Scudd

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Jack Scudd Samuels
Overcrowded CND Domes

Only post if you are a miner on CND, not a hunter. Thanks

Hi,
Instead of continually being negative in NeverDie's Dome reveiw polls, I decided to be proactive and give miners the oppertunity to speak out about their feelings towards the current mobs in the domes on CND.

My oppinion:

I have mined at CND for many years now as many of you will know. I have seen changes over the past, that I feel are starting to have an impact on the mining on CND.

We have seen yet another introduction of 2 new mobs over 3 domes.
Argonaughts in Dome 18, Molisk in Dome 11 and also Molisk in Dome 8.

These are the recent additions but as you may know others have been introduced over the last few years too.

Mining now is becoming increasingly hard with these added mobs as it is now virtually impossible to pass from one end of a dome to the other. This means multiple deaths and revivals, only to re-enter the dome and try to avoid the already mined areas until you make it back to where you were to continue your run. (if possible)

Also the now overcrowded domes sees many miners mining "the same" path through the mobs, many not bothering to mine as the guy in front is mining. Pointless just running around in a dome doing nothing.

I would much rather be dropping bombs than keep dieing. I beleive ND would prefer me to drop bombs too instead of keep running his mobs to the turrets.

For me CND used to be the best place in game to mine, now I am unfortunatly starting to doubt that.

Please dont consider this as a whininng post, I am trying to gather some important feed back to NeverDie that may have a bearing on several things in or around CND.

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

ps: NeverDie, I hope this is more proactive than my recent posts.

Last edited:
I think that main cause to blame is MA - they could easily implement feature providing precise info about tax income ( e.g. amount from hunting/mining ), then owners could easily see what people prefer to do in their estate, and promote it more.

Regarding to CND from purely miners point of view - yes, CND has been made quite crappy place for miners lately, and I seriously doubt that many people are going to CND to hunt allos/ambu/troxes/exos etc because there are better places for it on Calypso ( i'm not talking about unique mobs of course). Seeing detailed information about tax income could help Neverdie to reconsider his actions and help both hunters and miners. I personally think that most income on CND is from mining, but that's just shot in the dark :rolleyes:

I agree 100% with Scudd, as most people know i mine quite hardcore at the moment and i have been spending a lot of time on CND. what i have noticed is that most people i pass by are miners and not hunters. There is a huge demand for mining on cnd and we could use a few domes more dedicated for mining then hunting, we are crowded enough as it is on mining the minable domes at the moment, more dnas always makes it harder. I would bet that the majority of taxes come from mining infact, when i mine up there i pay nd something like 10k peds a month in taxes all by myself and there are several other hardcore miners aswell. I would like neverdie to lighten up a few domes and i think mixing the dnas all the time is also bad for hunters anyways as most people like to dedicate to one mob rather then have a eudoria style mix.

I would suggest to neverdie to dedicate the popular dnas to their own domes and leave other domes with smaller numbers so miners can mine and hunters dont get swarmed with a random mix of creatures, i think this will make everyone happy AND increase neverdies taxes noticeably.

Althou im no big CND fan i can agree that some domes are just to darn crowded and not really mineable allready

All Feedback very Welcome, Please keep Posting also regular CND miners be specific about the Domes u cant mine etc. So i can do a full evaluation by the end of the month.

Althou im no big CND fan i can agree that some domes are just to darn crowded and not really mineable allready

Agreed. That is exactly why I stopped mining up there. I understand the domes are extremely popular for hunting and I am not whining either. I simply realized that I could mine better dirtside.

All Feedback very Welcome, Please keep Posting also regular CND miners be specific about the Domes u cant mine etc. So i can do a full evaluation by the end of the month.

The domes I find hard to mine due to mob aggro are:

Dome 4 - Atrox - Here I find the numbers just too high and I am constantly pestered. Its safe to say I probally mine this dome only once a month if that.

Dome 6 - Caperon - Here is a superb mining dome but the numbers in here I find are aceptable if I were the only miner but too high when several miners are there together.

Dome 8 - Foul,Dakiba,Tripudion,Molisk - I find this dome un-minable now due to high numbers.

Dome 9 - Sabakuma,Atrax - You have to hit a tower in here or you will find it difficult to drill a large claim without attracting the attention of the high aggro mobs. But again another good dome resource wise.

