Mission Rewards Rebalancing

Status
Lol one day at work and already 20 pages added. Not going to read them all, but a big TY to charlie for replying this much in the thread.

Good to see that the mission rewards get more balanced, i wish you a lot of wisdom with doing it right :)

Exactly!

1 agility for what? 100 fouls.. on RT.. I mean... I've skilled naturally up to 70 agility. It's a pain in the ass to see those attributes been giving away like candy. Restrictions are absolutely needed.

I'd prefer skills for each stage completed and attributes in the later mission parts (4-5).

- more skill based rewards: a big fat plus
- bye bye Nova: a big fat plus

there IS a bright side :)

Cheers
BB
why is 1 agility for 100 fouls on RT bad and 1 agility for 100 fouls on Calypso good?

You advertise this to your friends? Are you nuts?
Back in the day I used to advertise this game so much, because everything was possible, it was possible to own great gear.

There are people who started to play this game because I play this, and one thing i refered to with advertising is the emissary program. For now, I am not sure I can really tell anybody "sure, do check this out".

why is 1 agility for 100 fouls on RT bad and 1 agility for 100 fouls on Calypso good?

1 Agility for 100 foul is not bad. 2 Agility for 200 fouls? Thats a bit questionable. 10 Agility for 1000 fouls, all killed on 10 different planets in 100 increments? That would be terrible.

Balancing for a universe should not unbalance Calypso though. I guess if SDS had lived. all shared mobs on calypso would have received the Shinkiba treatment. Now we are stuck, worse than before.

Thanks for giving us 4 months notice to do as many Iron / IFN challenges as possible.

It's longer than we were given when the laser amps and auction fee changes were pre-announced.

Hopefully I'll get as much done as possible in that time.

Thanks for giving us 4 months notice to do as many Iron / IFN challenges as possible.

It's longer than we were given when the laser amps and auction fee changes were pre-announced.

Hopefully I'll get as much done as possible in that time.

Why? :scratch2:

For attributes?

I thought it was established they are worthless... :rolleyes:

Exactly! We should make a thread to list all these missions in an easy to hard order so we can work through the list as far as possible until August.

I thought it was established they are worthless... :rolleyes:

According to the misinterpretation of what Charlie posted, yeah :coffee:

I really don't remember the amp nerf being pre-announced anywhere. Even Marco used to hide from the community back then, and he posted once or twice in EF per year, tops.

So dont make such ridicolous statements just because you seem to have an issue with the planet owner.

Ridiculous statements, eh? I just picked up what others have posted here before me (among them one Calypso official) - but there will be always someone who doesn't get it, i reckon... easier to blame the messenger, eh? Good friends with ND, i take it? Just look at the following quote:

The reason the Catscapades mission didn't get any notice was because it awarded far to much skills compared to any other mission on any planet.
(emphasis in red/bold by me)

I have no issue with ND, never met him, nor do i wish to ever meet him. My personal opinion about ND is something between pity and dismay about the way he presents himself - but that sure as hell didn't play a role in this conclusion:

This Drama has been brought to you by the creators of ScannerGate™

A production of NEVERDIE STUDIOS®​

Nice find, would rep you if I could.

Well, at least it shows MA has changed it's ways a bit, back then Marco just delivered the shitstorm and disappeared, at least this time the MA guys actually bothered to reply and listen to us a bit.

Not that I think I'll like where this is going anyway, though. Like Akbar, I just can't understand how they have to rebalance their own missions after several years have passed which were designed by themselves and made before any others and thus should have set the standard to begin with.

I guess the only way to make this fair would be to only apply these new standards to new missions, and if not, at least allow ppl who got nova rewards to claim the new rewards.

Last edited:
Every game needs some balancing eventually be it minor or major. So I personally don't see why EU shouldn't be any different and yes it will affect every player in some way. Plenty of other online games have been balanced several times over the years in one way or another. There's always the minority that winge and complain about it some get over it and most just enjoy what is offered and ADAPT.

