Paint Drop Information

Status
Have just looted Purple from Troopers.

add amount info!

Hey, I have an idea to improve this data a little more.
What about adding info about how often the mobs drop those paints. And order mobs in that way too, the ones who drop more often come first.

Color
Mob2(veryoften), Mob3(often), Mob1(often), Mob4(common), Mob28(rare)

This would help even more to decide what to hunt to get the desired paint. Some people allready stated how much from one paint they got from the mobs.

I give it a little start with

Deep Cadmium
Hispidus(Often), Ambulimax(Common)

Dark Blue
Hispidus(rare)

Hey, I have an idea to improve this data a little more.
What about adding info about how often the mobs drop those paints. And order mobs in that way too, the ones who drop more often come first.

Color
Mob2(veryoften), Mob3(often), Mob1(often), Mob4(common), Mob28(rare)

This would help even more to decide what to hunt to get the desired paint. Some people allready stated how much from one paint they got from the mobs.

I give it a little start with

Deep Cadmium
Hispidus(Often), Ambulimax(Common)

Dark Blue
Hispidus(rare)

Great idea except.....different people will have a different idea of what is "Often" and what is "Common" ? If we could define the parameters a bit that would make it a bit more useful i think

e.g. 30 cans of paint after killing 100 mobs = Uncommon or something along those lines? Just a thought.

Great idea except.....different people will have a different idea of what is "Often" and what is "Common" ? If we could define the parameters a bit that would make it a bit more useful i think

e.g. 30 cans of paint after killing 100 mobs = Uncommon or something along those lines? Just a thought.
You could start by using Entropedia's Loot Frequency Ranks chart as a reference, for example... ;)

was thinking the same as leeloo...
On feffos
with around 500k ammo

Violet cream: very often
Deep cadium: from bigger feffos (only?): only 2 or 3 times looted.. soo rare?
Light green: looted once so that makes it rare (was from berserker)
Pink: looted once so i guess thats rare too
Mauve: looted once so i guess rare too
Blue: looted around 5 times.. uncommon? or rare?
Olive: looted twice so rare

feffos drop many dif paints but too bad all of them are rare

I possibly just made the longest first post in history. I included a few more details as it appears as if the drop-rate isn't only determined by the creature, but also by the maturity level. The drop-rate is also different for certain creatures.

Thus, please post how often the paint is looted from your creature, and which maturity level you looted it from. Thanks for your help!

I possibly just made the longest first post in history. I included a few more details as it appears as if the drop-rate isn't only determined by the creature, but also by the maturity level. The drop-rate is also different for certain creatures.

Thus, please post how often the paint is looted from your creature, and which maturity level you looted it from. Thanks for your help!

Oh noes you've got Burnt Umber twice in there. I suppose the second is supposed to be Dark Wine. Unacceptable mistake for such a long first pots :D

Oh noes you've got Burnt Umber twice in there. I suppose the second is supposed to be Dark Wine. Unacceptable mistake for such a long first pots :D

Hehe, thanks. It's been fixed!

I get Brown from Exas quite often since VU 9.0. I haven't bothered to try quantifying it up till now but I certainly get several cans for every few peds I blow on Exa young and mature while sweat-hunting.

The list have been updated. Thanks goes to everyone for keeping me informed. I would however love it if someone would help me sort these unknown mobs to.

I will try to help, here's just a couple that i'm sure of, and I'll get back with more info.

High Maturity Longu drop tons of Orange
Low Maturity Argo drop tons of Brown

Got Violet Cream from Exa Alpha. They are pretty rare near the rig but I've never gotten any from the more common dominant.

I spent a couple days at CND and went through each dome(all except the dasp domes ;) ), I know more time and more exact stat keeping would be better, but I think I can fill in a few, so here is generally what I found.

Orange

High Maturity

Looted mostly from these mobs:
Snablesnot, Longu
Looted occasionally from these mobs:
Prancer
Rarely looted from these mobs:

Green

High Maturity

Snablesnot

Brown

High Maturity

Berycled, Atrax, Fungoid, Prancer

Turqoise

Low Maturity

Looted occasionally from these mobs
Fungoid

Violet Cream

High Maturity

Tripudion, Cornundacauda

Light Green

High Maturity

Atrox

Mauve

High Maturity

Atrox

Allophyl

Deep Cadmium

High Maturity

Atrax, Foul

Dark Blue

High Maturity

Atrax

Rippersnappers drop pink and violet cream - I think low maturity/occasional will be the right spot (I haven't tried higher maturities recently).

dark wine from caperon young, only a few cans at a time about every 20k ammo from what i've done so far

Did another 50k ammo round on nexnecis tonight. Looted 12 olive, 2 dark wine and 50 ped tt of "cream"

Some more info to add.

- Frequent Brown paint from Argonauts
Young to Guardian (Not sure on Raiders & Scavengers)

- Frequent Brown paint from Molisks - Young to Gatherer

- Frequent Deep Cadnium from Argonaut - Hunters

- Frequent Deep Cadnium from Ambulimax - Old

- Artist da House amount of Violet Cream - Feffoid
Guard/Raider/Warrior/Zerker/Hunter/Warlord

- Occassional Olive from Feffoid Outcast/Bandit & sometimes Guard

- Ocassional Violet Cream from ...
Trip you'd be on if you lick their back too many times - Tripudion
(young/matue & old)

- Very rarely Navy blue from Tripudion Old

- Frequent Orange from Bristlehog - Young and Mature

- Frequent Green from Bristlehog - Mature & Old

- Occassional Light Green from Old / Provider & Guardians

- Frequent Blue from Bercyled - Young / Mature & Old

- Rarely blue from Ambulimax's - Young & Mature

- Rarely purple from Ambulimax's - Mature & Old

- Frequent Pink from Malfoids - Guard / Raider / Warrior

- Frequent green from Cornundos - Maturity ?
(did not take note of exact maturity levels, young to olds)

** scratches head, Prohart stole the rest of the info in my sleep, so those are the only details I can supply for now, having killed many of each since the VU.

Hope this helps,
Fire Sparkz Lavawalker

+Rep to you for starting this thread, and a little donation too. :D

Last edited:
Good Work Sarah !

Umber
low maturity
occasionally
Atrox

Mauve
low maturity
occasionally
Atrox

Aww, I'll try again tomorrow.

Almost looks as if the high-end cans drop from just about every creature, but only the tough ones. I heard that white dropped from Atrox as well, but only the Stalkers.

2 cans White from scip few days ago, can't remember maturity, was in the high mat. area tho.
Doesn't look like it is an "mob-specific" drop, no other White in the last weeks from those.

Just finished a 50k ammo oculus hunt. I got alot of brown as usual. In addition I looted a few cans of pink, dark blue and burnt umber :)

another great thread sarah, unfortunately I haven't been taking much notice, however I will from now on and will post my results for you soon

Have recently looted Blue a few times from low maturity Gradi, and Olive also from low maturity Gradi.

30k hunt on phasm got:

light green 16
violet cream 235
brown 429

Status
Back