Peititon: re-enable T in space

Space is full of risk, and those that wish to take it should do so equally, and without undercutting investments in large spacecraft. IMO. There should be something to even the playing field of risk/reward for space. Fixing this "T" shortcut and the observed speed difference issues, would be a fantastic start.
Have you read the thread?

I doubt that anybody here has any interest whatseover in undercutting invesrtments in large spacraft.

Narfi actually owns a large spacecraft, I work on one, virtually full -time, and often need to travel by quad to get to and from my job! I've actually taken out a subscription on a second MS to help cut down the quad travel, but it doesn't help much due to overlap in schedules. Also, a lot of passengers need to travel by quad because MS services are not available at a suitable time.

You might enjoy spending an hour cruising through space, but for many , they just want to get from planet A to planet B without using up half their play time in the process! This is especially true for mothership crews, who will be planetphopping fpr 2-3 hours in any case.

Also if you never had a problem, then you are very lucky. I've found myself unable to get away from "deep space" til I had some experience, unable to find the Mothership I was trying to join, so having to T instead; unable to enter an SS without T-ing , due to a bug; stuck in the pasenger seat of a quad when a pilot dc-ed....

the list is endless

jay :)

PS all this stuff about "seperating planetary economies" is total BS as applied to this issue. All the big traders and nearly all the small ones travel by MS or privateer, because they can't afford to risk losing their goods. This issue doesn't affect them in the least.

I'll /sign my support for bringing back the T function.

Because it is very much a pain to find and enter the proper mother ship with out T. I know if I pay to use a mother ship, or am crew on a mother ship, when I go to join the ship its a massive chaotic parking lot of ships, so much lag I can not even see all the ships, cant read the names on half of them, and they all look the same.

I usually can NOT easily locate the proper ship to enter. I then resort to hitting T to enter the mother ship. how will I enter now? wait a half hour for all the ships to load, fly to each one to see which one it is, and hope I stumble onto the right one?

What if that mother ship is a privateer and not docked? how do I enter then?

I guess I will try ctrl +F4 like has been suggested, this method should work for server hoping travel, not sure how well it will work for ship boarding.

I'll /sign my support for bringing back the T function.

Because it is very much a pain to find and enter the proper mother ship with out T. I know if I pay to use a mother ship, or am crew on a mother ship, when I go to join the ship its a massive chaotic parking lot of ships, so much lag I can not even see all the ships, cant read the names on half of them, and they all look the same.

I usually can NOT easily locate the proper ship to enter. I then resort to hitting T to enter the mother ship. how will I enter now? wait a half hour for all the ships to load, fly to each one to see which one it is, and hope I stumble onto the right one?

What if that mother ship is a privateer and not docked? how do I enter then?

I guess I will try ctrl +F4 like has been suggested, this method should work for server hoping travel, not sure how well it will work for ship boarding.

So basically you want a MA to add a function(that is used by others to AVOID travel costs by simply sitting there and waiting to teleport for free across space once the server border is found) so you can travel, without traveling, because when you travel, you lag because your PC can't handle space?

Makes sense :dunce::laugh::yay::confused:

Personally, my PC costed me 400 USD almost 2 years ago, I play on very high settings in space, at calypso space station with 55-60 FPS...

Playing a game with high end graphics needs a computer that can process graphics... Might be time for a upgrade for you if the 'lag' you are talking about is actual FPS drops (then your pc would be the issue)

if you lag by ping, ms w/e you would call it... it is probably time to give up that 52k dial modem

I strongly vote NO for this function, just trying to understand why you want it back =)

Fair play!
Bring back T or disable it on all planets!!!

edit: that also means jumping out of a vehicle gives a revive on the spot

We are all so accustomed to use T as means of transport, but if u think about it it's stupid.

I'd say MA cured the wrong disease thou. Disabling reviving doesn't change anything, cause u can always bypass it by with a simple relog... If MA really wanna make a change they should make us revive back to the last visited revival - which in Space means:
But it still should be always the revive of the last spaceserver they were registered to until they make at least 90-95% of the way to the next revive to avoid cutting short travels.

