New missions feedback

- I would love to see some kind of event HoF system so that we can see when people complete the long missions - maybe not for every 100 mob mission or the exploring ones but at least for the 10k kills, and with special mentions for the first people to complete a mission.

- The Bronze Shinkiba system that gives -1 for Young/Mature is horrible, don't ever do that again.

- Don't ever change rewards for old missions! I know there is no indication in your post that this might happen but I think it's worth stating because of the unfairness it would create (especially bearing in mind that this has happened on other planets in the past).

I think these points Oleg makes are most important, and I cant add anything more to them, but hope they are noted.

As to mob choice for future Iron, I'd suggest do them in 3's so there's a low, a mid and a high introduced at the same time (eg Combibo / Ambu / Malc). Silver missions would be a nice introduction too, there are plenty that have completed the Bronze by now (higher maturities = higher ped turnover).

1. Award points based on the maturity killed or the old way of 1 kill = 1 point?
2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages or having it all on the last stage?
3. Possible changes to the amount to kill for each stage and amount of stages. An example could be 100-1000-2000-3000-4000-5000 etc.
4. Should the mission state the reward before it's completed?

Here are my preferences :

1. Based on maturity
2. Spreading between stages
3. Less kills per stage and more stages
4. Statement on reward for every stage in advance would be great !

Next Iron mission chains on Legionnaire and Osseo would be nice imo;)

1. Points based on maturity.
2. Spread them out.
3. This is fine the way it is
4. Yes

1. Award points based on the maturity killed or the old way of 1 kill = 1 point?

Maturity pls!!!

2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages or having it all on the last stage?

Last Stage

3. Possible changes to the amount to kill for each stage and amount of stages. An example could be 100-1000-2000-3000-4000-5000 etc.

its fine

hm. maybe if you start the stage not the hole info for all stages

Prefer 1 kill = 1 point to keep track of number of kills

Spread the rewards out. It's really annoying to kill a few thousand critters and only get some nova as reward.
Hard to keep motivation up to continue mission when the reward for the mission stage is some nova.

Fewer kills per stage would be nice. 5 000 and 10 000 kills gets boring and monotonous. See response to item 2.

Yes.

...Also which mobs would you want to be next to get Iron style missions...
Doesn't matter, have got lots to complete already. See response to items 2 and 3.

Regarding 4. and applicable to ALL missions - is it too hard to code in the location of the mission giver ???

As it stands now, whenever you complete a mission you get told "go back to Blah for your reward".
So you have to tab out, goto Entropedia, look up the mission to find out where Mr Blah lives.
Would it be so hard to say "Go back to Blah at xxxx,yyyy or Fort XXXX for your reward" ?

Not a serious issue really, but it sure gets annoying.

Why do we have to go to these various locations to begin with? The only thing it adds to the mission is annoyance at having to locate the damn agent.
Why not just do it like on Arkadia, a central mission terminal, with terminals located at various major centers. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Last edited:
What i am mainly wondering is, would you want future missions to:

1. I like the fact that you get more points for the higher maturity mobs, makes the hunts more interesting and better loots than lower maturities.
2. Spread the skill rewards
3. I think the jump from 1000-5000 is quite big for the slower players. Smaller increments would be nice, also allow the kills to add up, rather than to start all over again each time
4. Yes state the reward. I am unlikely to kill 1000 mobs for 25 Nova fragments LOL!

1. Based on maturity (young 1 point,mature 1.5 point ,etc)
2. Spread them out
3. Less kills more stages
4. Yes (no more novas in reward)

Husk/Chirpy iron missions :lolup:

Regarding the mission brokers.....while it is great to make players find them. Please make it so we don't have to go back to them like how the Puny Iron is made. Doing the Puny Iron mission you can just click to get the reward and accept the next stage and then jump right back into killing. You also have the choice to go back and since the mission system has a tracking method why not give a waypoint to the mission broker if the player wants to go back instead of accepting when they reached the kills needed for that level. This would make it so if someone wanted to wait before getting the skill or attribute reward they could go back later using the waypoint provided by the mission tracking system.:)

As far as what mob I would like for a new Iron Mission, how about Leviathan.

