Many many ppl leaving, I tink sometihng should be done

I cant wait for the new owner to take over the Calypso and i hope that MA will give them some freedom to do what they want with it because it cant be worse then now.:rolleyes:

For that MA has done a good game to a disaster.

I cant wait for the new owner to take over the Calypso and i hope that MA will give them some freedom to do what they want with it because it cant be worse then now.:rolleyes:

For that MA has done a good game to a disaster.

FPC is doing the right thing. The problem IS MindArk. No matter who owns Calypso, MindArk is still going to fuck us over.

Why alot of people are leaving

The major problem of people leavig aside from most of ben coyote's reasoning is this. When MA took away content that people had paid for and worked for just so they could change a grafix platform with the promise it would be returned in 1 year and its past that year now, you tend to make people upset.and i understand the loot pools ae getting smaller due to smaller player base but there is a very large problem with that. the less loot that we gan from mobs or mining why are the globals/hofs/and ath getting bigger and alot more of them
everytme we see another large one go through the loot goes down a little more. Lets say maybe theyu remove the ath and cap a hof until the economy turns around.

I know that just pissed off people but hey im speaking my mind this time.

So in short here is how things should have been handled:

1. Instead of being so concerned with changing the grafics capability of the gam and losing content to do it MA/FPC should have been worried about building a better player base. then slowly change what you want changed and add new matterials slower. seems to me that with all the crashed systems and instability during and after these epic lots of new content how much player base goes down again. why hasnt the previously removed content been brought back like promised before bringing in new items.

this is how alot of people on here feel about it.

I agree to a point with alot of what ben coyote says but it is in no way all stuck on the players for the reasoning of the player base leaving.

Would also help alot if instead of telling us there was a problem with something we are working on it sry for the inconevience why not try explaining what has happened and what is being done to fix it. in a timely manner
every hour to 3 hour updates that say were working on heres a new time to try sry just pisses people off more.
This whole instability issue and everyone getting kicked off constantly and tp not working and mobs taken away should have been an immediate server down for maint while the re\solved the issues. i personally know at least a doz people that quit the game today and probably many more.

Can any player program the game better? I dare anyone to try.

The major problem of people leavig aside from most of ben coyote's reasoning is this. When MA took away content that people had paid for and worked for just so they could change a grafix platform with the promise it would be returned in 1 year and its past that year now, you tend to make people upset.and i understand the loot pools ae getting smaller due to smaller player base but there is a very large problem with that. the less loot that we gan from mobs or mining why are the globals/hofs/and ath getting bigger and alot more of them
everytme we see another large one go through the loot goes down a little more. Lets say maybe theyu remove the ath and cap a hof until the economy turns around.

I know that just pissed off people but hey im speaking my mind this time.

So in short here is how things should have been handled:

1. Instead of being so concerned with changing the grafics capability of the gam and losing content to do it MA/FPC should have been worried about building a better player base. then slowly change what you want changed and add new matterials slower. seems to me that with all the crashed systems and instability during and after these epic lots of new content how much player base goes down again. why hasnt the previously removed content been brought back like promised before bringing in new items.

this is how alot of people on here feel about it.

I agree to a point with alot of what ben coyote says but it is in no way all stuck on the players for the reasoning of the player base leaving.

Would also help alot if instead of telling us there was a problem with something we are working on it sry for the inconevience why not try explaining what has happened and what is being done to fix it. in a timely manner
every hour to 3 hour updates that say were working on heres a new time to try sry just pisses people off more.
This whole instability issue and everyone getting kicked off constantly and tp not working and mobs taken away should have been an immediate server down for maint while the re\solved the issues. i personally know at least a doz people that quit the game today and probably many more.

Thank you for that comment there Jake, but then I think that a lot of players don't realize one thing. What we got here is a number of programmers trying to work on the coding and to fix said stability issues, missing or slow spawning mobs, and even the issue of the tele-porters not working, and do so in a timely manner.

I was discussing with a friend of mine, who knows how to program for PHP. (Which is a programming language that helps build website design). Now here's the thing. A lot of the player base, just wants to play, and in fact they don't realize (or for that matter care about), that there are a set number of programmers, who are trying to program the game on what is called "A Live system".

Now what is a "live system" here you ask?

