MindArk Selected To Present Entropia Universe To NASA

Cool :)

Now lets hope they actually get it would serve for some very intresting stuff. ANd hopefull accesable for all!

Nice pics 711 :)

Guess Wall-e was the creation of MA after all :)

This is great news for all of us. Having NASA means having them all...MA couldent ask for better branding...
Gratz to all og us :yay:

Found some images on the MindArk website:

http://www.mindark.com/press/image-gallery/

which appear to be screenshots from a Mars-like planet MindArk created for the NASA proposal:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

:cool:

nice one GJ guys :)

It would have been funnier if they put a Swedish flag there. :)

lol I read somewhere that the swedish space central wanted to put a traditional swedish red cabin on the moon though, just to be the first to get a building there :laugh: (that was a few years back though :silly2:)

Nice article. Love the part where they admit EU was and is simply a tool for tweaking and perfecting their real business plan. Guess that makes us tools too. Or lab rats. :rolleyes:

That was always the idea, man. There is an interview I think with Jan or maybe something on their old website, can't remember exactly, where is pretty well outlined the idea that the main challenge of PE was establishing a viable 3D massive multi-access platform.

lol I read somewhere that the swedish space central wanted to put a traditional swedish red cabin on the moon though, just to be the first to get a building there :laugh: (that was a few years back though :silly2:)

That would be awesome. :D

Ahhhh the "we have to find out everything on our own again dejavu" !!!!!

From what I read, competetion is very strong. So gratz to MA for beeing in now, as one of the competitors already created a similar protoype-project with the NASA in the past.

I cant name it of course, so feel free to google for the competitors and something with moon, mars and beyond that. ;p

The NASA itself has some "interesting" pdf documents on their site :

http://ipp.gsfc.nasa.gov/mmo/

I read through those pdf files there:
http://ipp.gsfc.nasa.gov/mmo/postmmo/index.php

Picked out something here and there:

About:
‐ the MMOG acts as a front‐end to a larger synthetic environment
‐ the MMOG contains a developers toolkit to support expansion
‐ the MMOG uses a powerful physics engine to support accurate science and engineering concepts and challenges
‐ the components support both formal and informal education

Aims:
• Present real NASA engineering and science missions in a
medium that is comfortable and familiar to the majority of
students in the United States today.
• Provide opportunities for students to investigate STEM career
paths.
• Contribute to the development of the critical skills and
capabilities needed to build a pipeline of qualified scientific
and technical employees required to fulfill the United States
Space Exploration Plan.

Target audience:
The primary audience for this MMO game will be students (13 and older) from the middle school level through college. At the earlier
grade levels, the game can empower students to make academic choices as well as supporting learning.

Yes, I have posted this somewhere else already, but hey ;p

Last edited:
Looking at two other proposal teams past projects I doubt MindArk will be chosen.
Would be interesting to know how big part of developers was used for the proposal demo and did it have impact on CE2 implementation.

oo, might be nice to learn about one of the many meteors due to pass close to our planet within the next 30 years... While playing inside an online game ;)

like i said:
new contract for MA, good for him, this mean more loot for us????
this is my question like eu player.
After this , yup is really cool that MA could be the developer of this project, this mean that we are playing with a good tools etcetc
but still it is open the question:
what change for me like eu player????????

Too much weird :scratch2:
Why nasa would choose a game with no space you can fly in ? lol

Too much weird :scratch2:
Why nasa would choose a game with no space you can fly in ? lol

well that will be added later :silly2:

besides, maybe they will:
1) Add their own
2) Not need it for a while

? :D

if MA will got this...will be a big boom:wtg:..figure.. around few milion people...ON every day...:wtg::wtg::wtg:

if MA will got this...will be a big boom:wtg:..figure.. around few milion people...ON every day...:wtg::wtg::wtg:

And with the lag problem we have now when 2 people fire 2 rpg's imagine what will happen when you got few million people logging on same time and loads of ships flying through space and the activities going on.

I dred to see the result.

From what I read, competetion is very strong. So gratz to MA for beeing in now, as one of the competitors already created a similar protoype-project with the NASA in the past.

I cant name it of course, so feel free to google for the competitors and something with moon, mars and beyond that. ;p

well last figures I saw from MA was that they projected to have 150 million reg users with 7 million online at all times :D within a few years ;) lol

And with the lag problem we have now when 2 people fire 2 rpg's imagine what will happen when you got few million people logging on same time and loads of ships flying through space and the activities going on.

aw but CE2 will make it better, because it works smoother :)

...so who will give us an update tonite? JB? :D

i would have loved to be a fly on the wall during their presentation today.

:whisper:
darri

....Bueller, Bueller.... Bueller....

:scratch:

...so who will give us an update tonite? JB? :D

When you typed that the 7th had just started in the US. But now it's at least the 8th everywhere but still no info...

Maybe some people are depressed now? :(

I really doubt that there will be any news for a very long time. The website says that the three finalists will present their proposals on the 7th, not that NASA will pick a winner on the 7th. NASA is a government agency. Nothing moves fast with them.

The initial proposals were due on June 18th and MA announced that they were in the final round on Oct 28th. The final decision and any follow up negotiations will most likely take weeks or months.

Last edited:
Back