Lucky Seven the Farmer

Lucky Seven

Guardian
Society
Black Angels Evolution
Johnny Lucky Seven
I have been getting allot of flack in game and in the forum for my "disciple farming".

Amazing how people just come on here and flat out lie.

I have reasons why I do what I do - it works better than any other method.

Im my opinion the current state of entering the game sucks. If you are lucky a guide is there, if your super lucky a good mentor like Alice is there. But most of the time there is nobody there.

There is a group of people who hang out in the NAZ, some help, some just give advise, some just talk. Not many people are active in mentoring, they do for a while and quit cause they get bad results. Hence we have only 1 well known mentor in game Alice of Wonderland. Thats 1 - ok lets stretch it and say 10. Thats 10 out of how many members in this game? That sucks guys. Fact is many new people fall thu the cracks and get no help at all.

People dont mentor cause its time consuming and doesn't produce the best results. You may be a great mentor, but you cant change the fact that a person cannot afford the game or will not enjoy the grind of non-depositing.

And I tried mentoring like everyone else has, it took forever - and about 1 in 15 players actually hang around and continue playing. I did it so much that I hate it now. Well those results don't cut it.

So here I am, I would like to build a big society of good players, how can I?

So here is what we do. This is a group effort, you must have a good team to pull it off.

Build a training society - the general and officers need to be ready to train.
Get a recruiting officer to stand in NAZ. Get runners for sweat camp.

Dont interfere with other mentors in the NAZ, dont run up to new arrivals.
Let them come to you, then engage them in pm. Use any method to add them as disciple and get them into training society. Dont try and steal players from other mentors - plenty of players to go around, you want to get the ones the others miss.

Do you add them all as a disciple? No, you better share them with the upper officers in the training society, or that wont last long lol.

Once the player is in the training society they have lots of people to help and answer questions, sweat with them etc... Now the player is not dependent on the mentor being online to get info. The society provides better coverage around the clock as a single mentor cannot be online all the time. Now they have lots of mentors and society mates of there level to play with. This way you can train 20 people instead of 2.

I hope that alot of people start doing this - we would miss fewer new players that come into the game.

Yes my disciples dont get a 2 hour tour of game, but I go thru more than anybody else in the game, most of who would be ignored. Their experience is different, but many of them liked it just fine. They learned the same info but it probably takes a little longer.

In the end I get players that are workers - gamers who are not afraid to sweat and trade. People who can learn by listening. This method lets you get to know a little about someone before letting them in your main society or on your vent.

This is a different method - has its advantages(more volume) and disadvantages(less personal attention).

Now you can all freak out, try to make intelligent comments tho.

Last edited:
<3 Lucky Seven

I'm a member of Riverboat Academy and Lucky Seven was my mentor. Thanks to the officers in Riverboat and Lucky Seven I completed my training in 22 days. The daily support and information provided made my entropia intro so easy.

Roaming the wilds as a nub, once or twice I placed myself in some sticky situations. I'd just mentioned it in soc chat and have officers clamerging to come rescue me. Vinn Diesel is the soc leader and really enjoys helping new people learn the ropes. The focus of The Academy is to train and assist and offer support. Members once trained then turn around and offer help to new comers.
With achievement come promotions. Once members reach a certain level their membership is expanded to include vent and access to higher level mentors. Lucky Seven's involvement in my training was limited at first. All of my really nub questions were covered and more by Academy members. But at no time did I message him and he ignored me. I've always found him to be not only a fount of information but a great person to just chat with. Not all members take advantage of all that is offered.

Once I graduated Lucky Seven gifts me with a nice pile of peds, sharing the mentor gift he received. Since then he's taken me on hunts and beacon runs and other fun activities, some down right silly. Talking to him on vent everyday has become a part of my dailly routine.

Officers and members really don't spend any time recruiting. The focus is mentoring and helping each other. It's Lucky Seven's job to recruit new members, a job he does fairly well. Although we could handle even more recruits. ( Go Farm more recruits!) Daily new people come into the world of entropia, many will not make it past the first week. Some will not make it past the first month.

