Mister Calypso 2012

Maybe more lag due to scanning, otherwise there wont be any consequences, and wont have any impact on your scores from the judges :) I will try to provide the info I have to David, and if only a few people will send the forms, he will be scanning like on Miss :)

TJ:bandit:

So shall me and my sis cause some more lag? LOL! We will come both either as visitors or as dancers ... if you allow us :)

So shall me and my sis cause some more lag? LOL! We will come both either as visitors or as dancers ... if you allow us :)

Juan... how can you say no to dancers?? o_O

Radio Station coverage

Can you please confirm the radio station that are covering the event (and thus the reason for the forms).

People are asking me and I would like to pass the correct information.

Many thanks

Rick

Can you please confirm the radio station that are covering the event (and thus the reason for the forms).

People are asking me and I would like to pass the correct information.

Many thanks

Rick

David Westmoreland from Atlas Haven Radio :) But not sure the forms will be used, as many contestants chose to ignore them so far... We will probably do it like on Miss, where David scanned the contestants before entering the catwalk...

People might not realize this, but this does cause lag, but to have the event covered live on the radio requires some information so that the DJ can describe what the avatars are wearing :)

Some contestants crashed during Miss due to this, and I am certain some will crash on Mister Calypso.
I am just trying to make the event better... thats all :)

Last edited:
Sign me up please full name avatar
Percy Percy Merewether

I cant wait to watch the show. GL everyone.
almost 10 hours away till show time :)

participate

I'm in :) johannes raxxor SWE

Whoah! Crashed just before the start of the event!

Nice crashfest. X-D
The competition was good too! :laugh:

a gz to the winners, and a middle finger to the judges

Great event and great outfits !! :cool:

Big gratz to the winners :)

Gz to everyone who made the effort to take part and the guts to get up there and do it ! :D

Loving the purple ;) - made my *knight* :cheer:

Thanks for the event!

Was fun, but in all honesty I don't think last years winners should be allowed to win this year... To allow others to win also!

A big thanks to Cuilwen who filmed it ! :yay:

http://www.livestream.com/xfire_cuilwen

Was fun, but in all honesty I don't think last years winners should be allowed to win this year... To allow others to win also!

A big thanks to Cuilwen who filmed it ! :yay:

http://www.livestream.com/xfire_cuilwen

I agree with this also, should not be allowed to enter if they won 1st place and have to skip a year if they were 2nd or 3rd place.:girl:

Ill say this first...
I did see outfits better than mine and I am not saying I necessarily deserved to win, but I WILL call bullshit on the points that were awarded.

Now for the ranting :cussing:

Am I really the only damn one who sees the same bullshit happening every f*cking year? Just because you have pretty things dont mean you should win a fashion contest... you should.... oh i dont know... be fashionable? Ok, you have SGA stuff, great you have a 50,000 PED item, awesome you have a VERY expensive texture on that particular piece of clothing.... but if you dont look good in it, you shouldnt get points.... am I the only one who thinks the judges are biased and/or pressured to vote for the most popular guy rather than the best-dressed/best-looking?

If we are just looking for an excuse to give more UnL shit to big spenders, fine, but dont mask it in the form of a bullshit contest that no ordinary player with talent has a chance of winning.

I said my piece, got that off my chest, bring on the flames. :vampire:

My Screenies

Got some screenies for the benefit of those unable to attend, or those lagging too much to see what was going on:

Casual:

Omega

Cerberus

Zal

Darth Boobie

Nightmare

Freyr

Rick England

Magam

Clark Kent

Percy Percy Merewether

Chuck Caly Rocknroll

John Black Knight

Full Metal Gear

Omega

James Bling Cash

Cerberus

Zal

Darth Boobie

Screenies continue over the page, here

Last edited:
I agree with this also, should not be allowed to enter if they won 1st place and have to skip a year if they were 2nd or 3rd place.:girl:

I don't think anyone who has won should be able to compete again. But that's just me :rolleyes:

I wasn't at the event Nightmare, but I must agree with you. If the judging was based on popularity and gear, or just had a hint of it, it is not fair to the other contestants. I can't know for sure, whether they won because of this, or their fashion.