Well a live system is a active computer / server that has been running for a while, and these programmers, are trying to improve the game by letting the system run, and find out if there are any flaws in the game (Granted there are those issues we send in support cases for, as well as those we constantly complain about but never send in a support case for the issue). So they go in and investigate the issues and try out the details of what is said in the support cases or our complaints tha really go unheeded unless we send in a support case (And I can seee that A lot of folks fail to send in support cases). Then they (the programmers) go back over their coding and every time try to improve the issues so they won't happen again or they won't happen as much. And to do it on a live system is a lot harder than it looks then say nstalling an Operating system on a computer.

Of course with today's world, and the issues of time, who wants to sit down and read a book on how to fix an engine? So rather than sitting down, reading a book, and try to figure out what the problem is with their car, a lot of people take it to a technician to solve the problem for them.. and then they complain about the bill when the technician fixes the car correctly.

But I digress..

The problem here is that Jake is right in one aspect.. They're trying to troubleshoot 'on the fly' as it were, and every time an issue comes up, they have to investigate why it's happening, go back into their coding, correct it, and then develop a patch for it, and re-implement it..

And this is where the "Non-Tech savvy" (Which is in reality a lot of people) get angry. They don't realize that these programmers are trying their best, and that it does take time.

But then there are some of the player base that has this issue of "Well if it's broke MA will fix it!" Mentality. They feel that the programmers have screwed up some where, and they have it ingrained in their heads That everything should be fixed in one shot. rather than in a step by step process, (Which is in fact how a programmer thinks.)

Also I notce this goes back to what I said about Patience.. A lot of people want to play NOW. They want to get into the game thinking they're losing thousands of peds for every second MA or the programmers have the game offline, and when you read the notifications for updates (The Server will be down for two hous, etc), you think taht they will figure this problem out in just 2 hours.. and every thing will be hunky dorry..

It's interesting to note that my friend challenged me in something.. He gave me a couple of PHP program codes to decipher and he told me, "Tell me what this program does Ben". and so I sat there for the next 30 minutes figuring out what one code set was.. and I then told him, "This is some sort of database program, right? " He said, "You're close' and then explained to me, that it was a program to run different layers of different server types all on a website. In short it was a database but to a much larger program which connected to different layers in a series of server programs what would be used in the server.

Now then.. The thing is this.. It would be interesting to see someone from the programming department or someone who is definitely savvy in CryEngine 2 code, to show us some of this code or better yet, to explain what each sectionof code does. , and it doesn't even have to be for this MMORPG, it could be for a stand alone game, and he/she could say, "Try to figure this out." (I bet a loft of the playerbase can't.. they're not tech savvy enough.)

A lot of (Non-tech) savvy players would be scratching their heads, and saying "I don't know what this does!"

Correct.. You don't know what's going on, the programmers are trying to figure this out for you. and thus in turn make you happy to be playing this game.

Now think about this as well, The old game engine is a dead horse, and granted it's programming was probably a bit more simple than CryEngine 2 is.. About 50 times easier.. But hey folks wanted the functionality of the game, they wanted the graphics, they wanted th realism, they wanted things to work perfectly the first time, and they don't realize that programmers are human too..

But then these players who leave or threaten to leave, or complain a lot, don't realize that they fall into what I like to call 'The Monkey-Typewriter corollary' which basically states:

"That if you took an infinite number of monkeys, and an equally infinite number of typewriters, and given an infinite amount of time, eventually the infinite numbers of monkeys would be able to produce something on the infinite number of typewriters along the lines of either a sonnet or a play from William Shakespeare."

The thing is, is that they feel that a year is a reasonable time to program a game even with complex coding details liek what the Cryengine 2 has, yet I bet a lot of folks don't know that some games sit on the design board in gaming companies and are programmed sometimes 2 or 3 years in advance? And then they're tested,debugged, recoded, retested again, re-programmed' and then tested yet again..

Over and over ad nasuem.

And of course tis is before a game or ptogram is released to the market. But that is usually just a gmae you buy on the intenet or you buy from a store. Now on what is a 'Live system" which is constantly running except for times when it's brought down to either

1. Implement a new set of code into the game,
2. Maintenance, or
3. finding a problem with the code debugging it, then reimplementing it again.

And the only way the programmers know what's wrong is if we tell them what's wrong.. (Yes folks, we're the infinite number of monkeys.. and boy, are we a bunch of lazy monkeys!)