Even though I have completed Iron Missions for some mobs that this balancing will affect I look forward to the changes to other missions I will complete in the future.

MA you have my support... :)

Entropedia actually has an extensive collection of VU rel notes in the VU chart.

I know, but your quoted post was a reply to Huskie saying he didn't recall the playerbase being given advanced notice of the laser amp changes.

As you can see it was a VU 8.7 PREVIEW

Im rather looking forward to the changes....

Ive completed 4 of the iron mission chains completely including 3 bronze levels. merp, molisk, argonaut, steel birds.

Those were the ones that i deemed the reward worth it for my time, and my ped card.

There are a few more that im on the edge of doing but haven't committed to yet. Other then longtooth, which i wanted to finish but didn't have enough time the last migration(just did the first 2 levels).

And then there are a lot of them i have deemed FAR too expensive to bother with. I dont own the high dps weapons that would make them sane to tackle.

After completing the above irons/bronzes i did almost all the kill 100s for the attributes and just to putz around killing whatever. I didn't do spiders, neconu, kreletin, aurli.

Then i stopped with the iron missions, i have all the kill 500s open and about halfway through most of them. But the rewards don't really interest me for the time spent. Killing 100 for an attribute was worth it, but killing1500 more for the next one wasn't enough reward for me. And the kill 5000s felt horribly slow since i knew there was no reward at all.

The current rewards are imbalanced. You kill 100 and get an decent reward, 1 attrib. Then you kill 6500 and get some nova fragments and another attribute, then you kill 10000 more and get a decent skill reward, and then 10000 more and you get a lesser skill reward. There is currently a huge imbalance between kill 100 and the next 3 tiers. The kill 10000s are pretty much ok across the board. The bronze rewards are too weak tho, you put in more effort then the iron 10k for less reward.

So, with the prospect of the kill 500s, and 5000s becoming better(especially the 500s and 5000s) i may very well pick up a and finish these missions. And ill probably stop there, assuming that the rewards for the 10ks go down and move to the 500s and 5000s.

I'm assuming the kill 100s will be nerfed and attributes removed, replaced with a tiny skill reward. The kill 500s will get a small skill reward. The kill 1000s will probably retain their attributes. The kill 5000s will get a decent skill reward. And the kill 10000s double that. I dont think the kill 10000 reward should be touched at all. The bronze ones could use a boost tho. I wouldn't touch the stamina values at kill 10000s.

If that's what they do ill be fine with that.

------------

This should have been done awhile ago. But i fear you are still ignoring one more balance issue that needs to be done. And im sure ill get hate for this one.

Attribute rewards that remain, need to be balanced. +1 attribute for a noob is not the same reward as +1 for a uber skilled. They should NOT be +1 they should be +attribue skill value like the skills. IE 0.1 to someone with 100, 1 to someone with say 90, and 10 to someone with 20.(pure example pulled out of the air with no mathematical basis) This should have been done from the start, and its a shame it wasn't done correctly back then.

With the exception of stamina. As its not a skill you can earn normally. Its for the most part a quantity less value, +1 is equal for all. Tho one could get into an argument that +1 stamina means more to someone with less hp then someone with more hp, or vice versa depending what you fight....but its a hell of a lot more fair then +1 agility for instance.

Hell you could probably remove all the kill 100s attribs and replace with +1 stamina at the 5000 level and everyone would be happy. Assuming it was retroactive.

Last edited:
No, this is not necessarily a "nerf" to all missions.

In general there will be a heavier focus on skill rewards rather than attributes, or mission tokens.

I do believe that skill rewards is in most cases, at least to low/mid level players much more valuable than attributes or Mission tokens. Also I know many are hesitant to complete missions that reward attributes because they want to get their attributes high before earning any through missions. This can actually prevent new players from reaching higher attribute levels because they gained a lot of points from missions while their attributes where still easy to obtain through normal activity.

You said it.

But what of those of us who just spent 2 years trying to do precisely that? Because we do want to get to 100 eventually And who still haven't reached the recommended level 80?

