Q&A (Aug 06)

Status
Q When will we be getting accsess to northern / eastern Amethera?

Q Will their be a chance that new mobs will be introduced that newb / mediocre players can kill?

Q Do you cycle to work on a bike with stablisers?

Q Will their ever be a chance of a MA hosted EU convention / meet up?

And that is all! Fairwell!

PLEASE MARCO, DON'T EVADE ALL THE QUESTION WITH ONE SINGLE BULK OF REPLIES, GO AFTER EACH QUESTION !!!

Apologies if this has already been asked but...

Will the uber hofs be one day funded entirely from advert revenues or will they continue to be subsidised from the general loot pool (as I think is current practice?)?

(I'd prefer the uber hofs not to be funded by lowering normal loots if you wanted my opinion on this by the way).

Q: Whats going on with "The Entropian" magazine ?

Q: Are real life items still droping ? (Like posters - it was great idea imho).

Q: Can we heve "players online" counter on entropiauniverse web page ? If not - why ?

Q: Is there planned some automation of flights for pilots/hangar owners ? Ticket system etc ? Current situation is really bad :(

Q: What MA is going to do with all those unsold appartments ?
Are they going to stay at auction forever ?

Q: (suggestion) Can we have some tools or attachments that will simply autoclick for us ?

Q: (suggestion) Can we have skills or proffesional ranks more "outside visible" ?
I mean some fancy movement, gestures or combat animations available only at certain skill level ?
Maybe when you gain "strength" your avatar gains muscles ?
Or imagine some kung-fu moves after unlocking martial arts :)
Simply - make skilled players visible - without need to scan them.

Last edited:
Q1. Will MA start working to enhance the game more for the players and not the investors?

Q2. If the MMO underlying EU is not up to scratch how can you hope to create your virtual universe?

Q3. What is MA going to do to stop the 70% of the players leaving in the first month of joining?

Q4. Why did the Terranova Blog controversy got so out of hand? When simple dicussions could have suffice and ensured a potential ally for promoting the game.

Q5. Will your Press Releases be based less on sensationalism and hyperbole and more on actual facts? The hype is killing EU as people join with far different expectations to whats on offer.

Q6. Will MA start treating its player base with a bit more respect in terms of our feedback and wishes? Communicating openly and effectly.

Q7. Will we see a lending system?

Last edited:
Q : Is the personal luck factor (if there is one, means also such a similar thing) and growing factor (skillgain factor) selected at avatar creation and didnt change in avatar life ?

Btw. if this Q&A works well , its a very good idea to communicate in this way with the community , thx therefor :)

Q: Will MA ever destroy (read - get rid of) all the useless crap such as Pioneer Armour, which bloats the database and is never used anyway because it is useless.

Q: Will MA ever merge several very similar items into a single item, thereby reducing the confusion and pointless duplication of very slightly different items... for example Handguns, there are many, many very similar guns in stats, why not just merge them and reduce the database overheads.

Q: How does MA intend to counteract the massive price markups we have been subjected to over the last 6 months? or is this "just the way it is"?

Q: In Issue 1 of The Entropian, MA promised vehicles by the end of 2006. That timeframe is fast approaching it's end.. when are vehicles going to be implemented?

Q: Will MA ever change their stance on avatar owned items? Currently MA own everything, it's not right as the universe is linked to a real cash economy.

Q: Will MA adapt the Event System so that we can search for events anywhere, and not ONLY the events that were created in that specific location. It's impossible to visit every single Claim Marker and Event Organiser in order to find events to participate in.

Q: Does MA intend to implement a Loaning System? IF so, when? If not, why not?

Q: Why is the Ravenger series of miniguns the ONLY gun type that is unable to be Amped? (Maybe Lagunus too, not sure) Is this going to change?

Q: Why does a Focus Charge allow concentration to continue for Sweating, Healing, etc... but NOT Teleportation? It's illogical !

