Mining Return Dynamics

If my hunting ATH was not coming from mining (at least partially), which is almost (not exactly of course) what you quote from MA, I should most probably see a mining ATH (or near) and it may already be overdue statistically?
Statistically, there is no such thing as being "overdue". This is what us statisticians call a gamber's fallacy. It's a common mistake in any RNG setup.

Reactions: Arm
Statistically, there is no such thing as being "overdue". This is what us statisticians call a gamber's fallacy. It's a common mistake in any RNG setup.

It can simply mean (among the other meanings) that: very good luck has a chance to appear and it does after some time, statistically. You toss coins and you have three heads, you are overdue a "tail" (it is unlikely you do not see one soon, although the chance is not related to the seen "head"s).

(loss rate needs to be managed to avoid bankruptcy, to continue cycling, such that the lucky time happens)

The question is: is it this simple in EU? what are the variables affecting chances?

Is there a player who has been active for years including in 2022 and has not learnt something in 2022?

Last edited:
I do both hunting and mining.

For some time I did not know that MU was lost (namely not returned in tt), I spent much on big amps and luckily (in fact unluckily!) hit a 14k tower on foma which retuned the tt plus MU amount which made me think MU was being returned in tt. Then I was down tens of k in mining (about approx 100k in MU, about approx 50k in tt which I anticipate in an ATH).

I was also down in hunting and last year I hit a hunting ATH which turned hunting into profit.

Currently, I heavily do amped mining (but not much 75x, 80x and 100x amp as before, I usually use around 20x and sometimes 60x) in foma/ark/monria/caly/... .

If my hunting ATH was not coming from mining (at least partially), which is almost (not exactly of course) what you quote from MA, I should most probably see a mining ATH (or near) and it may already be overdue statistically? (I am about 50k back in mining tt, and about 75k-100k in mining MU. I am in profit in hunting, and also in bit of crafting I did which was several thousands of ped cycling)

I used to think that hunting ATH has something to do with the mining loss.

I know there are other possibilities (chance, ...), but a mining ATH for me seems like a confirmation of what quoted from MA. I got an 8k tower few weeks ago and the system took a revenge of 20k loss in the following weeks as if it knows it should lower the chance (no personal loot pool? Yes, I have heard it too, but what if it happens in form of lowering the chance when you hit big? Or other indirect mechanism?)!
They also stated there are no personal loot pools, lost ped isn’t tied to you it is lost forever

Loot posts are always highly accurate though as they go through a review process or something before they post them, you can tell because whenever they talk about loot there are never grammatical errors and the language is concise, but regular mod posts are all over the place.

I think their lawyer looks over official posts about loot

They also stated there are no personal loot pools, lost ped isn’t tied to you it is lost forever

Some loot pools are implied not explicit. You make the loot/multiplier chance converge to specific percentage/chance over long time, it means there can be a sort of implied loot pool.

2. Excavator, Most people that use UL excavators do so for speed. I certainly do, especially on larger claims

4. I can see no reason why, let alone mechanics for doing it, for MA to take MU and tax on finders and amps into account. They would need to track every transaction you made, on AH, in a shop or P2P sales, calc the MU, and then apply it IF and WHEN you use it, part use it etc Also ofc track you to see if you simply trade it to a third party.
MU is therefore wholly your problem as a miner. You have to ensure you buy your kit at a reasonable MU, and mine things that will return that MU.

5. HOF/ATH in other professions should according to MA have no effect, they have repeatedly said the loot pools for the 3 professions are separate.

8. Amps and to some extent Finders are according to most miners I chat to and also in my own experience a matter of personal preference and balamce.
To a large extent it will depend on what you are mining and where, as to which finder is best suited (think depth etc) As for amps 2 people with near identical set ups may choose different amps, and both claim it works best for them. I personally hate D-Class yet many love them. Also remember some resources are almost never found amped.

So as Rufen said, get out there and mine, keep your own records and work out which set up works best for YOU., and in which situations. Re-assess as your skills grow. Most miners have 2 or 3 set ups on the go.
If there was an ideal set up, for all skill levels, locations, etc then we would all use it, the MU would go through the roof, and the rest of us could pack up our gear and go home

"5. HOF/ATH in other professions should according to MA have no effect, they have repeatedly said the loot pools for the 3 professions are separate."

I was kind of back in tt returns (MU aside) in mining, tens of k, maybe 100k, then I got a 110k hunting ATH while my hunting was not that back, does it mean that a mining ATH is most probably coming for me? (and the hunting ATH has nothing to do with the mining deficit?)

(statistical loot pool idea may be valid here: at some point you become lucky enough in each profession and you statistically cannot be much unlucky for long time in each, works like a loot pool, getting back the tt deficit)

Last edited:
People lose on high amps and P160/P85 etc. Specially noobs which pay well into the game and choose mining.

Apparently there is newcomer HOF and the message on Entropia site talking about ~95% return which all in all can mislead noobs. At least it is lack of informing well.

Suggestion 1: There should be a note in the auctions that MU is lost (in a corner of the auctions window) such that noobs can know and are reminded.

Suggestion 2: there can be more chance of getting UL items for those who have much mining MU deficit in the long run (spend more MU than gained). A partial return of that deficit, such as 50% in the long run. After all they have fed the game economy MUCH.

Suggestion 3: all the tokens should be made lootable in mining as well. The mechanics can be different, and there can be mining items (UL and L) to buy with the tokens.

Suggestion 4: the high value ore/enmatter which are used in building high amps are not mined with high amps, making the high amp use a very bad loss. This logical bug should be addressed by MA and those who lost much using high amps and P160/~P85 etc should get something in form of UL items or Apartments or etc in their mining finds in future. I know the game ecosystem is complex but I am sure something can be done (innovated) in this line.

Back