Give some love to the creatures that dont already have a Iron mission please.
Add bronze and/or more later if you want.

I want to add only one thing.
The total score counting should stay, as it is.

Or if you change it to points per maturity, than make the points proportional to Hp.
That way it`ll be fair for all and there`s not going to be the cheapest maturity to get most point from. (as it is in Mary Mayhem)

I would like to see a Hogglo Iron Mission.

Why do we have to go to these various locations to begin with? The only thing it adds to the mission is annoyance at having to locate the damn agent.
Why not just do it like on Arkadia, a central mission terminal, with terminals located at various major centers. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Actually, I would like to see a bunch of different mission brokers.

1) Iron Mission NPCs - Standing at Teleporters near a spawn of the mob they are giving the mission for.
2) Mercenary Work Terminal - Located in major towns only, offers missions with specific rewards from "civilians" and companies (Genesis Star, Omegaton, Chikara, etc).
3) Military Mission Terminal - Located in the different forts (Fort Ares, Fort Medusa, Fort Fury, etc) and gives military-style missions (killing robots, defending settlements, killing mutants, retrieving stuff from shot down ships, locating things, etc).
4) Company Terminal - Chikara, Genesis Star and Omegaton should have headquarters and offices where you can only enter if you have done a certain amount of mercenary work for them.
5) Other - Tasks, favors and jobs given by random NPCs standing in bars, hanging in towns, etc.

As for the military missions, perhaps there could be an added fort somewhere that is under constant attack from robots (a wave mission once an hour or something) offering a daily mission to help defend it by participating in one of the (completed) waves?

If the wave time out, they could say something like that they managed to use an EMP or something but that the damage they took was too high to be able to pay out any reward that day (only giving one chance a day at a reward)... this would promote teamwork, as you'd want to pull together a team so you can be sure to finish your daily mission there :)

Mission system was a good initiative, but imo the current implementation is only a pale shadow of what it could be.
The current system makes some low maturity spawns overcrowded, while (for example) ambus have become a "forgotten mob". If the mission system starts artificially distorting the normal gameplay there's something wrong with it.

The keyword is flexibility. This can be achieved in 3 easy steps:

1. Universal mission levels: Iron (young..scout), Bronze (scout..something), Silver, maybe Gold ...
All counters maturity based (obviously).
2. No prerequisites - you kill a young and it counts for Iron, next mob you kill is alpha and it counts for bronze. All missions can be done at the same time or in any order you choose.
3. Include all mobs and maturities. It's either universal or it's distorting.

To achieve this probably also have to make all missions repeatable. Not sure on this one, may not the best solution, but seems to be unavoidable if we want really universal and flexible system.

Hi all participants

I agree to Ruslans suggestion, it sounds great, but bronze, gold and uber should be splitted something likevice to ironmission.

And like someone wrote, some more mission on mobs given dogde is not bad either.

Rapido

1. maturity
2. spread
Iron: 100 - 200 - 400 - 800 - 1600 - 3200 - 6400 - 12800
Bronze: 25600
Gold: 50200
Uber: 100400

4. Yeah. (I mean, would you like to know what your paycheck at the end of the month will look like?)

But generally, nothing of this matters as long as there are worthwhile rewards.

Here's something on the subject:

Finally, they did succeed, so even if it is possible to do what is described - doesn't mean you should do it, cause the result stays pretty much the same!

I mean, I hope this inspires you guys to actually pick up a challenging task and address deeper flaws.

Hi

This is also a great suggestion :)

Rapido

Regarding the mission brokers.....while it is great to make players find them. Please make it so we don't have to go back to them like how the Puny Iron is made. Doing the Puny Iron mission you can just click to get the reward and accept the next stage and then jump right back into killing. You also have the choice to go back and since the mission system has a tracking method why not give a waypoint to the mission broker if the player wants to go back instead of accepting when they reached the kills needed for that level. This would make it so if someone wanted to wait before getting the skill or attribute reward they could go back later using the waypoint provided by the mission tracking system.:)

As far as what mob I would like for a new Iron Mission, how about Leviathan.

