"My story of Halloween Mayhem participant"

Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances. This 40 hour limit applies to combined time in any of the Halloween instances, not each individual instance level.

This is clear enough

no, it's not clear enough!

I was planning on doing the Halloween Mayhem event this year, I never tried it before! I didn't expect to win, but I wanted to play for the 1K ammo bonus! I did Merry Mayhem last year, and it was worth it because of those ammo bonuses! After 40 hours I made a profit because of the bonuses, and I have never made a profit on any average 40 hours of hunting!

I tried 1 hour in Halloween Mayhem this year, and I got 400 points, but I need 500 points/hour over 40 hours to get 1K ammo bonus! I crashed in my next attempt, so I quit... I assumed "Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances." meant I would not be able to reach the 1K ammo bonus in the time allotted! I didn't realize I could continue on earning more points after 40 hours!

They need to word that better, I missed out on a good opportunity for no reason! :duh::banghead:

(sucks for Andrey though! sorry man!)

no, it's not clear enough!

I was planning on doing the Halloween Mayhem event this year, I never tried it before! I didn't expect to win, but I wanted to play for the 1K ammo bonus! I did Merry Mayhem last year, and it was worth it because of those ammo bonuses! After 40 hours I made a profit because of the bonuses, and I have never made a profit on any average 40 hours of hunting!

I tried 1 hour in Halloween Mayhem this year, and I got 400 points, but I need 500 points/hour over 40 hours to get 1K ammo bonus! I crashed in my next attempt, so I quit... I assumed "Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances." meant I would not be able to reach the 1K ammo bonus in the time allotted! I didn't realize I could continue on earning more points after 40 hours!

They need to word that better, I missed out on a good opportunity for no reason! :duh::banghead:

(sucks for Andrey though! sorry man!)

Trying to figure out why you put a cap on yourself in just the first hour of the event, what if you looted a 5k?

Trying to figure out why you put a cap on yourself in just the first hour of the event, what if you looted a 5k?

I had never done this "loot-the-points" style Mayhem before... I didn't know what the odds of that were, and I was under the assumption I was limited to only 40 hours! :eyecrazy:

I didn't want to hunt 40 hours and not get the 1K ammo bonus... If I knew I could go as long as I wanted until I got the bonus, I would have done that, but I wasn't going to gamble on it...

But now I know I could have got the bonus and I wasted my chance because of how they worded the rules!
That sucks! :lam:

Misread, my bad

Last edited:
I'm sorry to read all these about you but is clear your misunderstanding!
as MA reffered το

"..Out of the 175+ avatars who reached at least 5000 points, you were the ONLY one who went over 40 hours. This shows that the rules were clear and unambiguous!"

I could change "out of X ++" avatars who participated the event!!!!

This years Halloween event had a different point system then last year?

I've never done Halloween or Core Mayhems... I've only done Merry Mayhem...

The points in Merry Mayhem are based on Kill points, not looted!

I've never done Halloween or Core Mayhems... I've only done Merry Mayhem...

The points in Merry Mayhem are based on DPS via Kill points, not looted!

Yup edited my earlier post, my bad.

Please MA add an instance timer. It's the least you could do.

I think MA should reconsider. The logical assumption to abandoning a mission is that you will start from zero. It is unusual for a timer to continue even when you abandoned the mission. It is not a normal outcome. The rules did not say anything about the timer never stopping regardless of abandoning the mission. This was perhaps unintentional. If it was the intention, then it should have been included in the warning.

Since the rules were not clear and were not specific enough, the fair thing to do is to look at this situation more carefully and determine whether it is clear the player abandoned the mission knowing he would get ahead by doing this. Looks to me like the player was trying out the different categories and decided to finally choose 1. I don't know but this is what MA has to take into account. Did he get any extra points doing this? If no, then decide what is the JUST thing to do. This is a player that has spent a ton of peds in the event and deserves reconsideration.

When the rule is not there, you have to proceed with fairness, look at both sides of the balance and see what is the wise thing to do.

I think MA should reconsider. The logical assumption to abandoning a mission is that you will start from zero. It is unusual for a timer to continue even when you abandoned the mission. It is not a normal outcome. The rules did not say anything about the timer never stopping regardless of abandoning the mission. This was perhaps unintentional. If it was the intention, then it should have been included in the warning.

Since the rules were not clear and were not specific enough, the fair thing to do is to look at this situation more carefully and determine whether it is clear the player abandoned the mission knowing he would get ahead by doing this. Looks to me like the player was trying out the different categories and decided to finally choose 1. I don't know but this is what MA has to take into account. Did he get any extra points doing this? If no, then decide what is the JUST thing to do. This is a player that has spent a ton of peds in the event and deserves reconsideration.