We now have to prematurely rush through as many missions as possible before the attribute nerf comes in, in order to rescue our investment ... in some measure. And just to rub salt in the wounds, as we put this into action, we'll know that we're sacrificing some nice skill rewards that we might have had instead of those damned blazars

Yep it's sad that some noobs who couldn't be arsed with researching the game, or who didn't want to listen to older players went and collected a bunch of attributes too soon. And its pretty silly that attributes were offered for noob missions in the first place.

But now those hasty noobs have the last laugh on us don't they? They now have those attributes while we don't; all because we did the research and sensibly waited, silly us.

I do applaud most of the changes, but it;s really hard on those of us who tried to make the most of the system as it was. And I don;t think we should be penalised like this for doing so.

How about offering a choice between the new reward and old rewards for a realistic period of time after the change (at least a year, preferably 2 or 3 )so that people who planned on collecting the attributes later rather than sooner will still have the chance to do so.

This system was vaunted as an opportunity for newer (post skill-nerf) players to catch up with the ubers when it first came out. However, give the proposed changes it 's now set to turn into the opposite. The ubers went straight out to do all the mission, having no reason to wait, whilst most of the rest of us hung back. The net result is that the attribute gap has actually widened. Well done!

jay

Last edited:
You said it.

But what of those of us who just spent 2 years trying to do precisely that? Because we do want to get to 100 eventually And who still haven't reached the recommended level 80?

We now have to prematurely rush through as many missions as possible before the attribute nerf comes in, in order to rescue our investment ... in some measure. And just to rub salt in the wounds, as we put this into action, we'll know that we're sacrificing some nice skill rewards that we might have had instead of those damned blazars

Yep it's sad that some noobs who couldn't be arsed with researching the game, or who didn't want to listen to older players went and collected a bunch of attributes too soon. And its pretty silly that attributes were offered for noob missions in the first place.

But now those hasty noobs have the last laugh on us don't they? They now have those attributes while we don't; all because we did the research and sensibly waited, silly us.

I do applaud most of the changes, but it;s really hard on those of us who tried to make the most of the system as it was. And I don;t think we should be penalised like this for doing so.

How about offering a choice between the new reward and old rewards for a realistic period of time after the change (at least a year, preferably 2 or 3 )so that people who planned on collecting the attributes later rather than sooner will still have the chance to do so.

This system was vaunted as an opportunity for newer (post skill-nerf) players to catch up with the ubers when it first came out. However, give the proposed changes it 's now set to turn into the opposite. The ubers went straight out to do all the mission, having no reason to wait, whilst most of the rest of us hung back. The net result is that the attribute gap has actually widened. Well done!

jay

I agree with you on these points, however this does not change the fact that they will change the current system. Which is why I had started my petition thread to at least keep one of the more decent attributes throughout all mission 10k kills vs just on some of the "Tougher Mobs"..

~Danimal

my little opinions about:

1)maybe is true the missions are not balanced, then the question is: what the MA coders, balance team, CEO or whatever were doing during making them? watching the last episode of Lost?????
2)in any case i found more convenient to buy skills in auction (in case) that waste my time in killing 10.000 feffoids. Probably i have a more intense private life the the average entropia player.
3) in any case you all will accept that change too, like you always did, after all entropia is dynamic right?. You can just close all these discussions.
DC

my little opinions about:
2)in any case i found more convenient to buy skills in auction (in case) that waste my time in killing 10.000 feffoids. Probably i have a more intense private life the the average entropia player.
DC

This was the point I was trying to relay across... why do Iron missions if I am not going to get the stamnia at the end of the 10k? i.e. Traskeron and Punies...and now with this new policy we possibly see an additional cut to stamnia from other mobs to include the other attributes..

~Danimal

I think that this will be great, and for you complaining about things like: "But now noobs can never catch up to their attributes!" "My attributes are worthless now, buhu" etc.

