MMORPG and Virtual World Platform Provider MindArk Completes Online Games Study Contract for European Space Agency (PR Newswi

same article, different site :silly2:

First Planet Company did not have anything to do with this either, we're busy as it is, trust me on that one!

Busy doing...? ;) c'mon, tell us how many people you got on all the different projects/systems/etc :yay: lol

...First Planet Company did not have anything to do with this either, we're busy as it is, trust me on that one!
I wish I could; a LOT of time passed since VU 10, yet a lot of old features are not back.

...So to answer your question, if this somehow slowed down Planet Calypso the answer is; No, it did not...
Hmmm... I'm not sure about this one either; the team assigned to this project was just hired? Everything is related to FPC right now, since it's the only major source of income, so every other project will detract from work/resources being allocated to the main scope of EU.

Everything is related to FPC right now, since it's the only major source of income, so every other project will detract from work/resources being allocated to the main scope of EU.

Eh... actually, MindArk has to fix stuff related to new systems, planet partners, etc too... and this is definitly related to partner relation stuff, so it is a good investment for the future :scratch2:

IMO you do not think far enough ahead with that post :) remember, even though FPC is the only major source of income (that we know of) at the moment, they HAVE to make sure everything runs smoothly for when the others come :wise:

Busy doing...? ;) c'mon, tell us how many people you got on all the different projects/systems/etc :yay: lol

Bring in vehicles to compete with their upcoming competition was the last I heard and saw Marco talking about.

I think getting the outstanding completed is more important than trying to compete with another unreleased RCE MMO game service.

How can you compete on just going for the next big thing when half your other systems are missing still with clients who have invested their money are waiting and getting tired of doing so.

This cause would create a similar effect to what is outlined here:

LINK > http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9010&postcount=14

Which mind you, changing around a few of the variables and taking in consioderation that planet Calypso being the first planet "flagship" owned by MA;

Will be the reference point to which the European Space Agency will performance monitor & breakdown the pros and cons of taking the next step with MindArk.

Having a similar effect on assessment as the outcome with NASA.

It would be utter rubbish to say that this assessment would not heavily influence the decision making process of the ESA.

No matter how hard MA tries to sweep FPC and Calypso under the carpet and lay blame with their newly divided team - The history is all laid out, even here on EF will a little effort to review.

Chop chop, back to work MA & FPC :whip:

Yes I know you love your thornly reminder.
A prick of reality only hurts until the job is done properly ;)

Last edited:
And insight I will provide! :)

Thanks for info Hanne.

Could you give me a reference to where the results of this study appear in. I assume they must have published a paper in a refereed journal/magazine or website etc...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITUSDHLlBNs[/YOUTUBE]​
:scratch2:MENTORING where did i hear that before....

but it looks they dont need pets, beacons and mindforce in this education universe...

thx for info berta :D

A. IIRC, Jupiter wasn't at a large enough apparent diameter for Europa. From Europa, Jupiter should appear as a huge portion of the sky when visible.

B. HA! SEE? What did I tell you guys? HELMETED ARMOR IS SUPPOSED TO BE SPACEWORTHY!

C. Guess we know what the real push behind the embryonic mission system was now. :)

D. Definitely some elements left over from the MA NASA/Mars attempt.

E. The overall feel of what I saw reminded me of my days of playing Activision's Battle Zone, which included several missions on Europa.

F. It looked like an interesting environment to visit! Hey Marco, how about an Ice moon around Hypnos in the Omega 16 Reticulum system? That planet isn't terribly dissimilar to a Jupiter style Gas giant.

Last edited:
Wait, we're all just test subjects? :eek:

MindArk PE AB, developer and publisher of Entropia Universe and Entropia Platform, announced today that a study on the use of online game technology for space-related purposes has been completed.

More...

News feed provided by Yahoo! News.

...But I eat hotdogs and drink Beer. I dont want to go into orbit :laugh:

I like the film they made with esa to find a way to people know more about space and telecom or engineering in a very basic way but i miss something more creative with some reward for the people. ;)

:yay: So when it appears a robot invader spaceship to put more action on theese film ? it could be a copy of the spacecraft that its suposed to be on the area 51 on the US. Its gonna be funny. ;) or maybe they can put some new alien monsters of these planet or begin a spacewar over there. lol

[YOUTUBE]ITUSDHLlBNs[/YOUTUBE]

I wonder how long it will be before this ends up on youtube with the correct sounds that go with all the gestures. :silly2:

Also would be funny to know if all of the sounds will be edited to not make the students sound like they have speech disorders.
:D

I noticed that they never sat in the film. They have not fixed it fully in EU either.
:mad:

Sent news tips to fz.se :)

I really like the moon place and it was really an instructive video.
Great job, I like it :)

Very cool on all levels. :)

I kept expecting an Aurli Ravager to come charging out and grab a student by the head.:laugh:

I kept expecting an Aurli Ravager to come charging out and grab a student by the head.:laugh:

That would be AWESOME.