When I was looking for a mentor I was rejected by several because I didn't plan to deposit or my time zone was wrong. When I spoke with Lucky Seven he offered a program that fit with the way I play. I was accepted into the Academy, the welcome was almost overwhelming. I really felt like and still do that I'm part of a family, and with Riverboat Gamblers, an extended family.

So, Thanks Lucky Seven and Vinn Diesel, my entropia heros

Last edited:
I think your idea itself is good to have many teachers or mentors but i think in your post in the thread "how Rude", you made it sound as if new players are a waste of your time and that you make your society work to get you mentor items. If I was a new player joining your society I would find it very hard to listen to your advice when I know you already think I'm a moron.

I have been honest about the fact that I really dont enjoy teaching new players, thats why I spend my time recruiting. Once the players get up in level then I spend more time with them.

I never say anything about new players being a waste of time - I said I would like to hit them with a stick sometimes. (Stop making stuff up dammit - quote it!)

Just because I dont enjoy training doesn't mean i think the new player is a moron.

I'm a member of Riverboat Academy and Lucky Seven was my mentor. Thanks to the officers in Riverboat and Lucky Seven I completed my training in 22 days. The daily support and information provided made my entropia intro so easy.

Roaming the wilds as a nub, once or twice I placed myself in some sticky situations. I'd just mentioned it in soc chat and have officers clamerging to come rescue me. Vinn Diesel is the soc leader and really enjoys helping new people learn the ropes. The focus of The Academy is to train and assist and offer support. Members once trained then turn around and offer help to new comers.
With achievement come promotions. Once members reach a certain level their membership is expanded to include vent and access to higher level mentors. Lucky Seven's involvement in my training was limited at first. All of my really nub questions were covered and more by Academy members. But at no time did I message him and he ignored me. I've always found him to be not only a fount of information but a great person to just chat with. Not all members take advantage of all that is offered.

Once I graduated Lucky Seven gifts me with a nice pile of peds, sharing the mentor gift he received. Since then he's taken me on hunts and beacon runs and other fun activities, some down right silly. Talking to him on vent everyday has become a part of my dailly routine.

Officers and members really don't spend any time recruiting. The focus is mentoring and helping each other. It's Lucky Seven's job to recruit new members, a job he does fairly well. Although we could handle even more recruits. ( Go Farm more recruits!) Daily new people come into the world of entropia, many will not make it past the first week. Some will not make it past the first month.

When I was looking for a mentor I was rejected by several because I didn't plan to deposit or my time zone was wrong. When I spoke with Lucky Seven he offered a program that fit with the way I play. I was accepted into the Academy, the welcome was almost overwhelming. I really felt like and still do that I'm part of a family, and with Riverboat Gamblers, an extended family.

So, Thanks Lucky Seven and Vinn Diesel, my entropia heros

I am sure you think he has done a truly great job, but once you learn what proper mentors do, you will change your mind I assure u.

I think this comments like this are the reason you're getting so much shit lately, in game and on EF. :wise:

I was shocked to read such a thing .. it sounds so heartless towards the 'youth' of today's EU. :( :dunno:

Somebody told you I dont help my disciples, hell they are right.
.....​
I hate training new people. They ask stupid questions and I could run from New Oxford to Neas in my sleep Ive done it so many times. If I could reach thru the internet and hit them with a stick, I would. Repeatedly.

And do you tell people this before you sign them up as disciples?

No.
I tell them Im their mentor and to press "yes".
Or I don't say anything.
Or I say Howdy.

Depends on my mood. Also depends on what their name is, how they have acted, what questions they have asked...etc.

Basically if I dont do things the way you do it - I am wrong.

Lets just keep doing things the same even if it means a HUGE number of new people get no help at all.

This community has made up some mentoring rules - and guess what they dont get the job done.

So I made up my own system - has advantages and disadvantages just like yours.

Jeeze Mom - Im being honest! - sorry if that is bad. I dont have the right to choose who I mentor? Ive trained a TON of people in this game having been here 3 years, it drives me nuts!!!!!!

