Q&A (Aug 06)

Status

Marco|SDS

Prowler
Well, I thought it best to have a proper Q&A session - you can enter Q's in the thread and after a few days I compile the Q's and replies to them.

Please enter short and to the point questions. Do not enter support questions, they will be tossed. Other than that, anything goes. =)

Are improved mk2's and modified mercenary's, modified faps, improved faps and the like droppable or have MA classified these items as too economic and they should stay as they are: rare and impossible to loot at this point.

(Anything goes right :) )

Q: Has MindArk got any new professions on the drawing board. Some time ago MindArk said a possible profession for the future could be "truck driver" where you could transport items from one place to another, is this idea discarded or is it still something you are looking into?

Q: With entropia Universe groqing as fast as it is, will it in the future be possible to write "Entropia Universe mails" to other participants. Like a post office - just inside entropia Universe. So you could go to a "public post office" inside EU to get your mails (There could be a 1 PED fee for a mail o_0)

Seems to me that myself, and alot of other players are experiencing lag with certain tpes of creatures. Mainly Atrax, drones and molisk.

They cause lag that is in no proportion to the size and complexity of the creature, and systems that are powerful enough to load 200 longu without lag, but as soon as an atrax enter visual range, the lag is horrid.

1. Can the community have a definitive answer about trapping creatures (such as araneatrox) and what will MA do to stop this as clearly they allow it to happen and ATH HOFs to result.

2. Is Mind Ark responding to the current increase in 'hunting bot' usage? Numerous people have been reported but there has not been any action that shows the playerbase that MA is taking notice.

3. Can we have a raodmap?

4. Will there be any effort to stop the market manipulators who use multiple avatars in the auction?

5. Does MA realise that prices are out of control and putting people off playing?

Q: An increasing number of people are taking up Hair Styling now, and have gained enough skills to be able to colour hair, yet only one creature drops Basic Hair colour sets, and then only the males (Calamusiods). This has driven the price up to stupid amounts. Are there plans to increase the drop rate, or add to another creatures drops?

Q: When are party colours being implimented?

Great thread Marco, many thanks! (hope mine get answered!!!) :D

Q: when are MA going to implement a use to the "Hobby Professions", such as MindForce and Taming??? which one will be implemented soonest?

Q: what will the next VU concentrate on most?

Q: MA controls the loot for everything (obviously): as far as i can tell the mining economy (of ore drops) has stabalised, with slight fluctuations of the common ores/ens. does MA plan to change certain drops (ie make some rarer ones appear for a while) or is the system going to stay as it is?

:)

Last edited:
Q: When will a new graphic and physics engine be implemented?

Thanks a lot for this opportunity Marco, I hope you'll pick out some of these questions. Especially the first one, thanks.

A question regarding melee weapons was asked a long time ago, in an old House of Commons. The answer however, was that we would problably see more melee weapons in the future, along with a bunch of new attachments.

Q. How are Mindark going to update the melee profession in the future? Will there be amplifiers, and if so, when can we expect them?

Q. Will we see new and better Fast Aid Packs in the near future? Possibly crafted (non-limited) once which can reach a higher max heal than the Ek-2900?
Or will we see other improvements, such as attachments for FAPs?

Q. In an old issue of The Gate, we could read about a certain "Create Colors"- tool. Is there a possibility that we will see such a tool in the near future, or any other kinds of improvements to the clothes-coloring system?
Perhaps a possibiliy to select the Brightness, etc. And possibly a possibility to just bleach/recolor one field instead of all of them. Anything comming up soon?

Q. There are tons of information available regarding distant planets in the universe, such as Gorgon or Janus 2. When will we recieve more updates to the space-system, ie, the ability to travel (freely) and land on asteroids and such to explore them for certain rare and uncommon minerals or creatures?
I know this is a huge update, but what kinds of updates could we expect in the short-term?

... and one final question.

The system for limited weapons/armors is a rather complex system. However, as these items aren't repairable. The percentage of which they are sold have an affect on their economy. The affect isn't that great on ranged weapons such as rifles due to the low decay.

However, on items with a 100% decay they have a huge affect. Here's an example:

Ranged Weapon:
Damage: 44
Ammo: 9
Decay: 1
% Fee: 140%
Economy (with %): 4,23

Melee Weapon:
Damage: 44
Decay: 10
% Fee: 140%
Economy (with %): 3,14

I guess it would be possibly to create batteries or such for energy melee weapons, if such a battery was attached to a melee weapon, the battery would decay a certain percentage of the melee weapons total decay, and thus, you'd be able to use melee weapons for a longer time using such an attachment. So, to the question:

Q. Is there any possibility that we may see some upgrades to the system for limited items?

Last edited:
When will we have an ingame Mail system?