Last edited:
Have you read the thread?

I doubt that anybody here has any interest whatseover in undercutting invesrtments in large spacraft.

Narfi actually owns a large spacecraft, I work on one, virtually full -time, and often need to travel by quad to get to and from my job! I've actually taken out a subscription on a second MS to help cut down the quad travel, but it doesn't help much due to overlap in schedules. Also, a lot of passengers need to travel by quad because MS services are not available at a suitable time.

You might enjoy spending an hour cruising through space, but for many , they just want to get from planet A to planet B without using up half their play time in the process! This is especially true for mothership crews, who will be planetphopping fpr 2-3 hours in any case.

Also if you never had a problem, then you are very lucky. I've found myself unable to get away from "deep space" til I had some experience, unable to find the Mothership I was trying to join, so having to T instead; unable to enter an SS without T-ing , due to a bug; stuck in the pasenger seat of a quad when a pilot dc-ed....

the list is endless

I do see your points, read them, and they are very logical, it just i snt MA's style to think that way. )

For the record I agree on all points you made here, they are a problem, and we need a fix, but without T being reimplemented. IMO

But the removal of T as a shortcut is necessary IMO. (the loss of the other uses of T are not, as you stated)

My point is that the entire space design was intended to be this way, whether we like it or not, in order to give PP's a chance to succeed. And this is one of the only ways to limit planetary loot transfer.

Happiness of the player base (me included) should be ignored, this is a balance issue and a needed one.

I mention investments in MS because that is why they were designed to be as they are, being one of the only ways to travel, and people made large purchases based on that "assumed?" fact. And I am sure no-one is out to get them, but having T in place does impact their revenue, I would guess to a large degree.

Just as I don't mind the travel, where many do, some MS owners just own them for fun, and many do not.

Whether not having T will impact them I am unsure, it sure is more of a hassle to get on board outside of SS.

Space and the ability to travel to new planets is simply an option, not a requirement.

I can completely see why MA, and any other PP would want these restrictions in place.

As well as any other person in game who likes MU,which should be all of us. This should help raise general MU, and make planetary trading more lucrative, which helps everyone get a little more out of the game.

MA and PP's simply dont want us moving around so freely, and until that calms down, I think we will see changes like this, and other's.

PP in particular, which MA has an obligation to help facilitate success, with corrections such as this.

Just look at the auctions on all of the planets, there is no way that is in a PP's best interest, and certainly not in the players'.

I may have misrepresented, I have had a share of issues in space, but getting to destination was never influenced at all by T. That is not to say I havnt spent "days" floating in space to other issues.
Then again, T hadn't worked in those instances anyhow.

In the end I see one thing: MU values.

MU values suck now compared to what they could be, and that should be something we all want to rise. Limiting space is one fairly certain way of altering MU values between planets. Aside from universal loot redistribution, which obviously still wasn't enough to get the effect they wanted.

How they came about a solution to their problem was not pretty, and has alot of subsequent issues, like the ones you stated here.

They could have come up with a massively better solution to address all of these, but keeping T out is something I think we will have to just get used to, regardless of how loud we become.

PS all this stuff about "seperating planetary economies" is total BS as applied to this issue. All the big traders and nearly all the small ones travel by MS or privateer, because they can't afford to risk losing their goods. This issue doesn't affect them in the least.

Actually this is kind of the point as well that I made about MS.

This is what traders buy, it is their expense like a gun, whether they buy a privateer/MS,(UL) or access to a Privateer/MS. (L).

The ones who use T are a different bunch, they are entire pedcards leaving a planet to go spend at another AND non stackable Inventories. MA and PP do not want that happening, so they do what they can to stop it.

One way or the other, there is a cost for "planet transfer", T affects that cost, and MA doesn't like that.

