Merging melee professions / skills

Status
Multi purpose weapons would be a fine edition to entropia, hasnt really been done yet.
A melee weapon that is also a carbine? Sweet :D & that staff from Stargate is badass.

I do have to admit, I do like the idea that they are now asking our opinions before doing something major like merging skill groups and such. If alot (not all) of things were done in this manner you guys would have a much more happy player base. So :thumbup: for the new MA vs. Player communications.

-Bemo-

Reactions: das
Two reasons:

1) Easier to manage item progression with fewer categories to maintain.

2) Players can use more of the items they find rather than selling them on the auction.

1. I think there's an issue with the Item Maintainance system, rather than with the profession itself.

2. This can be done by upping the demand for skills, but if you merge the 2 skills there will be too much of one, so people will start TTing stuff instead of using it.

I don't think I like the idea. :S

I dont think I like this... we need to keep some variety in the game... Mining is too EASY the way it is now... was more interesting back then :)

Sword+Knife: I can't see the point in merging them. What I have in that area is mainly my determination (longblade) and that's what I've been skilling - I think it's pretty much the same for everyone. As for using the weapons you loot; I can't really say that I've looted that many shorblades at all...
From another perspective: Knife has been used to skill more towards agility, and longblades more towards strength. (Well, think about it: Fast attack knife vs sword with big devastating hits where one hit can separate head from body).

Only reason where I could see it would be an advantage for me would be if I (having longblade skills today) would loot something like dagger of doom/dagger of disapair (which won't happen). Almost a year ago I bought a clericdagger 3c for some testing, but just getting improved shortblade skills won't make me able to hunt spiders with it...

So for knife/sword (LB/SB) I can't find any good reason to merge it.

As for clubs it's the other way: I haven't figured out yet the difference between two-handed clubs or one-handed clubs, it seems like at least all current clubs are held in one hand anyway. Maybe it's more a question of technique: If you're strong you can hold a club in one hand, if you're not so strong you hold the club with two hands. Same weapon, just two different ways to use it. So I think it would make it easier to just have "clubs". Isn't it also same skills for one-handed and two-handed? Well, it's just a thought. I do realize there is a difference between a rocktropia "nightstick" and that huge thorifoid club, but both of those are on different ends of the spectrum - most clubs ingame are somewhere in between. And then the "spires" (given out as event prizes) which also are totally different.

how about a new type of weapon... the laser swords already have a heck of a powerful light source in them... amplify it so that it uses weapon cells... so no more changing to sword when mob come up close, just shoot em with your sword and make it so that when they get to within reaching distance you just keep start swinging it like a melee weapon.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_weapon

250px-Staffweapon.jpg

Give us staff weapons!!!

Give us staff weapons!!!

Aren't most of those staff weapons more like laser weapons than melee weapons? Or bothways?

Some weapon like that would be designed to deal "laser" type damage on long range (using ammo+some decay), and on short range taking all dmg from decay/being a melee weapon. Maybe also as an area weapon as a third way of attack (I see in front of me something like an Ori priest holding the staf in front of him, and devatating an entire planet with a wave of radiation/energy by putting one of the ends of the staff onto the ground).

As the title suggests I've been thinking about merging one/two handed clubber to a single profession and skill. The same goes for longblades and shortblades.

Is this something you would like or not?

I spent alot of time skilling both professions. I would not like any merger of these.....

I spent alot of time skilling both professions. I would not like any merger of these.....

it is my understanding that nothing would be lost though :) (you have 1000 peds TT worth LB you have 200 peds worth of SB you know how 1200 peds worth of Melee/knife skill)

u would keep all your skills :)

can you explain why you wouldnt like this?

What a bulls ¤%%.. It does not matter what we think, you are doing anyway as you want, and if you want to know what we players wants just read a little of this forum, you would get many questions answered.

So this by asking the people now after 10 years, what is the meaning of this will still not lead to anything.
You have your agenda and you dont care about anything else, so to ask os is to use it like a phrase as you use "balance" and " dynamic".

I bet that if 100 people had said no, and 1 had said yes you would have interpreted as that the people want it.

Reactions: Lee
A unanimous decision from us merging of clubs, leave LB and SB well alone.
So get to work Kim, I want to try those new PF's your working on asap :D

Er no. Not unanimous at all.

Joker said:
it is my understanding that nothing would be lost though (you have 1000 peds TT worth LB you have 200 peds worth of SB you know how 1200 peds worth of Melee/knife skill)

Not sure where you get your understanding from. I don't think Kim has discussed how the merge would work.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

I would merge clubs and leave long and shortblades separated.

The only significant skill difference (more than 1%) in the two clubs professions is 7% light (or heavy) melee weapons in the (hit) profession. I would do one of the following with that:

A. Use heavy melee weapons for clubs. Then there will be three professions that use light melee, and two that use heavy.
B. Merge light and heavy melee weapons skills together (summed tt values of course), so that all melee hit professions use this one skill called 'melee weapons'. This will give a partial merge to the (hit) professions of long and shortblades, for example.

Between A and B, I'm not sure which I like better. I guess it depends on what the future holds for melee weapons; if the future looks similar to the present, I'd do B. If the future looks more diversified, I'd choose A.

Of course, I've not yet unlocked Martial Arts, so my opinion is more from a structural perspective and less from a grinder's or market watcher's perspective.

I like your approach of asking the (experienced) community for their input on some of these platform issues.

