problem is that there are less people hunting, if we're assuming the global system hasn't been toyed with.

If you look at Entropia Tracker, I was somewhat dismayed to see that the general trend lines for globals in almost all popular mobs are dropping... not precipitously in most cases, but they're still trending downward. I'm assuming this is because less people are hunting, so fewer globals are ringing up, rather than expecting that FPC changed the distribution balance.

Maybe this is why some of the loot is more noticeably bad?

I usually have a good to excellent return on hunting, but here lately, I must say there have been a few serious stinkers, like a 200 ped hunt on Atrox that resulted in about 50 peds in loot, and a 150 ped hunt on Atrox that resulted in 26 peds in loot.

U need someone to gain and loss at the same time and i understand.

However 500peds ammo hunt and 130+peds decay and u only get 130peds return.. that's just plain BULLSHIT. The whole time i didn't loot anything worth more than 5peds.

Your point was, that in the old times it was better, which I can not confirm as a post VU9 born.

Then maybe you should try some experiments ?!
If I get too many no-looters I am killing too fast. Loot evens out some time, mostly with a global or higher but it surely is not encouraging to hunt that way. With the right setup you can hunt for weeks without ever getting a global.

I don't need experiments.. i've been hunting constant for the last 2 years. setup doesn't affect no looters. killing too fast or too slow does not affect "no looter".. i think it is you that should perform experiments :p

I don't need experiments.. i've been hunting constant for the last 2 years. setup doesn't affect no looters. killing too fast or too slow does not affect "no looter".. i think it is you that should perform experiments :p

hmmm...so you did no experiments and do not agree on the theory that others have tested here, that damage done to a mob affects loot outcome ?
Quite arrogant to say that you know how loot works.

I will belive ya when ya conduct and experiment with 10 different setups on 5 mobs, at least 1k PED ammo on each setup and mob :yay:

;)

I have myself noticed that setup affects loot... at least in some ways.

I already lost 10366ped on the new vu and I got nothing in storage to show for it.

And before vu 10 I lost about 30000ped before i decided to take a break. So I think its avatar based on who gets the good stuff, since I used to hunt 13-16 hours everyday before.

This game is totally bogus atm. And with FPC now the loots are even worse.

And on 10366ped loss not even an SGA item and this is suppose to be golden age.

I am not even sure I am going to depo anymore, since the games current state.
And another thing this game aint "dynamic" loot anymore its "constant" loss.

Loots:
No-Loot: 39
<1 PED: 20
1-2PED: 6
2+ PED: 1 (one very lucky 33.70PED)
Results:
Return: 70.21PED
Ammo: 50.00PED
Decay: 12.07PED
Profit/Loss: +8.14PED

"Oh shit i profited :eek: this unproves my theory" :laugh:

But seriously, i reckon that the lootpool sucks, but i believe in a better time :laugh:

I don't want to debate this because you're obviously too sure of your point, hence unable to debate, but, when talking about systems which you don't know 100% (i.e. you didn't took part in EU coding), try to be more reserved. Like.. "my opinion is" or "I believe that". Imo.

Either that either you did worked in EU coding and you should share more with us :D

As for OP, one advice: if you reach the limit which you want to deposit, just stop. Simple. At one point, maybe MA will get the point.

I was much more satisfied in the old days when, eventhough there were no obscene uberhofs every 5 minutes, but at least a global meant pretty much guaranteed profit. Which lasted for much longer, too.

Amen, brother. But you're discussing with newbs who started EU with minimum loot 50% and they can't understand that it was different and how it was different.

Amusing though that all these newbs who know for sure how EU was foreva' and eva' (more precisely 8 months ago, never mind for how long EU/PE existed), and how all stuff work around, usually are washed up pretty fast while we still play.

P.S.: what is that loot pool?

Last edited:
Started tracking my activity on Oct 14

1971 PEDs spent
1953 PEDs returned

Profit/loss = -18 PEDs (99.09% return)

And that is BEFORE markup

I think the loot pool is doing just fine...

Started tracking my activity on Oct 14

1971 PEDs spent
1953 PEDs returned

Profit/loss = -18 PEDs (99.09% return)

And that is BEFORE markup

I think the loot pool is doing just fine...

well some of the ppl here will claim one of the following:

1) You are in a luck small minority
2) You did something wrong when calculating
3) You work for MindArk
4) You are lying

:silly2:

i don't want to pick a side. but i've noticed that most of the globals are hit by regulars. and i'm assuming these "regulars" are depositors.