When the rule is not there, you have to proceed with fairness, look at both sides of the balance and see what is the wise thing to do.

no they should not reconsider,i assume andrey knew very well what he did considering hes an angleshooter,he must have not been happy with his scores and started again

if ma would allow this then competing is easy,

try 1 hour..if no highpoints abandon mission and try another hour..if no high points abandon mission and try another hour..rinse repeat untill you get high p[oints..then continue with the mission..in that way you would start the mission with an advantage over other players that follow the rules as intended

fyi..andrey was the first player that abused the system during eomons,ive seen him doing vtolhunting on other occasions also,like i said..hes an angleshooter..he knew very well what he did,and now he is playing innocent and trying to pressure ma with the help of the community

he tried an angle and it backfired,case closed

ahh..i just saw perrys post,check that video out,another time he was abusing the system

no they should not reconsider,i assume andrey knew very well what he did considering hes an angleshooter,he must have not been happy with his scores and started again

try 1 hour..if no highpoints abandon mission and try another hour..if no high points abandon mission and try another hour..rinse repeat untill you get high p[oints..then continue with the mission..in that way you would start the mission with an advantage over other players that follow the rules as intended

fyi..andrey was the first player that abused the system during eomons,ive seen him doing vtolhunting on other occasions also,like i said..hes an angleshooter..he knew very well what he did,and now he is playing innocent and trying to pressure ma with the help of the community

ahh..i just saw perrys post,check that video out,another time he was abusing the system

Too many assumptions

side note:

i got the grinder bonus last year and the year before despite doing well over 100 hours last year and little more then 90 hours 2 years ago.

as far as im aware every one gets that if they collect enough points. if not, i thank MA kindly.

+

I know what you did last summer :) , Karma

What's an "angleshooter"?

I shot for 2 hours got a crap score so i stopped and will wait for next year.

If i was allowed to start over i would have done so nonstop until i got a killer first 2 hours then played the rest out.

sorry. i sympathize cause you put a lot of effort in ... but
i do side with MA on this one..
175+ avatars can't be wrong..

A solution to this problem would be to actually physically limit the players to 40 hours, then you can't enter anymore.

Before I really started the mission I had been doing and testing the mayhem mobs for a little bit over 4 hours. And I ABANDONED the mission to nullify my points. My points went to ZERO, starting from scratch. I did this because you said "Do NOT abandon the mission! If you do, all your points will be irrevocably lost."

I abandoned after 4 hours, so your time counted in missions, doing the mission is wrong.

Andrey, like usually, you want to be smarter then everyone else... Everyone do testing before event starts, thats why MA put mobs before start... If MA say DO NOT DO, and you still DO and in the end "MA count wrong". Maybe you should set rules for MA? :)

Anyway, gl next time

Ii know a guy who spend more than 40 hours but wasn't disqualified, so there is no fairness for all players?

If player who did more then 40 hours is not in winners list (for prize), he can do as many hours as he like and wont be disqualified (as there is no point to do that)

A solution to this problem would be to actually physically limit the players to 40 hours, then you can't enter anymore.

what is someone dont want to shoot for top place, but want to shoot for skills/loot? Or to get bonus for 10k points? I think rules are simple and we all are big boys (girls, shemales) and should be able to count our time in competition.

(...)
what is someone dont want to shoot for top place, but want to shoot for skills/loot? Or to get bonus for 10k points? I think rules are simple and we all are big boys (girls, shemales) and should be able to count our time in competition.

I am pretty sure that someone who is willing to spend 40 hours in that repetitive and otherwise content less event, is in it for the competition. And if someone wants to play more than 40 hours in 9 days in the event, and says he/she is NOT in it for the competition, he/she belongs to the extreme rare minority. The rules and the mechanics should favor the actual goal of the event. This event was not "most loot in most hours" but it was "Most pumpkin points in 40 hours or less".

Event rules are not transparent for me too, why there is abandon option that only can reset points and cant reset timer?? :scratch2:
MA should write about it separately! :lolup:
I know Andrey very well, unlike you(mama's boys), he works a lot IRL and have to spend time with his little daughter so he just didnt have enough time to check instance before event start.
As I know he got 5k point pumpkin only at the end of event so what's the point for him was tricks with points?
Probably MA can look at the logs and verify this fact...

Last edited:
MA, FIX the problem -> send Mails in Mailing system

Most in this situation I would Blame MA, as they have not provided VISIBLE accounting on time spent in instance (DCs... ). I Hope at least, Andrey, You did OK! in Terms of return!

