new armor "protector of the empire"

Nozzy said:
yes, your story did check out, but you repeated stuff that had been mentioned several times, so one more time, read your 11 pages before adding to the mass or don't add at all, people like you that creates off-topics, anyhow, not the right place here to discuss, and... "I'm not mad at you, you're forgiven..." :rolleyes:

in my eyes all i did was compliment the armour, i didt meen to create any "off topic" thing :wise:

:edit:

sorry if i did :D

Skippie said:
Ok, so I think I already said this, but GRATZ TO BLAST, you really deserve this armor.

Thnx Skippie and all you others :)

Silver said:
In between giving myself good kickings for this, I try to think of things to make me feel better :)

I like analogies so here's one.

Someone gives you a key and says hey this might be the key to that new ford over there, or maybe it's that banger at the back, oh hang on maybe it's just the key to the janitors cupboard, heck i don't know it could be the key to anything really, but here you go it's yours. Another guy says, hey, I'll buy that key for $5000 how about it?

You scratch your head for a bit and look at the cash and the key. Then you say, ok, I'll take the money and let you risk what you get.

Later on you see the guy pull into your drive in a bright red ferrari. OMG! A ferrari for $5k, you lucky guy!

And i just wanted to say gratz to you:(

Big Gratz to those who got the armor.

But how did people, who offered 10K+ for the transmitter knew that it would be as valuable?
In official posts it was refrained from menioning what exactly was offered, other than mentioning that it would be a "big surprise".
Was this suprise linked in any way with the transmitters that could indicate their value? Hardly.
The only logical explanation at this point is that there was a leak of information in some form to those who offered so much for something without a known value...
Possible trading based on insider information is a concern.

Last edited:
sstouk said:

But how did people, who offered 10K+ for the transmitter knew that it would be as valuable?
In official posts it was refrained from menioning what exactly was offered, other than mentioning that it would be a "big surprise".
Was this suprise linked in any way with the transmitters that could indicate their value? Hardly.
The only logical explanation at this point is that there was a leak of information in some form to those who offered so much for something without a known value...

yea, hard on, and elvis is alive! he just pm'ed me, no shit....
could it be imagined that perhaps people like to gamble, and this, like any inverstment was/has been a gamble...
so hold off with the conpiracies before you got some sort of evidence...

-rep

sstouk said:

They didn't. But they based their decision on history and experience from prior events, combined with the clues from the event backstory.

For instance Operation Scarecrow (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1542) - the difference this time was that the "quest item" was more disguised in the reports.

(I can say also, that at least one Rare Robot Secret Transmitter was TT'ed. ,-)

Marco|MindArk said:
They didn't. But they based their decision on history and experience from prior events, combined with the clues from the event backstory.

For instance Operation Scarecrow (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1542) - the difference this time was that the "quest item" was more disguised in the reports.

ouch to that, poor fella him/her who tt'ed it ,-)

sstouk said:

:laugh:

If we knew, you can bet your ass I would have bought more than one...

PEAuction.com said:
Auctions without bids:
Based on 1 auctions without bids: TT+5950.38 PED
Date Qty TT Value Bid Start TT+
April 29th 2006 05:24 PM 1 49.62 PED 6000.00 PED +5950.38 PED

Marco|MindArk said:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

OMG that's painful!

Marco|MindArk said:

OK.
I agree that staying longer in EU does provide a benefit of establishing patterns.

One of the patterns I've found so far is that if people are asking you to sell something they see on you on the street, it usually is valued much more than they offer
:)

Thanks.

Nozzy said:
yea, hard on, and elvis is alive! he just pm'ed me, no shit....
could it be imagined that perhaps people like to gamble, and this, like any inverstment was/has been a gamble...
so hold off with the conpiracies before you got some sort of evidence...

-rep

Your reaction amuses me and just gives more ground for concern.
You obviously did not read what I wrote or did not understand it or did not want to.
And how would I get an evidence if I do not ask the question?

sstouk said:

I doubt that this had happed in any of the cases, though I wouldn't completly put it apart in some of the buyers no matter what MA says.
About the price they offered and the reward that they got
When I saw then in auction my view was simple the bid is already at 10k and from people that can raise it even more if they actually want it.
So I didn't even consider to go on bid wars.
About the 6K that nobody bought I must admit that I didn't saw this, anyway I didn't had that much available at the time and I trully doubt that I would deposit just to buy it,
but if I had it available ingame I would buy it.
What would I expect to gain from it?
The name was pretty clear => rare
Something rare and probably worth the 6K but not much more than that, and probably less in terms of real usefullness.
Basically I would expect to get a rare item in the price range of the Adjusted item that was given in the last even, which would mean that I probably would loose some of the value that I've payed unless I waited for inflaction to raise its price.

My advise is go play some other role playing games from companies that want to hold their reputation for a long time and you'll start to see the path that MA is trying to follow.

The rare transmitter reward the way that was done could be anything and this information could easilly be kept secret to a group of 3-4 people which have interest in the future of MA (by being "true" stockholders and employes).

dub said:
If we knew, you can bet your ass I would have bought more than one...

Auctions without bids:
Based on 1 auctions without bids: TT+5950.38 PED
Date Qty TT Value Bid Start TT+
April 29th 2006 05:24 PM 1 49.62 PED 6000.00 PED +5950.38 PED

+rep
Good Answer.
Thank you.
And yes, again - Gratz!