1. Based on maturity is good.
2. Spread across stages is good.
3. I'd prefer that to the current ones, if the rewards are redistributed appropriately too. The last mission tends to be a bit of a slog for those of us who can only play an hour or two a day. It'd be nice to have some decent rewards along the way instead of all at the end.
4. Yes. Saves us the time of digging around for it on the forum, which is time we could be spending shooting mobs ;)

I'll also take the opportunity to request a Formidon mission. It'd go nicely with the Scip mission.

Still Rex for example...

the equiv of 10k young/weak mission = 75 peds TT evade 2k HP mob
the equiv of 10k atrox young mission = 79 peds TT evade 1k HP mob

I guess I am missing something here...

I know you get small chips through out the mission... but still... I feel a little short changed at the end... after such a large HP mob... to get a lesser prize... the cost that goes into killing that much... and the dedication... and the losses ;)

1. maturity
2. spread
Iron: 100 - 200 - 400 - 800 - 1600 - 3200 - 6400 - 12800
Bronze: 25600
Gold: 50200
Uber: 100400

4. Yeah. (I mean, would you like to know what your paycheck at the end of the month will look like?)

But generally, nothing of this matters as long as there are worthwhile rewards.

Here's something on the subject:

Finally, they did succeed, so even if it is possible to do what is described - doesn't mean you should do it, cause the result stays pretty much the same!

I mean, I hope this inspires you guys to actually pick up a challenging task and address deeper flaws.

:nutkick:

+rep for the "polishing a turd" video

---

Personally, I think points should be awarded based on how much ped you are losing. :broke:

Once again i like Oleg's vision of things so he answers for me.

As to mob choice for future Iron, I'd suggest do them in 3's so there's a low, a mid and a high introduced at the same time (eg Combibo / Ambu / Malc). Silver missions would be a nice introduction too, there are plenty that have completed the Bronze by now (higher maturities = higher ped turnover).

Spread various missions for everyone is a good thing to do, there are already a lot of big mob missions to make new missions for lower skilled players, so i had the idea to suggest Exarosaur, but Combibo is also a good idea, and Berycleds. For mid players and best players, Drones, Ambulimax, Formicacida and Hogglos with the maturity skill points.

I noticed a lot of people skilling mindforce as there are since the vu 10 more combat skills and weapons, so there should be some mindforce skills rewards, but mindforce is as always the forgotten profession.

I noticed a lot of people skilling mindforce as there are since the vu 10 more combat skills and weapons, so there should be some mindforce skills rewards, but mindforce is as always the forgotten profession.

Indeed, there are a bunch of missions giving psyche but I only know of a single confirmed skill reward for MindForce (0.5PED) from missions and I heard some unconfirmed rumor of the last Traeskeron mission giving some 10PED Electrokinetic or something like that :scratch2:

Seems a bit strange considering how many combat and general skill rewards there are :laugh:

Indeed, there are a bunch of missions giving psyche but I only know of a single confirmed skill reward for MindForce (0.5PED) from missions and I heard some unconfirmed rumor of the last Traeskeron mission giving some 10PED Electrokinetic or something like that :scratch2:

Seems a bit strange considering how many combat and general skill rewards there are :laugh:

Yeah that's the "Clear the Area" mission (I havent completed that one)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/6/1/7/7/pc-missionmatrix-v5-4-1.jpg

The missions the way they are designed now are great. Refering to the Rextelum and the Traskeron... I was able to copmlete all the way up to 58k/60k Rextelum in about 10days~ with this point system. I also like that it tells me the rewards before completing them so that way I know what I am in for. I don't like hunting for a reward and not knowing what I'll get... Also the skill values seem kind of low for the mob that we must hunt. I would rather do something such as aurli or kreltin than to do rextelum again since they do two types of attacks. I'm taking a rather long break from these nasty mobs also due to the reason they give horrible returns in loot. There is absolutley no way I would hunt very much of them since they don't loot any Markup. I simply hunted them for two reasons:

1) To oust Joker in the weekly competition held by BIG
2) To "unlock" the rewards and update entropiawiki.com

Other than that the prizes really don't peak my interest so I've moved on :)

There is my opinion on it..