1. They never said that they will remove attributes skill gain, maybe mostly on the kill 100 merp part, and that's only fair to my understanding.

2. They said that they will remove the nova fragments (ISN'T THAT WHAT WE ALL WANTED?):scratch2:

3. No, the attributes aren't completely worthless now just because one guy said that 1 attribute is almost nothing compared to 30-50 ped worth of skill (which is true) Agility still gives speed, Strenght still gives more capacity etc.

And for all the ubers, what are you complaining for? You have already gained the attributes you wanted. (If you really were doing all these missions) And yes you will gain stamina still! And if you really want to help the newcomers in this game, let them have this good update, since they will gain more skill which is needed.

If you think everyone's goal is to compete with the ubers then you're quite wrong, because most of us want to have a good time in the game, have fun and do it our own way and not follow others paths and try to be the nr.1 gamer. Most of us can't even afford dreaming of it.

The thing about these threads that upset me the most is that people aren't ready for change, but they still demand it. And when they change to something that IS good for the people, they choose to complain about something else and ignore the positive about it.

~Jesper

Last edited:
Most of us are not complaining re. change but trying to ensure that change is fair to people before it's too late to have our say. NVM if your personal opinion is that attributes are worthless, there are still a LOT of people who spent a lot of time and PED building up their attributes "naturally" and meantime saved up the mission attibute gains because they DON'T see attributes as worthless. Riding roughshod over those ppl is not the way to earn players trust, is it? It might be your turn yet.

And we are not talking of ubers here, but low to mid-level players. Those are the people who tried this policy, and who trusted MA to see that they would get their reward in the end

I think I better repeat my practical suggestion:

What is wrong with that? Then players have all the benefits of new system, if they want them. But they can still bring the plans they already heavily invested in to completion, if that is their preference

I'm with Jaywalker on this. The attribute gains represent a reward that can allow something unavailable through any other means. Whether people desire/appreciate that possibility is what's coloring their responses to the possibility the attributes will be modified/removed.

So to reiterate: there's no other way to get any attribute above 90-100, or stamina above whatever it is now, without these missions.

PS Hell no on the make stamina normally skillable. They've found IMO a suitable way to increase it, they just need to leave that as is and make sure the PP missions aren't flooded with too many swampcamp mission-type gains. That and make it affect regen or something. :)

its funny that ppl keep complaining about not getting "uber" cuz of this change...

what about the fact that you gain more skills after this.
who cares about having 70 agi if you get to 300k skills faster go catch up to the "ubers".

every one talks about total skills and wanting to get to lvl 100 to max UL weapons and how they will properly get that faster and they still complain.

seems some ppl just want to complain .... they will never be happy lol

its funny that ppl keep complaining about not getting "uber" cuz of this change...

what about the fact that you gain more skills after this.
who cares about having 70 agi if you get to 300k skills faster go catch up to the "ubers".

every one talks about total skills and wanting to get to lvl 100 to max UL weapons and how they will properly get that faster and they still complain.

seems some ppl just want to complain .... they will never be happy lol

Too busy with the smug, superior sniping to get the point, aren't we?

People have invested heavily in skilling up attributes fast, because they want those attributes to count for something when they finally do the missions. The changes are good ,in many ways, but after delaying the changes for so long, and letting people think the old system was permanent, MA really do owe those people something by now

If MA take the trouble to listen, they can actually please everybody by giving us a choice.

But no, let's not try to get them to them to see that, lets just lol at each other, rubbish each others' POV, and make cheap jibes, as usual. That is sooo much more constructive isn't it?

well its a fact that this game changes all the time and we "have" to accpet it.

i joined in 2004 and have never looted anything uber eventho they dropped back then but that doesnt mean that MA owes me that.... its just how the game is

i havent finished any 10k missions yet cuz i also worked on many instead of staying on 1-2 missions, now ill just have to accept that the reward might change.
but no one knows if it will be for the worse or for the good, but ppl just complain about a "nerf" even tho they dont know what will happen.

Status
Back