New competition announced!

Awesome! I'll definetly check it out. Fraps gives me some weird problems sometimes. :confused:

I don't know if more features is the key (hopefully that doesn't mean much more cpu/memory used) but it may just work "differently" and hopefully better. Thanks again. :D

hello :p

So just another 4 questions about the music/sound :

1.) It is forbidden to use self composed music now ?

2.) There is playing music within PE (so maybe we can use the music from PE folder too?)

3.) Are voices allowed ? I mean Sayha King is talking the whole commercial :)
A lot of text/reading may become boring to the spectator...

And sorry if i overread :

4.) Is it allowed to use self created render graphics or animations ? (of course PE related) :)

MindBuster said:
There IS a fraps alternative...

GameCam
http://www.planetgamecam.com/

Comes in two versions, Full at $24.95 and a Lite at $9.95.
Many features like onscreen remote, movie preview ingame as you record, etc. etc.

Check out the feature list...
http://www.planetgamecam.com/index.php?locid=features

Now, i havent tried this myself, so dont blame me if it's crap, it does sound good though.

But read around, they have a public support forum.
http://www.planetgamecam.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi

;)
hmm I couldn't get it to work with PE :(
You should be able to record .avi files with the unregistered version, but all i get is bugged 2kb avi files.

McCormick said:
hello :p

So just another 4 questions about the music/sound :

1.) It is forbidden to use self composed music now ?

2.) There is playing music within PE (so maybe we can use the music from PE folder too?)

3.) Are voices allowed ? I mean Sayha King is talking the whole commercial :)
A lot of text/reading may become boring to the spectator...

And sorry if i overread :

4.) Is it allowed to use self created render graphics or animations ? (of course PE related) :)

I have to get back to you all on this. I'll update the community section tomorrow when I get the info I need.

Marco, it's past 10 PM. Go pop open a beer and chill ;) Just because you had a month of vacation doesn't mean you have to work after hours ;)

wonderful way of MA getting advertising SOOOO extremely cheap, dont you think :D

Cade said:
wonderful way of MA getting advertising SOOOO extremely cheap, dont you think :D

yep, for only a few thousand dollars worth of stuff they can get a half-assed attempt from a drunken player, a better attempt at which could have been had from a 1st Year in graphics design using shockwave flash.... woooo!

I have an even better idea that MA can save some money, STICK PEOPLE. Make some animations with stick people and stick atrox :p Prob cost about 10 bux lol

HAHAH only joking :)

MindBuster said:
You just had to didnt you ? :rolleyes:

Screencapture programs does not "interfere" with PE, such programs are merely taking snapshots of graphics that have already left the main PE code, it's taken from the videocards ram.

i agree, it justs captures your buffer, and video output and writes em to a video format, doesnt have to do with pe at all! why do you keep bringing up EVERYTHING that is in pe's EULA and apply it to everything? i thought you didnt play anymore, so what do you care anyways? hmm?

ScorpionLance said:
says the files not there :(

Oh and knuckles. dont be a douchbag. and Wanda, if you don't like MA's rules don't enter and keep quiet ffs.

Try it now.. FileFront was just up and down all day today but it seems stable right now. :censored:

Marco on Client Loader new thingy bit said:
And above all – it must look exciting, hot, and desirable. ,-)

What are you getting at here? You want some sort of Calypsian P**n? :laugh:

MudKicker said:
YEAH! If WE let you use it, that is!!!! :tongue2:

I'd say: stop me ? :dunce:

anyway - my GFX card went very freaky though, since I started recording through fraps (out of video memory with 256DDR2); so I would really need some other software to start with... or my entry will be black ... with sound (reminds me of the loot windows though) :laugh:

You may only use these tracks. You may remix them if needed.

is the original game sound (music , effec , voice) are alowed too ?
maybe it looks stupid question , but i dont think there is copyright problem with it , and som calypsian voice , screaming mobs , lazer or what ever can be nice in video.

This does sound like an interesting competition. Maybe now is the time I get around to actually using my Video Editing Suite. lol

Have to try out those Capture programs now.

