Missing Loot from Hof. MA Logs show nothing.

According to the information I got from the government agency, MA has never had a banking license.

Not that I want to give Agis credit (sry, even tho you are an ex soc mate), but if I remember correctly it was -MindBank AB that applied for it, not Mindark AB. I guess MindBank AB is/was owned by Mindark AB. Did you just specifically ask about Mindark AB or were affiliates/daughtercompanies included?

Did a quick google on Mind Bank AB, result:

http://www.fi.se/Tillstand/Beslut/Listan/Mind-Bank-far-banktillstand/

"Finansinspektionen har gett Mind Bank AB, under bildande, tillstånd att driva bankrörelse och godkänner förslaget till bolagsordning för Mind Bank."

"The Finance Inspection has given Mind Bank AB (under incorporation) license/rights to commence/operate a banking enterprise and approves...."

2009-03-13

Lying on such a matter would have killed Mindark the next day...

My friends have laughed at me in the past as I explain how people deposit so much real money into a game with seemingly no regulations/safeguards....now I'm not sure I'm able to defend EU the same :(

Support will only take place through the established channels which is through support cases, it won't be handled in an open forum. If MindArk determines that something is indeed wrong then a fix will be made and you will all be informed of it.

Patiently waiting to know what went wrong and that it's fixed.
Please no snow job .... don't think the community can handle it again. The truth will suffice :) :wise:

Obviously MA is aware of this thread, as the OP has linked to it in his support case. I'm considering giving them a week to respond with an official statement, apology, and explanation before sharing this thread with some of the major gaming publications (Kotaku, Joystiq, GameRant, IGN, MMORPG.com)

Sometimes some public knowledge and negative publicity can spur a company to action. It's only fair, as myself and probably others initially came to EU based on positive publicity hyping the RCE after major events such as the buying/selling of CND.

I'm not trying to be a douche, but at the same time this thread reminds me so much of some of the threads regarding Full Tilt Poker back on the 2+2 poker forums.. right before Black Friday hit and it came to light the company was so immorally f***ed that they were millions in the hole and countless players got the shaft with their funds.

This community is full of intelligent people, it's a natural byproduct of an expensive hobby, most of us are professionals with disposable incomes. We have teachers, engineers, and other respectable jobs. So come on MA, give us some technical details, explain how your coding sucks and how logs can have gaping holes for key entries with regard to globals. I know programming/system development as do quite a few others on here. We want, and can handle the details. Rebuild our trust in the system.

Thoughts? I really don't know what to do with this, I didn't even bother logging in last night.

they are usualy slow so can be same in this matter ( if we get any explanation at all ), echich means time u gave em is bit short, however idea is nice. Shall encourage MA to do their info job done.

CLD buyers shall be vitally interested as that greatly affect their returns.

I don't believe that the loot system is so leaky that players can loose peds on regular basis. This is RCE for a GOD sake. However this thread proves it can happen. Moreover players have actually no way to check it or show a prove once it happens. We all know Entropia is dynamic, growing and code is not closed one. Therefore such mistakes in code are kinda bound to it aren't they? I have to give some credit to MA, as a former programmer I know it is not possible to avoid such things even if you do heavy testing. However in order to check the system and have 100% sure system is working ok at all times as well as gaining trust in loot system I think this is a crucial to have such system:

i would like our client side log files to log each item we loot with time stamp, item, quantity, and ped value. Ive wanted this for a long time, i want it even more now.

Then every player has hard evidence. MA can double check things whenever they need to. Win-win situation for everyone.

Waiting for one response or another from MA here

I have spoken with the developers who investigated this issue, and can report the following:

The situation where this bug could possibly occur was very unique, and only affected certain rare loots with a value of more than 10000 PED.

Fewer than five participants were affected by this bug. All of the affected participants have been contacted by the support department, even if they had not filed a support case about the issue.

The development team has fixed the internal systems responsible for this bug, and testing shows that the issue is now corrected.

Thanks to everyone who provided information and feedback on this issue via support.

Fewer than five participants were affected by this bug. All of the affected participants have been contacted by the support department, even if they had not filed a support case about the issue.

The development team has fixed the internal systems responsible for this bug, and testing shows that the issue is now corrected.

Well done!

I have spoken with the developers who investigated this issue, and can report the following:

The situation where this bug could possibly occur was very unique, and only affected certain rare loots with a value of more than 10000 PED.

Thanks to everyone who provided information and feedback on this issue via support.

Thank you! :clap: Finally an Official response, this is what most of us were waiting for! :yay: Now back to the :sniper:

Thank you very much!

THX

@JacktanCap: Would be nice to quote Bjorns post in the first post in this thread.

Then every player has hard evidence. MA can double check things whenever they need to. Win-win situation for everyone.