Q: When cND was opened, it was stated that the asteroid would host 3 unique mobs. Why, in the new area of Amathera that recently opened, is one of those mobs present? (Caperon)

Q: Will MA implement an Event Termial/Organiser for Crystal Palace?

Q: Why is cND subjected to "Other Zone" auction fees, but Crystal Palace is not?

Q: How does MA intend to combat the massive difference in skills between avatars who gained most of their skills 2+ years ago by auto-clicking, against the newer avatars who can no longer skill this way; coupled with the intense slowdown of skills resulting in it being literally impossible to attain such high skills now? Or are avatars younger than 2 years screwed?

I think that's all for now. Thank you in advance for your time and attention to everybodies questions.

Last edited:
Q. Item drops.. previously it has been said that all items will always drop, from the mob they dropped from before, just the frequency changes. fair enough - but clothes stopped dropping, as did toys and certain high-level stuff. Is it still possible to loot all post-gold items? not just mod/imp/adj stuff, but other stuff which we dont see anymore?

Q. Will the droprate be increased to accomodate for the boom in prices, or is MA happy to see mk5's going for 15000ped and imk2 for 400000ped?

Q. Roadmap! :D

Q. Is the Opalo and other TT items due to advertising? they are obviously far more economical (especially for newcomers) than any other weapons.. where is the funding coming from if these couldnt be available before?

Q. Bugfixes.. theres a lot of bugs, its nice to get a parallel roadmap for bugs :)

Q. Why did MA change the style between Eudoria and amethera? I.e. maps and landscape.

Q. Will we see more huntable mid-level monsters (akin to Exarosaur Stalkers) which drop mid-level stuff? And will we see more TRUE hard mobs like Daspletors on amethera?

Q. TANTARDIONS! When will DNA be dropped for these? Or is it already? And do they still drop stuff? :p

Ty and Np if you cant answer any :) and sorry if theyve been asked
previously.

EDIT::

Sorry, forgot this:

Q. Will there ever be Storage on CP/CND?

Not sure if this have been asked,but
Q: Will MA treat better theyr customers since lately they seems not to care with players problems...
Q: Will MA respond directly to the support cases instead all those "universal answers"..

Q: Why are all hard mobs @ outposts, so noobs get stuck there all the time?
Q: Does MA overlook players who act suspicious in terms of auto-click and other bots?
Q: Is Peassistant legal to use?
Q: Why do mobs increase there rate of attack when u fap? (to eat some more of my peds right)
Q: Why do some creatures carry no loot?
Q: Why is crafting so damn expensive and why does it always fail?
Q: HOW DOES THE LOOTPOOL WORK?????

i'd be glad if one of these got answered.

More important,
Q:whats wrong since you felt you had to make this tread?

Last edited:
Lots of good questions so far.

Maybe it's time to ease up on new questions for a while and give the man a chance to reply to some of the ones already asked...

Q: When will the web interface for the ATM cards be available? You charge 10 PED fee for over-charging, but there is no way to check the current balance.

Biggest Q is, will marco ever care and read theese posts :p
But here some mining Q's
Q: Will theese very big deposits 5k+ and bigger! keep comming and always be in favor of trying to lure more people in this game, or will them big ones be dvidided into more smaller ones, and make them hard working miners more happy?. Why put hours and hours of work into mining and actually loose on it?, what work works that way...

Q: Will there come OF-106 and above ?, many people are in need of getting better finders, and the rare 203 and 204 that is next step after OF-105 are just to few.

Q: Will this game keep being profitable for the rich or/and lucky, or the hardworking ones ?.

Q: When will there come more things to craft, so more ore types could be utililized?

Cheers!

Q: Why is the pets and the team color the same on the radar?

Q: Why not mark the disciples on the radar with another (not used yet) color?

Q: Why can't find someone in EU by the name?