But I really don't like the fact, that it's the same winners as earlier! Should be a rule here :wise:

Peace out!

I don't think anyone who has won should be able to compete again. But that's just me :rolleyes:

2nd and 3rd place deserve a chance to win 1st place too but should not be in consecutive contests so the event gives others a chance to get in top 3 places too.:)

Was very fun event.
I also agree winners from previous year shouldnt be able to win again. Giving others a chance!

I placed 4th, and this is my first time competing i tried hard to be creative matching my outfit to my characters name which i dont think many can do. Also hunted for all my texture.

But like they say rich will get richer.

P.S a guy that owns a clothing store.. deals with many kinds of clothing... does clothing for business and has unlimited amount of things always around him. SHOULD win the competition (oh.. right he did)

this been said he probably should not be in the same category as people that dont spend all day looking at outfits like he does.

not a rant just my honest opinion.
gj everyone but i dont think i will do this again. I dont have SGA clothing..

Was very fun event.
I also agree winners from previous year shouldnt be able to win again. Giving others a chance!

I placed 4th, and this is my first time competing i tried hard to be creative matching my outfit to my characters name which i dont think many can do. Also hunted for all my texture.

But like they say rich will get richer.

P.S a guy that owns a clothing store.. deals with many kinds of clothing... does clothing for business and has unlimited amount of things always around him. SHOULD win the competition (oh.. right he did)

this been said he probably should not be in the same category as people that dont spend all day looking at outfits like he does.

One of the main reasons for the contest is also to help boost this area of the economy too.:laugh:

A person who meets all these criteria should also look the best in order to win.

EDIT: And it is my opinion that just because you have shiny things doesnt mean you should be given more shiny things.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons for the contest is also to help boost this area of the economy too.:laugh:

might boost this part of the economy more if more people were trying to win instead of thinking the guy with the clothing store will win or the winner from last year will win so why bother. I knew a few others i thought should enter and when i suggested it to them that was the response i got.

Got some screenies for the benefit of those unable to attend, or those lagging too much to see what was going on:

Casual:

Omega

Cerberus

Zal

Darth Boobie

Nightmare

Freyr

Rick England

Magam

Clark Kent

Percy Percy Merewether

Chuck Caly Rocknroll

John Black Knight

Full Metal Gear

Omega

James Bling Cash

Cerberus

Zal

Darth Boobie

Uploading in progress, more screenies on the way in a few minutes :)
Did you take photos of all participants

If I had been judge, I might have voted for Cerberus and Omega... then again, I'm quite biased towards goth fashion, so...

Though I appreciate Freyr's standing as a fashion designer, I believe his color palette is way too garish... then again, I'm quite biased towards goth fashion, so...

I loved Zal's fiery display. ^_^ then again, wait...

Weee Mr. Calypso,.

Thanks to all for coming, Thanks to TJ for holding the event, the Judges for votes and thanks to all others for joining.
Its too bad we cant all be winners or judged the way we think we are supposed to.

Judges are also people and they also have their particular tastes in clothes and color mixes.
I agree that a winner should give someone else a chance too. therefor I will not join next year. lol do i dare judge ?
I also think that a 2nd or 3rd place should be allowed to join again. Everyone that didnt win Mr / Miss Calypso should have another chance.

This beeing a fashion event, I think people should be judges on how fashionable their clothes are.
No matter if the clothes,colors or textutes are cheap or expensive, its about the total look of the set, textures and colors should match and complement each other.
I think i proved my point by using normal available items,colors and textures and pixie in the Metal Gear round.

I saw very nice sets, and I didnt see my favorites ending in top3.
I had fun, I hope to see cool outfits next year.

Thanks all,
Freyr

Back