Well, I would like to have that too.

But that can lead to increased network load tho.

What can be done to avoid that: just copy method from eve-o. 3d-party apps have access to eve-o API, where several information can be fetched by those apps. Players stats, trading transactions, etc-etc. Information (AFAIK) updating every hour or so. VERY load-sensitive information is updated once per 24h.

There can be web-based thing, which we can use like we do when checking our inventory or such.

That system can be even paid (1 ped per query, or kinda), to prevent mass access, or maybe make it to hold all records for past 30 days.

I had a similar event some time ago but with shit merp loot, barely any of the loot from the hunt was in my inventory.

support didnt know anything, nothing in logs, and they was just "yeah, sorry about that" and thats it.

edit:

Just saw bjorn's response, how comes i had a similar occurance, but the loot was definately much less than 10k ped? :)

Provide screenshot for every merp killed with the loot window and time verification and we'll see about it.:silly2:

Well, I would like to have that too.

But that can lead to increased network load tho.

What can be done to avoid that: just copy method from eve-o. 3d-party apps have access to eve-o API, where several information can be fetched by those apps. Players stats, trading transactions, etc-etc. Information (AFAIK) updating every hour or so. VERY load-sensitive information is updated once per 24h.

There can be web-based thing, which we can use like we do when checking our inventory or such.

That system can be even paid (1 ped per query, or kinda), to prevent mass access, or maybe make it to hold all records for past 30 days.

WE allready have chatlog file clientsided.
In teams all looted items are discplayed in chat therefor loged at the logfile.

Why MA refuses to display solo hunters loot in chat ????

That would help a lot to control your loots, and if you really received all of it.

And why the hell should we pay for something that obviously should have long time and its asked for long time, beside having the system ready (for teams only) ?????????????????

Very good to see a response on this, thanks!

Best regards
Zweshi

Im relieved that we got an official answer on the incident (+rep on that, I didn't think it would happen ;) ) and that Jack got his loot back.

But nevertheless ill be more cautious while hunting/ mining/ crafting ^^

WE allready have chatlog file clientsided.
In teams all looted items are discplayed in chat therefor loged at the logfile.

Why MA refuses to display solo hunters loot in chat ????

That would help a lot to control your loots, and if you really received all of it.

And why the hell should we pay for something that obviously should have long time and its asked for long time, beside having the system ready (for teams only) ?????????????????

Calm down. What I only can suggest you, instead of detailed explanation - read some about multi-user systems with heavy load. It's just tech limitations and performance. Or go at tech sections of eve-o, and read, what those perverts inventing to reduce lags, increase performance, what servers is, and so on.

Just one read, and you will not ask that stuff ever.

Awesome, thats really good news.

Plus rep. Thanks for the info. I must admit I'm impressed because I was beginning to think we would hear no comment as in past instances. This is very nice turn of events.

That's great to hear, and I wonder if any of the others will be willing to post when they are compensated.

BTW, I dont think anyone has looted a beacon from mining yet Bjorn..... ;)

Thanks Bjorn and MA for a pretty detailed and clear response :)
This makes everyone very happy I'm sure as we all realize things can happen.
Will there also be an official post under news or something about it instead of just in this thread?

Reactions: EMW

Thanxs to the OP and to you bjorn as it seems i was one of the 5 affected in my 10.8k hof a few weeks ago and i didnt noticed neither filled a support case, thanxs for the explanations and for the missing loot (araund 700) peds
have a nice holidays

Thanks Bjorn and good to hear others are being compensated for this bug too.

What's the lesson learned from this MA?

That sometimes your logs aren't perfect, so in the face of evidence from the players that something strange is going on, support should give it appropriate consideration, rather than just saying: "Our logs can't verify this, we won't reimburse you" - which btw is an incredibly frustrating response.

12/03/11 12:16 AM CONSTRUCT Jashonich AP 95.00
12/03/11 12:30 AM CONSTRUCT Jashonich AP 95.00

Also 12/03/11 12:28 AM CONSTRUCT Energy Matter Residue 10000.00

Nice to hear, but why also loot below 10k was capped in your logs? Thought the problem was only from 10k above.

What's the lesson learned from this MA?

That sometimes your logs aren't perfect, so in the face of evidence from the players that something strange is going on, support should give it appropriate consideration, rather than just saying: "Our logs can't verify this, we won't reimburse you" - which btw is an incredibly frustrating response.

I'd say it looks like their logs are good. If they were not, they would not have been able to identify this happening to 3 others, and credited them with the loot.

Their support personal don't know how to query their database properly.

I'd hope MA are now scouring their code and logs to find out when this started, and check any Crafting Hofs over 10k since then.

So MA were reading this thread :)

Back