Dome 11 - Longu,Molisk - This dome was a superb Belkar dome but with the addition of the Molisk has become very hard to get through now. Smaller molisk would not be a problem for most miners I think.

Dome 16 - Daspletor - This dome is the only other dome we can mine for Gazzurdite but it seems there is always a dispute going on between miners and hunters in this dome. Needless to say due to PVP the hunters always win.

Dome 18 - Cornoanterion,Argonaught - Here is one of the best Narcanisum domes you have, regulary pulling up more than the other two but is now a dome I dont bother to mine other than the North and South walls due to the introduction of the high aggro Argonaughts.

All the domes I have not mentioned are ok from a miners point of veiw. It would be good to hear others comments on this.

Hope this is informative and helps with your evaluation.

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

wow scudd that was very well written! +rep ND i think he hit it on the head with that one! like he said dome 11 lower maturity molisk, dome 9 lower spawn a little, dome 8 take out the tripudon or lower maturity, and i dont know what to tell you about dome 16. if there is someone in there hunting those huge things then chances are i dont have nothing to stand up to them with :)

I do mine some at CND, not much the last 2-3 weeks since I seem to be in a bad mining loot cycle.
But I like it when there are mobs, since it weeds out some of the miners that dont hunt making it a better mining place if you care to kill the mobs. I can see how the hardcore miners are annoyed with the addition of more dna/mobs.

I havent tried the molisk domes for mining yet, but I have done dome 18 or whichever it was with high maturity argos and I found this dome to pay out pretty well since alot of miners avoid it.

I don't know how the DNA's work, but would it be possible to maybe clear out say 5 domes a week so they are mining domes only?
Week 1 no mobs in 1-5, week 2 no mobs in 6-10 etc?

I mine while hunting so the only dome i have problems with is 6. not quite able to kill these guys yet.

Dome 4 - Atrox - Here I find the numbers just too high and I am constantly pestered. Its safe to say I probally mine this dome only once a month if that.

Dome 6 - Caperon - Here is a superb mining dome but the numbers in here I find are aceptable if I were the only miner but too high when several miners are there together.

Dome 8 - Foul,Dakiba,Tripudion,Molisk - I find this dome un-minable now due to high numbers.

Dome 9 - Sabakuma,Atrax - You have to hit a tower in here or you will find it difficult to drill a large claim without attracting the attention of the high aggro mobs. But again another good dome resource wise.

Dome 11 - Longu,Molisk - This dome was a superb Belkar dome but with the addition of the Molisk has become very hard to get through now. Smaller molisk would not be a problem for most miners I think.

Dome 16 - Daspletor - This dome is the only other dome we can mine for Gazzurdite but it seems there is always a dispute going on between miners and hunters in this dome. Needless to say due to PVP the hunters always win.

Dome 18 - Cornoanterion,Argonaught - Here is one of the best Narcanisum domes you have, regulary pulling up more than the other two but is now a dome I dont bother to mine other than the North and South walls due to the introduction of the high aggro Argonaughts.

All the domes I have not mentioned are ok from a miners point of veiw. It would be good to hear others comments on this.

Hope this is informative and helps with your evaluation.

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

ok im sorry i have to do this cause im a hunter but ur not happy with 7 domes well im not happy with 17 of them. what are u guys complaining about? i like domes 1, 9, and 10. thats it but no one has seen me complain.

ok im sorry i have to do this cause im a hunter but ur not happy with 7 domes well im not happy with 17 of them. what are u guys complaining about? i like domes 1, 9, and 10. thats it but no one has seen me complain.

Feel free to have your oppinion, if you care to read the post you will see it is constructive feed back to NeverDie in an effort to improve things on CND for miners.
No one here is complaining, merely offering feed back to Jon.

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Only post if you are a miner on CND, not a hunter. Thanks

err... so this would be a completely biased thread? No.

Dome 4 - i have to hunt and peck to even find a hanful of atrox.... what u mean u want to mine CND without armor?

dome 8 - if anything, the numbers here are way too sparse

Dome 9 - this +13 are my favourite domes, if anything the spawn is too sparse. the maturity is just right. :) lots of prowlers now

Dome 16 - doesn't seem to stop miners ruining our dasp team hunt by aggroing them

Dome 18 - another of my fave domes, the spawn isn't swarming dunno what ur problem is. There were never enough mobs in here b4, now it's perfect.

