Mining Competition on OLA 32

gen

Old Alpha
Genesis
Updated: 31st Jan 2007

Competition Over to See Winners see my lastest post in this Thread!

Competition Details

Map to OLA-32:

ola-32-map.jpg

Start Date: 31st December 2006 at 2:00pm GMT
End Date: 31st January 2007 at 5:30pm GMT

Closest Teleporter: Shinook Jungle (11513, 26043)
For duration of competition Mining Tax set at 4.0 and Hunting at 4.5

Prizes

The three entrants with the most mining globals will receive prizes as follows:

First Place: 500 PED
Second Place: 250 PED
Third Place: 125 PED

Entry Process

Each screenshot of a unique global is considered one entry, you may enter by submitting your screenshots to THIS thread.

To take a screenshot within Entropia you press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, then you need to paste the image into an editing application such as Microsoft Paint and save it.
Alternatively you can find a free, preferably open-source, image capture application which will take care of everything for you once you push "Print Screen".

Note that by submitting an entry you agree to allow your name and entries to be used for promotional purposes.

Scoring:

Entrants score 10 points for each unique mining global submitted. Entrants to be individuals only. Should for example 4 people only get one global each then the prizes will be awarded according to whose Loot value was the highest and the person with the lowest value obviously won't get a prize since there are only three prizes available.

Rules:

Screenshot must include:

Loot window open and not obscured.

The global announcement showing completely and clearly in the chat window.

Position (P) and Time (U) info showing completely and clearly in the chat window.

Your avatar name showing completely and clearly in the lower-right health bar.

Mine to resource must be made within the borders of OLA-32, which are N: 31466, S: 30718, E: 14117, W: 11370.

PLEASE submit your screen prints within 24 hours of when you globalled.

Entrants can only receive one prize.

The following is allowed:

Blanking out your PED balance.
Blanking out chat lines not needed to meet the rules.

Judging:

Entries will be judged by Genesis gen Yang
Judge will not participate in the event.
Judges decision is final.

Disqualification:

The following are grounds for disqualification:

Entries which fail to meet all the relevant rules will result in that entry being disqualified.

Excessive invalid entries will lead that entrant being disqualified.

Excessive duplicate entries will lead to all entries from that entrant being disqualified.

Fraudulent or Fake entries will lead to the entrant being disqualified.

Happy Mining!

Watch out for the Trips and Foul!

Genesis

Last edited:
Reactions: Cee
May I take this opportunity to say i loved hunting on ur LA :)

Keep that maturity and i will come back for hunts

good work

Castro

Entry into the contest

I hope that this picture is the format that you were looking for.

Please accept this post as my entry into your contest.
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Thanks
Sneakers

very nice, gratz first entrant ;-) was you amped?

I hope that this picture is the format that you were looking for.

Please accept this post as my entry into your contest.

Thanks
Sneakers

yes, that's good, hope everyone else posting their globals makes it as clear :D

Nice one, sneakers--gratz on First Blood! ;)

--Dauntain

The noobie miner got an entry too :)

Gen it was a real pleasure to meet you at your land.

I was able to handle the tripus, even in the high densities both in the East and West edges of your land, but have to confess the foul raiders were too much for me :ahh:

Congratulations and +rep for the event :clap:, not many events for miners these days :tapfinger:

Well hope mi pic is good for entry too!

Gen it was a real pleasure to meet you at your land.

I was able to handle the tripus, even in the high densities both in the East and West edges of your land, but have to confess the foul raiders were too much for me :ahh:

Congratulations and +rep for the event :clap:, not many events for miners these days :tapfinger:

Well hope mi pic is good for entry too!

Looks good to me!

I won't be replying to every single post with screenies of the globals, any further posts of screenies just make sure they are as good as the last two with the correct info :)

Update looks like Sneakers placed at number 1 so far (potential 500 PED prize!) and Cee a very close number 2 (potential prize of 250 PED!)

Thanks!

Gen

My 2nd entry :)

Getting to like this land of yours Gen :)

And Cee shoots into the lead with 20 points :yay: (2 globals), Sneakers now second with 10 points (1 global)

Gooo Cee! :yay:

Btw, Its me, The guy who you talked to last night ;).

Have too say, i never mined on this land before. but its really good her.;) but a little help too every one. I have used some bombs and probes and no mining amp. last nigth i got 3x Large XII and 2x Sizable XI. so use a amp if you can. I dident :(

Hope it will be new mining events on this land, and hope am a little more ready fore it then. and get my deposit when i want it. I will only chill and look this time. :computer:

Good Luck every one

2nd entry

please accept this as a second submission for your contest

for those that are intrested I use an of-105 with a 101 amp.

Thanks
Sneakers

Good timening

Gratz! Just at the right time you had only 5 bombs left!

Add me to the list

Just as I was running out of bombs. Lucky I guess.

Last edited:
Event

I said some of our soc menbers from your event if you don't mind!

Good luck to all the miners on OLA-32!

Number 2 for me.

Ok, I am really starting to like this Land Area. Fouls are looting good as well.

What ores and enmatters can i find on your LA?
Any rare stuff found yet?

Ok, looks good.
I'll make sure i drop by soon :)

YYHHAAaaa! A mining event! :yay:
Count me in! (I see I'm late, but I'll try to catch up.. really hard! Cya tonight!:D

Game On

Seems that there is a 3 way tie to First Place now and a few more people soon to be added to the list. Unfortuately I won't be able to go back out until Friday.

Gen, been there the last 2 nights but my only luck was a nice foul guardian on monday (you hadn't started your 5 ped/global thing yet I believe) while defending a claim

Have to say, nevertheless, that I'm getting pretty good returns without globals at OLA-32. Still finding several large and considerable deposits. Best thing is the nice markup in the kanerium and magerian and the rest (duru, typo and gazz).

Will go back again tonight, let's hope this time my findings go beyond the 49.80 peds I've been getting in a couple of large findings:silly2:

Just found this - didnt know it was going on - may try and get there and see how it goes :)

I was out there on Monday again and some good hits as well, but no globals. I think I will wait until Friday to try again.

Back