As for Wanda, she does have some valid points. It could come to blows if any Music Companies think there is some of there copyrighted material inserted into the Movie, and I'm sure MA don't want another Legal Battle going on. Also, would it affect the Movie maker too. Quite possibly.
As for the Copyright issue, I'm no solicitor or Lawyer and I won't even attempt to go there.

I think it would be better for Marco to clarify more on this issue than everyone beat everyone else up about what is right and wrong. Maybe, if people did some research and gave proof of there findings, it would stop all this ingame fighting.

This is meant to be a fun competition and it at least gives everyone a chance to have a go at actually winning something.

As far as the peeps who are supposed to be good film makers, I'll be checking out there films for some ideas and see how good they are, but this is something even a noobie film maker to the game could win. So don't count your chickens just yet. :D

I look forward to seeing the outcome anyway. :)

Numa said:
This is meant to be a fun competition and it at least gives everyone a chance to have a go at actually winning something.

Alot more things would be fun if wanda wasn't there stirring the shit and stinking the place up

ScorpionLance said:
Alot more things would be fun if wanda wasn't there stirring the shit and stinking the place up

Very true, but you just have to learn to ignore her sometimes. :D

ScorpionLance said:
you should pay more attention about what she try to say and explain.
she know very well copyright problem , and she often just try to speack about problem before it happen...
i think its more mature then just do something without think at all.

Marco|MindArk said:
New info up. It is in the News section.

ok, i read the rules quickly, but i didnt see anything about speaking in it yourself, (or a voice like Sayah King's)

is that allowed?

Etopia said:
is the original game sound (music , effec , voice) are alowed too ?
maybe it looks stupid question , but i dont think there is copyright problem with it , and som calypsian voice , screaming mobs , lazer or what ever can be nice in video.

Yes, it is allowed.

So the 12 MP3 s from ZIP package just increased to around more then 30 :) Right (?) Just to make it clear. Now I can use all the musics from the game ? :)

Random people said:
ZOMG EULA!
For those that missed it the EULA specifically says to " interpret or influence" (read: decrypt or edit the stream) the data "sent to or from the Project Entropia server and client systems" (read: data traveling between the client and servers, or over the internet, as it were). It also specifies that it you can't use software that "influences Project Entropia in any way" Since a screen recording program has no influence on PE (you can screen record and still capture all day long, and your character will not react any differently than a character that does not) it does not fall under the second clause, and since the picture displayed on your monitor is not part of PEs client/server communication stream it is not covered under the first clause either. You are free to read and interperate the picture as displayed on your screen however you want.

An alternative screen cap program is Taksi
http://taksi.sourceforge.net/
Open source of course, it dosen't perform quite as well as FRAPS (bigger FPS hit) but if free is your only option there it is. This is the code that I used as the base for my chat logging app (which is still stalled)

For those that are looking for a free nonlinear video editing software, haven't had any time to test it myself yet...

Avid Free DV

for pre and post processing virtualdub

I was just wondering how strict that "under 4 minutes" rule is? cause from the looks of it, my movie's gonna be about 4:30 long. I hope thats ok cause its hard to speed up the narration. Thanks :)

1st i Love this competion.

Next a coupel questions

Is what Scope is doing with having someone do a voice over ok? Do you need any release or anything?

Are Custom Graphics/ Graphic Animations allowed?

P.S. Did anyone notice that the files in the Zip file are all by Lars when you look at the tags?

Hmm would be nice to get some answers :)

FYI asked Marco he said ftp will be up soon. :D

and yes custom graphics and voice over are allowed

thought everyone else may want to know.

RexDameon said:
FYI asked Marco he said ftp will be up soon. :D

and yes custom graphics and voice over are allowed

thought everyone else may want to know.

Contest ends in 3 days ..

When is the FTP going up?

It would be handy if the FTP were up before the 1st, so MA could actually close the competition *on* the 1st. but only giving people 3 days wouldnt really be fair.

=)

How about, FTP opens on the 1st, and everyone has 1 week to submit?

Back