Chip some evade+health, buy some armor.

Basically you're saying you want every dome to be good for mining. Bit like saying you want every place in amethera and eudoria to be minimum spawn minimum maturity.

I agree

I highly agree with this post, if I had a nickel for everytime i bitched to ND about the densities of mobs in his domes, I wouldn't be jealous of anyone in the ATH list:rolleyes:. I mean come on, when most of your income is coming from us miners, treat us with respect. We do not want to put up with all the noob landowner crap :mad: we see on amethra (maximizing multiple DNA on a land to the point it is practicly useless to miners) so we come to CND and try to mine. Let's see some changes geared towards us for a change ND, we do not even get to participate in most of your events.

P.S. You can go pretty much anywhere on eudoria and hunt atrox young and the atrax sizes you have up there, why would we want to pay 6% tax to be mobbed to death and suffer more decay:scratch2:?

Feel free to have your oppinion, if you care to read the post you will see it is constructive feed back to NeverDie in an effort to improve things on CND for miners.
No one here is complaining, merely offering feed back to Jon.

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

I read the post. I even read the thread. Constructive feedback includes both positive and negative input. I see nothin in your posts that are postivie. With nothin but talkin about the negative, you are complainging no matter what you want to call it.

Work together

Why cant hunters and miners work together? Or put together a team of hunters and miners hunters work out ahead of miners.
It seems to me that you cant have every dome for miners or every dome for hunters.
No matter what ND does it will effect someone, so work together cause i really dont think there is a way to make it easy for both miners and hunters.

Just my twp pecs.:D:twocents:

Queen....

Possible alternative

As most of you know you cannot move DNA from one dome to the other. So perhaps ND can alternate, 3 month set to low density for miners 3 months set to high density for hunters.
Do this for mabey a year see how that works out, just a thot.:)

Dome 2 for me is brutal…lol….Shrooms own me.

Dome 6 can be hard….caperon are pretty aggressive when you get too close.…limits where you can mine without big guns…

Dome 9 was pretty good for my lvl until recently…seems in the last couple of weeks that the maturity may have been bumped a bit…seems all I see now are Alpha and Old Alpha….just a tad to much for me.

Dome 11… I don’t mind the Molisks, but Hunter is a bit too much for me as well…

Of course domes 16-20 are meant to be uber domes…so I can’t mine them effectively, (I still mine em though :D)

I’m a hardcore miner, and used to get very frustrated with most domes….but over the last few months I’ve been skilling up on my hunting , so I now can do many of the domes much better, and my enjoyment and returns have increased.

I see the points everyone is making considering the huge spawns in many of the domes, however, also consider for a moment that unique events like Champions League would be tough to run, without big spawns of big mobs….

Maybe the answer is say domes 1-10 geared a bit more towards mining, and 11-20 geared a bit more towards hunting??

Just a thought, perhaps ND as part of your review, maybe you should lose your armour and gun,, or at least use a mid level equipment, and try to mine each dome….may give you a bit of an idea where many are coming from.

Either way, ND I’m giving you a +rep for at least listening to everyone, and welcoming the feedback.

Last edited:
I agree - most people go to CND to mine - unless they are going to hunt dasps, caperons, or cornaterion - those domes shoujld be left alone - hto i have to say that dome 18 is no unminable cuz of the argos.

My suggestion would be to remove the dna from or turn down density to the bottom in AT LEAST 3 domes.

most of your money comes from mining im sure - so make some empty domes so we can mine more and die less.

rofl Scuddy ur collecting EFDs again are ya? ;-)

I've been on CND for a little while now, but beginning to think i might go back down... lots of domes are unminable now. 18 is particularly hard, 20 was tough tonight, 8 is a nightmare. It seems to me it all used to be a little better balanced.

That might be true, but this is one of the best hunting domes up on cnd by far!!

Scudd, thanks for starting this discussion :)

Neverdie, thanks for reading what we want to say. Most of your income comes from miners and I am happy you want to know our opinion... at last.

I am quite often at CND and when I come there I do it for mining. I can handle most of mobs there, but not all.

The domes I do not write about are marvelous :D but....

