Missing Loot from Hof. MA Logs show nothing.

There also has been a comment on the beacon issue in another thread:

Beacon Missions really fixed

It's still not fixed although it is better than what it was at release. The main problem right now is that the value of the beacon itself isn't added to the loot.
Please take beacons offline until it is fixed then. If it was the other way around and MA was losing money cause the loot was too much it would have been fixed ASAP. Now that players are losing peds and MA profiting off the issue it is taking a long time to be fixed. Come on guys do the right thing.

-Bemo-
We sent a request about that yesterday, hopefully it gets done soon.

I think they really try improving communication, but give them some time.

That obviously did not happen.

1) Others have had graphical errors like that.
2) They have no reason to lie about that.

Rofl

If he gets one from having a graphical bug for one second while it is loading icons

Then I should have 500 amps as well!

Shit happens every time I am on my slow-ass laptop and open inventory. He just had a global while icons were loading so the (L) did not load.... IF he even missed the SoOtO message... he might wanna pay more attention in the future =)

OT: Nice to see that MA realized the bug and paid them what they should have gotten from the start... After all, it was a hof message without loot, that stinks... Makes me wonder if the loot below 50 ped is as it should? We will never know =)

atleast 10 characters :D

{ about MindArk }
They have no reason to lie about that.
ROFL!!!

Seriously, they have EVERY reason (a company has) to lie about something like that. Especially since they always get away with it.

I think they really try improving communication, but give them some time.
How many years did you suggest we wait?

Seriously, this stuff isn't funny anymore. I'm not even smiling at it.

To me there was evidence of a loot problem. Essentially the worst-case scenario for bugs in terms of MA's business model, as it surely plants even more seeds of doubt for those that may wish to deposit.

There was two problems:

One was the bug itself. It's nice MA found it and fixed it, and paid back those who were affected!

The second one seems to be the information support department have availible.
A thing as easy as access to the "global spam", which is logged by every player, and access to a daily snapshot (say taken each 12th hour) of the current HOF lists, would have made it possible for support to have spotted this right away. Also, maybe when it comes to crafting loots, maybe the transaction log (which I guess is the thing that support provided) is hard to read - there wasn't a number of 95 ped exact globals but rather 100+ globals but the reason log looked like it did was probably that, from each crafting attemt, it separates the TT value of item crafted and other outcome such as gems, and residue (that probably is hard to track if it's consumed by later clicks in same run) - maybe the residue that's consumed isn't logged at all but is silently (in log file) added to later clicks which makes the "transaction log" look different from globals, and that the residue at the end of the run is credited when player ends the run (unless something like a server crash comes in between).

There was two problems:
I'm quite certain there were and are more than two of them :), but let's focus on these two.

One was the bug itself. It's nice MA found it and fixed it, and paid back those who were affected!
An AR (?) representative claimed that an MA rep. had claimed this.
(read: without an audit by a trusted 3rd party, and results made public, it's impossible for us to know)

The second one seems to be the information support department have availible.
[...]
Also, maybe when it comes to crafting loots, maybe the transaction log (which I guess is the thing that support provided) is hard to read - there wasn't a number of 95 ped exact globals but rather 100+ globals but the reason log looked like it did was probably that, from each crafting attemt, it separates the TT value of item crafted and other outcome such as gems, and residue (that probably is hard to track if it's consumed by later clicks in same run) - maybe the residue that's consumed isn't logged at all but is silently (in log file) added to later clicks which makes the "transaction log" look different from globals, and that the residue at the end of the run is credited when player ends the run (unless something like a server crash comes in between).
I see many problems here, of which I'll only list a few.

If MA does not credit user's account the full amount (item(s) crafted + other junk), it's most likely an accounting problem since long having gone past the line of "illegal". As we know for a fact they don't always keep these records as (are, or should be) required by law, the remaining question would be whether or not it has been due to a bug that has since been fixed, or if they do this systematically and deliberately.

Another issue raised is that this company, with verified unreliable and untrustworthy systems, where a single game-server crashing (or otherwise failing to properly communicate with the system keeping track of your account) can deprive customers of thousands of USD of gambling income, can even have the arrogance to even suggest they could go IPO?

[*]MA f*cked up bad.
[*]They fixed it. (Why would they leave a bug like that in place? If this happens again, they're screwed.)
[*]I expected no comment all.
[*]We got a comment. Short, sweet and one that explained things as much as customers should know.
[*]I was surprised and satisfied w/ the comment.
[*]That is all.
[/LIST]
Ah you explained it perfectly.
Flaming MA for their mistakes is correct.
Flaming the public rep. for apologizing, after the mistake has been compensated is incorrect.

Back