Pirates to Invade EU? o_0

ahhhh.... the sarcasm :D

Breaking news of a pic of the pirates:

Boorum_WBG.gif

what a dick :D

Then imagine how Boorum Elite would be equipped...or even better, Mutated Boorum Male
:eek:

Itld penis would be shaped like offduty czechoslovakian traffic warden then?

*woot to red dwarf fans :laugh:*

What the f.... :| What the hell is this lmao. I go to sleep and wake up to find all this stuff. Ahhhhhhhhh.

We Know what Pepper wanted for X-mas Too bad Santa never came

Then imagine how Boorum Elite would be equipped...or even better, Mutated Boorum Male
:eek:

I looked it up at 'boorumcock.com' and the under carriage is impressive... but if you want to meet Boorums and discuss all things Boorum text 'mutatedlovemonster' to '888#883#48' and receive photo's and text's from Boorums in your area.

Back to the Pirate thing though, I can't wait to stow away on outward bound vessel and make my fortune as a pirate. Swashbuckling my way around the stars, sailing the cosmic tides and crying 'Avast' at any given opportunity. I must skill up on my longblades.... do you think they will introduce eye patches?

alright, now we're going to have to mark this thread NSFW!

We Know what Pepper wanted for X-mas Too bad Santa never came

You don't know how wrong you are - on so many levels.
I made him cum alright... And I was wearing my stockings when he stuffed them and climbed back up my chimney.

Back to topic.

You don't know how wrong you are - on so many levels.
I made him cum alright... And I was wearing my stockings when he stuffed them and climbed back up my chimney.

Back to topic.

heh nice play on words.

sorry if I was offensive to you in the past - I have multiple personalities :cool:

Maybe the orbs will serve as some type of teleport to the planets...Would save on constant transport fees...

Maybe the orbs will serve as some type of teleport to the planets...Would save on constant transport fees...

Be serious, do you really think that MA wouldn't cash in on huge transport costs?:D

Be serious, do you really think that MA wouldn't cash in on huge transport costs?:D

Ummmm, they already have a mechanism in place. The 10ped TP from CP down to PA. About the same as the decay/oil on a ship doing a trip. And these peds go straight to MA.

So, what is to say that we don't have 10 ped TP fees to move about?? We have this already...

Hmmm, pirates, but no travel? I see it now. You click the button of your spaceship, arrival happens, and you get a message 'you arrived on whatever, but during the trip you were boarded by pirates, and all your inventory was lost'

I think the coolest idea would be to have transport shuttles (such as what we currently have) that are lightly armed & armored.

At this point, we could go two routes. Either up the armaments & armor plating on the shuttle so that it can withstand higher & higher assaults, depending on the range the shuttle is supposed to go, while increasing the ships weight (which would also increase the oil cost) - OR - construction of other ships as well.. fighter class ships, scout class ships, mining class ships (mining asteroids, heh), it could go on & up from there to an exponential degree.

I could definitely see this expanding to include a LOT of new rankings of players. Planet bound players, who can't afford (or don't want to) leave Calypso - Space-faring players, who are either transportors or explorers... as well as the defense-squads, with fighter class ships.

Would be interesting to see frigate & battleship class ships... complete with shops, internal systems, crew quarters, and a televator to a planets surface (or even a docking bay for a shuttle pod that could take you down & back again).

Again, so many possibilities... the only REAL questions now are these - How restrictive (i.e. EXPENSIVE) is this going to be? Will we be seeing hangers selling for 1mil ped by the end of the year? Will you need a monthly operating budget of $5k+ just to operate in space? Can pirates steal your inventory (booty, heh), and you are then SOL?

C'mon MA! MORE INFO! I need to know how many banks to line up for my... er, loans ;).

I can see it now!

you scan asteroid for minable material. no success!

you destroy pirate ship dreadnaugth class, no loot found!

doing bolth of these just cost you 1000 ped each time.:yay:

Disclaimer: just me thinking out loud.

Hmmm... I've started to wonder what this actually would look like.

If ithis indeed is something totally brand new it's of course no point to even speculate in, but somehow I doubt that it will be...
The basic structure is most likely close to "another game" ( second human in the Bible, three letters + on line) and will yet have to beat them, in other case it wouldn't be much point in launching the project at this point.
My guess is that the several hundreds new planets mentioned in the advertisement won't be the worlds we are use to in Entropia, i.e. not planets where we'll be able to wander around - at least the vast majority of them.

I base these thoughts upon the fact that in any other case - if there will be several hundreds new worlds with the same standard as EU, and on top of that CryEngine graphics- it would take a hardware server park I sincerely doubt either MA or ND, or even together with the Chinese project - would have the capacity to afford - nor support. The software and personnel to run it would at this point by far exceed any reasonable income to cover such an investment. With almost no advertisement, only a few moths before launch (and countdown progressing...) I find it highly unlikely that this project will be more than a space travel trade game - of a kind we've seen.

BUT: don't get me wrong. In either case I very much welcome this, and in either case I think it's a great effort by ND and MA.

Last edited:
:rofl: EVEntropia ???? :scratch2:

:D

(SORRY couldn't resist ... please, spare me parrot aye :cry:)

It can be possible to manage sevral "worlds" like Calipso.
But all those worlds need to be on different independant channels.
The server park can be personal ( MA office) or/and rented, or the game can be shared with other partners compagnies.
At the end all need to merge to the clients.
For exemple, if u log off on an another planet named for exemple "Medusa", then u are not longer managed by the Mindark server park but by the compagnie who have this planet (MA partner).

