No ay in hell I would plat this game once it is for real

for me this game is step by step falling apart.
Although there was absolutely no communication whatsoever, I battled earlier in the arena against a couple of people whose pets were obviously not going to win. In the first fight, they gave up. I tried looking for a new fight, came across the same opponent and gave up myself. Although it cost some gold from the lost fight, I had more xp from the exchange, so I entered the arena again. My opponent gave up again, followed by me giving up.
Until now I had been trying to find auto-battles to save time, but it occurs to me that even with no communication at all between players, a win-win progression can be made by each generously giving up half the time. I did also have some battles with more balanced opponents, but even then the outcome could still be predicted well enough based on stats, even if they were closer.

Frankly, on top of all the other problems, I just don't see how MA is going to get on top of this one. In a sense it makes giving up on a battle the same as exploiting if the 'favour' is returned.... except that the two accounts can be perfectly genuine, and the fights are between people who have no contact nor idea who the other one is.

It is becoming less and less likely that I will be supporting ComPet with peds..... it's not looking good....

for me this game is step by step falling apart.
Although there was absolutely no communication whatsoever, I battled earlier in the arena against a couple of people whose pets were obviously not going to win. In the first fight, they gave up. I tried looking for a new fight, came across the same opponent and gave up myself. Although it cost some gold from the lost fight, I had more xp from the exchange, so I entered the arena again. My opponent gave up again, followed by me giving up.
Until now I had been trying to find auto-battles to save time, but it occurs to me that even with no communication at all between players, a win-win progression can be made by each generously giving up half the time. I did also have some battles with more balanced opponents, but even then the outcome could still be predicted well enough based on stats, even if they were closer.

Frankly, on top of all the other problems, I just don't see how MA is going to get on top of this one. In a sense it makes giving up on a battle the same as exploiting if the 'favour' is returned.... except that the two accounts can be perfectly genuine, and the fights are between people who have no contact nor idea who the other one is.

It is becoming less and less likely that I will be supporting ComPet with peds..... it's not looking good....

Thats why i suggested here -> https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?286090-Wintrading to punish all forms of wintrading better with automated system routines instead of just claiming to disqualify those who 'wintrade' from the rewards.
People will always find the weak/unbalanced spots in a system and 'exploit' them, but here we are in the beta to show up how to protect the system from being exploitet and this is what should quickly see some fixes/adjustments.

People will always find the weak/unbalanced spots in a system and 'exploit' them, but here we are in the beta to show up how to protect the system from being exploitet and this is what should quickly see some fixes/adjustments.

Kim wrote: What is win trading you may ask? Its when you have one more more accounts that are set up to lose against a main account over and over again, thus feeding it experience, diamonds and PEDs.

Yes, John, I also wrote that Kim should be happy about people trying stuff exactly because this is beta. Kim should even have a reward fund for people stretching the systems.

What I meant just now is that it goes much deeper than what Kim defined, if accounts do not even know each other and do not communicate even. The problem is INTRINSIC to how people will end up playing the game if they want to progress faster.

[When evaluating, I try and see whether something is just a bug that can be easily fixed, an imbalance that can be tweaked, or a fundamental part of gameplay. We are now beginning to get deeper into areas where I think we are talking more fundamentally. I know you also think about fundamentals a lot from your great suggestions on the space side of EU, but we aren't close enough to be advisors/consultants, and I don't see anybody closer who is up to the job quite frankly...]

[..still thinking and editing lol - in competition examinations of game thoery there was a competition on how a software program could best deal with the prisoner's dilemma. What won was a strategy called benevolent tit for tat. That was quite close to simulating how strangers might perform in a mutually beneficial way over time. At best, maybe MA could make millions and get a nobel prize for economics for researching a new symbiotic play style in virtual gaming? .... :)]

Last edited:
What I meant just now is that it goes much deeper than what Kim defined, if accounts do not even know each other and do not communicate even. The problem is INTRINSIC to how people will end up playing the game if they want to progress faster.

As i said in the other thread - the system has to be adjusted to assure it can not be exploited, i have already given alot of feedback to assure that.
This would solve the issues you pointed out by separating accounts that work 'together' - devalueating their gains and make sure that the 'loosing' account looses more then the 'winning' acount can gain. Including residence levels to further separate main from alt account to the point where having alt accounts would be alot of work while giving less gains then just fighting other players the intended way.

Back