MMORPG and Virtual World Platform Provider MindArk Completes Online Games Study Contract for European Space Agency (PR Newswi

The difference, Mindstar, is that this time MindArk are working for another company, or in this case an agency (not for profit may I add) who ask them to manufacture something to specification.
If MindArk don't deliver then they don't get paid, end of.

We, however, are merely end user customers and we still pay, even when things are crap. We did not ask MindArk too make EU to our specification, we just funded it, voluntarily.

I see this as being two completely different issues that you are merging into one point.

Good job MindArk, I hope it works out for you and that you make some money while working with this organisation whom aims for the betterment of our humanity as a whole.

At last, really good news from Mindark! Congratulations! spacial study and space research really is the future! And in some way, now we are part of that future :)

:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

i want to see real-time communication brought into Plan Cal as shown here. why haven't we got it already?

First

the Video says MINDARK MINDARK MINDARK nowhere does it say FPC.

Who primarily generated and still generates the revenue solely for MindArk from day dot to this day in time ?

Second
You bitch about FEATURES missing. FPC is NOT in charge of Features like mindforce or taming. they are in charge of Content. They make the World and the Missions NOTHING ELSE get that threw your thick skulls.

Again,

Who primarily generated and still generates the revenue solely for MindArk from day dot to this day in time ?

Laying blame with FPC is fine, their decision to divide the company and say half your revenue now belongs to us is fine too;

However at the end of the day it is us who they have taken a SHITLOAD from in return% with LITTLE RETURN in payment of the service rendered.

So in other words if you see like a floating teleporter or rock out of place something VISUALLY wrong or maybe a creature doesn't sound right then you complain to FPC.

Do you realise that 85%+ of the issues waiting to be fixed are entirely up to
MA MA MA MA not FPC FPC FPC FPC.

If you dont like the mechanics of mining or the interface known as the ENTROPIA Platform you complain to MA.

And most posting here are, myself included to get their flagship planet back on track which is likely to be the primary assessment point for any partner with nous such as NASA or the ESA.

eg. As I responded to you earlier:

Lavawalker said:
RexDameon said:
why did david post this?

duh look out PA here comes another newb rush as "There.com" users go find a new home one that will be around forever. so lets try and take care of these people they could be a real bump and asset to Entropia.

i.e. head over to the There forums and point them here.

Chop chop, off you go then.

Something many of us would have done if MA:

• Did not promise the world and rarely ever deliver,
  • Stopped procrastinating and put systems that are still missing back in place, including Mindforce & Mentoring to support the basic "try before you buy" newcomer activities to see if their is actually any value in becoming involved in the Entropia RCE environment.
  • Did not say something then do something different.
  • Did not try and pass off Entropia as a free-2-play game like www.mytheongame.com or www.perfectworld.com where it is actually free to play and players have the option to purchase additional currency add on packs to enhance their gameplay.
  • Did not screw around with players investments such as shops, hangars, land-area remodeling as if they owned it after they sold it off to their partiicipating clients with the obligation to now to ethically support these virtual assets they no longer legally own having sold them.
  • Had an events system that was stable and servers which did not fall over left, right and center.
  • Etc.

I could write a post several screen lengths, but I think you get the point.

Please do not ask the players to promote a crippled service of which the service provider (MindArk & FPC) has in many cases greatly damaged trust and confidence in their operation and reputation of investment into it.

It will only bring more harm than good to the opinion of the broader gaming community about Entropia.

As much as I like Entropia, MindArk and FPC has a lot of growing up to do in operating an ethical and responsible financial services business before I would even dare to "further" put my reputation on the line to promote their service more than I already have in the past.

Not directed at you Rex, just stating how many feel at present.

Once major improvement and reform comes about, it will be a different story.

It must suck to be David @ MA and to feel the need to ask the players to once again bullshit about Entropia to lure new people to Entropia rather than knowing that this would be a natural act done if the players where confident & satisfied with the service, even on its most fundermental systems level.

Reality bites and it hurts all of us who are involved with Entropia at present.

Never the less, it seems like you will be a busy Mentor.

I wish you the best of luck with the task at hand.

Being a fanboi is one thing Rex,

However being totally naive to what is going on and where the responsibility lays for current outstanding issues people are complaining about in saying get it through your thick skulls just makes you look like a dick.

