Mission Rewards Rebalancing

Status
will you guys post in advance(like..this week)what changes will be made to existing missions ?
most people have all missions open and are at say 2k..5k..8k
so most people will have to choose which mission they can finish before 12 august,and they will base that choice on what rewards they will get

i mean..im several thousand of kills into the kreltin and the spidermission,if i know what the new rewards are going to be i might be motivated to actually finish 1 or both of them,or none at all

There will be no retroactive refunds or reimbursements for missions that have already been completed.

In many cases, rewards for particular missions will improve considerably under the new guidelines, which can hardly be considered a nerf.

Many missions currently offer a reward that is much too small for the effort required. A few examples would be the 5K Atrox, Araneatrox, Feffoid and Warrior missions. Those missions will most certainly receive the opposite of a nerf.

So how about all those who cycled peds to complete said 5k missions and ended up with a mountain of nova fragments? These hunters are probably the most vocal about the undesirable nova awards. Yet they won't be able to reap the "benefit" to these changes as many already accepted a pile of nova fragments as the reward.

In the case of these missions that reward nova fragments as a reward, it seems that those who finished those missions are being punished for being active. I think they should be rewarded and not feel like they missed out on anything (Personally I haven't done many missions because I am guilty of waiting for my attributes to get higher. I would also hesitate to do them now, for fear of the new rewards being better than the old ones). I think the option of being able to selectively reset some missions or even all of your missions would be a nice gesture for those who have been grinding it out.

I have been doing most of the missions and think that some of the awards need to be adjusted. Getting rid of the fragments and making the rewards more suitable is a good thing in my opinion.

Is it fair to everyone? Probably I joined a bit after shadow was a common loot. I remember when I could not put my A104 on my opalo anymore and how bad of a nerf that was. I remember when the A101 that used to drop from Argo so much that they were TT food suddenly decreased dropping around that same time and the value started to go up. No warning, probably like the stories I hear of Shadow dropping the same way was nerfed. MA is communicating better than I ever remember and this is the first time I remember that we are getting such advance notice. I don't think there is any nefarious reason for the early notice, but rather an attempt to continue to communicate with us more and earlier.

MA is a business and I am sure they are not sitting around thinking of ways to make the lives of their customers harder, how to make their customers hate them, and what evil plot they can think of next. Sure these things are going to upset a bunch of the playerbase, but one thing I have learned about PE\EU since I started playing in 2005 is that it is always changing and evolving and not all changes are painless to many of us but things keep moving forward.

While I don't know what the changes are going to be I am not going to lose sleep over them and I am not going to let that take away my enjoyment of EU.

So how about all those who cycled peds to complete said 5k missions and ended up with a mountain of nova fragments? These hunters are probably the most vocal about the undesirable nova awards. Yet they won't be able to reap the "benefit" to these changes as many already accepted a pile of nova fragments as the reward.

In the case of these missions that reward nova fragments as a reward, it seems that those who finished those missions are being punished for being active. I think they should be rewarded and not feel like they missed out on anything (Personally I haven't done many missions because I am guilty of waiting for my attributes to get higher. I would also hesitate to do them now, for fear of the new rewards being better than the old ones). I think the option of being able to selectively reset some missions or even all of your missions would be a nice gesture for those who have been grinding it out.

How about those ubers in Kimmi's thread who got huge amount of skill points that newbies won't be possible to reach nowadays. They are taking huge advantage because of it, and they stood a chance to loot mod merc, mod fap etc... that we couldn't loot nowadays, could we newbies complain about it? Some changes must be made and some people surely would be hurt, if it would benefits all in the long run then it should be done for sure.

will you guys post in advance(like..this week)what changes will be made to existing missions ?
so most people will have to choose which mission they can finish before 12 august,and they will base that choice on what rewards they will get

i mean..im several thousand of kills into the kreltin and the spidermission,if i know what the new rewards are going to be i might be motivated to actually finish 1 or both of them,or none at all

Nothing as satisfying as a good gamble, now you can even chose between missions & shared loot :wtg:

Im glad ive only done 1 10k Iron Mission

Just read thru most of what is here,

Well I can see why some ppl would be furious doing multiple 10k Iron Mission getting multiple nova rewards(especially annoying with the 5k rewards), but as Ive only completed the daik/shinkiba Iron Challange it looks like Im forearmed with the information to get up to 4999 Foul and Argo kills then after the mission change date kill those sweet sweet single mobs to get a nice reward rather than the Novas I resigned myself to recieving.