Last edited:
If MA really wanna make a change they should make us revive back to the last visited revival

Then it would really suck if you travel all the way Calypso Rocktropia, and then when you're approaching Rocktropia space station, some "pirate" wants to have some pvp-"fun", shoots you down (within 30 seconds even if you're in the safe area) - and sends you back to Calypso space station.

MA and PP's simply dont want us moving around so freely, and until that calms down, I think we will see changes like this, and other's.

PP in particular, which MA has an obligation to help facilitate success, with corrections such as this.

When Next Island was launched, I got the feeling they did want people to be able to freely go to/from NI. I remember some question about the cost to go to NI, and at first they didn't understand the question but rather answered it would need some sort of consumable crystals to go to "Ancent Greece" - and when interplanetary teleporters were implemented they said they had 40 ped fee because it was "mandated by MA".

I may have misrepresented, I have had a share of issues in space, but getting to destination was never influenced at all by T. That is not to say I havnt spent "days" floating in space to other issues.
Then again, T hadn't worked in those instances anyhow.

Main case I have used "T" has been to get into a space station like Howling Mines when I havent' found the entrance. Before space was "enlarged" and I flew through space I didn't use T for the simple reason that I didn't want to arrive at a space station potentially surrounded by pirates.

After enlargement by space I haven't flewn through by myself.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence on this one. I have never been into using "T" - even on old-school TP runs, and I prefer to fly through space than to keep jumping from Station to Station using "T" anyway.

Where I have mostly often used "T" in Space is to return to base after a hunting run. It does save fuel - not a big deal, time - not a huge deal, and risk - not a huge deal either. There were only three ways back - fly back, die back, and "T" back - and all have risks but frankly none are very risky.

I've been on a bit of a Space hunting break (after reaching my goal of 4k in heavy weapons) - but when I go back, it won't make much difference to me.

Space has much bigger issues than to "T" or not to "T" and with Space still in it's early childhood I am far more interested in the changes still to come. I'm going to stay on the fence and wait to see what the next Space update contains, the better to see what MA has in mind going forward.

:beerchug:

Miles

Main case I have used "T" has been to get into a space station like Howling Mines when I havent' found the entrance. Before space was "enlarged" and I flew through space I didn't use T for the simple reason that I didn't want to arrive at a space station potentially surrounded by pirates.

Please pay attention to this , guys. This is how the majority think. T was never used to transport goods a little more cheaply, unless by idiots, for the exact reason stated by aia

Please also note that the saving in fuel by T-ing was peanuts. You still had to pay for more than half the fuel-burn. full thruster decay, full landing fee, and extra quad repair (not only because it decays when you T, but also because T-ing means you will get caught by pirates frequently). MA has plenty of ways to make you pay for space travel, and can always increase them if they think they are losing revenue.

Where T has been used to cut joueneys, it was only used to save some of the time (less than 50% , normally, due to strategic placing of revives by MA) not fuel. Now unless have come to space to hunt, you will be spending PED a great deal faster on planet, AND enjoying it more. Bad for the economy? :laugh:

Also note that it is now cheaper, as well as faster and safer to travel by mothership than by quad, if you can fit with their schedules (which are being expanded all the time) or if you club together with some friends. Motherships do no T, they warp. So if you really want to make things hard for small-time traders , you are looking at the wrong issue entirely.

Last edited:
/signed

Bemo Guinness Stout

-Bemo-

Last edited:
IMO people who travel in sleipnirs / quads should have an eject/exit command for when their shuttle gets stuck for what reason ever so that they could die in space and revive.
But it still should be always the revive of the last spaceserver they were registered to until they make at least 90-95% of the way to the next revive to avoid cutting short travels.
Gotta argue with this , since some people continue to agree.

It;s not just getting stuck that this effects. Amongst other things, its accidental DC by pilot, or passenger, which is often MA's own fault (client instabilty, server going down etc) and is any case pretty common. On long space journeys the chances of this happening are pretty big. and the chances that it will set you back a long, rather than carry you forward, are also pretty big already (due to the way MA arranged the revives).