I have to agree with Deilana, having created my avatar in mid beta i spawned in Atlas haven (dunno why but i swear i did). there was no one there to help me at all so i found out how to sweat and spent to long sweating to where i had to much skill and could not get a mentor. i quit and came back the beginning of this year. i was introduced to Lucky Seven, since i have to much skill to be a disciple no one wanted anything to do with me. However he was willing to at least talk to me where no one else would. Thus allowing me to stop standing in Port Atlantis asking questions and being called a noob and other various things

I am sure you think he has done a truly great job, but once you learn what proper mentors do, you will change your mind I assure u.

Wow what a rebuttal. The fact is you don't know what is offered here to those that are willing to work. Yes if your looking for a a free handout maybe this is not for you. Lucky is blunt in saying that is finds super nub questions boring. He has however taken the time and effort to team with a group of people who enjoy that aspect of the game. One thing I learned from him and others in his association is that this is a team effort. Not just the mentor ship thing but the entire world of entropia.

What exactly is your idea of a great mentor? You imply that I should re-roll and accept your tutelage, as it's far superior. Is that an offer?

Your very comment implies that I don't yet know how to play the game, because Vinn and Lucky didn't do their job correctly according to your standards. It also implies that there is no way as a gamer I could have figured anything out for myself. And I guess as yet I don't know how to play.

So basicly your rebuttal consists of saying I'm too dumb to know I'm dumb. oooOOOooo

Wow what a rebuttal. The fact is you don't know what is offered here to those that are willing to work. Yes if your looking for a a free handout maybe this is not for you. Lucky is blunt in saying that is finds super nub questions boring. He has however taken the time and effort to team with a group of people who enjoy that aspect of the game. One thing I learned from him and others in his association is that this is a team effort. Not just the mentor ship thing but the entire world of entropia.

What exactly is your idea of a great mentor? You imply that I should re-roll and accept your tutelage, as it's far superior. Is that an offer?

Your very comment implies that I don't yet know how to play the game, because Vinn and Lucky didn't do their job correctly according to your standards. It also implies that there is no way as a gamer I could have figured anything out for myself. And I guess as yet I don't know how to play.

So basicly your rebuttal consists of saying I'm too dumb to know I'm dumb. oooOOOooo

No, I am not saying you are dumb. I am simply saying that sevens tutalidge is all you have known. The fact of the matter is, he is here to make money out of new starters. That is the sole reason of him taking on as many disciples as he can. When he refers to the fact of our methods not working as well as his, he simply means that he graduates more disciples. If he wasnt in it to make the money then he wouldnt be selling his mentor gifts. Alice who is probably the most well known mentor never sells her gits so obviously she isnt in it for the money.

When I take on a disciple I normally take them to see the RDI building so they can see a few of the creatures. I then take them to the sweat camp, do a bit of sweating while healing them. Take them to Billy's, explain how to use the tp. Explain how to use the auction for example the importance of the market value tab. Explain which sib weapons to use and at what lvl's you should use them. I also do tp runs and heal my disciples on the way which is nice and eco cause I have an Adjusted FAP :). O ye, did I mention I also buy the first 1k of sweat from each of my disciples for 0.6? does this in any way compare to the tutalidge u hav received?

And do you think your method changes whether or not a player can afford the game Jack?

Do you think it makes a player enjoy sweating enough to grind out a non depositing lifestyle?

I think your retention rates are the same as mine. Because its basically a crapshoot getting a player who will graduate or not.

You can think cause you explain game differently they are more likely to stay, but really that has little effect on there ability to afford, or their enjoyment of this game.

Again I is say you are coming from a base of no knowledge about the program that is offered by Lucky and Riverboat Academy. I was not only offered all you stated but much more. Including a couple of tp runs by Lucky himself and purchases of items above tt to get me started. And the learning process continues.

As far as the mentor gift goes, I guess it would have been noble for Lucky to keep it as a memento, but as he split the profits between Vinn and myself, I am very glad he did sell it. Call me a mercenrary if you will. It offered me a nice little nest egg. I know he didn't need to do that, it was a very nice gesture on his part. I wonder... how many other mentors are will to give up the gifts like that.