Well from what it looks like this works for me :)

Also the way I look at all the Iron Challanges is the end of the grind, Its always the +1 Stamina and the nice skill gain I always look at. The Stamina gain is staying, but what of the skill gain??? Is the Final Skill Gain to be 'Adjusted'? hmmmmm :confused:

As to those Furious ppl I mentioned at the Start, I do believe u should be compesated, if not in skills maybe a T-Shirt that says ' I did a 5k Iron Challange and all I got were these Nova's' ;)

Stamina gains will still exist under the new guidelines.

That is good news, thank you. Could you maybe also make stamina increase our regen speed or something? That particular nerf (when regen was nerfed to be a set amount instead of a fraction of total health) was quite galling to those who are skilling for higher HP to be able to hunt more efficiently (presumably everyone...).

Making the hard-to-gain stamina affect regen would seem an appropriate reward for completing the final stages of the iron challenges.

Please do this.

There has never been, from the whole time I've been here in EU, a "re-balance" that actually ended up being more favorable to players than the status quo, despite MA swearing to high heavens that it would be*, so I'll just remain very skeptic about this whole thing.

I'm not gonna be extremely happy if you change nova rewards into a bit of skills and make some cheap missions that used to give only an attribute give a few PEDs skill instead, but then go and hack the biggest rewards by of other missions by half. Yes, this is how I think you guys perceive "balance" and I have 8 PE/EU years experience to back that up.

*Little example to refresh memories: auction fee going from flat 1 PED to this percentage crap claiming it'd be better for us and STILL not letting us adjust PEC values of auctions. I guess we all know just how "advantageous" to the community that turned out to be.

Agreed...5k with nova will be switched to some skill rewards and the 10k reward will be lowered...this will even the reward or lower the reward for those 15k kills...just a guess

As to those Furious ppl I mentioned at the Start, I do believe u should be compesated, if not in skills maybe a T-Shirt that says ' I did a 5k Iron Challange and all I got were these Nova's' ;)

Surely I want one...:laugh:

Stamina gains will still exist under the new guidelines.
The question didn't ask if stamina gains would still exist, it asked if the reward for a 10k Iron mission would still be a point of stamina along with some skills.......

Will it?

Also how is it fair that Calypso missions get a 4 month advance notice to complete and Rocktropia missions, i.e. the Catscapades get none.....None of the RT missions were easier than 100 Merp for a point of strength this time around......

The question didn't ask if stamina gains would still exist, it asked if the reward for a 10k Iron mission would still be a point of stamina along with some skills.......

Will it?

aww crap, that just shows how dumb I was to be easily fooled. I thought he said yes to my question... Kim or Charlie can you please answer my original question? Will 10k kills = +1 Stamnia under the new guidelines? I need to know if I am to grind away at mobs as fast as possible to get this Attribute gain...

~Danimal

Will it?

Also how is it fair that Calypso missions get a 4 month advance notice to complete and Rocktropia missions, i.e. the Catscapades get none.....None of the RT missions were easier than 100 Merp for a point of strength this time around......

The 4 month notice is for ALL missions not only Calypso. The reason the Catscapades mission didn't get any notice was because it awarded far to much skills compared to any other mission on any planet.

A before/after list of the missions or at least a couple of examples will probably be provided in the near future.

The 4 month notice is for ALL missions not only Calypso. The reason the Catscapades mission didn't get any notice was because it awarded far to much skills compared to any other mission on any planet.

A before/after list of the missions or at least a couple of examples will probably be provided in the near future.
No comment about stamina? :laugh:

Fair enough....but the RT forum is reporting all missions down not just Catscapades....
is this true? Also will the two stamina that were available still be earnable, but with more difficulty?

