Help: Most Eco bot Armor???

Paladin and 6a`s! Good firearm protection and better for impact than vigi for those other mobs that get in the way. Good luck finding thighs though.

to hunt gen1's I use unplated hunter
to hunt bigger ones I use valiant and 6a :D

btw hencefort is a noob in shogun :laugh: (jk you know it:D)

Lately I've been hunting everything in hunter + platings (and an ek-2600).

Hunter + 5B lets me kill atrox up to alpha's
Hunter + 6A lets me kill every drone easily, warrior and trooper can get hard at gen 05

Just... good luck finding thigh guards (going for +500 last sales, but don't buy it for more than 400 really... 500 is bs) and face mask (at least +100 atm too I think) :)

with kobold and 6A i have 10 ped decay on armor per 200 ped run and 0.1 ped on FAP decay

hmmm...

most economic would probably be limited bodyguard with the 6A plates. that might not be the best protection if your dodge is low and there are lots of them or you run into melee based creatures.

I usually use valiant and 6As. the same restriction applies to dodge and melee, but you usually don't have to worry about being stomped by several drones.

of course, no armour is the most economic of all - even more so, if you don't have to resort to using a FAP.

anyway, there are many factors to consider. it's not such an easy question.

Ya but the thin is.....i dont see how valient is eco or hunter for example valient has 600 durability meaning it would last for about 1/2 the time of pixie at 1200 durability so its gonna cost me 2x the ped to repair valint then it would pixie which is lasting double the time on a hunt.............so how is valint,hunter and such eco

Ya but the thin is.....i dont see how valient is eco or hunter for example valient has 600 durability meaning it would last for about 1/2 the time of pixie at 1200 durability so its gonna cost me 2x the ped to repair valint then it would pixie which is lasting double the time on a hunt.............so how is valint,hunter and such eco

Dude!!! Durability doesn't mean it costs more to repair... It only shows how often you will have to go and repair it. www.entropiawiki.com - read, learn, study, live happilly in EU.

I'll probably fail miserably trying to explain this, but anyways...

i dont see how valient is eco [...] valient has 600 durability meaning it would last for about 1/2 the time of pixie at 1200 durability [...]

first, forget about durability, for the moment.

now, pixie has no protection whatsoever against the drones, so on a drone hit it won't decay at all. vailiant has 6 burn protection only - no other protection whatsoever. what this means is that vailant supports (or adds to) the protection offtered by the 6A plates (which have no melee protection) themselves.

consider, you are in the drone field near jason centre. the spawn is mostly drones with a few faucervixes mixed in to mess around with you. the pixie+6A will decay on hits from all the creatures. a valiant plus 6A conbination will only decay on a drone hit.

so, when a 'cervix trys to gnaw on you, you take it out fast (you are unprotected) and hits from them do not add to your over all armour decay. you are protected well enough from the drones that your attention can wander for a little bit. even if the 'cervix clobbers you, it's still unlikely that a single drone will finish you off. in a pixie+6A combination, you're decaying on all hits and your protection against the drones (which are the bulk of the spawn) is less.

I hope that made some sense. just looking at the numbers with respect to a theortical single creature is rather useless, in my opinion. you have to consider the locations and composition of the spawn within that location.

just looking at the numbers with respect to a theortical single creature is rather useless, in my opinion. you have to consider the locations and composition of the spawn within that location.

I completely agree. Location is a huge consideration, which is why I'm wondering why it seems everyone missed this post.

Ummmm..i was thinking more of trying the spawn way west of troy because its pretty empty along with most likly a kross400+a104 as my backup if my blade is too slow

I'm glad we've all helped recommend some good armor, but (and please correct me if I'm wrong) with the OP having low bot skills, I'm quite surprised everyone seems to have glossed over this.

I'll probably fail miserably trying to explain this, but anyways...

first, forget about durability, for the moment.

now, pixie has no protection whatsoever against the drones, so on a drone hit it won't decay at all. vailiant has 6 burn protection only - no other protection whatsoever. what this means is that vailant supports (or adds to) the protection offtered by the 6A plates (which have no melee protection) themselves.

consider, you are in the drone field near jason centre. the spawn is mostly drones with a few faucervixes mixed in to mess around with you. the pixie+6A will decay on hits from all the creatures. a valiant plus 6A conbination will only decay on a drone hit.

so, when a 'cervix trys to gnaw on you, you take it out fast (you are unprotected) and hits from them do not add to your over all armour decay. you are protected well enough from the drones that your attention can wander for a little bit. even if the 'cervix clobbers you, it's still unlikely that a single drone will finish you off. in a pixie+6A combination, you're decaying on all hits and your protection against the drones (which are the bulk of the spawn) is less.

