Please Help 120k peds Mistake!

Status
Pitbull should be given the opportunity to have his say before thread :locked: IMO.

Pitbull AND MA's rep should let us know the factual details.

Pitbull should be given the opportunity to have his say before thread :locked: IMO.

I agree. This thread has been a hot topic and players need some kind of formal address from MA regarding this case, and the reasoning behind the decision, what players can expect in the future and what MA plan to do to prevent this from happening again.

There has been too much smoke on this case.

I suspect the conversation went like this:

MA to Pitbull - look, there is a build up of the community against you and to withdraw any money you need us to sanction the withdrawal. We can keep your account locked for a long time and then after opening it we can make it very difficult for you to withdraw. The alternative is to speak to MJ; we are sure he will give you a finders fee for the return of the goods - probably 10%. That's going to be the quickest $1,000 you will have ever made.

MA to MJ: If we can convince PB to give this back YOU WILL GIVE HIM a finders fee of at least 10% won't you?

Pitbull and MJ to MA: Agreed.

I suspect the conversation went like this:

MA to Pitbull - look, there is a build up of the community against you and to withdraw any money you need us to sanction the withdrawal. We can keep your account locked for a long time and then after opening it we can make it very difficult for you to withdraw. The alternative is to speak to MJ; we are sure he will give you a finders fee for the return of the goods - probably 10%. That's going to be the quickest $1,000 you will have ever made.

MA to MJ: If we can convince PB to give this back YOU WILL GIVE HIM a finders fee of at least 10% won't you?

Pitbull and MJ to MA: Agreed.

Perhaps. I suppose Ludvig can shed some light for us.

3: I just said my honest opinion. I'm not afraid to say it. I won't be playing this game at least while, and maybe my opinion will insult some pricks (I see you want to get into insults, so OK) like you might purposefully not buy the stuff I'm selling out, but I don't mind. Happy hunting, mining, crafting, ass-kissing, man-date-planning-with-exploiters, or what ever bullshit you do in-game.

:bomb: :wave:

Last edited:
Very glad to see things worked out this way.

Pitbull's account was most likely locked only to secure the Deed's as if he would have sold any of them or moved to another account MA's options would have been limited.

The bottom line is MindArk knows that there company has to setup safe guards that protect there customers and failed to do so with the current system. If no one perused legal action in the past to reclaim stuff lost well there time is most likely up legally so no need to dig out your old cases.

It was not about a whats fair or right, the decision to reverse the trade was about 2 things.

Publicity - Entropia being a game where you could lose 12 thousand dollars very easily.

Legality - MindArk failed on meeting the minimum safe guards on which Mary Jane would have been fully aware of what transaction was about to take place.

Even tho EU is a game and the market is controlled by players MindArk has to govern it to some degree and hold's a responsibility legally on investigating and taking proper action once complaints are filed.

But as I said theres a time limit on which you can file claims so no need to dig out anything that happened in past as your time limit to report it and file a legal claim are must likely up.

MindArk is a company and company's fall under certain laws that is all this was is them protecting themselves legally. No real reason to blast them for it, maybe about how the auction house is setup but not reverseing the trade. One couldn't happen if the other did not allow it to....

Here is the safe guard we currently have which is decent and efficient.

confirmsell.jpg

But to an open panel of several mind's each will have there own opinion on if that's enough and they would most likely ask to see documentation that MindArk has provided to its customers on how the Auction House works.

Definitions of Monthly Markup Value and explanations on how it all works.

Since the Auction House is accessible to anyone who install Entropia, Mind Ark is required to meet several standards on its setup.

Now they COULD be meeting all these standards but, would they really want to have the courts picking there system apart with a fine tooth comb and then finding something they missed and resulting in huge fines or worse?

Or reverse the trade as it was very unbalanced and should not have taken place even if the seller was at total fault. Whether the seller was the smartest or dullest person it wouldn't matter legally. MindArk would still be pulled into this situation and tied to the trade which sucks.

