Planet Toulan to become first ever Arabian 3D MMO developed in the Arab World - Zawya (subscription)

It says in the interview:

Is THIS the new "SPACE" Mindark has been hinting at? I hope they can pull it off.
I believe TW planet was based on a space theme but not the space itself that MA is working on. I will see if I can find the link later, but I think the planet itself was split in two with a large chunk of space between it. Then two factions formed on each piece ended up in war. So space will a factor but I believe it was in their own system. I think this is why there is no date for the release of this planet as the main part of space needs to be updated by MindArk to include different systems for each planet. This is just speculation on my part, but the idea of TW suggests this.

I hope this will be the case, as this may be the space with each planet having its own solar system to develop where it's not pvp lootable, but includes mining asteroids and other such space activities. Of course in order to travel from one system to another, you will have to go through MA's part of space (deep space) and that will be pvp lootable. Again only speculation on my part. ;)

Michael Jackson planet woulda been better! :thumbup:

I would love to have burka.
... to wear it WHEN I WANT to wear it and WHERE I WANT.
And I would respect the will of other cultures to not wear fishnet stockings, high heels and deluxe bustiers in public places.

Burqa, you mean? In burka and with a sword you will look like Vasily Chapaev, a red commander from russian civil war (kinda like this) :D

I'd like to dress up like Omar Sharif in "Lawrence of Arabia" but afraid to see Calypso's sky crowded with flying carpets.

And I would respect the will of other cultures to not wear fishnet stockings, high heels and deluxe bustiers in public places.

I was going to question your line of thinking, but i believe it against the forum rules to discuss religion. So i will just say double standards.

I still think there is much to be done on Rocktropia, although I find that place highly entertaining (if only you could switch off the hardcore radio for some general background music
Rick

The concept of ROCKtropia is a great idea, its just design team is away with the fairy's at times. Its surprising really as Neverdie has been playing all this time you would of thought he would had a better idea what players need. I don't think its all NDS fault, I believe MA is not the most helpful company when it comes to other planets, they look after their first born first. It is NDS fault for bringing out shit load of Trucker caps, over a dozen cars, uneco shot guns and fabs, but don't sort out the problem of different levels guns crafted and looted. The main profession of the game is hunting so you would of thought that would be top priory.

Burqa, you mean? In burka and with a sword you will look like Vasily Chapaev, a red commander from russian civil war (kinda like this) :D

150962.jpg

I'd like to dress up like Omar Sharif in "Lawrence of Arabia" but afraid to see Calypso's sky crowded with flying carpets.
That is hilarious!! :D Expect to see it on RT soon enough!

But yeah, Lawrence of Arabia look would be nice! Or Indiana Jones with a whip!

Last edited:
So what to think about that, fail or lies?

toulan.jpg

And if they ever go live, will they just be another disappointing PP that promises but never realizes them?

toulan.jpg

And if they ever go live, will they just be another disappointing PP that promises but never realizes them?

Damn that taming... stopping a perfectly good Arabian planet from being launched on time.

toulan.jpg

U better search before accusing, they said they couldnt make it this year but will come early 2014

Oh, sounds interesting. I sure hope they don't fail.

And unlike those who think we don't need another planet, in this case, it would (if successful) attract a whole new bunch of people who otherwise would never join Entropia. And we do need that. :)

And if some king with oil billions on his account, decides he wants to fund this, it could actually turn out great.

(Yeah, I know I'm naive and all that. But it COULD be good)

Last edited:
U better search before accusing, they said they couldnt make it this year but will come early 2014

Well, the picture comes from their site, not very good if it's even not up-to-date.

So it's a fail, until we have new info in "early 2014", postponing to "late 2014" and son on...
Well, at least they are learning to communciate right, trying to use more the "soon" form (TM by MA).

As I said, too many promises and too much disappointment (for the naive people like me who read their news). :(

Well, the picture comes from their site, not very good if it's even not up-to-date.

So it's a fail, until we have new info in "early 2014", postponing to "late 2014" and son on...
Well, at least they are learning to communciate right, trying to use more the "soon" form (TM by MA).

As I said, too many promises and too much disappointment (for the naive people like me who read their news). :(

You just prove to me more and more why planet partners and indeed MA should not communicate with the player base.

PP and MA tell us their honest plans. Note the word plans because plans by their very nature can never be 100% accurate and they certainly are not promises. Now when they don't go according to plan (which is often the case with any such projects) we get the above kind of response.

Surely would have been better for them and us if they had not given us the planned date of launch?

You just prove to me more and more why planet partners and indeed MA should not communicate with the player base.

PP and MA tell us their honest plans. Note the word plans because plans by their very nature can never be 100% accurate and they certainly are not promises. Now when they don't go according to plan (which is often the case with any such projects) we get the above kind of response.

Surely would have been better for them and us if they had not given us the planned date of launch?
Well I would agree with you, if the launch date on their website wasn't as vague as "2013". lol If their plans go so wrong that they miss the YEAR they intend to launch in, then that is a problem. Especially if they don't change the picture after knowing that they can't make it, which they probably know ever since they missed the last VU of the year.