Dome 4 - too many troxes... I know you had to max them for event, but now it is over so let us mine there in peace... I hate what was going on there during the event with people dragging troxes for the killers (my ghost + 4a decay was 50ped after one run there!)
Dome 6 - one of best for mining imho, but I can go there only when someone cleared the mobs and do it fast before they respawn, please reduce them a bit :rolleyes:
Dome 8 - unminable nightmare....
Dome 9 - maybe, just maybe, lower the maturity?
Dome 11 - it was my favorite dome, now I have to avoid it. I can kill big molisks, but what is the reason if I kill one Hunter (unless it gives me a crit) and then it appears I need to kill 10 more to get to the TP on the other side of the dome... :(
Dome 16 - I understand you need daspletors, but could we have a bit less of them? If they are hunted they respawn, but if there are only miners there it sucks at the moment. I had a nightmare there with a stubborn dasp that stood on my claim, when I got him killed by a turret another one spawned just on my claim again.....
Dome 18 - unminable nightmare.... I like argos, and unfortunately they seem to like to attack me even more

Since we have so many hunters and high level players who want to do both - mine and hunt why don't we get some agreement here?
Let's say when the hunting event is going on in some domes max the spawn there, and lower it in the rest so miners have a place to play.
Or make a miners week and then hunters week. I think that 3 months period is too long for most of miners to keep out of CND.... well it is for me anyway.

As for hunting at CND you can hunt most of those mobs down on planet, only few are unique. But it is hard to find a spot with this sort of mining possibilities. So hunters, please, mind that you are not alone in the game.

Im a bit surprised about the wish to reduce the amount of mobs in order to improve the situation for the miners at CND. In my world the problem is that there is to many miners at cnd creating the "slot machine" affect of the return you get. Easier mobs would just mean more miners, but horrible conditions. Personally I would prefer more, tougher mobs that reduce the amount of miners and leave room for the ones that are determined to mine the domes.

Im a bit surprised about the wish to reduce the amount of mobs in order to improve the situation for the miners at CND. In my world the problem is that there is to many miners at cnd creating the "slot machine" affect of the return you get. Easier mobs would just mean more miners, but horrible conditions. Personally I would prefer more, tougher mobs that reduce the amount of miners and leave room for the ones that are determined to mine the domes.

From a business stand point you need to ask what is more profitable. A few uber hunters or a bunch of mid-range miners? My guess the miners make CND more money. Even with reduced mob numbers there would still be plenty of mobs to hunt. I don't think having the majority of the domes unminable is what ND wants. I am far from being an uber hunter but I love to mine and I like going to CND but cannot make it through any dome but dome 3and occationally dome 2, 6 and 15 which really restricts my experience there. The rest of the domes the mobs are just too big and too many of them for me to get too far away from the TP's but I go in anyway and see how far I can get probably mining where other miners have already mined. I have not been up there since the Molisk and Argos were added but I am sure from what others are saying I would venture into those domes once and not go back in. 4 was that way last trip during the Mayhem even. Go in once, get mobbed by 30 trox and never go back in there.

Mining is brutal and cutthroat on CND. I am both a hunter and miner so I enjoy having the advantage of clearing a path through mobs and mining an area other miners cannot access. In fact I have stumbled along some pretty decent hunting and mining loots doing this. If you are a strict miner then team up with a hunter to clear the way for you or arm yourself and clear it on your own. I know when I mine there I take limited ammunition(due to weight) but its usually enough to make it through 3-4 domes in the general direction I want to go whether there are mobs in the way or not.

Its a challenge to mine even on Calypso. CND is a challenge. Just like anything in EU you adapt to the situation. I don't gripe that Daspletors kick my ass in the domes they are in, so ND should limit the spawn to one or two mobs. I simply adapt to the situation and mine those domes when AoW is team hunting there and clearing the way or I avoid the mobs. It doesnt mean I don't get killed I do quite often in Dasp or Big Corna domes I just have to revive, return, and run the Dasp or Big Corna from my claim.

I think the main issue is attracting more hunters to CND so they can team up with miners and clear pathways. Most of the domes on CND don't contain super hard mobs its do-able for most mid range hunter/miners.

I like the spawns on CND and I enjoy the challenge of clearing an area and maybe finding something that a miner on auto-run drop bomb/probe every few seconds unarmored and unarmed cannot get too.