Your right a lot of what Vinn and Lucky did for me I assumed was standard. Now I see from you description of your role, that they went way above what most new players can expect from a mentor. Sharing loot, covering hunt costs, offering items mush needed items at tt, or less or free, healing and offering hands on experiences, this list goes on and on. These guys have been tops. Oh yeah, I did have to show a little interest.

Last edited:
bah, I can see it is pointless arguing with u guys. All I will say is, you only have to look at the comments by other people, it isnt just me and the fact that seven and his society only showed up once the new mentor gifts were implemented and I bet this can be proved by looking at the date the society was created. Although I havnt checked this yet.

bah, I can see it is pointless arguing with u guys. All I will say is, you only have to look at the comments by other people, it isnt just me and the fact that seven and his society only showed up once the new mentor gifts were implemented and I bet this can be proved by looking at the date the society was created. Although I havnt checked this yet.
Well maybe you should check it buddy ;)

Yes plz check lol - your losing it dude. You got Bigfoot in a cooler as well?

You know if I was really only in it for the money I wouldnt post my methods here. Im sure people will copy it, and I invite them too.

I cant do it all the time, please come take my spot and build your society.

Last edited:
ok, so u created the academy about 4 months before the new gifts came, but its only since the new gifts came that you have started all this farming crap. I will be asking all of the riverboat members that I come across what they think of your methods or exactley what training they have received.

about the program

The 'program' that is there, is the participant guide on www.entropiauniverse.com that everybody can read, and nobody needs to enroll for. The purpose of mentors is to provider personal help, and answer questions personally, and provide help, support, and get people started, personally, not enrolling them in some program.

You are more than welcome to Jack, maybe you should have before you posted here.

Jot - well I hate to tell you this but that is simply your opinion, and some rules you or someone else has made up. I don't do things the way you do, that doesn't make my method wrong.

Im not going to tell a new player to go read a website and forum when they enter the game, I think they would rather actually play.

I have made up different rules.

Im not getting allot of negative rep for this thread yet, we will see if that continues.

Last edited:
The 'program' that is there, is the participant guide on www.entropiauniverse.com that everybody can read, and nobody needs to enroll for. The purpose of mentors is to provider personal help, and answer questions personally, and provide help, support, and get people started, personally, not enrolling them in some program.

I Think Wody you only read the parts of my posts that served your purpose. I received tons of daily hands on help and continue to receive that help.

Last edited:
ok, so u created the academy about 4 months before the new gifts came, but its only since the new gifts came that you have started all this farming crap. I will be asking all of the riverboat members that I come across what they think of your methods or exactley what training they have received.

Your grasping at straws now. Maybe you should spend more time helping your disciples. Thanks

this might be surprising, but i support more or less both parties

don't get it wrong, i don't like it when ppl get told "just click yes, i am your mentor, great great" and they don't have a clue what that is

however, mentoring more than 1 person at a time IS more effective, since you just say things ONCE for say 4 ppl

and thats the part where i agree with seven

i started mentoring when ppl spawned in argus, troy and atlas haven (ya, i know that time ;) )
and there were so many newbies that i took like 4 at a time to bring them to troy

many didn't stay, but that happens
lately i took around 7 disciples one by one and all quit after longer tp run and explanation, and i can tell you that it sucks

the days i took 4 at once worked better usually,although the same amount of ppl quit, they all had a group at once of new joiners, which i also invited to my soc later on
which helped me when i was not around
it still does

hence, i agree indeed with getting several disciples at once, IF they get the info
the mentor is responsible for this and in this case it seems to work, since we got at least 1 person which confirmed that she got trained well
although he isn't there for 100% of the info, but noone sais a mentor does
actually, i wrote the guide so i have less questions to answer, especially the same over and over again

and you can help more newbies that way IF they get the info
but as i said, it seems to be the case here

a mentor is basically there for giving the newbie advice and help
if you do that in single chats, in team chat to 4 ppl (like i often did), with a guide (what i did too), try to find a soc for him (i invite most disciples in mine) doesn't matter as long the newbie gets the info needed/wanted