If it gets any more problematical that it already is, and if you get set back even further than you already do, then it becomes a really hige disincentive to tavelling by quad at all. That might suit you, John, but if that's MA's big plan, them they should simply remove small vessels from the game, to save player frustration.

I have often given lifts to noobs, when I've had enough spare time to go back for them if they DC en route ( a more frequent occurence with noobs for some reason). I like to think I am helping EU to grow by intoducing new players to other planets, and giving them more to explore. But if I am penalized for this by anywhere near as much as you propose, I will surely stop completely. Good for the economy? :laugh:

Now, to all these people who "never use T" and don't see why others should. Does the same go for planet-side?

Ignore this fuel cost red-herring, and reasons for using T in space are exactly the same as reasons for using T on planet.

If MA are gonna keep T in space disabled, then they should disable for planets too. The small inconvience this might cause to players will be considerably reduced by the much shorter distances on-planet. So nobody should have anything to complain about, right?

I have never been into using "T" - even on old-school TP runs

A bit off-topic, but back in VU9 when I did TP-runs to Hadesheim, my route was Orthos-Spidercrater, where I pointed out Healing pond (blue mist), and from there through the eastern "cave" (well not really a cave) a pretty long distance with huge hillsides right and left and sky faar above. At the end of the "cave" where it "surfaced", this accidently happened to be just on the other side of a revival line, I either let them hug some argonauts, or, well, T.

The T:ing then took us a pretty decent distance to the north to an postpost. From that outpost, a short run to the west to Hadesheim Outpost teleporter - it was a teleporter without anything else (no turrets, no outpost building). From there, run north to Hadesheim, to get the teleporters and for a city tour featuring shopping district, the bar, the auction house(!), hadesheim C TP, the marketplace, and the shopping district east of teh marketplace (with the MA operated shops).

From that shopping area, trying to remember which door to arrive at a cool "corridor" (giving some kind of subway feeling) when running towards Hadesheim East TP. You couldn't see the TP from within hadesheim itself as it was hidden behind a small (5m high or so) hill.

Hadesheim Outpost TP

After we did the teleporters in Hadesheim, optionally we went down (TP:d) to Hadesheim Outpost TP (you know the TP with nothing else). Standing in the middlle of the TP, we T:d, and arrived at teh outpost in the forest (south of the TP). From there a climb over the hills and some spider safari. After we spotted a nice spider, I tagged it, and the nice spider took us right back to Orthos. (Orthos was useful if the TP-run begun in Camp Phoenix rather than from PA/through Orthos on way "up".)

Another place "T" was pretty useful was as an escape from the outpost west of troy. If you remember that outpost, to the south and east there were drones and warriors just waiting to kill you, to the southeast and northeast big spiders, and to the north "huge" atrox.

There were basically two ways out: Either follow coast south, run around the southern "tip" of the continent and T there at the right sight of the "tip" to get to troy (you know the tip where there was a smiling face in the bottom of the sea - I think legend says it was made by some happy miner who had gotten a HOF there). If doing the southern run, one compulsory detour was visiting the "hidden island" (legend say something about something with umbranoids).

The other way to escape was to get out to the coast first (watching out for big atrox - which usually was doable), and swim to a certain point (near where the river from Zychion came out), and then "T", and you'd arrive safely at Port Atlantis.

Last edited:
Gotta argue with this , since some people continue to agree.

It;s not just getting stuck that this effects. Amongst other things, its accidental DC by pilot, or passenger, which is often MA's own fault (client instabilty, server going down etc) and is any case pretty common. On long space journeys the chances of this happening are pretty big. and the chances that it will set you back a long, rather than carry you forward, are also pretty big already (due to the way MA arranged the revives).

If it gets any more problematical that it already is, and if you get set back even further than you already do, then it becomes a really hige disincentive to tavelling by quad at all. That might suit you, John, but if that's MA's big plan, them they should simply remove small vessels from the game, to save player frustration.