Well .... join the party, I am on the other side of the fence being a dick too, being REAL about the situation as a fanboi of Entropia in an attempt to get them to see straight or get glasses if they can't.

Sure business development on new opportunities is fantastic, but seriously why bother if your efforts will ultimately lead to an EPIC FAIL each time not having addressed the other outstanding.

Oh but they say we are at the same time.

Fucking bullshit, they need to focus resources to get them addressed first and satisfaction back in order before distributing resources WE PAID FOR into action to develop new business avenues successfully - One that will lead somewhere other than a dead end.

FPC is NO different then Rocktropia or Next Island or Cryene you wouldn't go asking them where the next feature is they all make worlds and content they dont code the interface or plantform.

Sorry if i sound like a broken record saying the same thing over and over but it seems like some people just don't get it.

What your not getting and believe me most do get it is:

Who provides their salaries, puts food on their table and fuel in their cars.

US ! Calypso participants.

We do not care if they want to restructure their organisation !!

^^ That is their choice and should not effect their clients at all.

As long as they:

• Take full ownership & responsibility for what needs to be addressed.
  • Address it in an adequate timeframe.
  • Completes that which needs to be addressed to a satisfactory level with quality checks in place as outlined by MS9 in her post.

^^ All things that are NOT happening

So about that thick skull everyone has, you were saying about laying blame with this insight at hand ?

Keeping in mind, MA owns FPC and pays their salaries as a MindGroup company.

The point being, do you think any potential partner is going to take the next step with this demonstration of lack of business competence on behalf of the MindArk "MindGroup as a whole" with the "flagship" world and company FPC with what has come to pass and what is still waiting to pass.

Seriously, epic LOL! & FAIL! is all that will come of it "if" this present-day path continues to be travelled and "dragged out" by them.

Last edited:
FPC is NO different then Rocktropia or Next Island or Cryene you wouldn't go asking them where the next feature is they all make worlds and content they dont code the interface or plantform.

Yes i would. Ultimately, if I was playing on their planets, I would be their client, not MA's client... So i would complain to MY service provider... If they had to pass that complaint to MA or not, is not my problem... In my eyes (client eyes) they are whom is providing the service to me, not MA...

As things stand, I feel I am an FPC client. So i complain to FPC... It's their job to make sure things run smoothly... In order to do that they may need to go bit MA's boots. I dont know, and I shouldnt need to know or even care...

Eh... actually, MindArk has to fix stuff related to new systems, planet partners, etc too... and this is definitly related to partner relation stuff, so it is a good investment for the future :scratch2:

IMO you do not think far enough ahead with that post :) remember, even though FPC is the only major source of income (that we know of) at the moment, they HAVE to make sure everything runs smoothly for when the others come :wise:
Please forgive me for being shortsighted; I agree somewhat with you, BUT:
- you don't prepare for the future by alienating the current player base;
- what kind of "investment for the future" is this? To show you you that it will take ages to fix bugs? To show you that you don't actually care about your older player-base?
You can still :scratch2: while assuming you're :wise: all you want; no matter which way you look at this, it's still a mess.

next step for MA

i guess we will be wareing vigi on the moon....

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindArkPEAB

:)

ESA Highlights Online Games As Key Future Technology

To illustrate the feasibility of the ESA Online Game Technology for Space Education and System Analysis study findings, MindArk has produced this visual mock-up based on a live game environment in Entropia Universe. Credits: MindArk PE AB
by Staff Writers
Paris, France (ESA) Mar 24, 2010
Video gaming has become one of the globe's most popular pastimes. Fans say games are often educational, their detractors answer they are anything but. Might ESA have something to learn from gaming? A new Agency study says the answer is yes.
It comes from ESA's Technology Observatory, which is tasked with scanning non-space sectors to look for developments with potential for spin-in or joint research. The study, Online Game Technology for Space Education and System Analysis, looks at potential applications of different online game-playing technologies from the simplest content-oriented games through to Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) virtual worlds.

The study highlights a number of ways in which these technologies could benefit ESA aims: immersive environments based on these technologies could enhance collaborative working of project scientists and engineers. It was also recognised that exciting online games could prove an excellent tool for promoting space and supporting the teaching of science, technology, engineering and maths.

As part of the study, a video of a potential future game environment was produced, showing future human exploration of Jupiter's ice moon Europa.

