No loot and growing EU

people with the higher dps weapons can lose 200-300$ a day...
and in upwards of 105,000$ (not 100k peds... but $$$$) a year... that is a serious game eh ;)

If I had that kind of cash to 'spend' in EU, I would sooner take up a different pastime, like buying and running a small country.

Same arguments about no loot vs cheaper gear, ammo etc. I suppose the same tyres will be given another 50 retreads, because I constantly see people crossing the line from EU as gambling to EU as gaming . Hiding behind the costs for gear and ammo is, in my opinion, self-deception. As if folks cannot admit they have other issues.

I don't say EU is cheap for most, but we all know it can be played cheap. You can't have it all ways; the $5 slots are always going to be $5 per spin, because of the relative outcomes to the 25 cent slots. Oversimple I admit, but facing down all the motivations to play is not so easy for some, and it never will be.

I like EU and don't have a problem with the costs, since I play cheap or expensive or not at all... I'm not that hooked. I always think the biggest failing is in MA's blindness to the need of clever and well-thought out promotion. If this were the case, costs should and probably would fall.

Last edited:
I cant play for few more days,so i just read what everybody is writing about,and i check entropiatracker now and then...That 30 k from yesterday is from a 1 month old ava.Thats the only thing that upsets me...I have been on a break for 2 years because of that,and it seems that its still happening.Ill stay now,because im new 2:)

Yup it's easy to make some PEDs. But is it fun? Does it reliable pay your rent? Is it more fun than your job and pays you better?
I was here for the fun, apparently it died.

Making some peds in game is a long way from this kind of money. That said, you can make this kind of money but it would require a lerge investment.

As for the fun part, nothing like the rush of hitting a global that is real $$$ vs getting some piece of armor/weapon drop in wow that will be useless in less than few months after a patch. When you spend 4-5 years playing another MMORPG like wow or starwars or whatever at the end you have a few memories and -$15/month + charge for expansions. If I spend the same amount of time and money in EU and level up, each skill at the top is worth north of $30,000 some much more than that.

I hit my first global huntting last night and it was more of rush than all the full loot PvP I did back in UO during the day :wtg:

So what do we all want? One person to hit a 227k ped tower or 10 people to hit a 22k tower or 100 people hitting a 2k claim. Although I see MA's thinking that 227k uber is great advertising, I also see that this one hit can make people not play or even quit. While I'm not sure it had anything to do with it, I have noticed since that hit my fl has 5-10 people on rather than the usuall 15-30 people

Back