Last edited:
sstouk said:
Your reaction amuses me and just gives more ground for concern.
You obviously did not read what I wrote or did not understand it or did not want to.
And how would I get an evidence if I do not ask the question?

be amused at your will.... :rolleyes:

Nozzy said:
be amused at your will.... :rolleyes:

Well I am even more now...
:laugh:

+rep to -Archangel- for the input.
Thanks.

Last edited:
as Dub said mate if we had known that the prize would be so good dont you think we would have bought more than one? if i remember rightly (i cant be bothed to search the rest of this thread) Dub had only a half share in the armour with Optima so why not one each?

even though i have to admit i probly would have bought that one for 6k if id seen it as well lol but i like gambling hehe thats why i play EU ;)

lol, I been 'a watchin this thread for about 3-4 days now, Its getting a bit outta hand lol, *Shouts for mod* !!! Mod!!! lol

Marco|MindArk said:

LOL - I bet Silver feels a bit better now :D

Wolf Grey said:
LOL - I bet Silver feels a bit better now :D

Hehe yeah, I guess it means I'm not the most stupid guy on the planet after all :p (Still close though, hehe.)

Loki said:
as Dub said mate if we had known that the prize would be so good dont you think we would have bought more than one? if i remember rightly (i cant be bothed to search the rest of this thread) Dub had only a half share in the armour with Optima so why not one each?

even though i have to admit i probly would have bought that one for 6k if id seen it as well lol but i like gambling hehe thats why i play EU ;)

Having yours and Marko's answers I could see now why someone would offer a few K PEDs for the unknown item (perhaps would had done it myself, knowing the history of MA events and outcomes);

It wasn't clear at the time and it's great that you all answered and even more that you got your deserved prizes.

I will be looking forward to another MA Event, whenever it might be...

Hey, marco! Speaking of events and event rewards, when will we see the FAP from the magazine contest? :O

Well, it is kind of strange rewards works. Why could they who looted the transmitter get a full set right away ? That would be a nice looking loot-window :eek:

No conspiracy theories from my side, just this would be more nice when looting it :)

And a do feel sorry for that dude that tt-ed it :(

shame on you MA, shame on you....

Northman said:
Well, it is kind of strange rewards works. Why could they who looted the transmitter get a full set right away ? That would be a nice looking loot-window :eek:

No conspiracy theories from my side, just this would be more nice when looting it :)

And a do feel sorry for that dude that tt-ed it :(

shame on you MA, shame on you....

but it would hardly keep with the story line.... I think they should have had a nice swap time during the event rather than after, but hey its still a nice prize :)

Yes, there was a storyline. But not all follow them, especially when the event is overlapped with other events. How long did this last ? 3month ? lol

It just feels like a : Oh shit, we have a robot-event here guys. Lets stop it now. Hmm, lets see : What was the price again ? Price ? Huuh, i don't know.
Bah, give them a nice armor-set :) What set ? Take a jag and make it red + new stats. Ok :) Oh, by the way. Tell that guy to stop laughing at the poor guy who tt-ed it. Next time we must remember to fix the damn item so they can't tt it, ok ? I try, il try. coffee any ?

sorry, but some times i feel that its not we playing EU. Its more like EU (MA) is playing with us :laugh:

Northman said:
Yes, there was a storyline. But not all follow them, especially when the event is overlapped with other events. How long did this last ? 3month ? lol

It just feels like a : Oh shit, we have a robot-event here guys. Lets stop it now. Hmm, lets see : What was the price again ? Price ? Huuh, i don't know.
Bah, give them a nice armor-set :) What set ? Take a jag and make it red + new stats. Ok :) Oh, by the way. Tell that guy to stop laughing at the poor guy who tt-ed it. Next time we must remember to fix the damn item so they can't tt it, ok ? I try, il try. coffee any ?

sorry, but some times i feel that its not we playing EU. Its more like EU (MA) is playing with us :laugh:

from experience MA plan things like that well in advance, I'm sure they know exactly what the prize would be when they started the event. The only think this even was a little to long for me, I got so bored that I have not hunted bots since lol if there was a trade for this armour during the event I'd have been right back on the bots killing as many as IRL allowed, this is where I think they went wrong - it would have generated much more of a buzz during the event.

Yepp, maby they just over-planning things ;)

15 pages of replies to this new armour already. Wow.

Ok all i got to say about the armour is

cool

Well ye i cant wait to get my hands on it if i possibly can. i dont suppose it wont be rare armour or something? Is it like testing mode or something?

luthien said:
it happened just a few seconds ago
i logged on and saw a guy in red armor in jaguar style jumping in tp
i thought: "argh again a bug"

checked the name: dub

scanned it and it was a new armor... pics to come im writing over pe-ass and im still ingame ;)

edit: here is the picture:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

its just strange that someone got a full set of armor noone knows before wihtout an offical competition or was a full set handed out at the drone event?
well gratz for such a unique armor to dub anyways

LMFAO!!!!!!!! i bet the people who sold the transmitters are really pissed now!! i think deathdifier baught a few of them :D 10k for the transmitter... probably 25-50k for the armour :p

Silver said:
Hehe yeah, I guess it means I'm not the most stupid guy on the planet after all :p (Still close though, hehe.)

Btw, this red armor would'nt fit to your blue outfit. So no loss from my point of view ;)

Irona would look sexy in red :rolleyes:

Back