Maybe their new strategy is, "if we just ignore the players, maybe they will just go away".

It's looking that way...

~Danimal

Item instead of skills please, and I might actually try and get at least one mission completly done.(I know, I'm dreaming.)

Maybe their new strategy is, "if we just ignore the players, maybe they will just go away".

MA using ostrich strategy?

tumblr_m25o7iggKk1r6fge6.jpg

Granted, at least they've been answering a few things on the thread, so props where props are due, because their history records consist of just tossing the nerf on our face and running away...

In the past I thought MA handled all balancing issues. To me, that would include rewards for missions.

Yet, it seems that Planet Partners control mission rewards and this is MA stepping in to make sure there is some balance. In short, I'm thinking MA wants to make sure that one planet does not make their mission rewards so good that there is a mass exodus to that planet.

I wonder if Cyrene has missions and if their rewards weren't in line with what the other planets have. Perhaps MA is being pro-active in this regard.

As long as we still get the Stamina for 10k I won't complain :)

aww crap, that just shows how dumb I was to be easily fooled. I thought he said yes to my question... Kim or Charlie can you please answer my original question? Will 10k kills = +1 Stamnia under the new guidelines? I need to know if I am to grind away at mobs as fast as possible to get this Attribute gain...

~Danimal

I believe most or all of these stamina points will stay, and it could possibly be a choice for each player to pick stamina + small amount of skill or a larger amount of skill and no stamina on some missions. However missions created from now on may be without attributes. Preferably I would want to keep as many of the current missions as close to what they are now as possible.

However theres also the possibility of new kinds of rewards that could be added to new missions.

I also wanted to clarify something that I read somewhere far back in this thread about changing the structure of the missions for them to work the same way as the Rextelum and Traeskeron mission, this will not be done. The old missions will keep their 1 point/kill, only the rewards for the different stages will change. New missions will however most likely use a point based structure.

Edit: Also you do realise its 4:30 in the morning and I'm still up reading and answering PM's and questions in this thread?

I believe most or all of these stamina points will stay, and it could possibly be a choice for each player to pick stamina + small amount of skill or a larger amount of skill and no stamina on some missions. However missions created from now on may be without attributes. Preferably I would want to keep as many of the current missions as close to what they are now as possible.

However theres also the possibility of new kinds of rewards that could be added to new missions.

I also wanted to clarify something that I read somewhere far back in this thread about changing the structure of the missions for them to work the same way as the Rextelum and Traeskeron mission, this will not be done. The old missions will keep their 1 point/kill, only the rewards for the different stages will change. New missions will however most likely use a point based structure.

Okay, I guess I can live with this, so long as I can still get Stamnia from 10k kills...the second part where you say that you only get skills for some 10k kill rewards scares me though..

If possible could you simply just put the option to have Stamina + Skills for the 10k missions with "Tougher Mobs" and then the option to pick Stamina OR skills from lower end mobs?..

I also agree that the "OLD Style" missions should stay 1kill = 1point incriments vice the Maturity Kill = Points incriment..

~Danimal

Edit: Also you do realise its 4:30 in the morning and I'm still up reading and answering PM's and questions in this thread?

Thank you very much. Considering all the mission fiascoes in round 1 and round 2 of the Rocktropia missions and now this revelation to the Calypso et al. missions, I think it is rather prudent of you to provide good official feedback.

Would it be too much to ask to publish the new rewards so people can allocate their time accordingly? We could then pick and choose which current mission rewards are important enough to ensure we get and which ones we will wait on. I think the community would greatly appreciate it, I know I would. Blindly racing thru missions, putting off other important activities in EU, only to find out I didn't need to ignore other things would be a major let down.
Thanks again......

It's 03:47 where I am... but I do appreciate your help sir :)

~Danimal

Would it be too much to ask to publish the new rewards so people can allocate their time accordingly? We could then pick and choose which current mission rewards are important enough to ensure we get and which ones we will wait on. I think the community would greatly appreciate it, I know I would. Blindly racing thru missions, putting off other important activities in EU, only to find out I didn't need to ignore other things would be a major let down.
Thanks again......