Especially if they don't change the picture after knowing that they can't make it, which they probably know ever since they missed the last VU of the year.
They would be glad to change the picture but they probably can't find the guy who made the website - it's over a year since the last change and he can be anywhere :D

I see three explanations:

1. Toulan owners dont have will or money to go fully launch ( or both )
2. They are ready but there is MA making problems
3. All that was Hoax to make us belive new PP is coming

I see three explanations:

1. Toulan owners dont have will or money to go fully launch ( or both )
2. They are ready but there is MA making problems
3. All that was Hoax to make us belive new PP is coming

Do you really believe that? Ok, then by this stage I feel like I've lost all faith in humanity! :eyecrazy:

How is it that I see it completely differently. How difficult is it to understand development is not an exact science and it all takes time ...

Toulan I heard will come after Cyrene goes full release, and is to happen in first quarter of 2014. Think I read that somewhere on EntropiaPlanets.com.

Personally I think we have to small of a player base to add in another planet with more items to be added to the mix. IMHO this will lead to even further reduction in markups leading in to harder struggle to maintain play ability unless you continually deposit more and more often which reduces the attraction to want to play an RCE game period.

NI is dead, RT seems to be dieing, Cyrene is struggling, what is the chances a new planet will survive more then a year or 2 when there really is no incentive for players to want to play the RCE style game being the only incentive is the imaginative possibility of profiting by playing.

EDIT:
Link to threads I mentioned above: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forum/planet-toulan.180/

Last edited:
The only recent thing to come out of the co founders mouth i could find and it was nothing about Planet Toulan, so maybe they do need some pennies.

4 reasons why game developers should consider crowdfunding
by Glen Dalakian II, October 29, 2013

Mohammed Hujeij (CoFounder) of Beladcom in Jordan may try it out sometime soon. “Yes we are interested…Arab gamers would be the ideal supporters as they're in it for fun gameplay and creativity. Their belief in the industry through their daily gaming activities is what truly pushes it forward. I believe a well-crafted crowdfunding campaign directed at Arab gamers and industry backers would have a high chance for success. Beladcom always keeps the option of going that way, and who knows, maybe one day we'll have a crowdfunding platform that's solely dedicated for Arab game developers.” Now there’s an interesting thought.

full article.
http://www.wamda.com/2013/10/4-reasons-game-developers-crowdfunding

and i found their website guru so no excuse for them not to update their website, she works for them.

Farah Shanti's Experience
Copywriter and Community Manager
Beladcom
March 2011 – Present (2 years 10 months)
Brainstorming of visual and copy ideas, creation and management of ingame and mass media content, generation of design manifestos and philosophies, and online management of Beladcom’s website, forum and social networking site.

With Syria in flames, with Western Iraq a battlefield where 3 regular armies cannot cope with the wave of violence I really doubt Jordan monarchy have money to spend on this.

If people would watch a little the news from the alternative channels it would help them to understand things much better than what are the non-issues pushed non-stop by the so called established media. For you to understand, conflicts which were far way 4 years ago they come to only 1 country away of mine.

Instead there is a lot of weeping over some disturbed dude being temp banned here... oh I'm so lost, I really do not know how to feeeeeel.... damn!

With Syria in flames, with Western Iraq a battlefield where 3 regular armies cannot cope with the wave of violence I really doubt Jordan monarchy have money to spend on this.

If people would watch a little the news from the alternative channels it would help them to understand things much better than what are the non-issues pushed non-stop by the so called established media. For you to understand, conflicts which were far way 4 years ago they come to only 1 country away of mine.

Instead there is a lot of weeping over some disturbed dude being temp banned here... oh I'm so lost, I really do not know how to feeeeeel.... damn!

People watch the news mate, but on a game forum we talk mainly about games and possibly the forums... makes sense no?

toulan.jpg

You can only enter with "Open Sesame" !!!! It will be most difficult to get money from the thieves ;)

I am really upset at how naive and cliche some players are regarding discussions of other planets.

First of all, people keep saying they want to see Toulan launch because of all the "money" that some of these rich kids or oil barons would put into the game are just foolish. You are already playing with the richest segment of the worlds gaming population. How many of you said you can't wait for their money (with your eyes seeing dollar signs) as if you were so smart, that you will profit even more because of them? They are all as just as smart as you all. They will learn what to do and what not to do the same way you did. Your returns won't be better. MA might be better off in the long run, and that might help our game develop but it's not going to help any individual avatars bottom line, so quit acting like they are going to fund your future hunts.

Secondly, calling planets "dead" is so damn cliche. Who are you to even talk? The planets are simply different real estate in one big game. Each planet has reasons why you MUST go to it, and smart players know what those reasons are. If a player can derive a huge benefit by getting certain loot/ore/etc from specific planets, then those planets are inherently not dead. What IS "dead", however, is the way MA allows us to interact with these planets, and the current structure is devastating for any planet besides Caly. Even Ark will benefit from the massive change that is needed. And unless MA is giving up, this change will HAVE to come, or all the PP's will leave. Trust me, they know that cannot happen, and so they WILL change. The current model fails. It won't for much longer, and therefore quit viewing the planets as "dead" or "alive"...just view it as more real estate for your avatar to explore and exploit.

