Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned

The "Moon Whorl" action is coming soon...

Will this be the moon?

Edit: and yes, did MA buy it back from Neverdie?

I've found one of the new mobs the moon will have:

Seriously though, wish I had the peds to buy this thing - could be cool.:cool:

Spreading us out more doesn't seem to help. RT, HELL, Ark, more space keeps getting added, but not many people to fill it.

but they spread us out more in more than one way, aka fatty avatars, so they are trying to fill the space....

so its kinda like foma but when people get pissed and say fuck this place and leave you still get to collect from continuing activity's on other planets!

sounds good =)

Will it be made of cheese? If so what kind?;)

Oh and here is footage of the discovery and what the trip to the moon will be like.:girl:

Mobs look very scary. lol

Is anyone (trusted) planning some kind of cooperative thing so it will be possoble to join in with a limited amount of PEDs? (Around 1k ped rather than say 30k ped). I didn't belong to the selected few who joined the medusa island groups (and no, I won't pay 2x+ overprice).

Is anyone (trusted) planning some kind of cooperative thing so it will be possoble to join in with a limited amount of PEDs? (Around 1k ped rather than say 30k ped). I didn't belong to the selected few who joined the medusa island groups (and no, I won't pay 2x+ overprice).

I believe you can join Mercury's group. Akoz has a 200k investment minimum. Mercury will sell 1k and 10k sized shares. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-Investment&p=3059484&viewfull=1#post3059484

Mercury and Akoz both have threads in the Estates sub-forum seeking investors.

Unimpressed. Disappointed. Confused.

Unimpressed.

This is basically Treasure Island with the Planet Partner revenue model. No new ground is being made.

Disappointed

There is so much under developed content in the game (apartments and estates, events, game play elements like taming) that spending developer hours on this type of thing seems to be misguided. Does Entropia really need more area?

Confused

MA stated they were going to focus on the platform and leave content and attracting players to the Planet Partners. Now MA says they are going to develop a new area that will (I assume) compete against the PP. This makes me wonder if the revenue stream of the PPs is not what was expected. Perhaps MA anticipates some financial troubles for the planets that will result in them taking control.

Yup, I have lost all hope for the game already :(

150k$ cant imagine how much fee they take just from depositing that much money

150k$ cant imagine how much fee they take just from depositing that much money

With a bank transfer the fee is practically non existent.

Unimpressed. Disappointed. Confused.

Unimpressed.

This is basically Treasure Island with the Planet Partner revenue model. No new ground is being made.

Disappointed

There is so much under developed content in the game (apartments and estates, events, game play elements like taming) that spending developer hours on this type of thing seems to be misguided. Does Entropia really need more area?

Confused

MA stated they were going to focus on the platform and leave content and attracting players to the Planet Partners. Now MA says they are going to develop a new area that will (I assume) compete against the PP. This makes me wonder if the revenue stream of the PPs is not what was expected. Perhaps MA anticipates some financial troubles for the planets that will result in them taking control.
That's what i call constructive criticism! +rep
Totally agree with #2 & #3... fix the bugs, re-implement the old features.

Then again, this shows MA hasn't given up on the Universe concept, despite all setbacks with PP's.
All these experiments with the business model - i think i can see the logic behind it. Once the general concept's up and running they can expect this in turn will start driving the whole thing forward.
And if this fails, well, in the big picture the war would be lost anyway, even if u can win several battles here and there.
Any way u look at it, they're actually doing the first things first.

MA tried hard with trying to recruit person-to-person advertisement team from their existing playerbase with the CLD sale project. Looks like it was a wrong bet thou, big part of the online gamers are hopeless losers full of negativity who can't advertise anything even if it's in their own best economic interest. Or maybe even just because of that - they hate themselves so much... lol

The fight is up, the caravan moves forward, who cares about the few barking dogs? :smoke:

awesome.....

Last edited:
How will the caravan move forward, indeed?
Having asked my questions and made my criticisms, I see 2 possibilities.

A: the initial moon IS ready for release in this next vu and MA could easily have said: "Potential investors and other adventurers will be able to visit the moon after this vu, and revenue shares for the lucky winning bidder will count right from the point the moon goes live, not from the point when the auction is won."

B: the moon is NOT ready, with all that this will mean for an investor - uncertainty levels even higher than those encountered with the hussk.

Which do I believe is true? - the version with massive incompetence of communication for not making it clear that we will all be able to find out much much more first hand in just a few days if we want, or the other version?

Weeeellllll, I'm just about holding onto option 'A' for now!

1, new unsold item / estate = Top priority

2 , once sold to players = low or nill priority

Btw i say gz to my new neighbour in raven valley , who thought Ma would do a massive upgrade with the once sold estates in the new VU. I had the same thought in 2009 when i bought the house. lol yeah Whatever

Sold ,forgoten or bugged , why would Ma care , they even dumped a crappy revive in raven valley wich completly killed the area .

Well instead of whining about all negative people here I think its better if you share youre thoughts about why this new moon is a good thing?