And really it doesn't matter if it's an Operating System that runs your computer or a simple game program.. It takes an very long time for the programmer to code, recode, debug, re-write (and re-check) code, test it, retest it, debug it again, over and over again, ad nausem.

(And I would further like to state for the record that at one time, I did programming of older more archaic languages.. Fortran, COBOL, Basic, Virtual Basic, Pascal and even C. and the last two were extremely hard for me at the time, and remember today's world of the internet is a thousand times more complicated than what it was some 10 or even 20 years ago).

But today's games are written in such complex coding and the programmers have to either be taught to do this, or have to learn 'on the fly' as were, and they have to not make mistakes, so that you the customer won't complain.

And in the end, like I said, Mistakes will creep in, and so some things that are fixed initially become broke, so they have to go in, and redesign the code again..and again and again.

And this, all takes (that infinite amount of) time. Rome wan't built in a say you know.

So in the end, I say this, I would like to throw out a challenge here, and this is for the "Programming illiterate' here.. Try to sit down, and program a game, or for that matter, a VCR, or a microwave. And think it out carefully and logically.. and then, once you've done that, try to implement it and see if it works. (And I can hear a lot of Programming Illiterates banging their heads against the wall... right... about... now...) :cdevil: :monkey:

For programming anything is a difficult task. It's a lot harder and more stressful task for these guys who are programming it 'on the fly', and then implementing it on of all things, a "Live system".

Personally, I don't want to put anymore stress on them. They deserve a break to figure things out, and to solve problems here, and not be "Bullied" by a bunch of folks who can't even program a VCR, or a microwave, let alone a computer game.

So my advice to those who want these problems fixed? Take a chill pill, relax, (have a burger, some fries, (or your favorite food.. Order out pizza, eat chinese food.) Or go do art, or write (heck right now while I'm writing this, I'm looking for reference picture ideas for a story I'm writing. I'm also playing around with a 3D program before I decide to buy it or not. I even am installing some programs that I want to have on my machine..)

But please let the programmers do their jobs, and let them have a llttle breating room, don't crowd them. Cause if you do, then all you'll do is really not have a worth while game,but a bunch of gibbering programmers who will sound just like monkeys. :monkey: (no offesnse to you programmers.. I'm behind you guys 110 %!, just take your time, and figure things out.. I'll be here for you when you get things fixed.)

so hey, chill out... and go talk sports, go talk politics, go do something. Just do it, and let the guys at the programming department be.

But the game will be back soon enough.. and believe me given enough time, and enough patience the game will become better.. and above all, learn to adapt and be patient. Because just like real life, this is a game you know, and the rules change daily. It's a known fact.

Okay I think I'm done, here.. Now then.. who wants to program a website? Any takers?

Benjamin "Ben" Coyote.

ben is right be patience. (tought sum your big piece of text into a few words)

FPC is doing the right thing. The problem IS MindArk. No matter who owns Calypso, MindArk is still going to fuck us over.

Please..... ---> i hope that MA will give them some freedom to do what they want with it because it cant be worse then now.

Well Ben, some wise words spoken, but ...

Other MMO coders, run a testserver!
All those bugs (that apear with every new VU), could be seen easyly on the testserver, bevor the main program gets its update.

I would really prefer waiting a week or two more untill an update goes online, bevor beeing a betatester.

Well I have been betatester in some games, and also was in Alphatests, but then I did know that this programms will be full of bugs, content needs to be removed, overworked , corrected every here and than.

Once a programm gets published as a "Gold" version, then it should be nearly bugfree (totally bugfree is close to impossible). If this "Gold" version gets an update later, it is necessary that every update is tested several days on such a betaserver, where betatesters, surely will find all those anoying bugs. Once the betatesters, don´t find more serious bugs, you can implement the tested update into "Gold" version.

