Planet Cyrene Teaser Preview

As opposed to most others, I'm really not that very enthusiastic about planet Cyrene! :(.
However, I'm sure I'll be among the first wave of players visiting that planet :)... And I'm hoping I'd like it.

Ah nice, missed it entirely so far. Looks promising so far. But one thing every new planet partner sould consider it's not eyecandy, it'S not only gameplay what keeps people, it's foremost the planet'S economy which decides if they can attract players.

Nice one, I'd say your planet's economy is as good as tools and weapons you can create on it from local materials... especially if they can be used only on your planet...

...and those tools and weapons are as good as MA will allow you to make them.

Nice one, I'd say your planet's economy is as good as tools and weapons you can create on it from local materials... especially if they can be used only on your planet...

...and those tools and weapons are as good as MA will allow you to make them.

No. Your economy is as good as the selection of blueprints you have at start making use of local and shared resources. The kinds are amounts of local resources dropping must be balanced to blueprints, if you have hundreds of local resources but no/ few blueprints making use of these, you fail like Next Island. Restricting use of "off-planet" weapons is restrictive, lame, ad gives you problems like, lets see, yet again Next Island, in this case Ancient Greece. There will never be enough ice daggers and clubs looted to make hunting in Ancient Greece viable. Restricting off-planet weapons is 95% stupidity and 5% promoting the planet. Restricting items to only your planet is worse.

The Arkadian blueprints and weapons and armor are damn good, no reason to imply MA is keeping people back with what you can produce on other planets than Calypso.

No. Your economy is as good as the selection of blueprints you have at start making use of local and shared resources. The kinds are amounts of local resources dropping must be balanced to blueprints, if you have hundreds of local resources but no/ few blueprints making use of these, you fail like Next Island. Restricting use of "off-planet" weapons is restrictive, lame, ad gives you problems like, lets see, yet again Next Island, in this case Ancient Greece. There will never be enough ice daggers and clubs looted to make hunting in Ancient Greece viable. Restricting off-planet weapons is 95% stupidity and 5% promoting the planet. Restricting items to only your planet is worse.

The Arkadian blueprints and weapons and armor are damn good, no reason to imply MA is keeping people back with what you can produce on other planets than Calypso.

Yes partially that's true, but also mobs that are good grinding mobs from low-high level. The calypso equivalent of drones & Argos for example. They drop loot which is easily sellable and with enough MU to keep you hunting for a while. Ofc the dropped resources need to be something with demand. And a planet needs also to have gamble mobs like Trox or Levi on Caly. Same goes for blueprints which uses planet specific resources.

Yes. And apparently, I meant that you have proper blueprints to make stuff, that goes without saying.

Here is the recipe for the ideal planet, business-wise:

1. Make on piece of Ore, name it "Ore", one piece of enmatter, name it "Enmatter" and one piece of hunting loot, name it "Wool".

2. Add blueprints that use those three ingredients in different proportions to make armor/mining tools/weapons with all stats/skillgains better than any other in EU.

3. Make these armor/mining tools/weapons (L) and lock it up to your planet.

4. Enjoy.

You will financially rock, even if your planet is a flat surface w/o texture and all models are made of 3D cubes.

Ah nice, missed it entirely so far. Looks promising so far. But one thing every new planet partner sould consider it's not eyecandy, it'S not only gameplay what keeps people, it's foremost the planet'S economy which decides if they can attract players.

I agree totally. I am currently skilling with a rocket launcher, there isnt any explosive ammo listed at rocktropia, and very few at arkadia. So that already rules me out of wanting to hunt at those planets, even though I'd like to hunt at Arkadia.

Yes partially that's true, but also mobs that are good grinding mobs from low-high level. The calypso equivalent of drones & Argos for example. They drop loot which is easily sellable and with enough MU to keep you hunting for a while. Ofc the dropped resources need to be something with demand. And a planet needs also to have gamble mobs like Trox or Levi on Caly. Same goes for blueprints which uses planet specific resources.

What he said... the new planets are totally missing out on the grinding mobs so far! So I end up still grinding drones... I was really hoping for an alternative on Arkadia. However from what I can tell there is none.

My main problems with Arkadia are (or has been):
1) No MindForce chips dropping (recently fixed).
2) Armor decay cost is much higher than on Calypso, several times higher, on most mobs.
3) Less items in loot overall (may have changed since last I was there, not sure).
4) Quicker PED loss than on Calypso (as a student, I have a limited budget to play on).
5) Not enough lower-to-mid level mobs to choose from. Also, no mixed spawns (which is what I usually hunt in on Calypso).

Overall it is a nice planet but things like the massive decay cost compared to same size hunts on Calypso just doesn't work for me :dunno:

Back