When will there be a major upgrade to the gfx enging?

When will the chat system be upgraded? Right now the chat system blows.
A better system would be able to be customized with skillgains/damage in one box that is movable and then soc chat and others in another box(es).

How does mining amps work? The info says xx% efficiency but it says nothing about how it actually works or what it does. And that would be nice to know.

When will we get an "opalo" blp gun?

Will you change the gauss guns into a better category or new category? And also their damage should be improved.

*edit*

Will you soon improve the auction? with search functions, sorting by price or and or type etc etc.

Will we ever get better skill descriptions that actually explain what the skills does?

For example Perception "Perception is the ability to stay observant and aware of the surroundings" but WHAT is it we see and observe? is it a higher maturity mob among the mobs, is it a goldnugget in the ground or what?

Example 2 Geology " Geology is the knowledge of various terrains, and their topography" but WHAT is it we know? is it that a field is a good spot to mine or that it has rare ore or what?

We NEED a MASSIVE update to our skill descriptions and we have asked about it since the start of EU.

Last edited:
Q: Will the Exchange Terminals ever work? (I think I heard they used to a while ago but were terminated because it was part of some legal stuff with the game? If that is true, will they ever come back?)

Q: Will pets in EU ever be able to attack and have any use to their owners?

Q: Any update about Factories? :)

Q: Will there be any Limited Med Kits?

1: i guess a big question is if there are going to drop more mod/imp faps, improved mk2's, modified mercenaries, modified fireforges, modified ML's,

2: are the items mentioned above going to drop before the year 2007?

3: melee/fap improvements. we need either new melee weaps/faps, or (better) amplifiers to those. (which will not be able to be put on modified and improved faps, otherwise there will still be a mean difference.)

4: with the "improving of the players experience of the Entropia Universe", will we see the loot being upped a bit? or decrease/remove the no loot messages?

5: will the crafted armours "lich, necromancer, reaper drop soon? say, before 2007?

6: are we getting new graphics? the ones we have today are getting old and not as appealing as they used to be

7: when is the next LandGrab? and will there be new/more areas?

8: pilots need more places to fly to. are we getting any interesting places to fly to soon?

9: will there be a big sale at the end of the year again? (like TI, CND), but for something different? like a continent with building rights?

10: when are you guys gonna present some sort of roadmap?

11: which events IRL are you guys going to attend to? any list?

12: any insight on new mindforce powers/taming abilities/space improvements (flying to cnd/cp/calypso is kind of boring)

13: will there be improvements to the beacon system? like, more different tt beacons?

14: will there be other "quests" then robot beacons? such as, alien beacons? underground dungeons?

15: is MindArk going to be more active ingame? (monitor 4 and 8 ive seen a couple of times) and will these monitors give usefull info to newbies/mid levels/ubers? do something upon an scamming report to them? if a bug is reported, such as warrior bug, go there and try it out so they actually see what is wrong?

16: will you, Marco, after this Q&A stop posting for a while? (i certainly hope NOT)

17: any chance of getting more MA people on the forums?

18: any chance to do this kind of an Q&A once a month orso? or once in 2 months?

19: ETA on factory system?

20: ETA on user added content system?

21: ETA on vehicles?

22: ETA on user build houses/chance of existing ones by users?

23: ETA on reactivating voting booths?

24: ETA on activating heavy weapens skill, particle beam skill, stamina attribute, other skills that are not active?

25: can you get some kind of bug hunting system? like, people that go searching for bugs and report those to you, and they get a reward, and depending on the bug they get a reward presented ingame, say, every first monday of the month or something like that?

Q. Is there any form of group ownership going to be added so Soc's can buy land without having to totaly trust the deed holder. Maybe as part of the stock exchange. We need more ways for the general players to be able to invest as that seems to be the direction MA is heading in paying for new updates.

Q

Participants asking for a long time for the implementation on a lending system. Can we expect this in the near future ?

Have MindArk plans to make it possible to split estates like Land areas in shares and sell them?

Will MA hold a survey again in the near future with some options about the direction for future development, to see what people like most/first implemented ?

Will the servers improved soon to reduce lag and make Eu ready for asia relase ?