so, despite the recruiting tactics, i am pretty much ok with it in general
maybe the spirit of helping for the sake of it isn't there, but i guess that what the gifts are for
to encourage ppl helping out newbies
which seems to be done here
i don't have to like it, but if i am honest it was the reason why i started mentoring at first (hey, i was sweater, i wanted an uber gun worth 20k ped!, got a brave ME, but stayed with mentoring either way, since i liked to help :D)

from own experience i can tell you that it pretty much sucks to bring 7 ppl one by one to atlas haven and tell them all the SIB etc stuff and they quit the next day
was my choice though, but i have the feeling that it worked better with 4 person groups

fun thing is, out of those 4 person groups, many ppl still play (in my soc as well), while most of the one person ones left (some still play though) :D

however, i really dislike farmers who add farmers and don't give any info
thats not the goal of it, so i support the ppl who warn of harvesters who don't give info out at any time

from the mentor info:
"Being a mentor is about helping new arrivals get a foothold in the new universe...As a mentor you advise your disciples and support them in their development in the Entropia Universe."

as long that is done, i am pretty much ok with it
but if a soc is included in that, it should be made sure they know how to change chats

what i dont agree with
The disciple is the mentors slave
if a person cant figure out the controls they are not worth your time.
Running up and trying to engage a new player in conversation is a waste of time.

i cannot say for sure what kind of help is given or not, so i will not judge there in any case

however, having more than one disciple at a time is more effective, especially if you can chat with them at the same time
that i won't deny, i did that too
and i still have often 1-4 active "fresh disciples" who actually ask questions
and 1-4 older ones in the 70% regions who won't need help anymore really

however, i know what i do to help them and give info, so i can judge my mentoring
my disciples can too, and each graduater i ask if he liked it
and answer was yes each time so far

-------------
since i cannot say what kind of info and help seven has given himself, nor what the soc did, i will and cannot judge about the mentoring style in this case, since there was positive feedback as well
and if he made/makes sure information and helped is passed to the disciple, it is ok

i just don't like the attidude, see quotes, and recruitment behavior
this goes against free will partiallly and using the not existing knowledge of newbies what they do
and that is generally a way how ppl can be scammed, because of lack of info
they have no clue what a mentor is, maybe a little idea what a soc is, and they just get some sort of invitation which they click yes at
and that is not a rule of some sort of the mentor community but repect for others and manners imo

Thank you for posting.

The disciple is the mentors slave - harsh - but point is disciple owes mentor not the other way around. We will probably never agree on this point. I help those people that earn it. And it takes a while to earn my trust, too many scammers and dbags in game.

If a person cant figure out the controls they are a waste of your time.
Again harsh-
Im sorry but there are BIG SIGNS showing controls in the nub area!!!!
If you cant figure those out I dont know what I can do for ya really.

And yes I dont believe in running up to new arrivals, it scares them. Let them read and look around for more than 10 seconds before demanding they become your disciple. I let them come to me. I dont like trying to engage a new player in conversation, I would rather they ask questions first. This way I can get a small impression of what they are like.

And the new mentor offer screen tells you exactly what is involved with mentoring.

Good post Alice, seems accurate to me.

Last edited:
Jeeze Mom - Im being honest! - sorry if that is bad. I dont have the right to choose who I mentor? Ive trained a TON of people in this game having been here 3 years, it drives me nuts!!!!!!

:scratch: I didn't say that at all.
I was just saying that I found the original comments harsh and a little brutal - but hey, such is life. :dunno:

I was one of those who gave you a bit of flak in the other thread, but having read your OP here I think a lot of the things you say are true. I know from my own soc that being in an active, friendly and most of all helpful society is a great boon to new players, whether or not they have a mentor, and if they do, whether or not he is a member of the society.

In SV we encourage new players to join us to get this type of support, and are very happy to provide it (and to continue to provide similar help as people progress well beyond graduation level), though we don't really put much effort into recruiting new players, we let them come to us.

I think, as Danielle said earlier, it was the way you described your own attitude towards new players and your recruitment method in the other thread that got to people. I still think that if you and your society are serious about helping new people through your programme, that you ought to take a less cynical approach in that regard. At the very least, surely you could put more effort into explaining what the programme and the society are all about before you recruit a new player? From what you've said, it sounds like you don't do that at all.