As I said earlier I will try to get such a list done as soon as possible, but the actual re-balancing will have to be done first, perhaps a couple of examples could be provided along the way though.

Anyway I have to sleep now so any further answers from me will have to wait until tomorrow.

As I said earlier I will try to get such a list done as soon as possible, but the actual re-balancing will have to be done first, perhaps a couple of examples could be provided along the way though.

Anyway I have to sleep now so any further answers from me will have to wait until tomorrow.

Yes... For once PLEASE
let ppl know what are you changing and how.
Since ppl will bring the income previously and after the "adjustment" .
let ppl have the choice for once.

I don't think it's a good idea to change things like that, cause the people that have already done some of the crappy missions do get kinda screwed. If anything you should give these people another chance at a reward just because they were this early in and testing new systems. This would encourage more participation from people who have actually been contributing.

Otherwise it actually discourages the use of new systems cause of this constant change, and you do this every single time(health regen, tiering, calypso rebuilds). Instead of making more variations you keep changing what already exists.

I understand that nothing can be done perfectly at the first go and you're just trying to fix some of the injustices in the reward system, but this approach just feels like a minefield and a whole lot of unnecessary collateral damage. It's a tax on being first.

just my 2pec..

I don't think it's a good idea to change things like that, cause the people that have already done some of the crappy missions do get kinda screwed. If anything you should give these people another chance at a reward just because they were this early in and testing new systems. This would encourage more participation from people who have actually been contributing.

Otherwise it actually discourages the use of new systems cause of this constant change, and you do this every single time(health regen, tiering, calypso rebuilds). Instead of making more variations you keep changing what already exists.

I understand that nothing can be done perfectly at the first go and you're just trying to fix some of the injustices in the reward system, but this approach just feels like a minefield and a whole lot of unnecessary collateral damage. It's a tax on being first.

just my 2pec..

make ur words mine pls :)

Fair enough....but the RT forum is reporting all missions down not just Catscapades....
is this true? Also will the two stamina that were available still be earnable, but with more difficulty?

As mentioned before, it is indeed again MR. CAPSLOCK studios unable to apply some common sense and instead giving players MASSIVE unfair advantages on his planet. Mindset of a cheater... this guy will never change - or should i say NEVERCHANGE?

Just let that {censored} go broke with his kinky planet full of half-naked bots and EGO dragons. It will otherwise ruin EU for everyone. People are only playing there because of the unfair advantages, if you nerf it it will be dead (again) in no time.

But hey, i have said that right after ScannerGate and nobody listened - there you go, MA, another wave of players quitting over a PP abusing your naivity - great job. :handjob:

If you have that little control over what a PP puts into his missions/loot you can as well shut down EU altogether - that'll be faster.

People are only playing there because of the unfair advantages.

Bullshit. no one knows what they get untill they have finished the mission if they are some of the first doing the mission.

To get the bonus you had to be in the ZDF army that involves killing 17k zombies which netted me crap loot and 1 global, not so sure how unfair that advantage is.

Then once on the cat mission you still have no idea what the bonus is, i was about 200 mobs away from finishing the mission and still to this day have no idea what the bonus is or was.

Don't even get me started on the 75k mob + strays that get in the way NWO Prison mission, but if you can show me an unfair advantage to the players who went thru that prison i will be truly amazed as it cost an arm and a leg and no one had a clue it was that long and the reward at the end would be well... dissapointing to say the least.

So dont make such ridicolous statements just because you seem to have an issue with the planet owner.

I personally dont think it's fair that players of any skill level should suffer or be negatively treated due to them doing what they are meant to do which is PLAY the game on the contrary i think players who get stuck in and do missions that no one else bothers to do should be looked after not the "i was gonna do that mission before they changed it, now im missing out" town criers.

This mission thing though to me is a joke, they say attributes dont mean much now, of course they don't they stuffed them up aswell, cant even outrun an atrox young anymore, agility does jack shit that's why they are useless ya muppets MA, jesus your hopeless.

On a positive note thankyou MA you are curing my EU addicting one day at a time, cheers lads :)

Last edited:
Status
Back