I see more speculation from people who were not actually involved in the transaction.
I still see no facts from any of people actually involved in the transaction.

Ludwig is watching this thread.

I am waiting for FACTs from any or all of the principles involved in the actual transaction, not speculation, or opinion.

:tapfinger

I hope ma didn't force him to return them or I'll have to quit.

Last edited:
MindArk will not give a statement for the main reason I was trying to point out. A statement only puts them at a disadvantage legally.

But if you think they reversed the trade for any other reason then it being a legal issue then you are speculating.

TIP: If you ever do something questionable or something questionable happens within your company's liability. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.... The worst thing you can possibly do is make a statement of any kind.

Erhmmmm i may be dumb here but why is it MA is involved here? Cant see any scam or other side of cheat of the game or another player. But glad it got solved

I am very happy to say my problem has been resolved.
The buyer of my deeds Pitbull made contact and with the help of Mindark as a mediator I got my deeds back, I know the law was not on my side here but Pitbull was happy to be the gentleman and help resolve the situation, as I said always I was happy to give Pitball a good gift which I hope he is satisfied with, this is between me and him so don't ask what I gave him please.

Thank you for all the support all of you been great and please remember all trades are final maximum MA can do is try to help both parts.

Big thank you Pitbull and every single of you.

Best and Happy hoffing

I may just have to quit because of you. Your taking ped away from thousands of new players by potentially forcing me to quit. Way to go.

MindArk will not give a statement for the main reason I was trying to point out. A statement only puts them at a disadvantage legally.

But if you think they reversed the trade for any other reason then it being a legal issue then you are speculating.

TIP: If you ever do something questionable or something questionable happens within your company's liability. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.... The worst thing you can possibly do is make a statement of any kind.
No statement means many will quit.

Dear MA i been by mistake feeding the crafting machine for a year now but it was a total fail so can i plz get a refund?:laugh:
Guess not :p

If everyone who's afraid that MA might force them to do a right thing quit, maybe it's not such a bad thing, after all.

Right in your opinion. The right thing in my opinion is reading warning pop-ups and not being an idiot.

But the concern isn't over right or wrong. It's over MA not making all trades final.

If trades are not final this game is not RCE and I cannot trust MA with funds

yay all hail the exploiters! they are so righteous and morally above everyone else! all hail the exploiters!

I was under the impression both players joined the game and did a deal between them. The AUD trade has been resolved. I just think you want to flame, what's your end game? What are you achieving now? Is it helping?

Just one? Let's make it Saturday?

I'm only in London weekdays for work. Although it's always nice to met EU players.
I guess now is not a good time.

1: Exploiting is basically stealing since someone has to loose for you to win, even by simply hunting without decay you're stealing from someone.
2: I can show my spreadsheet with pure loss over 3+ months. So what?

1: What does religion has to do with this? And I thought the British were quite polite and smart people. So where the hell did you get from?
2: Yes. I've got values, but I see you (the older, "much wiser" person) kinda don't.
3: I just said my honest opinion. I'm not afraid to say it. I won't be playing this game at least while, and maybe my opinion will insult some pricks (I see you want to get into insults, so OK) like you might purposefully not buy the stuff I'm selling out, but I don't mind. Happy hunting, mining, crafting, ass-kissing, man-date-planning-with-exploiters, or what ever bullshit you do in-game.

I don't know much about the exploiting, I'm not comfortable with it. But I have deeds too, so it's right I defend all deed holders "heavy investors" for the good of the game. It's unfortunate for me that it happens to be a player that may have exploited during hunting, but I have to stand by the greater good.

Well it's pretty clear that the EU I once joined years ago, is now 'infested' with the wrong type of people. Maybe the introduction of deeds created that, maybe the lack of protection, maybe lootable space, maybe the wrong advertising. It saddens me that the place I love has attracted participants like you that think it's 'fine' for a depositing customer to lose 12 thousand dollars. Take it as a compliment that I replied, because you're a turd, your mother must be proud.