And when, by your own admission, you have something of a personal disregard for these new players, wouldn't it be better for someone with a more positive approach to be the frontman for your society?

:scratch: I didn't say that at all.
I was just saying that I found the original comments harsh and a little brutal - but hey, such is life. :dunno:

Life is brutal Mom ... and a n00b can be REALLY brutal :(

I don't farm or just add new disciples to help em, cause my time will be lost if i know they are just here to "try it out" ...
I usually ask if they deposited or thinking about it : if not, then sorry i can't help you ,is this brutal? yeah , but not more than my lost time when they decide to stop playing after they got their fucking opalo and pixie.. that's even more brutal , to get scammed because you wanted to help .

I don't agree with certain methods written here , but since anyone is free to help ppl , they have their own ways ... i can't really argue on that :dunno:

Let's hope
that MA sometime , gonna improve the Mentoring system :laugh:

Ok Oleg I will anwser that.

I dont do that cause it is slow and new people are scared of accepting mentors. Why are they scared - cause you have people standing in the NAZ "warning" them about mentor scammers. It is so slow that other disciples are being ignored while i spend my time on one person.
And, you wont get many disciples using that method, I have tried.

What works better is this - pm nub - L7 - "Do you need a training society?"
Nub - "Whats that" - L7 -"Its like a guild for new players"
Nub - "Yes"

I just described my (Academy) society and what we are all about. The object here is to get members, not let them run off.

And yes "Im your mentor press yes" works great too. So maybe I trick them a little, so what. Its better than them walking off S of town and ending up at outpost W of Fort Troy. They have 3 days to kick me as a mentor. And I always tell them if they dont like Academy they can leave no hard feelings.

No matter how they are recruited they still receive training. I really dont care what anyone says - having a mentor is better than going out on your own.

I dont think you should be allowed to leave the NAZ without a mentor. Period.

Yeah my attitude sucks sometimes - but I tell it like it is, no BS here.
I feel that being honest about stuff usually is better, good or bad.

Last edited:
man mentoring is just a killer. Definitely takes alot of energy, i try to point my disciples in right direction so that it encourage them to discover things for themselves. yea being in a friendly soc helps. friends are the best thing a noob can have when they have nothing :)

I've had 3 disciples, all quit ;)

You know what - this is how the system could work.

No new player should be allowed to leave the NAZ without a mentor.

A system could be put in place where people would be accepted by MA as mentors. Qualifications would be something like 40 agility, maybe leader of society, 1 year playing time, even have a written test for them to pass. Maybe they should have to have a training society for new player as well with 10 or so active members.

Soon you would have a pool of 50 to 100 mentors to start with. When these mentors are online they are first asked if they are available to mentor, if yes they are placed in a line.

" Your place in the mentor line is 5 "

"A new player is ready for you at the NAZ please report within 5 min"

The new player could even be asked if he would like a mentor assigned to him. Or does he already have an in game friend who will mentor.

The disciples would be able to rate the mentor after they grad, and you could plus or minus rep or just post on a forum. Mentors would build rep, maybe the more rep you had mean you would be able to get more than 3 disciples a week or something.

If anyone really gave a damm you could put this in place without any programming. Make a forum for the test and mentor application.
Have Simon and Emma call in mentors by putting that list on their friends list.
When they are offline have Jot or Alice do it, or other people on the mentor list. Im not doing it forget that right now.

But with this as a start you really could build a better system.

Or we could just continue like we are now.

Last edited:
Why does Deilana make my 'sec Avatar bell' ring?

She doesn't accidently post from the same pc as you do seven?

Oh and with the comments you made so far, I have quite a good idea what kind of person you are.

But anyway, ppl. like you will always excist...:rolleyes:

Why does Deilana make my 'sec Avatar bell' ring?

She doesn't accidently post from the same pc as you do seven?

Oh and with the comments you made so far, I have quite a good idea what kind of person you are.

But anyway, ppl. like you will always excist...:rolleyes:

.. you have a point :)

Back