Between, ur wonderfull tits excit me a lot.

Alot is being made of the dates invloved and Cryengine2 implementation, i wonder if it is even possible/practical to use Cryengine as a space sim engine.

@Pepper

The Chinese "CRD/Dotman" project is huge(!), so I pray we wont have 100 planets on EVA-Based-Grid :S

@Pepper

The Chinese "CRD/Dotman" project is huge(!), so I pray we wont have 100 planets on EVA-Based-Grid :S

Hmmm...But as far as I can understand the Chinese project will be closed to us...no? Did I miss something here?

About the CryTek engine... yes I havn't seen any indication it would work for space flight however it should certainly be ok for flying around (or driving) vehicles.

One might imagine though that having flying that works planet side is the hard part... Certainly with CE2 you'll be able to realistically fly high into the clouds till you can't see the ground any more...

Guess space will be some sort of transition from that point to a set up where you can fly around an area made of spacial bodys.

I really hope we will be able to crew spaceships (so we don't have to own the buggers), don space suits and go mining on floating chunks of rocks using similar gear to what we might now but using the CE2 engines zero gravity capability! :yay:

Perhapse there may be a space version of fruit and dung collection? Some sorta moss maybe ;)

I think our best indication of things to come and MA's plan will be to see what starts to loot.

If someone loots a "Space status message Display Screen" you know we might as well give up though :rolleyes::silly2::scratch2:

Wistrel

PS @ Pepper. All indications from MA so far seem to imply one universe and that travel between planets will be possible but "difficult" . What "difficult" means though as yet is anyone guess.... possibly pirates now though by the looks of things although as I initially expected "pirates" is probably just another way of saying "prohibitively expensive" ;)_

Hmmm...But as far as I can understand the Chinese project will be closed to us...no? Did I miss something here?

Now it's me thats wondering if I missed something....after all the hype about the new planets etc what could you possibly have read to make you think it didn't involve us in Entropia?
Unless it's now me thats completely picked you up wrong there....

Now it's me thats wondering if I missed something....after all the hype about the new planets etc what could you possibly have read to make you think it didn't involve us in Entropia?
Unless it's now me thats completely picked you up wrong there....

Forgive my ignorance. my most humble apologies.

So, how on earth will this be possible..? I mean for us to interact with the Chinese community, since China is a highly restricted and censured in it's Internet capacity? Will we be able to chat with them?

This is not only groundbreaking in the gaming industry - this, in that case, is a political statement by the Chinese Governement of historical proprotions...
But I guess this has been discussed over and over again in some other thread that I've missed...

So, how on earth will this be possible..? I mean for us to interact with the Chinese community, since China is a highly restricted and censured in it's Internet capacity? Will we be able to chat with them?

This is not only groundbreaking in the gaming industry - this, in that case, is a political statement by the Chinese Governement of historical proprotions...
But I guess this has been discussed over and over again in some other thread that I've missed...

I think alot of people dont understand the chiense roll in this. They will work a maintance. They will take care of the "shards" the servers all over the place so MA dont have to manage so many servers. (Outsourcing)

SO YOU WONT SEE ANY "Chinese" PLAYER STORM.

/Shahin Major Rage
(I know this because I am Major Rage...)

Ahhhh........Space Pirates!

I guess only time will tell what is in store for our neck of the MMO community. It will be interesting to see how its implemented and just how serious these pirates may be. I keep wondering if they will be goofy caricatures of pirates A'la Pirates of the Carribean or they will be more evil and cunning A'la Bio of a Space Tyrant series of books by Piers Anthony. I personally would not mind them being like the Reavers in TV series Firefly(Movie Serenity) "No one can hear you scream in space" :eek:

Hopefully they carry over the FPS in the flight and manipulation of the ships. I am not sure if an "Eve" like space combat system is enough immersion for my taste. Freelancer was an OK game but the FPS in Privateer and The X series of games absolutely rocks.

I have been looking forward to space flight for a long time in PE/EU. I am all for it so long as it melds well with PE/EU same with all these new worlds in developement. Makes me wish I had more entertainment income to spend in EU, more time to play, and more time to work on concept ideas.

I guess the first step in all of this is to get CryEngine 2 installed and debugged. From there on I think doors will open for MA and CRD hopefully it will mean a better EU for everyone.

That has been my question, Pepper. From other projects in China, and even what they have said is the intention of their plants(s), I think the remarks from Marco were hopeful at best. Perhaps a justification for diverting people and resources to the Chinese project away from *us*...the original payroll-payers.

You have to look *back* at what has been said and has come to pass to gauge how to look forward at current statements.

MA has massaged their data to make economic turnover(i.e. "churn" ) seem like income/profits.

They still quote the hype of making enough money to pay rent using the cash-cards that haven't worked for months, if not years now...

And, we're supposed to look forward to Space Pirates whne they can't finish the fracking Egg storyline? I hope the pirates shoot the bloody Egg with a space-cannon and be done with it...

My ability to look forward to new content and "buy" new statements form MA is naturally jaded by MA's performance and ability to deliver in the past, and the way they perpetuate hype.

"MA-ese" is a harsh language to learn. Halve your expectations and double your doubt is a good rule of thumb ;).

Reactions: Uni
Back