If my theory holds true. (even tho MA denies it) depositors global more.
I hit my 7kped uber after depositing 200$ cuz i had lose 6k ped previously and had to depo.

I've depo an ugly amount into this game and i've come to realize that if depo a little bit on a slow week ( slow is 1 global all week) the next day or 2 is full of globals.

check my tracker. those days that i hit 5 or more globals is cuz i depo'd the previous day.

Just my opinion tho :( i could be wrong and it's purely random.

Warning! Warning! Warning!
This is a BIG whining thread! If you don't like anyone whining, don't read this post!

I have to post this because there is something seriously wrong with the loot pool in general, and something needs to be done about it. And I'm pretty sure I speak for a lot of Entropians here. There are many other hunters, miners and crafters out there losing lots of PED because the loot pool seems to be almost totally gone! In early VU10, I had 6-7 globals (My first ever ones), and for those I am thankful, but ever since my last one, the loot pool for me has gone totally dry. For instance, I was hunting Exarosaur Alphas-Stalkers out of Segna Forest. This is the only spawning of these size exas that I know of. I carefully recorded the hunt and here is the result:
Equipment:
Breer M3a (L) tt=11.56
Omegaton A102 Amp tt=25.00
Grender Precision Scope tt=11.56
Loots:
No-Loot: 39
<1 PED: 20
1-2PED: 6
2+ PED: 1 (one very lucky 33.70PED)
Results:
Return: 70.21PED
Ammo: 50.00PED
Decay: 12.07PED
Profit/Loss: +8.14PED
If it hadn't been for the lucky 33PEDer (which hardly ever come about), the hunt would have been a TOTAL disaster. Generally, this is the sort of hunt return I get (minus the big one), and this isn't just one or two bad hunts in a while, this is EVERY solo hunt I go on. If MA wants to keep people using their product, they have reward those people spending the PEDs, not keep stripping more and more off everyone. I am seriously looking at my options, wether I leave now or not, because I am getting sick of no-loot and really bad hunts. I have never been a big depositor, nor will I ever be. I'm not a regular depositor, and I don't want to be either. And for one thing, I certainly won't be depositing any more until this is fixed. For the moment though, I gonna have a week or so break from EU and see what its like once I'm back.

If you have the same frustrating time as me in game, post here cause I want to see how far-spread this issue is... And maybe with enough support we, as a community, could work out some sort of action so MA has to fix the loot problem.
Thanks for looking.

Hang on a sec ... let me get this right. You hunt made a profit, and yet your still going off in a big no loot ranting thread? :loco:

check my tracker. those days that i hit 5 or more globals is cuz i depo'd the previous day.

...which is quite natural, because you had way more PEDs to cycle.
There are quite some non depositers who would tell you that it has nothing to do with depositing.

Hang on a sec ... let me get this right. You hunt made a profit, and yet your still going off in a big no loot ranting thread? :loco:

I think his point is not the profit in and of itself, we all have our ups and downs. My guess is the point he's trying to get across is:
1) Ridiculous amount of no-looters
2) Even with getting an unusually big loot he almost only breaked even because the rest of the hunt was so pitiful
3) It is frustrating to have to get an unusually big loot to even have a chance of breaking even

Which I could not agree more with, to be honest...

I think his point is not the profit in and of itself, we all have our ups and downs. My guess is the point he's trying to get across is:
2) Even with getting an unusually big loot he almost only breaked even because the rest of the hunt was so pitiful
3) It is frustrating to have to get an unusually big loot to even have a chance of breaking even

Thats just the way the system is mate. How would you guys like it if EVERY time you killed a mob of the same type and maturity it ALWAYS looted the same tt value back? At around 80 or 90% or (insert % here) of what it cost to kill the mob?

There wouldn't be no looter but people would still be pissed off because ... well ... It removes the chance to profit from tt value completely.

It kinda takes away the thrill of the hunt doesnt it?

Reactions: Aly
well some of the ppl here will claim one of the following:

1) You are in a luck small minority
2) You did something wrong when calculating
3) You work for MindArk
4) You are lying

:silly2:

Yeah that sound just like what I was thinking.