I have often given lifts to noobs, when I've had enough spare time to go back for them if they DC en route ( a more frequent occurence with noobs for some reason). I like to think I am helping EU to grow by intoducing new players to other planets, and giving them more to explore. But if I am penalized for this by anywhere near as much as you propose, I will surely stop completely. Good for the economy? :laugh:

Now, to all these people who "never use T" and don't see why others should. Does the same go for planet-side?

Ignore this fuel cost red-herring, and reasons for using T in space are exactly the same as reasons for using T on planet.

If MA are gonna keep T in space disabled, then they should disable for planets too. The small inconvience this might cause to players will be considerably reduced by the much shorter distances on-planet. So nobody should have anything to complain about, right?

This is exactly how they want space to be. A big pain in the butt so you then decide it isn't worth it and end up staying on the planet.

How this helps the Planets and the economy, simple. It will keep some people from leaving then they cycle all the resources and materials on that planet. This then helps bolster the economy in two ways.

1. If people don't leave, especially the ones they brought to the game, they become a cog in the machienery that is the economy. Either by sweating, or services for other avatars, or by spending their deposits on that planet.

2. They use the auction to sell thier wares and thus the planets make money from decay. The objects don't leave the planet and/or they get used by crafters or other services, it cycles the economy again.

Also MA told each planet, they have to bring in their own people. To help the planets keep their newly aquired people they make it unatractive to leave by either time, anoyance by pirates, risk of loss loot, and money.

They have mentioned on EF that this is their plan and have some statistis that it is indeed working.. Can't remember where that last part was posted but I do remember Bjorn from MA stating it.

In the end, they also said, we won't stop you from going to other worlds, so you can experience more of it, but we will make it hard for to do so, and not free. Hence mother ships, privateers, Vtols, and quads.

They also mentioned that space isn't finished and have many plans to introduce new and exciting features.

I guess the decision lies with you and others. Are going to travel through space or not. It is entirely up to you. ;)

This is exactly how they want space to be. A big pain in the butt so you then decide it isn't worth it and end up staying on the planet.

How this helps the Planets and the economy, simple. It will keep some people from leaving then they cycle all the resources and materials on that planet. This then helps bolster the economy in two ways.

1. If people don't leave, especially the ones they brought to the game, they become a cog in the machienery that is the economy. Either by sweating, or services for other avatars, or by spending their deposits on that planet.

2. They use the auction to sell thier wares and thus the planets make money from decay. The objects don't leave the planet and/or they get used by crafters or other services, it cycles the economy again.

Also MA told each planet, they have to bring in their own people. To help the planets keep their newly aquired people they make it unatractive to leave by either time, anoyance by pirates, risk of loss loot, and money.

They have mentioned on EF that this is their plan and have some statistis that it is indeed working.. Can't remember where that last part was posted but I do remember Bjorn from MA stating it.

In the end, they also said, we won't stop you from going to other worlds, so you can experience more of it, but we will make it hard for to do so, and not free. Hence mother ships, privateers, Vtols, and quads.

They also mentioned that space isn't finished and have many plans to introduce new and exciting features.

I guess the decision lies with you and others. Are going to travel through space or not. It is entirely up to you. ;)

Nice bit of theory, but in reality, the new planets are as keen to have easy transport to other planets as anybody else, for several reasons

1) MA have distibuted resources in such a way that planets will always remain dependant on imports from other planets. This is particularly true in the early stages.
2) For the same reason, the economy of newer planets is often dependant on exports. eg Alt Rock from RT, textures from Arkadia, swords from NI. Production of these things give people a reason for going/staying there. The on-planet market for these things is so small that people will often transport then them through space, just to be able sell them, irrespective of whether they get higher mark-up elsewhere or not (eg I notice that the mark-up for Alt Rock is the same everywhere, usually. Yet still most of it gets sold on Caly auction)
3) irrespective of what MA say, most ecomomic activity on new planets is due to older players who have settled there, not the new players they attract. No matter how difficult space travel becomes, this well still be the case, because it only takes one journey, and most older players easily have the means
4) Newbies who start on a "dead planet" like NI will likely quit the game rather than stay there. If they can re-locate to Ark or caly though, they will ofren retirn to their "home planet" later. Everybody wins! Game keeps a player. NI keeps the loyalty of the newbie it fosterered.

