Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned

Btw even if i dont agree with what ma is doing atm, i just hope this moon sold for the most insane price possible...

if ma make a lots of money, they may give back a short part of it in the loots :yay::yay:

By the way, for those of you who didn't know there is a moon being auctioned off soon! Just sayin....

The best thing about the moon is no one is talking about pets the last few days :yay:

Did they say if the new owners will have to give up their avatars like the PP's did?

Since it is on the in-game auction, I tend to think not. But, if they get to specify ore locations and spawn rates and new item/mob designs, it seems that they would have a huge advantage.

The best thing about the moon is no one is talking about pets the last few days :yay:

So as not to disappoint you: now that the announcement is out of the way, how about some pets being brought back, perhaps even moon pets...

MA once said a new PP like entity, was considering building their place based on pets. Now we have a new micro PP moon coming..

So yeah, Taming will come back with the introduction of the moon. However, only the new alien moon mob will be tamable.

Those mobs will be named Tribble's, which if released on other planets will quickly cause a ecological disaster. causing all hunters to stop what they are doing to try to eradicate the plague of Tribble's.

any news where the moon will be located in space near caly or some other planet

MA once said a new PP like entity, was considering building their place based on pets. Now we have a new micro PP moon coming..

So yeah, Taming will come back with the introduction of the moon. However, only the new alien moon mob will be tamable.

Those mobs will be named Tribble's, which if released on other planets will quickly cause a ecological disaster. causing all hunters to stop what they are doing to try to eradicate the plague of Tribble's.

This actually sounds like a cool scenario, and you will need skilled tamers to stop the catastrophe and tame the hordes of tribbles into submission...MA, are you listening...Kim, I know you are watching this buddy, step up!:)

This actually sounds like a cool scenario, and you will need skilled tamers to stop the catastrophe and tame the hordes of tribbles into submission...MA, are you listening...Kim, I know you are watching this buddy, step up!:)
Or we could tame them to loot MA employees!! :yup:

Or the best case scenario we can tame MA employees and actually make them do their job for the first time in 10 years:)

any news where the moon will be located in space near caly or some other planet

Sem that Calypso Planet Partner is not interested to bid and buy it.
And to "save local economy" of moon - MA method will be applied - so moon will be located deep in full PvP lootable space with all support for pirates.
Who knows maybe moon owner will not be ablle to turn off PvP lootable in those caverns too.

As long as we don't exactly know how revenue is generated, we have no clue what we are buying..

As long as we don't exactly know how revenue is generated, we have no clue what we are buying..

Revenue Sharing
Revenue generated through participant activity will be shared with the Moon Manager as follows:

Activity on the moon estate by participants recruited by Moon Manager: 35%
Activity on the moon estate by all other participants: 10%
Activity elsewhere within Entropia Universe by participants recruited by the Moon Manager: 25%

I think the important word here was "generated", not the shared out percentages...

I'm just wondering if the old expression is true here: MA could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you(r avatar).
We sort of know that revenue is "generated" by activity, but have no breakdown into the professions, auction, fuel use etc...

However, I'm still of the opinion, no matter where the moon is placed, that the MM will be more than happy to pay for transferring new moon players to the planet of their choice in the hope that they will stay on a big planet at 25% going to the MM, rather than leaving the game because the moon isn't varied enough.

Have the percentages for current pps changed by the way? 25% seems a very high percentage. Isn't it then half of what MA takes itself in revenues (half of the 50% going to MA)? Maybe it is the incentive to carry out real marketing......... and MA can avoid a field they are bad at by foregoing half their revenue from those new players.

Do a single people in Mindark really think we need any new fucking moon/land/asteroid/mob bullshit?

If we didn't need/want it, it wouldn't get sold.

+1
Think this is exactly what we need. Mindark need some help advertising, and someone to have a huge incentive to do so.

The moon itself only gives 10% so MA risk basicly nothing at all with this sale. They get paid for letting someone advertise for them, Mindark is a genius company sometimes. :D

Sem that Calypso Planet Partner is not interested to bid and buy it.
And to "save local economy" of moon - MA method will be applied - so moon will be located deep in full PvP lootable space with all support for pirates.
Who knows maybe moon owner will not be ablle to turn off PvP lootable in those caverns too.

Ty for answer, but it hard that whoud be far away from caly :wtg:

Do a single people in Mindark really think we need any new fucking moon/land/asteroid/mob bullshit?

Actualy we need 10 more moons and 10 more planets. When this happens Entropia will kill all other MMOs :rocket:

Just because something is sold doesn't mean it is needed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57572185/chinas-real-estate-bubble/

The very nature of capitalism leads some people to buy things not because they are needed, but because they hope to sell them again at a later date for profit. This type of capitalist cares not about anything like the environment, social cohesion, quality of life, etc. Rather, all they care about is making a profit.

If the moon is sold it says little about whether it's needed. More likely it says someone wants to make money off it. The universe be damned.

Just because something is sold doesn't mean it is needed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57572185/chinas-real-estate-bubble/

The very nature of capitalism leads some people to buy things not because they are needed, but because they hope to sell them again at a later date for profit. This type of capitalist cares not about anything like the environment, social cohesion, quality of life, etc. Rather, all they care about is making a profit.

If the moon is sold it says little about whether it's needed. More likely it says someone wants to make money off it. The universe be damned.

So the Moon is made for money, Planet Arkadia is made for money, every game is made for money. What's your point.
And how can you give for example China and talk about capitalism, they are fkn comunists over there.
And instead of keeping their money under the bed they are building cities and buying houses. Whats wrong with that.
And again everything MA make in Entropia is for profit, but better game means more profit, so whats wrong with that too. And the people that will buy the moon will help make the game better and probably make some profit too. Should we hate them too.

Fund gaining steam. PM me if interested in buying. :) Hopefully MA gives new info soon...

The core of this platform is extreme 'Friedmanesque' capitalism, you can't apply that to a (partly) communist area. If someone wants to try and make money the initiative has succeeded. Next to that, I wonder how much MA gains from interests from all the fragmented peds going into new ores/mobs.

So... why hasn't anyone made a "kickstarter" page for this yet? :laugh:

So... why hasn't anyone made a "kickstarter" page for this yet? :laugh:

Well because its against the kickstarter rules obviously :p

(Just looked up http://www.kickstarter.com/help/guidelines and it would violate all three points lol)

There are services that do stuff like group financing, but given that the funds finally arrive at one avatars EU balance even those sites would probably not agree with it.

But there are avatars that found creative ways, look up Akoz the rogue banker.
From what I hear the system works, but also there are some haters hating on him...
not my league anyways hehe.

Back