.. It removes the chance to profit from tt value completely.

You can never profit from tt, hence would be no real change. Only gamblers would like less the game.

Edited, just fool of me to keep arguing with Solitaire players who are more actively on EF than ingame.

Last edited:
* deleted *

Last edited:

Thank you! Thats exactly what I'm trying to say... The profit was great, the first one I had had in quite a while and I'm pleased about that. Its the pitiful amount of loot that prompted me to make this thread. And the loot only seems to be getting worse. And its also the fact that MA seems to find a way of stripping me of my PEDs on almost every hunt I go on.
As I said, I am not a big, nor regular depositor, and with loot this bad I just cannot support my gameplay. And if it is true that some of you get worse loot than this all the time, I feel really sorry for you.

Thats just the way the system is mate. How would you guys like it if EVERY time you killed a mob of the same type and maturity it ALWAYS looted the same tt value back? At around 80 or 90% or (insert % here) of what it cost to kill the mob?

There wouldn't be no looter but people would still be pissed off because ... well ... It removes the chance to profit from tt value completely.

It kinda takes away the thrill of the hunt doesnt it?

That type of system would be boring as hell. :laugh:

Now I do agree that no looters are disappointing. I try not to focus on them too much though. The system in the long run seems to work out to an average return. This has been tested by many people on this forum, including myself, as I am in the process of conducting a very long term test. Only been at it for a month, but so far the findings would seem to confirm this. There are ups and downs, but on average you should end up at a point just below the breakeven mark when considering TT spent into the system and TT returned. Markups are all player based and I do not factor them into my calculations.

But if there are no big upswings, where do the valuable items come from? Nothing of any real value could be looted until you get into the real expensive to kill mobs like Dasps for instance. Those things can cost 50 PED to kill. But even then, at say a 90% return rate, the most you could loot would be 45 PED. Where do the 2000+ TT value items come from then?

However, I am all for getting rid of the no loots. I don't see why instead of a no loot, they throw you a little bone. Give me a few pecs of oil residue. At least the window pops up and I don't feel like killing the mob was a complete waste. Marco has talked about removing the no looters. I think it's good overall. One less thing for people to complain about if they feel like they are at least getting SOMETHING...

Amen, brother. But you're discussing with newbs who started EU with minimum loot 50% and they can't understand that it was different and how it was different.

Yeah, I'm starting to agree more and more with the above statement by every next reply I see posted here... :tapfinger

Don't wanna make it look like I'm on the high horse or anything, but really, you guys are trying to argue about something you don't even know what was like.

Twisting my words into making it seem like I want every mob to loot the exact same amount or that I'm saying uberloots aren't possible is not only completely mistaken, but also a very weak way of discussing something.

i don't want to pick a side. but i've noticed that most of the globals are hit by regulars. and i'm assuming these "regulars" are depositors.

If my theory holds true. (even tho MA denies it) depositors global more.
I hit my 7kped uber after depositing 200$ cuz i had lose 6k ped previously and had to depo.

I've depo an ugly amount into this game and i've come to realize that if depo a little bit on a slow week ( slow is 1 global all week) the next day or 2 is full of globals.

I think it's wrong, I haven't deposited since April and still global regularly, I know quite a few people that don't deposit and do OK. I can easily get a small profit if I grind hunt. But nearly everytime I buy a big gun to have some fun it is a loss.

. But nearly everytime I buy a big gun to have some fun it is a loss.

Lol.. i notice that as well. hehe big guns are fun.. but the overall cost is insane especially when u get that big lul in the game where loots just terribad.

Classic

Absolute classic. I gave this thread 1 star, but I think maybe 5 would have been more appropriate.

So you carefully recorded one hunt, had a bunch of no loots, and then balanced it out quite nicely with an entirely unremarkable and in no way lucky "mini". That is exactly no news at all.

Low frequency, high value loots are as much a part of average returns as no loots are. If you are going to bitch about the "loot pool", at least post stats from an actual sh*tty hunt next time.

And then your signature.....:laugh:

Just classic.

Oh wait, I wasn't invited to you whine and cheese party. Never mind.

:wave:

Miles

As bad as my hunts have been I would be smilling with an 8ped profit!!!

Note: Not in game atm hopeing loots pick up out of crap to sell to keep playing :mad:

Pretty much where I am too.

Back