N.

I think Noodle's Option B here is the best choice in my oppinion, merging heavy and light melee weapon skills should be done, and shouldn't affect shortblades/longblades too much. Clubs needs to be merged as there's hardly any of them in game, but there's already enough of each longblade/shortblade (at least in different ones, maybe not enough of each in game though :p)

Er no. Not unanimous at all.
I suggest you read back through each page to gauge the concensus from the community.
As these are not my own words for those who agree to the merge, thanks KijkkiJikki.

Last edited:
Merging the clubs sounds ok to me. Never understood why there had to be a difference anyways as I think they both lvl up around the same time. As long as our total skillpoints stay intact.

Merging shortblade/longblade doesn't sound cool to me as it's always been different skills and that's what we skilled for. If it's merged as well I'd not like it if the total skillpoints got affected by that.

So I would say clubs yes, blades no.

I'd go along with Oleg, Manique and others.

getting rid of redundancy, such as only having one type of weapon cell is an improvement and welcome. :)

Merging Clubs, Yes. Merging Longblades/Shortblades, No.

If it´s really necessary to merge skills then, as Noodles suggest: "Merge light and heavy melee weapons skills together (summed tt values of course), so that all melee hit professions use this one skill called 'melee weapons'. This will give a partial merge to the (hit) professions of long and shortblades, for example."

Last edited:
Yeah I think merging some of the melee stuff would be good. I guess the variety might be a bit confusing to newcomers. Then again I can say that easy since I am not too involved in melee. :p

I don't mind as long as the skills are added together. As said before, if I have X amount of Longblades and Y amount of short blades skill, then the new skill should be X+Y = Z.
If skills are lost then compensation at MU will be needed.

Cheers
Bjorn

1 and 2 handed clubber being merged would be fine since there are only a handful of clubs. I think short and longblade should stay separate.

I say go for it. And while you're at it, please merge all my skills. I just want one Entropia Universe skill.

I love this quote lol.

While melee is being discussed please consider making it easier to attack flying mobs with melee weapons...while you are at it make it easier to fight flying mobs with any weapon.

Thanks Kim.

me said:
Sure. Unanimous means everyone agrees. And clearly that aint so.

While this is true, it adds nothing to the conversation.

Mark claimed unanimous approval for the idea and I disputed that. Mainly cos I already spoke against it and felt that Mark's claim discounted my view.

But thanks for your feedback. Hope you feel you've managed to add to the conversation with your post.

if the merger ever were to happen... it would be the single greatest thing to happen to me in entropia

if amps/sharpeners game this would be bigger then the merger though :)

either way like i said i am super optimistic that MA is looking at Melee finally! great news
whatever happens... atleast they are looking to do something with it...

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

and to think i was thinking i was seriously thinking of selling out... then this great ray of hope comes

I have anxiety.:mad:
Merging skills greatly unbalance the system of craft, which already has a huge imbalance in the merger of mining.
Maybe we should then remove all the matter and ore separation time (sarcasm)?
I came here only because EY very complicated game (and a huge bonus
is the withdrawal of money), but not cheerful farm.
And I see a tendency to make a simple game.
Do you have a lot of competitors, and you lose your individuality.
Any simplification of the gameplay will stognatsii monetary relations.
What is happening rapidly.
I hope my voice will be heard by a beginner, and good luck to you.

I have anxiety.:mad:
Merging skills greatly unbalance the system of craft, which already has a huge imbalance in the merger of mining.
Maybe we should then remove all the matter and ore separation time (sarcasm)?
I came here only because EY very complicated game (and a huge bonus
is the withdrawal of money), but not cheerful farm.
And I see a tendency to make a simple game.
Do you have a lot of competitors, and you lose your individuality.
Any simplification of the gameplay will stognatsii monetary relations.
What is happening rapidly.
I hope my voice will be heard by a beginner, and good luck to you.

that is the great thing about this game...is we are soo different from all other games... and soo diverse with all the different types of things a player can do...
by merging melee it wouldnt change entropia and make it a simple game...
you still have so many skills/professions one can choose from... blp... laser... rifle... hand gun... gauss... melee... mining... crafting of all sorts... tailoring... coloring... just to name a few...
soo many diverse things to do in game... and the merger of melee wouldnt effect most people at all... and defiantly would make Entropia lose any individuality...

so i dont understand your reasons for going against this...

please someone give me a real reason to no merger all melee/knife skills?
i still havent seen any real logical reasons to go against it...

EXCEPT... PEOPLE DONT LIKE CHANGE....
entropia is and always has been about adapting... and evolving...
hop on board...and enjoy the ride that is entropia

Merge the clubber professions, but leave long-/shortblade alone.

Sounds good, how about some more powerfists like weapons.

Have you ever considered designing two handed clubs instead of only having the Large Thorifoid one that has been around for years. Why not have the 1H and 2H duality and skills but with actual 2 handed clubs we can use. Slow large damage two handed clubs and faster 1 handed clubs with less damage.
I always thought the greatest thing about Entropia Universe was the diversity of items to use. I was not excited by the mining merger or the ammo merger.....
Please don't mess with any more skills or professions.....design items to fill in gaps instead.....
While you are at it, why not design a particle beamer technnology weapon...I think you missed an opportunity with motherships and privateers to utilize this skill in their main weapons.......
Perhaps consider a symbol for the "Scan Technology" skill on the avatar skills panel while you are at it...

Status
Back