Mindbank, when?

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
MA were granted the Bank licence in march 2009, with a year to set it up otherwise they were going to lose the licence

That is not too far away now. So my question is

Are they still going ahead with the bank...?

I want my Mindcredit card ;)

Rgds

Ace

I don't know when it will come, but it will not be called mindbank because that is a thing that have been around since 1986.

http://www.mindbank.com/mcg/aboutus.cfm

EDIT: I guess these guys will wonder why they got so many hits now :)

I don't know when it will come, but it will not be called mindbank because that is a thing that have been around since 1986.

If the company will have completely different purposes they might actually get to use the name Mindbank, at least I think so.

That is a USA company, i thought you were only bound by your own country for company names?

Rgds

Ace

PS although i cannot imagine another company allowed to use coca cola, or ikea etc, so ignore that lol

What functions will "MindBank" perform? This is interesting.

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Guess I was wrong :)

mind_bank_toy.jpg

for now it did reduce the cost to withdraw , because you get your withdraw in your money , so no fee of change...
It will maybe so reduce cost for deposit.
It will alow for player , credit card ( yes the hold cash card will maybe be back).
also , it supose to give to player some more protection and ansurance for their entropia account.

That is a USA company, i thought you were only bound by your own country for company names?

Rgds

Ace

PS although i cannot imagine another company allowed to use coca cola, or ikea etc, so ignore that lol

no, your first thought is correct. trademarks only exist and enforcable in the those countries where you register them, and usually a trademark is only valid for the business area its registered for. now, if you set up say Mindark in the UK running a software company, they'd have a strong case to make you change, but if you were say in the lightbulb supply business (MinDark) then they probably wouldnt get far.

back to the original point about the year coming up, is that an actual regulation required and not flexible?

i found this line very iteresting

The unique step of integrating MindArk’s virtual universe Entropia Universe with the real world will allow Mind Bank AB to function as a central bank for all virtual worlds within the Entropia Universe

its maimly going to be to trasfer peds from one world to the next with out having to withdraw from eu wait on the withdraw to go through and then deposit to a second planet partner ....at least that is how it seems to me

and this line also

Millions of transactions can be processed by the bank for further transfer to MindArk and the virtual universe. Mind Bank will also offer selected bank services to customers on the conventional market.

select services means deposits i would suspect

i found this line very iteresting

The unique step of integrating MindArk’s virtual universe Entropia Universe with the real world will allow Mind Bank AB to function as a central bank for all virtual worlds within the Entropia Universe

its maimly going to be to trasfer peds from one world to the next with out having to withdraw from eu wait on the withdraw to go through and then deposit to a second planet partner ....at least that is how it seems to me

and this line also

Millions of transactions can be processed by the bank for further transfer to MindArk and the virtual universe. Mind Bank will also offer selected bank services to customers on the conventional market.

select services means deposits i would suspect

I would rather suspect, that "central bank" means that all deposits/withdrawals within EU are handled by one single bank.

As for "selected services on the conventional market" that surely means, that they will offer the traditional bank services also to customers who have nothing to do with EU .

hmm...

could be interesting if Mindark becomes a competitor of paypal!

Rgds

Ace

Depends, if that company registerd its name in other countries.

Collecting our deposits? :laugh:

Haha but they already do that. I really mean what -other- functions will they be performing? Loans? Mortgages?

Jesus, that's terrifying. :eek:

You can tier up your bankaccount. You need to deposit the amount that is in your account, and when successful you get the 2nd deposit back and your first deposit will earn 0.001% interest more!!
Oh yeah, there is a small chance you loose your 2nd deposit tho

You can tier up your bankaccount. You need to deposit the amount that is in your account, and when successful you get the 2nd deposit back and your first deposit will earn 0.001% interest more!!
Oh yeah, there is a small chance you loose your 2nd deposit tho

Haha, wouldn't surprise me!!!

Looking forward ;p

A true gamblers bank account :D :D

Ahhhh - the Mind Bank!

;-))) SCNR

Have fun!

From my understanding they were getting the license to be able to hold all the money all the virtual worlds are going to have in them at all times. Basically what they have been doing for the past years but with new regulations and security, to make us feel better about our PED.

I don't think that they plan on being a traditional bank in the sense of loans, mortgages, tellers, etc...

Was going to post the same question but took the time to use the search function and found this thread. Too bad there's no useful information :rolleyes:

Facts:
Swedish Financial authority granted banking license to Mindbank AB on March 13 2009 The PDF of the decision through Google Translate
2nd paragraph, page 3: The company noted that the permit may be revoked if the company does not within one year after the granting of the permit has begun to operate under Chapter 15 of the Banking. 3 § 2 LBF.

Mind Bank AB has a LinkedIn profile listing 2 employees.

Haven't found anything else.

maybe a bump for more info then ;)

C

I found this part interesting:

Application shows that it intends to provide traditional banking
services transaction and savings account, and payment and transaction
mediation via general payment systems. In addition, it plans to also
provide services within the credit and currency exchange.

So a pretty much fully fledged bank :)

It may start of with limited services though e.g. customers only allowed to create an account and deposit :D

March 13 isn't too far away ! Wonder when we'll hear more info on this ...

Hanne are you reading this, if so you may want to comment...hint hint , nudge nudge, ;)

Back