Im not saying its bad, but knowing from how MA worked in the past all other stuff that arent fixed yet will be forgotten. Maybe they just do everything backwards, first introduce new planets/moons etc. After that they might start advertising for new players and fix all bugs and stuff like that. Maybe its not that bad to do it backwards, but wouldnt it be more proffesional to fix everything first and then sell the moon, at least I think it would appear to be more proffesional from a investor point of view. But then again, I dont think that the winner of th moon will be someone outside EU, most likely a player.

I must admit that they are fundamental for selling CLD's to players and getting money from that. Now instead of putting money on advertising they are selling this moon and leave the responsibility to the investor to handle advertising lol.

If I had over 150K USD to spare would I buy The Moon ??? Hmmmmmmmm :scratch2:

The thing I missed right away was that it wasn't said that the surface wound't be accessible.

That's what I miss with the asteroid. I think it would be cool to be able to be outside even if there is just oil, lyst and occasional sabakumas - maybe it would even be possible that the gravity for asteroid (and moon surface) would be set lower than normal, to get a different feeling.

As for beginner haven; with only four underground "domes" I guess that beginners pretty fast will be shipped off to Calypso, though likelyhood they will stay will probably be higher if there was some kind of park area with either puny mobs or the classic Calypso beginner level ones (snables/exo/daikiba). The beginners ´spawning´ at the moon probably will miss the gateway missions but it's probably a minor problem if they can take them when they arrive at Calypso.

At beginning of CND (asteroid) there was at least 2-3 domes that were designed for beginners (misc combos of snables, exos and bercs). Plumas is probably a nice beginner level mob aswell though they weren't on CND orgininally and dunno status right now.

If marketing works and the beginners are "shipped" to calypso in a smooth way this can be a good way to bring in new people.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to be able to be outside even if there is just oil, lyst and occasional sabakumas - maybe it would even be possible that the gravity for asteroid (and moon surface) would be set lower than normal, to get a different feeling..

It is possible to have the "In Space on a Moon feel" This is a yet to be released Hub hunting grounds,
entropia_2013-02-13_10-39-17-94.jpg

Notice the black space "skies". Looks amazing and very different feel running around down there with that cool "sky" above. Pretty sure they can leave it like that, so why not do this with the moon also instead of domes.

Well instead of whining about all negative people here I think its better if you share youre thoughts about why this new moon is a good thing?

Well for one thing, the modeling and development people who will be/have been working on this moon ARE NOT the same people that go in and write code for taming and platform systems and they're not the same people who fix bugs in those systems. Two different skill sets and job descriptions, see? Mindark is SUPPOSED to be delivering space content, and that's part of what this is. Mindark is the planet partner, though they are giving the investor [group] a share of the planet partner income for the area and some input in its layout. CLDs have nothing to do with this moon. It has nothing to do with Planet Calypso..

A player-based investor [group] that owns this moon has the potential to do more effective advertising than Mindark. Think about it... how do most people hear about the game? By word of mouth or by user-generated content like forums and blogs. Right now, all the FUD and negativity here on PCF effectively turn away most of the potential users. Somehow the complainers think that negativity and complaining will fix their loot problems and bugs, when all the complaining really does is lower Mindark's income by keeping the playerbase low... which in turn makes them fix things slower.

Well for one thing, the modeling and development people who will be/have been working on this moon ARE NOT the same people that go in and write code for taming and platform systems and they're not the same people who fix bugs in those systems. Two different skill sets and job descriptions, see? Mindark is SUPPOSED to be delivering space content, and that's part of what this is. Mindark is the planet partner, though they are giving the investor [group] a share of the planet partner income for the area and some input in its layout. CLDs have nothing to do with this moon. It has nothing to do with Planet Calypso..

A player-based investor [group] that owns this moon has the potential to do more effective advertising than Mindark. Think about it... how do most people hear about the game? By word of mouth or by user-generated content like forums and blogs. Right now, all the FUD and negativity here on PCF effectively turn away most of the potential users. Somehow the complainers think that negativity and complaining will fix their loot problems and bugs, when all the complaining really does is lower Mindark's income by keeping the playerbase low... which in turn makes them fix things slower.
So what you're saying is, MA do things half-assed which piss end-users off, which in turn gives a bad impression to newcomers by way of end-users discussing the shortfalls of MA publically and this, in your mind, is somehow the end-users fault?
Logical.

Blaming end-users for the shortfalls of a game developer; Priceless.

Last edited:
this is sweet...
this will give someone who is passionate a job of a life time... and hopfully goes to the right person... aka moon manager which might go for a hefty price :p

and the moon!!!!!!!
nice :D
space like ability of expansions.

So what you're saying is, MA do things half-assed which piss end-users off,

I don't think that's the real issue. Sure people think that but other software development companies do a worse job and don't get such complaints. No company is going to be perfect. Would agree there is always room for improvement...

The real issue here I think is the money aspect. The reality is if we do well we don't complain so much. However, if we have bad returns then we aren't exactly going to be happy about it. Some may voice their complaints more than others about anything and everything but what they complain about isn't necessarily the root cause...

i think both Neil and Profit has some good points. Im absolutlive convinced about that pretty much anyone will do better marketing than MA, even my dead cat.

Back