Now look at some investors:
Some paid many PED to get a LA, and even more PED to get nice DNA for the LAs.
Now every second VU the mobs vanish, don´t respawn.
Investors feel pissed, because their investment doesn´t pay for several days untill this bug gets fixed, and with every second VU the same bug gets reimplemented.

other reasons why people leave or cut their deposits:

Bad support, and very bad customer support:
People bought some shops for several thousand PED, some years back (Feb 2007 exactly!).
The shops where bugged (missing itempoints, minor bug imho, could be fixed within a few days!)
After 6 month waiting for a bugfix, MA took back the shopdeeds and refunded the money paid for these shops, with the promise you can buy it back at same price as soon, they managed to fix these bugs.
3 years later (2010), these shops have been deleted completely (together with the Deer cave and Thorkells tomb).
Deer Building received transformation into Deer Mall, and those shopowners (that have waited 3 years t oget what they originally bought), got the option to buy a Deer Mall Shop at the same price they once bought a Thorkells Tomb Shop.
As soon, they get their Deeds (after depositing the money to buy back the shops), they had to notice that fee on the shops is 10 times what it has been on the original shops. Complaining at support was bashed by support.
Keep it with expencive fee, or give it back and get your money buck, but no way to lower fee to former 8-10 PED / month.
Those investors feel pissed! Maybe reason for leaving. (in my case, just reason to decrease deposits, I am still around!).

Balancing issues, availability of items:
Its impossible to loot a complete armorset within a reasonable timeframe.
Its impossible to loot old style ultra eco weapons.
Its impossible to loot ultra eco FAP (Mod/Imp).

Useless Skills:
Proffession Miner:
max Level needed 61 (VRX3000 maxed out!).
Proffession Hunter:
Many Hunters skilled a lot to reach LVL100 to be able to use old style weapons, especially for PK and some events.
Now we have to notice that a LVL85 hunter with a high tir XT, can easyly outdamage every weapon that requires LVL100 to be used efficent.

Skillnerfs, impossibillity to get to old stylers levels:
Its much harder to skill these days, all older players that already gained skills pre nerf are blessed.
Look at colorers: Only one colorer got the level for black, and thats from times where you could color boxes without decay (impossible today). Nobody managed to reach this level!

There are many other reasons, why people don´t like EU anymore, but these examples should tell you a little about the real reasons why people leave.

Ben,

Things are indeed tough for programmers, believe I know... It's a stressfull job, and you (the programmer) rarelly get any credit for it...

Even so, some things have no excuse, no matter how you look at it... I work in production automation (and all IT support systems attached), and we do need to do many "live" or "on-the-fly" changes... And we're mostly terrified of it... Even so, errors are not common. Poor us if they were, we would be out of work really fast... Try to stop a factory for 5 minutes and you'll see how much they loose (and how much they pressure you), take alone 1 day... What we do is, whenever possible, run simulations and try to predict possible problems before we put it in production... With a game that should be even easier... I know that with RCE, the so called testservers cannot be opened public as it would give unfair advantage to the testers, but it should be run internally.

I certainly can immagine how hard and complex is to programm such a system, and notice that I admit that some changes must be done fast and furious, and time for testing is limited, but that cannot, that must not be true for a new release...

I'm a gamer, so I dont care that much if EU is down for 1 day, I dont have investments... But some people do have investements and need... No, they deserve better support and a lot more care on new releases. I've been playing in and out for a long time, and I'm one of the true believers in PE (and now EU platform), but this release problems, allied with terrible balancing (okok, i just dont know how to play) and bad support, makes me a bit worried. Things will improve, but enough of patting in the back... Besides is good to have a place to let the steam out. Its either post some rant or punch my table, and the last hurts more ;)

There's always something to do.. it's just that spending peds in the game is more fun.. the bigger mob, the big amp, the higher level BP.. I guess in RL things get boring also.. what do you do then.. quit RL.. or wait until sunshine after the rain.. :)

Yea i'm not gonna play the penny slots everyday for 2 years and still be interested.

Things will improve

My EU live is 4 years now!
First year was good, had visions of future development, and plans how to invest into EU to make it really enoyable for me.
Then one shit after another happened, and all promises made by MA (Marco), only empty words. Nothing improved.

As said 4 years now and nothing improved!
With CE2 my hope was that things get better, and bugs become less, but failed.
Content removed, same bugs, same shit, same empty words.

Please show me where things improve, and I don´t speak of GFX, can´t care less about GFX that forces me to upgrade my PC to be able to log in again after VU10.

Although I like nice grafix too, it isn´t what makes me a game play.
When I started EU it was the challange to survive with low to no deposits, and a plan to invest into things that may help with that.
Now I am at a point, where I do only low end things.
No more risky business for me, no more investment into EU.
MA fucks up every businessidea, sooner or later!