Though it looks like they're all wearing angel armour, so they may survive a hit or two :p

Aurli love student....with french wine :)

Nice video MA/FPC! Now we all know what you guys are doing instead of bringing back the old contents (beacons, mentor, mind force, pets...) :D

A pretty good 'commercial' for the entropia universe platform, and ofcourse smart to have a party as ESA as a partner :).

Cool :)
I would not be to suprised if it is the Mexican part of MA behind this.

I wish I could; a LOT of time passed since VU 10, yet a lot of old features are not back.

Hmmm... I'm not sure about this one either; the team assigned to this project was just hired? Everything is related to FPC right now, since it's the only major source of income, so every other project will detract from work/resources being allocated to the main scope of EU.

I would have to agree with these 2 statements ... as well as what Lavawalker said about Calypso being the "flagship" planet, and how MA has handled its development. Having the technology is one thing, but implementing it on time and properly is another. I think the ESA stuff is exciting, and certainly has educational benefits, but I don't think some are applying enough critical thinking to this.

Specifically ... if MA had a history of delivering content, systems, and features properly tested without recurring bugs and new bugs that often seem to take forever to fix, not to mention the ongoing issues with downloading updates, then perhaps we could be quite ecstatic about this venture, but ... history has shown that MA continues to fall short no matter what kind of new content/feature/distraction they give us ... it's all recorded at this forum and elsewhere. I wonder if ESA did any kind of review of their own, or just took MA's word for what they could deliver.

Which brings me to ... separate development teams. Since this has been verified, then I wonder what the caliber of team members is on the special project team, considering what we get delivered by the other team. We get stuff, and some things get fixed, but the facts are facts with regard to quality (other than great graphics), and many things have suffered at the hands of MA ... especially the players, plain and simple.

*I took my purple-colored glasses off a long time ago!*

Eh... actually, MindArk has to fix stuff related to new systems, planet partners, etc too... and this is definitly related to partner relation stuff, so it is a good investment for the future :scratch2:

IMO you do not think far enough ahead with that post :) remember, even though FPC is the only major source of income (that we know of) at the moment, they HAVE to make sure everything runs smoothly for when the others come :wise:

Well Nighthawk ... are you really that blind to MA's history? :scratch2: Many in this community would really question quality control when it comes to fixing stuff and making sure everything runs smooth ... that just doesn't seem to be standard operational procedure for MA. Yes, they have fixed stuff, but do you honestly think they have delivered their product properly? :scratch2:

*I swear, you're either a politician, or you work for MA* :laugh:

When will they ban the NewsBot? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Am I the only one that noticed the voice chat in this demo ......

nice video but good the nice developers focus on THE GAME!!!!!
i saw so many thing EU good be so wh not focus on that first then do fancy esa demos

And insight I will provide! :)

Basically the part of MindArk that have been working on this project are indeed a seperate division of MindArk to those that are working with reimplementation of old systems and Calypso.
First Planet Company did not have anything to do with this either, we're busy as it is, trust me on that one!

So to answer your question, if this somehow slowed down Planet Calypso the answer is; No, it did not.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

(Phew, tried posting this a couple of times but EF crashed on me! Excuse the delay :))

I'm seriously amazed at how STUPID some people are that

1. Hanne needed to say this
2. people still don't believe it after.

This is why FPC sometimes doesn't even bother to say because they are damned by these morons either way.

First

the Video says MINDARK MINDARK MINDARK nowhere does it say FPC.

Second
You bitch about FEATURES missing. FPC is NOT in charge of Features like mindforce or taming. they are in charge of Content. They make the World and the Missions NOTHING ELSE get that threw your thick skulls.

So in other words if you see like a floating teleporter or rock out of place something VISUALLY wrong or maybe a creature doesn't sound right then you complain to FPC.

If you dont like the mechanics of mining or the interface known as the ENTROPIA Platform you complain to MA.

FPC is NO different then Rocktropia or Next Island or Cryene you wouldn't go asking them where the next feature is they all make worlds and content they dont code the interface or plantform.

Sorry if i sound like a broken record saying the same thing over and over but it seems like some people just don't get it.

that all aside no back on topic this stuff looks really cool and watching the video I want to try playing that so i really hope this gets implemented and soon. I think i could have fun playing this with my daughter and her learn some things too.

Back