Medusa: the new swunting heaven!

Swing

Provider
Society
WildD3amons Academy
Lilly Swing Mirtyl
Since the first day sweating got introduced ive been a big fan of swunting. As many of you know Swunting is a combined word and means first sweat a mob (until its dry) and after that hunt (or kill) it. The biggest reason why to do is a pure question of eco. If the mob doesnt loot anything at all, you have at least the sweat you can sell!

As most people ive been at swamp camp, then moved up to nea's place. Its all great for starters but nea's has it usual problems. People not standing in a circle to contain the ambulimaxes in place, lately mobtrains and so on.
For some time ive been solo swunting, and mainly birdies... I always swunted those at cape corinth, until now!

When i teleported for the first time to medusa i quickly found out this place was gonna be my prime swunting place. And ive been swunting since 13 december till now and logging everything i sweated, hunted and looted!

This is not only going to be proof that swunting is profitable, but also show how this could be a better place to swunt then nea's for the solo swunters!

Why is medusa a better place to swunt

First of all the place is infested with birdies, both gibnib and Chirpy. They are not the most exciting mob but who cares. They dont agro at all, they can just run away sometimes... until they hit a wall or a rock ;) The walls around medusa are perfect for that, you can trap the mobs both inside and outside the walls.

High maturity

Chirpy and Gibnib are found in high maturity: provider to stalker
This means lots and lots of sweat in them + a chance to loot nice!

Now how much sweat can you get from a single mob?

Provider 40
Guardian 50
Dominant 50
Alpha 60
Old Alpha 70
Prowler 80
Stalker 90

This is pretty high, imagine you can sweat non stop without interuption (not talking about the occasional Hiryuu) at these rates. Well dont do the math, i get higher sweat/hour then at nea's place!

Is it profitable?

Yes it is! I tracked my swunting for almost a month of swunting.

Ive swunted 392 birdies, 256 gibnibs, 136 chirpys.

I got a total of 24,650 sweats over a period of 19 days ive swunted.

The percentage of looters was 45.15%
The percentage of no looters was 54.85%

The sweat was sold to sweatsupporters. They paid me between 4 and 5 ped per 1000 sweat

Ive sold my sweat in batches of 1000 to 4000 at a time.

Ive got a total of 107.05 ped for 24,650 sweats or an average price of 4.34 ped/k

Killing the 392 mobs took me 4,712 shots and costed me (repair and ammo included) 95.18 ped (i use opalo)

Yes you see that right selling the sweat alone made me a small profit (107.05 - 95.18 = 11.87 ped)

Not everybody finds or tries to find sweatsupporters, true, but keep looking for them since its realy worth it!

now what loot did i get!

Well ive looted 155.50 ped of loot!

top 10 best loots:

Gibnib Alpha 35,97
Gibnib Alpha 16,88
Gibnib Stalker 13,61
Gibnib Stalker 11,34
Gibnib Prowler 8,67
Gibnib Alpha 8,16
Gibnib Old Alpha 3,38
Gibnib Prowler 3,32
Gibnib Alpha 2,45

Looted 2 cb5's from chirpy btw :)

Conclusion

All thrown together ive made a 175% profit by swunting or a total of 167.37 ped and this is purely sweat sold and loot at tt value.
For all the solo swunters out there, go to medusa and try it!

For the disbelievers, this is not my first log, never shared it publicly, but all of them were profitable ;)
My best at cape corinth was 100 ped profit over a month of sweating, so you can also do it with small maturity birdies.

Havent tried any other mobs yet, maybe a new project for the near future ;)

Before i stop a big gratz to the medusa winners, make this place great!
I would also like to thank suu, lazz, blackjack and vin for supporting me by buying sweat at better prices ;)

Thanks for reading,

Lilly

Last edited:
Nice :) would be cool if there was another place except Nea's and Swamp Camp where massive Swunting happen! Go go :)

interesting... now if those blasted birds just didn't run away as much.