Let me throw in some wise words instead of writing 10 pages of bladiebla on coding:

MA/FPC uses its community as Beta-testers from the start of their project, that's why VUs aren't properly tested.

This community is getting to small to fund MA/FPCs ambitious plans without squeezing it dry.

MA/FPC has shot itself in the footh with this last VU. They finally had it going, decend VUs, almost bug free, low loss of performance, short update times. But the major part of this small community are oldtimers that know how VUs were implemented badly over and over again in the past. This VU has brought back many memories and much frustration from the past which only had been covered underneath a thin layer of positivity.

That's all there is to it.
And MA/FPC will never learn...

Please show me where things improve (...)

As things stand I'm just as disapointed as you are, mate. And worried, to be honest...

I've just recently returned after a very long break, and I have put a *few* hundred bucks in... So I have to keep some optimism, even if I have to push it in my throught, so that I can keep my sanity ;)

It's normal that things don't improve...

there is NO advertizing...
no incread in players...
MA needs money so they squeeze the player base dry...

MA has gone off to the completely wrong business model.

Instead of making revenue with one game by increasing player numbers. They start to sell a concept and an idea to other planet partners. What they don't realize is that this only alienates the original concept.

MA are NOT software makers and offerers of a great "platform" for gamers. Hell they can't even get their own game working properly...

Quite honnestly I do not know who has shit into MAs head ... The Managers leading this company have no concept whatsoever about gaming.... NONE...

What makes me cry every time is that PE and this RCE concept is effing brilliant but these Muppets just totally scew it up ... it's a dormant giant and as I said before, the day a gaming platform comes along and realizes what potential lies in this concept, MA is ufeckd big time...

Background: I'm a fairly new player - honestly, started playing when CP was sold and I read the article on some gaming news site. I'm a fairly hardcore WoW raider but still had too much time on my hands (before I found a job.. actually at said job right now just slow day).

I admit at first I started playing because maybe I could get lucky. I could tell there were tons of new players, who probably thought the same thing. Even when I got to Neas, compared to today... There were so many newbies that nobody knew how to stand close to sweat efficiently or understand that it was more efficient. Today, every time I go out to sweat, everybody huddles close and knows what they're doing - I think that's almost hard proof there are less and less new players. There used to be so many players you could barely squeeze yourself a space to aim your sweat gun at the mob and get a clear shot and I haven't had a problem in the last few weeks I came back to start playing again.

Maybe some people will just think I am an ignorant newbie, if so you can just skip the rest. However for players who wonder what really made the difference for me - When I was at swamp camp, someone simply gave me a piece of gear (butch butch carisbrook i think if I remember his name correctly) He said he had just looted it - it was just a broken down piece of pixie armor (f). He then suggested a society to me (global alliance).

To this day, those two things he did are probably the reason why I am still able to keep logging into this game. In the last 10-11 months, I've played on/off quite often, deposited 20 dollars, spent tons of time sweating, but also got to experience all aspects of the game (some will say this is unwise but I think burning the curiosity in myself was worth it). I'm lvl 4 rifle, 3 surveyor, 2 prospector, and burned maybe 100ped experimenting with manufacturing.

The society itself is incredibly friendly. There are always answers to all the questions, even back when I grilled people for the mathematical equation to mining (when I thought there HAD to be one). When I need to sell some ME to make some PED someone in soc is always willing to buy within a few days. Most new players likely quit before they can get to know any society, can't find anyone to buy their (anything), and have nobody to talk to to plan their short or long-term future in the game.

As a sweat gatherer, of course I wish MA would do something to make the sweat price go back up a little, but let's be honest to myself, I've had plenty of fun in this game for depo'ing 20 dollars. I still have an on-going flow of 50-100PED to work with at all times as long as I sweat here and there just to make up for the -5 to -20% TT return (based on luck of course).

If I had more time/money and could afford a vehicle - I would likely spend some time taking people to Neas from Swamp Camp (some people do this already). For people who can afford to do so, and want to see people stay in the game, this is something I actually suggest doing. I saw someone (OED?) do so, and the new player was so happy, and he was back the next day and the next, I think I see him every day and he's always excited about how much sweat he has and being able to get a weapon soon, etc.