Dont let us die dumb about the egg please ! Ok thats no question but i would die to know hows going on :tongue2:

Can you give us please a few Previevs whats in the Pipe for next Vu ?

Are there any plans to extend the functionality of the society so we can have subgroups in several levels?

Q Withdrawal

> Isn't it possible to send people a reciept when they withdrawal to give them faith that the withdrawal transaction is really on it's way. Especially because it takes so long time? It can be frustrating when you are not sure if the withdrawal is going troughtor not - and to the person it is imporant, since it is his real life money?

Thanks!

would mindark consider a feed providing auction prices including buyouts to better help the community see the economy movements

Does MA accept that the recent trapped ATH was a but of a PR problem, and would it have handled things any diffrently if it could do it again

Pls tell us of any new plans you have to improve the support experiance

1) When we will get someone to make official statement for MA when something happen(spokeman , representent , PR ,...) ?

2)Can we have a clarification about the cash card taxe?

3)Is MA planing to make a fixing bug and finish feature update?

4)Is MA planing to increase a bit the "general" item drop ( loot , BP , ore to craft) in order to reduce the crazy inflation?

5)Is MA planing to increase the "game" part again with new activities to game play like lumberjacking , or MA will increase the "investor" system with more LA , appartement ...

6) Is MA planing to make a real good shop system to intoduce concurence in game,like rented shop less taxed than auction.

7)Is there new tailoring BP on the way ?

8)Last year you spoke about re-make the coloring system , is that still on the way ?

9)Can we have a "bug" liste on the EU web site (and other usefull updated list like lock list , abuse list ...)

10)Can we know exactly how work the tax system on the LA ( how the % calculation is made)

11) Can we have a real stat in auction like in the game EVE ?

12) Can we have a real player stat (total unique player see this month , total unike player playing curently ...)

13)Is one day the support will compasate player for som insane bug problem ?

14)Can we Know how exactly work the advert system for the loot ( does it increase all loot , only create special loot ...)

15)Will you create new beacon ship (new stage) , this system seems fun for lots player , why not add more...

16)Is the chat system will be improved soon ?

17) Is the map system will be improved soon ?

Q: When will crafters be able to repair items (mayby limited too) ?
Q: What about gauss technology weapons? Now we have just 2 Gauss Guns...one limited and one looted in beacon mission. Will be more in close future?

1. Will NPC corps ever play any part in the storyline, economy of EU? I'm thinking in the lines of hiring and gaining reputation for doing errands, quest or missions for the NPC Corps like Omegaton, FireForge and Affirmative Action Arms. Would be it be possible for participants who choose to work for these NPC corporations to gain rewards and access to, new weapons, armour, tools, blueprints or even a simple cash reward?

The Robots, we all know they are a threat; but there doesn't seem to be much incentive in fighting them at all. Would it be possible to implement a permament exchange program for robot parts, similar to what has been done before?

I would really like to see a system like this implemented. Most MMOs have this system already implemented on launch.

Weapons Hit Abillity & Damage Interval

Will we ever get a more fair and logical system for weapons? One in wich the vast magority of weapons are not junk becouse they can never be maxed out.
L weapons do not fill the need by a longshot as currently implemented.

Q: To follow up on taming developments, any ETA as to when the improvements may take place, what direction (higher level features i.e hunting pets, fighting in arena, riding them, using for transport)? Will there be additional pet related equipment available (like armor, attachable weapons, saddles, etc.) Also will there ever be a non (L) brush, as those of us that tame a lot hate to see the item disappear. Will the skillgains in taming be able to grow normally, as they have been slowed down lately considerably

Q: What is the plan on introducing food / drink into the game and tie that into the stamina

Q: As of now one of the really interesting area of the game, i.e land management is not available to most of the player base. Is there a plan to develop this theme such as introduce very small plots of land for people to get a feel and perhaps add a farming profession (as of now there is really a few professions in the game), faminers can grow crops and also domestic anmals. Of course large landowners of today can make part of their lands farms as well

Q: Would it be possible to give at least a general explanation of what some of the more mysterious skills affect (Perception, Serendipity). There are way to many theories, and I think it will just be fair and helpful so people understand the game and enjoy it even more

Q: will it be possible to travel to CP and CND via TP? I know that it would present a problem for pilots, but there are ways to make it fair, and would really open up those places to a much wider player base

Q: Is there ETA for opening up the rest of Amethera and are there new creatures in store for us

Q: In terms of Mindforce, what is the roadmap for that

Q; One of your postings mentioned upgraded I for mobs, can you say more about what you mean by that, i.e will swarming behavior and aggro leveles change, wil mobs be smarter...