Maybe more miners should take on such a challenge, it definitely takes mining to a new level. Unless most are just waiting to auto-run ATH then I guess the challenge is a moot point.

O well, this is just my opinion though good luck on which ever way ND sets up CND.

From a business stand point you need to ask what is more profitable. A few uber hunters or a bunch of mid-range miners? My guess the miners make CND more money. Even with reduced mob numbers there would still be plenty of mobs to hunt. I don't think having the majority of the domes unminable is what ND wants. I am far from being an uber hunter but I love to mine and I like going to CND but cannot make it through any dome but dome 3and occationally dome 2, 6 and 15 which really restricts my experience there. The rest of the domes the mobs are just too big and too many of them for me to get too far away from the TP's but I go in anyway and see how far I can get probably mining where other miners have already mined. I have not been up there since the Molisk and Argos were added but I am sure from what others are saying I would venture into those domes once and not go back in. 4 was that way last trip during the Mayhem even. Go in once, get mobbed by 30 trox and never go back in there.

If a few domes were set up idealy, I'm certain a bunch of us mid level hunters could give those mid level miners a run for what's profitable. I'm just waiting for the day I can get a dome that does well enough for me that I can camp the crap out of it more than happy to make CND more successful. I skill faster on CND and that's a definite incentive. I just need a dome or two with large quantites of the types of mobs I hunt and I anticipate happy times ahead and I know of at least a few others that are on board with this. I like lots of small decently agro mobs, but not snables and exas, and my lack of FA skills shows how much I prefer to spend my time shooting rather than fapping and, right now, CND requires more fapping than I'm accustomed to.

You must not have been in dome 4 when KittyLee and I were there. We know you miners aren't happy with a lot of high agro mobs, so when we see the opportunity to do so, we work to clear the miner's path. It doesn't really matter which mobs we're shooting as long as we're shooting them. More than one miner has been pleased with our efforts too. Sirc is right with his approach with AoW. CND is the perfect environment for symbiotic relationships between hunters and miners. Maybe hunters can be a little more understanding and helpful to the miners and ask if they would like some help and miners can be a little more vocal about asking a hunter if they mind clearing the path and be more understanding of our desire for more mobs, even the ones that are other than mining friendly.

Hugs,
Aliana

If a few domes were set up idealy, I'm certain a bunch of us mid level hunters could give those mid level miners a run for what's profitable. I'm just waiting for the day I can get a dome that does well enough for me that I can camp the crap out of it more than happy to make CND more successful. I skill faster on CND and that's a definite incentive. I just need a dome or two with large quantites of the types of mobs I hunt and I anticipate happy times ahead and I know of at least a few others that are on board with this. I like lots of small decently agro mobs, but not snables and exas, and my lack of FA skills shows how much I prefer to spend my time shooting rather than fapping and, right now, CND requires more fapping than I'm accustomed to.

You must not have been in dome 4 when KittyLee and I were there. We know you miners aren't happy with a lot of high agro mobs, so when we see the opportunity to do so, we work to clear the miner's path. It doesn't really matter which mobs we're shooting as long as we're shooting them. More than one miner has been pleased with our efforts too. Sirc is right with his approach with AoW. CND is the perfect environment for symbiotic relationships between hunters and miners. Maybe hunters can be a little more understanding and helpful to the miners and ask if they would like some help and miners can be a little more vocal about asking a hunter if they mind clearing the path and be more understanding of our desire for more mobs, even the ones that are other than mining friendly.

Hugs,
Aliana

Can't argue with that. I was just giving the point of view of a somewhat noob to EU and CND. I guess what I was trying to say is that it seems a couple of the domes can be adjusted to accomodate us less skilled hunters/miners. Part of the thrill for me is trying to get through some of these domes but some are just way too thick with mobs. I mean I can take out a trox young or two at a time, I cannot take out 30. Anyhow, whatever happens I hope everyone is happy with the outcome and I will still go back and be mob food. CND is great :D

I read the post. I even read the thread. Constructive feedback includes both positive and negative input. I see nothin in your posts that are postivie. With nothin but talkin about the negative, you are complainging no matter what you want to call it.

ND is currently reveiwing the domes for hunters in the way of dome reveiws with mob polls, this thread was created for miners to give feed back on their proffesion on CND.

What he said :lolup::lolup:

Back