That's just the great thing, we all find fun in different ways. I'm glad you can profit from your fun, as many of us can! :)

May you continue to find enjoyment in what you do! ;)

Some times it's best to keep things like this for yourself. Giving a how-to guide about profiting when it involves things like trapped mobs is almost a sure fire way to get MA to change it in the near future...

there are other ways to sweat it, but letting it run till its hitting a wall or a rock is the easiest, but its not trapped, it can and will run away if you get too close

A good post and a good read but I must nitpick.

Ive got a total of 107.05 ped for 24,650 sweats or an average price of 4.34 ped/k
Well ive looted 155.50 ped of loot!
All thrown together ive made a 175% profit by swunting or a total of 167.37 ped and this is purely tt value, i didnt count any markup at all ;)

The red fragments contradict each other - the 107.05 peds for sweat is purely markup, in TT it would be 24.65 pecs.

thats completely correct ;) what i meant was i didnt count any markup from the loot i got from the mobs.

Ive changed the orginal post thanks for pointing that out

Nice theory, but I guess the new landowners are not going to keep the birdies.. (low profit on taxes)
+ sweating is very boring, takes a lot of time and has a low price.. Don't think you're going to find a lot of people joining you..

+ Medusa's head got some bigger mobs too.. Hiryuu's for example.

So.. I think it's not going to happen.:wise:

This is a very interesting thread. I used to love swunting and sweating oh yeah.

OP is right there is not many place on calypso where you will find Gibnib & Chirpy Stalkers (a non aggressive mob) except on the Medusa Islands. Rest assured that not all natural spawns will be removed we will keep some for sure :), as to where though is another matter.

Nice to see you found something you enjoy doing. Some vets helped me with generous sweat buy rates when I first started and it was really cool of them to do so however - your basing the profitability of this activity on an inflated value. More than double what anyone else can realistically expect to sell it at.

Either way hope you continue having fun with the birdies :)

+rep

rep to you, because dear god If only I had the patience to swunt birds for 19 days! U deserve any profit you get. gratz on that and thank for the report

Nice to see you found something you enjoy doing. Some vets helped me with generous sweat buy rates when I first started and it was really cool of them to do so however - your basing the profitability of this activity on an inflated value. More than double what anyone else can realistically expect to sell it at.

Gotta agree with ^^^^.... sweating even if it helps balance out hunting is sooooo boring. Id say its an option for those who do 10-20 ped hunts on things.... but if your hunting with 100ped... that will be one looooong hunt... and since I personally dont find any enjoyment in it... I wont use it to make myself $0.50 an hour.

Now of course if you enjoy it power to you man...

At the same time though your doing better off because your finding people who are paying about 2x more then what sweat is actually worth.. in some sense a form of welfare or charity....

Aside from that, I say keep going at it though, your happy it appears and your ahead from where you started so power to you, keep it up until it no longer entertains you.

Ah finally Qetesh can be rid of all the damn swunters at Nea's.. oh.. wait.. :eyecrazy:

The better price i get just added to the profit.

I made a new calculation, one with sweat at the lowest price atm wich is 2 ped/k

Then i still got 109.62 total profit.

total sweatvalue would be 49.30 ped then, compared to a cost to kill the birdies of 95.18 So true purely on sweat it cant cover the cost in this case.

If you cant find a sweatsupporter u can still make mindessence from this and still make 2.4 ped for your sweats per k (all costs of making mindessence included)

Gotta agree with ^^^^.... sweating even if it helps balance out hunting is sooooo boring. Id say its an option for those who do 10-20 ped hunts on things.... but if your hunting with 100ped... that will be one looooong hunt... and since I personally dont find any enjoyment in it... I wont use it to make myself $0.50 an hour.

Now of course if you enjoy it power to you man...

At the same time though your doing better off because your finding people who are paying about 2x more then what sweat is actually worth.. in some sense a form of welfare or charity....