In any case, " cycle all the resources and materials on that planet" will usually mean : TT most of it. Because of the inbuilt imbalances that MA put there, to foster interplanetary trade! It seems they want it both way at once, if your analysis is correct.

Also ,they made it pretty easy to travel by mothershiip, AND designed it in such a way that it needs a large crew (pilot, gunners, repair crew at 4 seperate stations)to function efficently. And they provided them with Warp Drive. This tells us that transporting people swiftly and frequently en masse is part of their vision , doesn't it? Or else MS are redundant.

If people still use quads when there is no MS available.. what's the big deal about that? It's no cheaper than travelling by MS, often pricier, and a damned sight slower, riskier and more inconvenient. There is absolutely no need to create an even bigger disincentive to quad travel than there already is. And the idea that that was MA's motive in disabling T is ridiculous

Anyody who thinks that space travel =q uad travel - and that kicking quad pilots in the balls will make the slightest difference to the ecomomy - is living in the past. You need to pick on the "big boys" if you're really after kyboshing space travel :laugh:

Space hijacking (via taxis or Pvteers) can be a serious issue. T was disabled for a reason but its a cheap coding approach with complete disregard for passenger safety.

We could us a new command: EJECT (from ANY space vehicle). Atleast that way, if being hijacked, we can eject in space, die, and then teleport to revive.

Ofcourse that still wont fix the cheap-coding problem, if the nearest revive is a privateer with public revive access enabled.

Public revives on Pvteers should also be disabled.

I agree. T needs to be brought back with an option to select from the available revival terminals. Removing it does nothing to separate planet economies or make space better in any way, it only serves as one more inconvenience in Space. Bring it back or remove all "T" on all planets everywhere.

Signed,
Neil Greenleaf Stockton

Nice bit of theory, but in reality, the new planets are as keen to have easy transport to other planets as anybody else, for several reasons

1) MA have distibuted resources in such a way that planets will always remain dependant on imports from other planets. This is particularly true in the early stages.
2) For the same reason, the economy of newer planets is often dependant on exports. eg Alt Rock from RT, textures from Arkadia, swords from NI. Production of these things give people a reason for going/staying there. The on-planet market for these things is so small that people will often transport then them through space, just to be able sell them, irrespective of whether they get higher mark-up elsewhere or not (eg I notice that the mark-up for Alt Rock is the same everywhere, usually. Yet still most of it gets sold on Caly auction)
3) irrespective of what MA say, most ecomomic activity on new planets is due to older players who have settled there, not the new players they attract. No matter how difficult space travel becomes, this well still be the case, because it only takes one journey, and most older players easily have the means
4) Newbies who start on a "dead planet" like NI will likely quit the game rather than stay there. If they can re-locate to Ark or caly though, they will ofren retirn to their "home planet" later. Everybody wins! Game keeps a player. NI keeps the loyalty of the newbie it fosterered.

In any case, " cycle all the resources and materials on that planet" will usually mean : TT most of it. Because of the inbuilt imbalances that MA put there, to foster interplanetary trade! It seems they want it both way at once, if your analysis is correct.

Also ,they made it pretty easy to travel by mothershiip, AND designed it in such a way that it needs a large crew (pilot, gunners, repair crew at 4 seperate stations)to function efficently. And they provided them with Warp Drive. This tells us that transporting people swiftly and frequently en masse is part of their vision , doesn't it? Or else MS are redundant.

If people still use quads when there is no MS available.. what's the big deal about that? It's no cheaper than travelling by MS, often pricier, and a damned sight slower, riskier and more inconvenient. There is absolutely no need to create an even bigger disincentive to quad travel than there already is. And the idea that that was MA's motive in disabling T is ridiculous

Anyody who thinks that space travel =q uad travel - and that kicking quad pilots in the balls will make the slightest difference to the ecomomy - is living in the past. You need to pick on the "big boys" if you're really after kyboshing space travel :laugh:

LOL Ok. :beerchug:

And forgot, nope for the T.

