MA dont help stop scammers

Coffee said:
I added "Read my post above" because most people don't finish reading thru a long thread before posting.

The examples you give of cutting off hands and stoneing people have no relevance in this situation. My point is MA must obide by certains laws (Swedish presumeably) and act accordingly. They do ban scammers when enough evidence and proof is given. It has been done many times in the past. Simply saying someone scammed you after handing over items to them is not near proof enough. Star Rebirth posted above great info on this along with the fact that they do ban these scammers.

Thank you Star Rebirth + Rep for you :)

I didn’t mean the thread statement as an insult. My first sentence was stating that proof needed to be evident. Secondly my statements on various punishments are relevant to theft, which is what we are talking about. E-crime is the most difficult of crimes because it can happen to anyone in the world that live under extremely different forms of law. As well, we tend to think of right and wrong the way we as social groups understand it. But I completely agree they do have laws both local and international that they must follow as well. You make a very valid point they cannot take any action on a law enforcement level. My stance is they cannot bend and mix rules when something comes to Real crime. In this instance the predator broke the EULA and it has been proven by several people… when will the ban happen? give her the measly 5 dollars for her ‘very creative’ scam, and send her away from the rest of us so it cannot happen again.

It is not the victims fault for being victimized, in any circumstance, it is the fault of people who allow it to happen to others and turn a blind eye based on some technicality. Myself, as an investor in this game take it seriously when the company that holds my investment refuses to take action against real crime, in the form of preventing proven scammers to continue scamming. That sounds like an operation that will be closed down for fraud, or bankrupted because people get fed up with it.

TrinketSoul said:
It is not the victims fault for being victimized, in any circumstance, it is the fault of people who allow it to happen to others and turn a blind eye based on some technicality.

For children upto 12 years or so this is true. But after that, people start having their own resposibility. As long there isnt any use of force, the first one that is responsible is the person that is victimized (apart from the offender ofcourse). Otherwise it would mean that everyone needs to be monitored at any moment. And as soon it looks like something bad is going to happen, the one monitoring is going to interfear. Thats pretty much a discription of a period of life we call childhood. And I am realy glad the world doesnt work like that.

Nutarix said:
1. Never trust anyone.

People get scammed ones, then they learn that a deal is final. I'v been scammed ones, back when the taiolers stopped selling black closhes. Some a$$ bought it from me, and sold it on auction with a nice markup.

That's not a scam. You sold the item. You should maybe have wondered why he would buy from you an item you thought he could buy from trade terminal... You probably assumed he was being dumb, when in fact, he was being smarter. If you had known tailors didn't sell black clothes anymore, you would have kept them or sold them at high price, right ? Information is power.

WoW :eek:

Think EF is divided...

Ok all i was trying to say is why cant they be banned..

I had a screen shot, showing the conversation, time, date, avatars FULL name and soc... Yet it wasn't enough.
And SURELY as this person has previously been reported they would have enough evidence to lock them.
BAN THE IP... its not that hard.
What they are doing is fraud. Plain and simple. The fact that she was scanning me first just proves that she is targeting noobs. Luckily I am NOT silly enough to believe it. Though it did cross my mind.

BUT wow this thread sure was an interesting read. Thanks for all your opinions. I can see where your all coming from.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Report a scammer. THEN post them on the forum. If MA wont help by banning them, maybe we can all do our part :)

gmccumskey said:
People don't seem to realise that like any government, MA cannot go around locking accounts and banning people just because you say they are a scammer. But try to imagine this in real life:

-------
Scammer: Hi there bud. Listen, I can take your car to the shop down the street and install a new kit for you to make it faster. Are you interested?

You: HELL YA. Here are the keys. Just bring it back before 9 cos I have a meeting to get to.

------

*2 Hours later walking into the police station*

The real life law is something like this:
You're right in one thing, it's not "stealing". The perpetrator does get posession of the item in a legal way. Though;

a) Someone who, according to an agreement (implicit or explicit) is obliged to return property, but "dedicates" the property to himself or in other way disregards his obligation to return the property, is gulity of embezzlement (förskingring).

b) If someone who is in a posession of an item but has limited ownership denies the legal owner his rights, he is guilty of unlawful posession (olovligt förfogande).

c) Someone who by being misleading persuades someone to perform or to not perform an action, and it is for the gain of the perpetrator and loss of the mislead is guilty of fraud (bedrägeri).

^^

Yes. Fraud. Plain and simple :)

Back