Need questions for Talk Thyme guest on first show

Justin Thyme

Alpha
Society
Looking for a Society
Justin JC Thyme
Starfinder has agreed do a taped q/a segment for Talk Thyme Radio Show. This weekend on Atlas Haven Radio

If you would like any questions asked of Stafinder about Entropia Tracker please post below and I will pick out the best questions and will get them to be answerd in his own words on the air.

Last edited:
Cool show.

Have a question for Starfinder.

"A sorting feature would be cool to have on Entropiatracker, My Globals section. eg Ability to sort number of entries/page(10,20,30 `n so on) and also sort by hofs only, sorty by global size and date. Can we look forward to such feature?"

Last edited:
"How did you now the chat window will be movable before VU 10 came out?"

I knew it would from watching the miniteasers :D

ontopic: No idea what to ask, sry :laugh:

I knew it would from watching the miniteasers :D

ontopic: No idea what to ask, sry :laugh:

Could you maybe point me to that miniteaser? If that`s really the case, my question would be pointless.

Ok question noted. Any more cmon guys and gals we could use a few more questions or even requests for features you would like to see and we can discuss the possibilites that they can be done

What new features can we expect to see in the future hold for Tracker? I'd love to see the top 5 lists on each mob for the past month, as well as the all-time figures - will my dream come true? :D

I have a question:

Since he is parsing all data from the chat window, what stops him from viewing all local, and society chat from anyone running the client?

TIA for Starfinders response.

ok a good question may be

What gave you the idea to come up with entropia tracker and why did you start it up?

Desire xx

Would you consider not publically posting personal stats with names of people who are not not signed on to service and do not want their information made public?

I understand you can claim it's public information when it appears in game... but as third party keeping those stats in some sort of cumlative permanent form for public consumption... without my permission... and making it publically availible.... seems to violate my sense of privacy beyond my agreed EU involvement... We should be able to expect some form of privacy in our game play... and expect that those who collect information for statical purposes have some sensitivity to the privacy of others...:mad:

Would you consider not publically posting personal stats with names of people who are not not signed on to service and do not want their information made public?
QUOTE]

I believe there is a way to make your stats not available to public. I have seen a few people that you can't view there global page.

My questions, were to ask about the future of the tracker and its improvements. (others have asked) So, I got nothing more to add here.

There is an event module in Tracker that allows for tracking globals on certain mobs. It even appears that different maturities can have different point values assigned to them. Has this module been tested...? This might be handy for some events... (guess which one)

I understand you can claim it's public information when it appears in game... but as third party keeping those stats in some sort of cumlative permanent form for public consumption... without my permission... and making it publically availible.... seems to violate my sense of privacy beyond my agreed EU involvement... We should be able to expect some form of privacy in our game play... and expect that those who collect information for statical purposes have some sensitivity to the privacy of others...:mad:

I will ask but I am one that would make the claim that information is not your personal information that is MA's information and when it is broadcast across the HOF or Global messages it is being boradcast for everyone to see. This program just stores that information for later viewing, It would be no different than if I sat with a notebook and pen and wrote down everytime the message was displayed on my screen.

Questions for the interviewee:

1. When did you first discover Project Entropia?

2. How did you discover Project Entropia, and what about it enticed you to download it and begin playing?

3. What's the most amusing or entertaining moment you've experienced in game?

4. How long had you been thinking about Entropia Tracker as a service to the community before you decided to implement it?

I will ask but I am one that would make the claim that information is not your personal information that is MA's information and when it is broadcast across the HOF or Global messages it is being boradcast for everyone to see. This program just stores that information for later viewing, It would be no different than if I sat with a notebook and pen and wrote down everytime the message was displayed on my screen.

I understand your point... no one can stop you from doing it... and I'm certainly not about to test the legal waters of that... but if you know that others do not want you to do it and have not signed on for you to do it... as an ethical concerned person you might not want continue doing do it... especailly if you were made aware... and knowing the overall privacy issues and fears concerning the web... for instance those numbers which are are actually false have been used as the basis of attacks... by others... on me in this forum...

Since I have no access to those numbers as not being member adds another layer of questioning... over the ethics involved...