/Signed I would like to see it back.

I do recall they totally ignored the 'pissed off players' at the time who complained about the increased time taken to revive, and the cost to the players of the extra mob regen in the extra seconds it took to get back to the mob that killed them. I remember it well I guess as, at the time, I used to spend a fair bit of time dying and reviving :) MA's response essentially was that an exploit was an exploit.

T now takes a good deal longer than it used to on a planet, before they made that change. Perhaps they'll just extend it to say 10minutes in space instead.

No i dont think that because as the system are to day if you get killed in space you will end up somware where you ha have extra 10-15min to fly and to fly to a planet takes about 30 min.
So to get to a planet i have to fly 30 - 60 min, thats boring most of ppl fly afl because to just look at a screen at 30 - 60 min......It takes less to fell in sleep..
And you are talking about 10 min more...

good bit of discussion going on :)

In one or two places it wasn't clear if people meant to sign, so i left your name out, if in doubt.

If you think you've signed, please check for you name on the OP and give me a nudge if you're not there

jay:)

I think regardless of other oppinions (if you should revive at closest revival or the revival you last registered on), that there should be a "T" funktion in case you get stuck. If it's abused in lootable pvp, let's say pitbull driver in pvp3 "T"s when someone starts to shoot at the vehicle one way to fix it would be that that person is kicked out of vehicle as if "exit seat"+"pick up vehicle" is done (so someone who's doing "T" in space would be left floating around for a minute without any protection at all).

That way it would also work simularily to relogging in space.

(This could also allow someone to leave the own quad and jump into someone elses passing vehicle, but maybe it's good... imagine you run out of fuel in middle of space then someone could pick you up that way.)

..OLD MA quote .. ITS SAME for everyone ...

so disable T ing on planetside too or bring it back in OLD form 15sec and 50m(random) movement just to get unstucked

Tomas T79x Hope

Last edited:
Then it would really suck if you travel all the way Calypso Rocktropia, and then when you're approaching Rocktropia space station, some "pirate" wants to have some pvp-"fun", shoots you down (within 30 seconds even if you're in the safe area) - and sends you back to Calypso space station.
... the last spaceserver they were registered to until they make at least 90-95% of the way to the next revive ...
It's all about the details ;)

"T" is not the real issue and disabling or re-enabling it doesn't really change anything.
I believe reviving was never meant to be used as means of transport, it was simply possible to (mis)use it, and MA decided whatever, let it be.
It doesn't really make much difference on the planets that are studded with TPs anyway, but in space it does make a difference if players will misuse one (otherwise useful) feature.

Think of it this way: What's the point of making a huge map if everyone can easily ignore 50% of it? None.
Better take away few servers, make the map smaller and make sure everybody has to go all the way form point A to B, no cheating.
Obviously, disabling "T" doesn't achieve this, it can only be a clueless attempt for a quick fix. If MA is serious about it, sooner or later they will work out some serious solution, and most likely re-enable "T" (with or without our petitions)... :p

Using T should have a cost to it. 5ped, even on planet. The tp chips can be used more...

I should work for MA...

It doesn't really make much difference on the planets that are studded with TPs anyway, but in space it does make a difference if players will misuse one (otherwise useful) feature.

On planet you usually have the option of taking off armor (optionally) and hugging a mob which might take shorter time - in case of atrox stalker - or longer time - if you have to look around and only mob you see is a snable. Or in case of TP-run you ask if the runners want some free dodge (if on amethera between land areas).

(Oddly enough in space when I hug a mob the mob eats the spaceship but then leaves me floating around until I suffocate.)

Using T should have a cost to it. 5ped, even on planet. The tp chips can be used more...

I should work for MA...

Worst idea ever as I often have to press T because of some Software errors. I would have to write to support to help me out instead of simple pressing T - as i am refusing to pay for other peoples errors :yup:

Back