I hope that made some sense. just looking at the numbers with respect to a theortical single creature is rather useless, in my opinion. you have to consider the locations and composition of the spawn within that location.

And that's why I reccomended kobold, it has a low amount of impact protection which will keep you alive on smaller critters, and 8 burn, which will help against the bots, but not decay too much either

Dude!!! Durability doesn't mean it costs more to repair... It only shows how often you will have to go and repair it. www.entropiawiki.com - read, learn, study, live happilly in EU.

I see there is still a lot of misconception about durability. The only known effect durability has is that it decreases decay by about 1% for each 1000 points. In general this difference is so small that is doesn't really play a role in your armor choice. Things like protection, TT value and markup are way more important. Although with (L) armors durability does play a more significant role.

For sure durability mean something...

Its just random number but i think its safe to say that 3years of daily hunting using gremlin = 3000ped saved compared to ghost :D

and gremlin will still go up in price...so after 3 years it will be worth it... random number but for sure u will eco using it rather than ghost... and ofc if what u like to do is solo hogglo/scipu then gremlin maybe not the armor you should be looking at.

For sure durability mean something...

Its just random number but i think its safe to say that 3years of daily hunting using gremlin = 3000ped saved compared to ghost :D

and gremlin will still go up in price...so after 3 years it will be worth it... random number but for sure u will eco using it rather than ghost... and ofc if what u like to do is solo hogglo/scipu then gremlin maybe not the armor you should be looking at.

Decay of gremlin is sure lower than decay of ghost. But this is hardly because of durability, and for most part because of its lower protection. If you saved 3000PED, this means about 30PED was saved because the better durability.

I see there is still a lot of misconception about durability. The only known effect durability has is that it decreases decay by about 1% for each 1000 points. In general this difference is so small that is doesn't really play a role in your armor choice. Things like protection, TT value and markup are way more important. Although with (L) armors durability does play a more significant role.

Well I can't say anything about (L) Armors as I don't use them and probably never will... But I can assume that with something that is (L) it can play a significant role due to markup payed.

Since drones tend to aggro a lot for example coming from another hunter who is busy with another drone, the possibility that you get swarmed by a bunch of drone once in a while is high.

Even when 4 or 5 protection points extra / attack doesn't seem much, but it could make the difference between looting the mobs or standing at the revival :) when having a lot of bots on you.

I would go with vigi +6A , a classic set-up, but it allows you to take on some bigger bots like warriors as well, and it will save your ass when having multiple bots simultaniously on you. (Slap on 5B plates on it and you have a not so bad troxie hunting armor as well. :)

Most eco bot hunting armor (if we're talking small drones here) are for sure one of the uber faps, no armor needed:p

so the fact that armor has 600 durability and 100 ped tt-i would think this makes it uneco because u pay 100 ped for something lasting 1/2 the time of pixie

btw how do i get the red thing that says i can only hope to improve go away?

so the fact that armor has 600 durability and 100 ped tt-i would think this makes it uneco because u pay 100 ped for something lasting 1/2 the time of pixie

you have to give up this fixation on durability. it doesn't mean much in this discussion. further, any armour you use should always be kept fully repaired. otherwise, you're just asking for trouble.

pixie is totally useless against drones. it's the same as wearing no armour whatsoever. generally, if you are going to use armour, you should use something that helps protect you against the creatures you wish to engage.

the 6A plate is very good for drones. if all you need is a plate carrier, then limited bodyguard armour would be the best choice.

again, though, there are many factors to consider. location it really important. your dodge ability is also really important. your health level is a consideration, as well.

the thing to remember is that any particular set up that's good for one person may not be good for you. a very general and useful combination is vigiante and the 6As. it's very popular and will protect you well. personally, I would never use it - because, for me, I don't need that level of protection. so, you see, you have to figure out what's best for you.

in EU, there is not "one true path" for anything. this is what makes the game challenging and difficult.

Back