Q: Taming related again: as you know there are hidden skills in taming that are unlocked (i.e ability to tame daikiba stalkers, multiple pet control). It would be really helpful to have additional skills so we an track that progress or at least some indicators. Adding Multiple pet control skill and animal tamable level indicator would be a great help

Q: Given that there is now additional in game revenue from the ad systems, can we expect the average loot to improve?

Q: As the player base grows will there be more drops of uber items (and to reiterate about the IMK2,, mod fap, are those dropping at all?)

Q: Will we have the abiliy to loot complete armor sets

Q: will there be imporevements to the radar system (ability to see further and identify spider from fugabarba)

Q; Will there be a feature to T back to place of death to finish the mob you almost killed

Q: will there be more continents after amethera or more space planets open

Q: is there an idea in works for personal space ships so we do not all depend on the public transportation system

Last edited:
Q: Will there be more areas available for the next landgrab or will all new lands be sold through auction?

Q: Can we expect more society/contact features? (Soc storage including seeing who has which item, mail system, etc)

Q: Can we expect more things to do with spaceships in the near future then flying up and down on autopilot?

Q: Does a lending system sound good to MA?

Q: Are there any plans of having a permanent MA representative on the forums, or even better an official MA forum? I'm asking this because sometimes there's a lot of activity from MA's side and then you hear nothing for 2 months (Not only in vacation). For example the trapping issue... no response from MA for a long time. Basically the question is: do you think MA owes it to their playerbase to be represented at all times (again this isnt about Marco having been on vacation, it's about the periods of no-contact that happen more then I personally like) or do you think the representation of MA on private owned forums is more like a favour from MA's side? And, wouldn't it be better to have a MA forum in the latter case.

Q: Next HoC on irc?

PS I know some of these Q's are old/boring but it doesn't happen often Marco asks for a Q&A :)

I got three

Will this Q&A thread end up like the one on EP? (Never responded to.)

Will EU ever be multi-threaded and non-blocking so that it doesn't freeze completely while accessing eg. storage, auction, etc. and so it can take advantage of all new processors (dual core)?

When will the lost fap/weapon bug be fixed for real? I have lost more than 100 peds to this bug over the last month due to mob regen and inadvertent deaths. It's not hard to reproduce, just bang on the fap or fire button just as you are killed. About 10% of the time said item will not be accessible after revive until you relog.

Can we have an option to change our secondary profesional standings.

Ie my primary is laser sniper so my seconary ate Blp & Plasma (i think) But i would like to be able to change my secondary to crafting

Is this possible.

Q1: Will Mindark reflect in the future the genderproportion in the droprate of armor-parts (e.g 30% female avatars means 30% of the looted armor-parts are female)?

Q2: Will there be a better communication between MA and the community?

Q3: Will there be a always updated roadmap?

Q4: What are you going to do, to increase the active players and not only the signups?

J Snake Kelly said:
Can we have an option to change our secondary profesional standings.

Ie my primary is laser sniper so my seconary ate Blp & Plasma (i think) But i would like to be able to change my secondary to crafting

Is this possible.

yeah, good point.
Its good to know what your professional standing would be if you selected for instance medic (easy to know when you will unlock other profession's skills if you already have high skills in other areas that take up all 3 prostandings...)
+ there is no such thing as hit ability for medical skills & crafting skills like there are on weapons

Thanks for taking the time Marco-

0) What happened to Frank? Maybe I didnt read that right but I thought he would be helping on the CR side?

1) Are you still planning to allow society houses on LG's they aquire? Originally we were going to be able to build our homes and they would stay regardless of ownership.

2) Again, any update on the silly hunter bots that continue to pop up?

3) Any chance of bringing back your own website/forums/support?

4) Thoughts on providing in game support? I think the player base would be pretty excited about reporting a exploiter and someone from MA pops in and verifies the offender.

5) Could there be a society storage in the future?

6) With the new AI for mobs, will there be a increase in rewards?

7) Any more real world item prizes on the way?

More of a comment- As you know, inernational money transfers bounce around from bank to bank (worse in the states) and it would be really nice to have some type of transaction ID when you withdraw money.

Thanks again!

8) Did you enjoy vacation?

Status
Back