~Danimal

I heard some unconfirmed rumor of the last Traeskeron mission giving some 10PED Electrokinetic or something like that :scratch2:

Dang... don't make me pick up this chain just to verify this rumor..

~Danimal

1. Award points based on the maturity killed
2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages
3. Dont know
4. Yes

No HP or Evasive type reward skills = I won't hunt and same with other players. Why would I waste my time on MF prizes when I could just buy a chip with the peds I would have used to hunt for it anyways? Bottom line is, it's not very "cost effective" for MindArk, not very many peds would be generated from this sort of prized mission chain.

~Danimal

1 to 1 - this allows people to hunt anyway they want without giving advantage to anyone. Advanced players should not get any advantage because they can kill bigger mobs as already they have the advantage of being able to kill things in other missions that others can't. These players could kill 1000 shinkiba young just as easily as they can guardians; if they want the added benefit of greater loot possibility that should be a choice not a benefit because they can. Lower skilled players can't even attempt many of the mission available to higher skilled players. The capability to do the higher lvl missions should be reward enough for their skills.

If you are going to have stages each should have its own reward. Not saying you shouldn't have unlock stages though; however the rewards should be clearly stated. The major stages (leaving out unlocks and stuff)should not be paid until the job is completed.
Obviously the iron challenges should not be paid until whatever amount is completed.
Other missions e.g.
MG: I have a mission for the well being of Calypso and can reward you significantly. To start you need to speak to Joe at wherever to find the rock that will be needed to complete this mission. You will be rewarded with 1 mission token.
Joe: (mission reward granted)You need to find this rock at wherever and take it to Bob so he can direct you to do whatever needs to be done next and you will be rewarded with 2 mission tokens.
Bob: I see you have the stone (mission reward granted), take this stone to wherever and place into the artifact and you will be granted 3 mission tokens.
Activate artifact (mission reward granted)- Artifact displays stone tablet stating Lootius requests that you do whatever then return to MG and you will be rewarded 30 agility.

Missions should be scaled proportionately but that could be mitigated by the mob being hunted say like spiders being 50-500-1500 but smaller mobs 100-1000-2000

See #2

Personally, I like the mission system as it is. Only thing is that it would be better to make more iron challenges before adding bronze challenges since the goal is to get the most entropians possible to make missions. More challenges on different mobs would be a great improvement so that all Land Owners can get people on their land doing challenges.I would suggest Trilomite as a new to mob to the challenges since its great to skill dodge and its a mob that is not known and hunted enough.

1. Maturity dictates points would be way better.
2. Spread skills out
3. 10k seemed overwhelming for myself. Any smaller Break up would be appreciated.
4. Would be ok either way

Prefer 1 kill = 1 point to keep track of number of kills.

This can be fixed easy. Even if MA changed it to maturity style. They could still add a kill counter for the mission in the description box, for day, for week, for month or total. So you can still have it your way and the way other ppl want it also.

5. Also which mobs would you want to be next to get Iron style missions:wtg:

1. Based on Maturity
2. Fine with any of the two options
3. If after completing all stages the total amount of kills remains as it is today, I don't see the added value (unless you plan to add more rewards with that)
4. Before
5. Frescoquda, Furor, Globster, Hogglo, Hispidus, Letomie, Second Entity

Would also like to suggest (again) for you guys to think about the possibility to allow for land owners to purchase 'Mission packs' to be implemented on their lands (cost depending on the mission award, for example)

Back