Secondary school and university students are considered as the natural target audience of such 'exploratory learning environments', being already familiar with the interaction principles involved. But other important groups are also recognised: educators, members of the public without any previous interest in space, space professionals, parents of student and, of course, current games players.

The study shows that games could be valuable to educators who want to learn more about the space industry, and be in a better position to support students. Simulation games designed as information tools and meeting places could be used to inform and attract potential future space professionals.

ESA would need to establish partnerships with other stakeholders before the use of online games technology becomes practical reality. The study recommends looking into public-private partnerships which would be self-financing, enabling online games operators to invest in development, support and game content, building upon technical and scientific expertise provided by ESA.

Widespread consultation concerning the design and promotion of any potential product would be required for such an initiative to become a successful educational tool. ESA experts and representatives would need to involve parents and educators, national space agencies and industrial contractors.

Study background
The study has been undertaken by MindArk PE AB of Sweden, a company providing technology platforms for the development and operation of MMO games. Funding was provided through ESA's General Studies Programme (GSP) and the study initiated by the Software Systems division of ESA's Technical and Quality Management Directorate.

The GSP interfaces in various ways with all ESA programmes, but its main role is to act as a 'think-tank' to lay the groundwork for future Agency activities. By proposing this study within GSP, Software Systems sought to investigate the potential use of advanced software technology and platforms in order to prepare for the next generation of engineers entering the space business.

It's pretty. Other than that, i'm not really impressed... And not sure using a platform that is so arcade is a good idea for *learning*

So MA got some funding from ESA to produce what in the end will have been nothing more than a time consuming distraction. :rolleyes:
If they put that effort into their real product that actualy pays the bills then maybe VU10 would be complete instead of half done by now.

So MA got some funding from ESA to produce what in the end will have been nothing more than a time consuming distraction. :rolleyes:
If they put that effort into their real product that actualy pays the bills then maybe VU10 would be complete instead of half done by now.

Selling paltform or abillity to use platform pay the bills too.

There is already a long discussion about this in another thread, just write "ESA" into 'search' here on EF and bam, a seven page thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entropia-universe-press/183637-mmorpg-virtual-world-platform-provider-mindark-completes-online-games-study-contract-european-space-agency-pr-newswi.html

Those were different teams making those, and there is already a discussion in the other thread with some reasons why this might be a good thing.

Publicity for example...

I stand by my original comments. Other teams yes, that could be better utilized on their real product. Publicity sure, but much more exposure can be had by simply advertizing and I think that would get better return. Selling the platform sure, but where's the continued revenue stream going to come from? Going to charge for decay in an educational program lol?

Thanks for posting this !!!

Mari *.*
:kos:

Thanks for Sharing! :)

Here are 500 EFDs for your Thead ;)

Nice thread...

I can just see how the training schools... would charge your tuition to.. lol

Pick up probe -10 ped
Turn in Assignment -100ped
recieve certification - 1,000,000 ped

congratulations you are now a grand master space' o naut... :laugh:

I stand by my original comments. Other teams yes, that could be better utilized on their real product. Publicity sure, but much more exposure can be had by simply advertizing and I think that would get better return. Selling the platform sure, but where's the continued revenue stream going to come from? Going to charge for decay in an educational program lol?

Couldn't agree more.

looks like angle armor, not vigi :scratch2:

Lol @ 8:57-9:03. wonder what a realistic time frame is to them :scratch2:

Its not April yet !!!

Vigi I do have already. Now me wants that turquise jumper!

But to be serious. The bit in the video at least looks like Science Fiction, unlike lots of crap on Calypso. And the mission presented at least gives some possibility of cooperating with others. Which is nice thing. Haven't seen the new mission system on Calypso, so can't judge it.
And, don't know if it's only for the needs of the video, but facial expressions are something we've lost from Entropia and that should be back.

As for using such things for education... I think that students might be better actually paying some attention during lectures and working their asses off. Especially with Maths, because I'm affraid that a gaming environment may be not enough to understand more sophisticated mathemathics...

Last edited:
hate to ruin your dream there pal but its angel..... the armor set

wait, i thought ma didn't win the contract with nasa.

ok, they got the esa contract then, anyone fill like this is going to mess the PC's progression?

ZOMG! News Bot reported something that is both news and worth reading. :eek:

I still don't like the pile of junk though. :D

Back