Considering size of event, making it functional would be just as MUST, but MA is Failing on analysis as usual,... :(

A good solution would be expand Mailing system (seperate tab/filter) and Server (server - because of DCs) sends Summary to participant AFTER either Finish (Exit/Switcihn BPs) or DCing (+ for events include TOTAL summary time accounted for event not only individual session)

Also on same functionality ... Crafting results not available on DCs/ Logout on inactivity

Same problem Long crafting sessions and DC = No results available (not providing resutls on this could also be linked to NOT compliance with some legal requirements - to provide Receipt - as each click is MICROPAYMENT.... ),

As no results available also on Logout on Timer ... same as CTDs

Resnis
Ps. I also did exceed 40h ... as was grinding, and I am curious .... HOW much time did I spend what is not available ... due partial time use in sessions ..... MULTIPLE DCs...

Event rules are not transparent for me too, why there is abandon option that only can reset points and cant reset timer?? :scratch2:
MA should write about it separately! :lolup:
I know Andrey very well, unlike you(mama's boys), he works a lot IRL and have to spend time with his little daughter so he just didnt have enough time to check instance before event start.
As I know he got 5k point pumpkin only at the end of event so what's the point for him was tricks with points?
Probably MA can look at the logs and verify this fact...

If Mindark started to exclusions from the rules just because 1 player out of 174 competitors didn't understand the rules, they would pretty much destroy their own authority and rule enforcement. It won't happen.

Several times during the event I saw players who was unsure of the rules ask other players, and they helpfully answered their questions.

Most in this situation I would Blame MA, as they have not provided VISIBLE accounting on time spent in instance (DCs... ). I Hope at least, Andrey, You did OK! in Terms of return!

Considering size of event, making it functional would be just as MUST, but MA is Failing on analysis as usual,... :(

A good solution would be expand Mailing system (seperate tab/filter) and Server (server - because of DCs) sends Summary to participant AFTER either Finish (Exit/Switcihn BPs) or DCing (+ for events include TOTAL summary time accounted for event not only individual session)

Also on same functionality ... Crafting results not available on DCs/ Logout on inactivity

Same problem Long crafting sessions and DC = No results available (not providing resutls on this could also be linked to NOT compliance with some legal requirements - to provide Receipt - as each click is MICROPAYMENT.... ),

As no results available also on Logout on Timer ... same as CTDs

Resnis
Ps. I also did exceed 40h ... as was grinding, and I am curious .... HOW much time did I spend what is not available ... due partial time use in sessions ..... MULTIPLE DCs...

This is actually a very nice idea, I like it.

How hard can it be to create a counter which is visible and shows your total time in instances.
I guess for MA, it is technically a to big of a challenge :) ... they prefer to run an SQL I guess after the event ... lol

Atami

Reactions: Mac
Event rules are not transparent for me too, why there is abandon option that only can reset points and cant reset timer?? :scratch2:.

Abandoning the mission means you lose all points earned, it doesn't mean it resets.

1) Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances

2) Do not abandon the mission! If you abandon the mission for any reason, either intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever.

There is no logical reason to warn you not to abandon mission if the timer also resets.

I am pretty sure that someone who is willing to spend 40 hours in that repetitive and otherwise content less event, is in it for the competition. And if someone wants to play more than 40 hours in 9 days in the event, and says he/she is NOT in it for the competition, he/she belongs to the extreme rare minority. The rules and the mechanics should favor the actual goal of the event. This event was not "most loot in most hours" but it was "Most pumpkin points in 40 hours or less".

40 hours in 9 days just for fun - lets say not many will do it, but its halloween mayhem that is short, how about merry mayhem? 30-40 hours even time while it last more or less a month.
a timer that counts yours time in event would help, but not much, as most (99% of players) can count time by themselfs and do it very good
so... there is no point changing system just for one player who did try to do something that is against rules (but yes, i agree it would be much more easy to all if we have a timer, and maybe a mission that you can not abandon)

I fully support Andrey here, it would be great if MA could at least compensate him little for the fact how this is implemented.

1st - Rules are not 100% clear, many non-native english speakers can misunderstand this (and again, not many people were competing for serious, so that's why there were no other 10 people crossing the time limit)

2nd - Why there is no timer shown? Or, why it's not working like other events they did with normalized score? :(

It would be only fair to at least compensate him a little. Again, just because rules can be easily misinterpreted by non-native speaker. Come on MA you can do that!

Pecka

Back