These self-aggrandizing, wannabee-prophetic labels of what is dead or not, or how you can't wait for their money, is frankly disgusting to read. Economy's might be dead on some of them at the moment, but the planets aren't (since I still can and do go there), and adding more players or planets benefits the GAME but thinking your avatar is going to easily get their rich oil money is just silly.

These two thoughts have almost become buzz-words in any relevant discussion here, it is over-used, and trite. It's like FOX news "talking points" that people with agendas come up with, that make their way on to all the stations talk shows over 24 hours, and pretty soon, every stupid hillbilly is saying the same thing as if it is a fact.

The same thing happened with people talking about asi TENS dropping a few in a week a month or 2 ago. "OMG, the price will go down" Tons of people were saying that...guess what, it hasn't, and it WONT. You were wrong. Until MA kills that level gun by dropping better stuff, the asi TEN will remain worth what it is worth. A few extra drops didn't change that.

Mediocre minds latch on to public modes of thought or conventional wisdom, and repeat it ad nauseam as if it is truth in an attempt to feel like they are important or know what they are saying. Quit it please...I know it makes you feel wise or unique when you say these things, but unfortunately, you are not.

Edit: It's not just this thread I am referring to, it's the countless references I have seen in multiple threads and sites, so this is not directed at anyone in this thread in particular.

One of the reasons I say this because I don't want Vedder to think this is directed at him. I agree with his post on the previous page. I think he is seeing the bigger picture of the benifit of this new planet, or any planet for that matter, as good for the game, which it is. It is directed at people who think that this planet will benefit their ped-card instantly, or that other planets are dead and are of no use.

Last edited:
I want Toulan to come to bring in rich players yes. But not (only) for my 'benefit' but for EU's. The more ppl playin n payin the longer EU stays alive.

Another point:

What planets came out after the universal auction ceased?

IIRC, only Cyrene. They took the chance and despite competent people working hard, they are struggling atm. Mostly because the universal auction was removed.

MA generated tons of interested PP's back when auction was universal. Then they change it.

When they made this drastic change, most of the other PP's went into hibernation.

Now MA has to give away or sell ready-made moons to "grow" their universe.

Now other planets aren't growing, but Caly remains busy.

Some planets benefited by going live before the universal auction was terminated, (Rt and Ark) But since the universal auction ended, we have had one new planet, and they (Cyrene) were probably too far along to turn back, and despite probably hating the change MA made, it was probably still the best decision to launch anyway once the product had reached that stage, and hope for the change to come.

However:

Until it is reimplemented, there will be no other new PP's adding content.

No other PP's were as far along as Cyrene was, and so all the rest we had heard of or dreamed of stopped development and will be sitting in limbo until MA puts them on an equal playing field. This will only be done by reimplementing universal auctions.

Planets simply cannot grow without an economy, and MA stole that away from them. It's time for them to put it back.

Another point:

What planets came out after the universal auction ceased?

IIRC, only Cyrene. They took the chance and despite competent people working hard, they are struggling atm. Mostly because the universal auction was removed.

MA generated tons of interested PP's back when auction was universal. Then they change it.

When they made this drastic change, most of the other PP's went into hibernation.

Now MA has to give away or sell ready-made moons to "grow" their universe.

Now other planets aren't growing, but Caly remains busy.

Some planets benefited by going live before the universal auction was terminated, (Rt and Ark) But since the universal auction ended, we have had one new planet, and they (Cyrene) were probably too far along to turn back, and despite probably hating the change MA made, it was probably still the best decision to launch anyway once the product had reached that stage, and hope for the change to come.

However:

Until it is reimplemented, there will be no other new PP's adding content.

No other PP's were as far along as Cyrene was, and so all the rest we had heard of or dreamed of stopped development and will be sitting in limbo until MA puts them on an equal playing field. This will only be done by reimplementing universal auctions.

Planets simply cannot grow without an economy, and MA stole that away from them. It's time for them to put it back.

You are onto something here. They should either remove space or make auctions universal again. I've said this countless times but I don't think MA will ever admit that space sucks and that it needs to be removed because of all the time they spent making it.

You are onto something here. They should either remove space or make auctions universal again. I've said this countless times but I don't think MA will ever admit that space sucks and that it needs to be removed because of all the time they spent making it.

Maybe someone should actually ask the planet partners what they want... I know at least one is in favor of perhaps more separation of economies than we have now. I do agree though, it is difficult for a new planet to get the momentum it needs to succeed. It's equal parts devs and players that bring this about. The devs need to design a "whole" economy that actually works (bps, resources, tools, weapons) and the players need to actually DO their business on the planet instead of taking everything to calypso to sell.

the universal.... auction came at a huge price...... you would have to pay PED to actually collect the gear

Back