Long story short - older players can make a difference on the playerbase too, not just MA! ...of course maybe different story for the people arguing that older players are leaving - sorry I don't have any solution for that =P... Just noticed so many people mentioning the influx of players was too low and try to tell the community what worked for (or on) me. I think I'll keep playing unless %TT return for me becomes so bad that I actually run out of money to do 50 probe runs... Definitely a miner at heart here.

Sorry if this was too long and convoluted!

Last edited:
I was discussing with a friend of mine, who knows how to program for PHP. (Which is a programming language that helps build website design). Now here's the thing. A lot of the player base, just wants to play, and in fact they don't realize (or for that matter care about), that there are a set number of programmers, who are trying to program the game on what is called "A Live system".

You're wrong. Cryengine2 is no 'live system'

And this is where the "Non-Tech savvy" (Which is in reality a lot of people) get angry.

The savvys a little pissed of too at this point for waisting their time and saying a bunch of bs.

Now then.. The thing is this.. It would be interesting to see someone from the programming department or someone who is definitely savvy in CryEngine 2 code, to show us some of this code or better yet, to explain what each sectionof code does. , and it doesn't even have to be for this MMORPG, it could be for a stand alone game, and he/she could say, "Try to figure this out." (I bet a loft of the playerbase can't.. they're not tech savvy enough.)

Sure, they have ample time for that.

A lot of (Non-tech) savvy players would be scratching their heads, and saying "I don't know what this does!"

Correct.. You don't know what's going on, the programmers are trying to figure this out for you. and thus in turn make you happy to be playing this game.

Now think about this as well, The old game engine is a dead horse, and granted it's programming was probably a bit more simple than CryEngine 2 is.. About 50 times easier.. But hey folks wanted the functionality of the game, they wanted the graphics, they wanted th realism, they wanted things to work perfectly the first time, and they don't realize that programmers are human too..

But then these players who leave or threaten to leave, or complain a lot, don't realize that they fall into what I like to call 'The Monkey-Typewriter corollary' which basically states:

The thing is, is that they feel that a year is a reasonable time to program a game even with complex coding details liek what the Cryengine 2 has, yet I bet a lot of folks don't know that some games sit on the design board in gaming companies and are programmed sometimes 2 or 3 years in advance? And then they're tested,debugged, recoded, retested again, re-programmed' and then tested yet again..

Over and over ad nasuem.

And of course tis is before a game or ptogram is released to the market. But that is usually just a gmae you buy on the intenet or you buy from a store. Now on what is a 'Live system" which is constantly running except for times when it's brought down to either

1. Implement a new set of code into the game,
2. Maintenance, or
3. finding a problem with the code debugging it, then reimplementing it again.

And the only way the programmers know what's wrong is if we tell them what's wrong.. (Yes folks, we're the infinite number of monkeys.. and boy, are we a bunch of lazy monkeys!)

And really it doesn't matter if it's an Operating System that runs your computer or a simple game program.. It takes an very long time for the programmer to code, recode, debug, re-write (and re-check) code, test it, retest it, debug it again, over and over again, ad nausem.

Dude, honestly? Did you ever gave it much thought? Or did you just typed in the first thing that came to your mind, and never bothered reading it again? And please don't use words like 'ad nausem' they're not working for you.

(And I would further like to state for the record that at one time, I did programming of older more archaic languages.. Fortran, COBOL, Basic, Virtual Basic, Pascal and even C. and the last two were extremely hard for me at the time, and remember today's world of the internet is a thousand times more complicated than what it was some 10 or even 20 years ago).

Really? I actually studied computer science and I seriously doubt that.

Ben, no hard feelings. I left out large quanties of your text that made absolutely no sense what so ever including my harsh but funny responses. But I don't want to be mean. But please don't pretend to know about stuff when you really don't.

Last edited:

no incread in players...

Instead of making revenue with one game by increasing player numbers. They start to sell a concept and an idea to other planet partners. What they don't realize is that this only alienates the original concept.

MA are NOT software makers and offerers of a great "platform" for gamers. Hell they can't even get their own game working properly...

Quite honnestly I do not know who has shit into MAs head ... The Managers leading this company have no concept whatsoever about gaming.... NONE...