Aside from that, I say keep going at it though, your happy it appears and your ahead from where you started so power to you, keep it up until it no longer entertains you.

True it can be boring, but to be honest i never just do swunting... im usualy watching a movie, reading a book or do some stuff on internet while waiting for it to be dry ;)

Good use of my dual screen setup :)

Oh and i also kill the sound, otherwise you go mental after 3 sweated birdies.

Its just a way to make you peds last longer with small deposits, and even a way to play this game without having to deposit.

I do have to say swunting is bad during events. I saw a big drop in lootvalue during merry mayhem, a very big drop!

Can I ask OP which island you swunt on? I am guessing you will say either Enyo & Deino islands.

Ahhh sweating, what happend to days when I....

ah wait, I remember. I started mining :yay: and never looked back.

I used to support the sweaters thought, but that was in the days when I used to TP. Those are gone too since I got my hands on a VTOL.

Maybe MA/FPC should introduce dirt on vehicles :)

'Can I wash your windows, sir?'

Im impressed of ur effort with the sweating Lilly :)
And thx for sharing m8 :)
About my suport in buying ur sweat, i do that to my soc family members as a one time offer and then i pay more then the market is atm.

U show dedication and that should be rewarded imo :)
So +rep m8
Keep up the good work our PF Champion :D
Regards

When I was trying to 'cap' my sweating skills way back when...all I would sweat was chirpys at Atlas Haven West. I loved their 1pt crit hits! lol!

Can I ask OP which island you swunt on? I am guessing you will say either Enyo & Deino islands.

I stick around the fortress for now, didnt explore the other islands yet for birdies, i did sweat at the old revival until they moved it.

let me guess you were put upto this to try drive all the population from neas to Medusa ;)

Some times it's best to keep things like this for yourself. Giving a how-to guide about profiting when it involves things like trapped mobs is almost a sure fire way to get MA to change it in the near future...

I would doubt MA would change this. It's always been possible, now it's just easier. The profits from swunting are usually from the sweat, not the TT. This person made some TT profit as a result of some lucky runs. Not to mention the profit margins here are so small it doesn't really effect MA.

let me guess you were put upto this to try drive all the population from neas to Medusa ;)

make nea's pvp and the sweatters are gone in seconds.. much easier

No not realy, medusa is more like a solo swunting heaven. So its a perfect alternative for people that get fed up with neas or other places ;)

Today I went to Medusa Head to check out the new sweating heaven based on this thread.
.Initially i was trying to sweat in open space ....but soon got frustrated ....the mobs (both chirpy and Gnib) ran away with every single attempt... and not a single success. I was really very frustrated and angry ....and thought the whole thing was misleading....But I reread the OP and found the clue....one has to trap the mobs.... So I went back found a chirpy, chased it to a corner, and ...happy sweating without any more interruption. I sweated the chirpy provider to dry and got 40 sweat......here is the pic of the trappped Chirpy provider, and all the sweat I've gathered from it!

And here is a Dominant trapped at the same place

Medusa Head will sure to become a new sweating heaven as long as these mobs are here, and MA doesn't mind in sweating a trapped mob

Last edited:
Today I went to Medusa Head to check out the new sweating heaven based on this thread.
.Initially i was trying to sweat in open space ....but soon got frustrated ....the mobs (both chirpy and Gnib) ran away with every single attempt an not a single success. I was really very frustrated and angry ....and thought the whole thing was misleading....But I reread the OP and found the clue....one has to trap the mobs.... So I went back found a chirpy, chased it to a corner, and ...happy sweating without any more interruption. I sweated the mobs to dry and got 40 sweat......here is the pic of the trappped Chirpy provider, and all the sweat I've gathered from it!

Medusa Head will sure to become a new sweating heaven as long as these mobs are here, and MA doesn't mind in sweating a trapped mob

Belay my last, did not realize the method was trapping mobs to sweat them. This will probably be viewed as an exploit and removed.

Back