Mindbank, when?

I found this part interesting:

So a pretty much fully fledged bank :)

It may start of with limited services though e.g. customers only allowed to create an account and deposit :D

March 13 isn't too far away ! Wonder when we'll hear more info on this ...

Hanne are you reading this, if so you may want to comment...hint hint , nudge nudge, ;)

I can see it now :)

I honestly dont think anyone from FPC will be able to answer this, they "arent privvy to such information".

This is why time and time again i still think we need a dedicated MA rep not just the middle men from FPC having to beat the living day lights out of the MA monster to feed us bits of information that they then renege on to make FPC get it in the neck :scratch2:

Would love more info but i guess again time will tell :)

being able to deposit straight from my main bank account to my EU account would be brilliant as i could get away from using the creditcard and having to be hit by 2 separate fees each time.

Subscribing :)

bump

bump - lets get some answers - Please! Is this really gonna happen?

I would be very suprised if the bank would be a reality. Don't think it is the right econmical eviroment for that right know......
Mindark and Entropia feels too small to support a bank, maybe in the future if Entropia grows and get a lot bigger.

Guess Mind Bank AB is just another one of those Ahhh...things.
Shame really.

You really think it can be done just like that?

Ok

mind_bank_toy.jpg

Theres your awnser. You will give your loot to MA and then Ma will use it to go to the bathroom.....Nah im just kiddin Ma. Keep on addin those updates :)

I don't suppose there is anychance Hanne or Marco could give us an update???

Pretty please?

Rgds

Ace

Beware the Ides of March...

Beware the Ides of March...

and Beware ideas about a bank from MA...

Where are those ATM cards promised a long time ago?

could be interesting if Mindark becomes a competitor of paypal!

Mindark as a a PayPal-type entity? :rofl: :laugh::laugh:

If by interesting you mean seeing all the inevitable lawsuits filed for various and sundry acts of incompetence and greed, then yeh, I guess you're right!
I'd buy a ticket to see that show!:popcorn:

The MindBank website has undergone it's first update since it's creation!! :yay:

Let me remind all of you who click: don't shoot the messenger!! :silly2:

The MindBank website has undergone it's first update since it's creation!! :yay:

Let me remind all of you who click: don't shoot the messenger!! :silly2:

looks same as before to me but i can't remember what it was like before...

Perhaps MA just needed the rl Bank Certification to be allowed Banks inside EU?

The rest was just the regular hype and nubish propaganda they unleashed.

Perhaps MA just needed the rl Bank Certification to be allowed Banks inside EU?

The rest was just the regular hype and nubish propaganda they unleashed.

I think they just wanted a place on the web to be able to use the mmo buzzword "micro-transactions" :laugh:

Seriously do you really think that MA, is competent to manage a bank? :eek:

looks same as before to me but i can't remember what it was like before...

The text was longer -- Google still had it cached... first paragraph has been removed.

Virtual World Developer MindArk Granted Real World Banking License

(Gothenburg Sweden) – March 18, 2009 – The Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen) has granted a license to conduct banking activities to virtual universe developer MindArk PE AB’s wholly owned subsidiary Mind Bank AB. The unique step of integrating MindArk’s virtual universe Entropia Universe with the real world will allow Mind Bank AB to function as a central bank for all virtual worlds within the Entropia Universe. MindArk CEO Jan Welter Timkrans comments, “This is an exciting and important development for the future of all virtual worlds being built, using the Entropia Platform. Together with our partner planet owner companies we will be in a position to offer real bank services to the inhabitants of our virtual universe”. This will take the integration between real life and virtual life to a whole new level. Mind Bank AB will be the first bank that fully incorporates real money transactions with activities in a virtual world. Millions of transactions can be processed by the bank for further transfer to MindArk and the virtual universe. Mind Bank will also offer selected bank services to customers on the conventional market.

That is a USA company, i thought you were only bound by your own country for company names?

Rgds

Ace

PS although i cannot imagine another company allowed to use coca cola, or ikea etc, so ignore that lol

But Coca Cola is pretty well established world-wide so why would someone else choose it? They probably pwn even the smallest villages in Africa by now :p

One could ask for some "Skam - Community Manager" input here.

But like a true MA employee she only comments on positive stuff.

Where is the mindbank? It has to have better savings account rates than the Neverdie bank... might have better music too!?!? ;)

at first i was like
OMG MA bank
then i was like
OMG MA BANK!
then i was like
oh ma bank...
and now im like
lol ma bank

I wouldnt mind banking at all.

One could ask for some "Skam - Community Manager" input here.

But like a true MA employee she only comments on positive stuff.

But Hanne works for First Planet Company, not MA, why would she be a spokesperson on this subject?

Mindbank fail.

Just the name is so bad I cant really come up with a worse one for a bank, lolz at marketing ppl

But Hanne works for First Planet Company, not MA, why would she be a spokesperson on this subject?

Nice, now you've given Hanne the perfect excuse not to comment :D

Mindbank fail.

Just the name is so bad I cant really come up with a worse one for a bank, lolz at marketing ppl

I quite like the name :)

Maybe one day they'll just announce out of the blue it's here and open...but maybe that's just me dreaming

Back