Interresting questions.. I will for obvious reasons not answer them here.. I hope to get the chance in the interview - and that you can understand my "less than optimal" english :D

:yay::yay::yay:

Looking forward to hearing the interview i will be sitting with matchsticks on my eyes jsut to stay awake but it will be worth it ;)

Desire xx

- and that you can understand my "less than optimal" english :D

Meh, don't worry about it. I only speak American, though I have a good working knowledge of English. ;)

:yay::yay::yay:

Looking forward to hearing the interview i will be sitting with matchsticks on my eyes jsut to stay awake but it will be worth it ;)

Desire xx

That's a bit harsh, surely it won't be so boring :D

May I suggest record and podcast for a historic record of interviews?

Enough of these friviolous questions about the tracker. I think we should ask whatever everybody really wants to ask here, the really important questions...

Beer or Liquor?

Cats or Dogs?

Favorite Food?

Etc. and so on. :yay:

That's a bit harsh, surely it won't be so boring :D

OMG i didnt mean it like that hee hee :ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

it starts at 1am for me :( and i aint a late night person lol it kills me the next day staying up after 1am lol

ok blushing really bad now lol

Desire xx

I will be Podcasting all of my shows and making them available on my Show Blog at Atlashavenradi.com (after I start writing it...lol)

I knew what ya meant Desire

It's all good Desire.

Interresting questions.. I will for obvious reasons not answer them here.. I hope to get the chance in the interview - and that you can understand my "less than optimal" english :D
OK, now when I know your nick on EF and ingame, and I saw your pic aswell, let me ask you this man: When are you going to put some numbers next to my name on that page of yours you own????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????(thats my question for a show haha)
;)

Good thing that Brooklyn brought up that issue again. I followed the discussion about it in the tracker thread and imo all pro arguments was flawed.

What you write down with pen and notebook does not bother anyone as long as you don't publish it. The point is not how the data is collected but that it is made public available.

However, in most western countries even the collecting of data is regulated as soon as you earn money from it in any way.
There is an difference in laws if someone collects data for private purpose or if he does it commercial (and it is commercial as soon as someone tries to earn money from it, no matter if successful, or how little money it is.) Entropiatracker falls into the commercial category.

Then there is the argument that globals are public data anyway, and that the tracker can't violate privacy by collecting and publishing them.

Well, thats an easy one. We could argue if the global chat inside EU is public data, when i log into EU i agree that others can somehow follow my activity and the global chat is an integral part of EU. What the tracker does is something different though. It tracks my activities, long term archive and publish it without my direct or indirect agreement. Big difference here, but i don't even need to go into that because it would not matter at all if it is "public data" anyway.

I give you an real life example. Lets say you sit at the side of an public road an write down the license plating (registration number) of every car that passes by. That in itself is not illegal in most countries, for private purpose.

Publishing those data on an website however will bring you in big troubles. Asking money for in depth analysis of those data will bring you in even more troubles.

But why? The drivers of the car did drive in public, for everyone visible. Nothing "private" about that. And even more important, you can't so easy conclude from an car's registration number to the driver anyway (different in some countries), like you can't so easy get the real life identity from an EU ava name. Still this all is regulated because one could generate an pattern of movement, behave or however that is called in english from those data. And that falls under privacy, and that is actually covered by most countries law and is exactly how entropiatracker violates privacy.

As long as entropiatracker does not have an strict opt in policy this will be an issue and Starfinder should adress it in your Q/A. The way he handled it in the tracker thread was in no way satisfying.

Just to clarify, i personally do like the tracker and i am fine with my globals tracked there and i appreciate the work Starfinder and tussy and maybe others put into that, but thats not the point here.

What you fail to see is that everything in Entropia is property of Mindark/FPC so in the "theories" you put out it is not your personal data it is Mindark/FPC's data.

What you fail to see is that everything in Entropia is property of Mindark/FPC so in the "theories" you put out it is not your personal data it is Mindark/FPC's data.

Justin... we are well aware of that... and in a purely legal sense you might be right... but just recently today someone has copied from his site all of my global stats that he collected and stored without my consent and published them in this forum...

I believe that an ethical third party service provider and company would only make availble general statistics and on a personal level... only the statistics of those who have agreed to and signed up for just such a posting...

If it continues.... I will also bring this up with MA directly as an abuse of the service being offered and make a case that MA make it optional to have our globals and hofs not listed... and/or provided to a third party for their commercial interests.

Back