What makes me cry every time is that PE and this RCE concept is effing brilliant but these Muppets just totally scew it up ... it's a dormant giant and as I said before, the day a gaming platform comes along and realizes what potential lies in this concept, MA is ufeckd big time...

Patience ..... new owner is on the way they might know better how to run a game.:yay::yay::yay:

idk about all those who depo, it's the ones who can't depo but like the realm but get real aggravated sweating that i have seen leaving... as i did 4 yrs ago.

but i do like this realm, especially since back then vehicles were just a suggestion. so ye there are things being done to try to keep ppl in realm and not leave imho.

no incread in players...

Thank u now lets figure out how to tell MA this

Patience ..... new owner is on the way they might know better how to run a game.:yay::yay::yay:

That is what I see eventually happening. MA will run things into the ground and devalue the company to the point where it may be a good investment for a larger, healthier corporation. Of course, there would be both positive and negative aspects to this....can you imagine if Blizzard bought MA? :eyecrazy:

That is what I see eventually happening. MA will run things into the ground and devalue the company to the point where it may be a good investment for a larger, healthier corporation. Of course, there would be both positive and negative aspects to this....can you imagine if Blizzard bought MA? :eyecrazy:

that would be very interesting if Blizzard bought MA, they would probably turn this into Starcraft mmo :) Player population would skyrocket :yay:

I don't know about many people leaving, seems too many online at the moment, way too much lag!

All your depo's are belong to me! :yay:

Oh wait :scratch2: all my depo's dissapear within minutes and go to someone else :cry:

I don't know about many people leaving, seems too many online at the moment, way too much lag!

yup i avoid some cities because of it.

i think people have left eu. they always do but i think many are back and there are alot of new faces at the moment. only time will tell.

kosmos

yup i avoid some cities because of it.

i think people have left eu. they always do but i think many are back and there are alot of new faces at the moment. only time will tell.

kosmos

Agreed on this. I recently returned and was happy to see many people on my friends list still playing. Not to mention, last time I logged in there were relatively few new players and now we are bursting at the seams with them. I would definitely not say many are leaving right now. Quite the opposite actually.

The reason why i play a lot less now is simple:
trend.JPG

the line is much to stright down ... there have to be some good runs to keep the fun

The reason why i play a lot less now is simple:
trend.JPG

the line is much to stright down ... there have to be some good runs to keep the fun

is that a graph of returns

is that a graph of returns

It's budget - starting at 0 and adding return ... or substracting loss would fit better

Everything gets boring after a while for most people, even billionaires, why do you think that a guy like Steve Fosset trying to set world records by flying with a balloon around the world or sail around the world? Against boredom! But not everyone has some billions on the side to do that.

That is why we play EU and complain we cannot to buy uber stuff.

But cannot afford to 'play'?
If you have a PC that can run EU, you CAN afford to play, maybe you can't go kill Dasp Stalker solo, but you won't be out of missions you can do with your gear any budget soon.

I understand that ppl don't want to deposit 20$ a month, but not many can't afford to depo 20$ a month. Smoke a couple of cigarettes less of drink a beer less a week and there you have your 20$ for hours of EU playtime doing your 10000 daiki mission with your opalo.

Ma should work on retention on all levels. I think recently they have tried a bit of help for new player experience.

Btw i have a question why do people type walls of text? i tend to skim or skip those posts. maybe the internet has made me lazy or i don't come here to read a novel.

kosmos

They forget the value of paragraphs to seperate ideas and make it easy to read. I had to skip them too, my screwy eyes just can't handle that. Just thinking about reading it gives me a headache.

I feel for ppl like Trance who haven't been able to do their work for a year, that must be horrible.

I've returned frm 3 and half months break, I'd chipped out 25K towards leaving but I'm giving it another try. Will try and play more eco but it seems no matter what I do the loot is still a joke. I know where I'd like to stuff all those damned blazars.

But yes, I realise I can do some things differently in my approach and I have to because I don't have deep pockets. Going to be more patient, less ambitious and play less overall. I should spend more time on other worthwhile pursuits and now due to rl changes in circumstances I can do this.

I've definately had to rethink and find some balance, because that "maybe next time, maybe next time", mentality is NOT working for me AT ALL. Anyway time will tell... But I think something more realistic, fairer and encouraging should be done in regards to loot, lack there of.

Back