I may just have to quit because of you. Your taking ped away from thousands of new players by potentially forcing me to quit. Way to go.

What have you personally lost from this particular auction listing mistake? I'll answer for you: Nothing.

If everyone who's afraid that MA might force them to do a right thing quit, maybe it's not such a bad thing, after all.

Sadly I've come to the same conclusion. They will ok after taking their meds.

Rick

Holy crap people calm the hell down.

Stop adding to pcf cancer.

If trades are not final this game is not RCE and I cannot trust MA with funds

So you're pissed that MA investigated a trade made in error involving a huge amount of money, and probably helped to mediate a solution between both players. Where both those players resolved amicably in game between themselves so that "they" were both happy.

Lets look at it another way, what's the chances that "you" come across a similar auction listing error? I'd say 10 million+ to one. So how has that really impacted your entertainment?

What's the chances you screw up on a personal deed sale in a system that wasn't designed for investment deeds and need help to resolve the situation. More likely than odds than above.

I don't see your problem

Rick

So you're pissed that MA investigated a trade made in error involving a huge amount of money, and probably helped to mediate a solution between both players. Where both those players resolved amicably in game between themselves so that "they" were both happy.

Lets look at it another way, what's the chances that "you" come across a similar auction listing error? I'd say 10 million+ to one. So how has that really impacted your entertainment?

What's the chances you screw up on a personal deed sale in a system that wasn't designed for investment deeds and need help to resolve the situation. More likely than odds than above.

I don't see your problem

Rick
If they mediated that's fine. I need to hear Pitbull side. I'm worried he was forced.

I know how to read so there is zero chance of me screwing up in auction

Hey, MA! Then how about a statement about what you guys are going to do about your poorly designed interface so that you can prevent this from happening in the future?

When will you release an interface that you stand by, one that you say, "Okay, this interface is solid and law-suit proof and we stand by it's strength and usability, players are responsible for their actions from this point forward"?

When can we rely on the auction as a final transaction where we know that what is sold an bought there won't be subject to arbitrary reversals because you know your interface can cause these incidents?

Hello?

I don't know what the truth is about this specific incident with Pitbull and Mary Jane, but over this whole 50 page post, what has struck me most is how some people have said they see nothing morally wrong with players who do intentionally set traps to profit from other players catastrophic mistakes, because they broke no rules, but in other threads argue that pirates are moral scum even if they break no rules.

I don't know what the truth is about this specific incident with Pitbull and Mary Jane, but over this whole 50 page post, what has struck me most is how some people have said they see nothing morally wrong with players who do intentionally set traps to profit from other players catastrophic mistakes, because they broke no rules, but in other threads argue that pirates are moral scum even if they break no rules.

So true and well deserved + rep

A known exploiter cries to Mind Ark about mistake they made and only one account got locked during investigation.
Stinks of hypocrisy for me.

They should have locked Both accounts.

Why bother even commenting once again exploiters and abusive players win the day as I have learned the hard way the nice players finish dead last.

This ceased to be a true RCE a long time ago....

QWBNFyf.png

This might be true, especially in MA's mind - the virtual universe/RCE concept seems long past dead.

In the words of MA themselves.

entropia.jpg

After reading all this shit I don't understand something: How come an exploiter that bought the deeds exploiting the game and now playing from the fees (OUR POCKETS) make a mistake (WHEN HE WAS DRUNK) and MA interfear in the gameplay ?! How come after the guy get he's deeds back want's so bad to close this thread so nobody can hear the version of Pitbull or MA ???? WTF ? I just don't get it.... If I go cry that I lost more then he's fukin 12k$ since I play this game would anyone care ? NO ! Does it matter I was drunk in a night and lost 5k ped hunting daspletor in a couple of hours? shall I cry to MA I want my money back and lock everyone else couse u took em from the lootpool.
Is me the only one that see this fuking stupid ? Why not MJ just took it quiet with Pitbull ? Why the hell a fukin drunk exploiter is the victim here ??????? Are you all insane ?

Status
Back