Kernel32 said:
Q: Why are all hard mobs @ outposts, so noobs get stuck there all the time?
Q: Does MA overlook players who act suspicious in terms of auto-click and other bots?
Q: Is Peassistant legal to use?
Q: Why do mobs increase there rate of attack when u fap? (to eat some more of my peds right)
Q: Why do some creatures carry no loot?
Q: Why is crafting so damn expensive and why does it always fail?
Q: HOW DOES THE LOOTPOOL WORK?????

i'd be glad if one of these got answered.

Please don't waste the man's time. These are all pointless and/or already answered questions.

1) so that the noobs can learn to be careful and the value of tp chips, their soc, and knowing the aggro range of different mobs
3) No comment can be made on this. Third party programs that interact with EU are illegal per EULA and MA will not say PEAss is allowed to avoid creating a paradox. That is all you need to (or will) know. Be happy they say nothing because if they said anything they would have to condemn it.
4) Mob attack rate stays the same at all times. Their hit rate may increase when you are not attacking them, although i have not seen data for this. If so it makes sense as a mob being hit will be less precise.
5) because before when they all had loot the imk2 owners were guaranteed profit no matter what, now it requires more strategy and caution
6) because your skills suck
7) He will not answer that except perhaps to say that there isn't a "loot pool"

One more:

I have thought of one more question that came up in the course of this thread. The advent of land areas allows us to chose whether we hunt on a taxed or untaxed area. There is some doubt as to whether this tax is taken from the general "pool" or directly from the loot awarded the person hunting or mining in the land area, and even if perhaps a bonus maybe be given to those that choose to hunt on taxed areas. If the tax is not taken directly from the person choosing to hunt in the taxed area, this is in fact penalizing those who take (what should be) the wiser course of avoiding the taxed areas and creates a "tragedy of the commons" situation that is ultimately detrimental to MA's continued existence or the health of EU. Is the tax taken directly from the loot return of the hunter/miner, with no special bonus modifiers for hunting in a land area?

And a last addition

About reached ropes end here and fed up, to boot, so here's another question which won't get answered because the answer would be damning to MA. It' obvious to those who pay attention that some avatars have ridiculously good luck, over and over. It's not the mobs, it's not the weapon or the place, it's not the time in a hunt (did over 18-hr hunt yesterday ffs), i have checked all those as thoroughly as possible. I have submitted support cases asking MA to fix the inequities in avatar luck factor. I'm guessing the problem is that one component of the cycle is on a time scale that puts it outside the likely window of the existence of EU (see for example, this randomly picked page on sums of sines for those wondering what i'm talking about). So my question: will MA be fixing the avatar luck cycles so that all avatars have, within a 1-year period, the same chance for a very good loot (edit: modifier)?

Last edited:
Will there ever be an automatic craft function?

Q: I heard a rumor that sleeping and eating will be implented in the game.

Will this be true? or is this just a false rumour?

Q: Will all of EU ever be pvp?

Blob said:
Will there ever be an automatic craft function?

This one has been mentioned several times but if you are prioritizing your answers then maybe it needs a bump. Here are some of my reasons for bumping it...

While I understand MA's policy towards 3rd party software there are elements of the game where people are almost forced to violate this policy if they want to compete. In my opinion some sort of in game automation for repetitive tasks could help in the following ways:

1) Provide a more level playing field (if you observe the EULA strictly atm you have no chance to skill/compete in the crafting profession for example).

2) Make it easier for yourselves to police the people who are exploiting areas of the game with 3rd party software.

3) Reduce the chance of 'honest' players getting RSI through too many mouseclicks or divorce papers from too many hours spent in EU.

Maybe this is already planned into the factories we hear are coming - plz tell :)

I think the thread below illustrates well how skilling crafting has become something that is simply beyond most players to achieve with out some sort of automation.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35212

Of course this doesn't just apply to crafting but also mining and even hunting.
Some mobs take a lot of shots to kill with an opalo and while the younger players have better things to worry about than RSI there are plenty of us playing with aching joints. It would be really nice to be able to map a key as a simple on/off switch to continously execute the relevant action.

Last edited:
Given the overwhelming number of questions, do you regret even starting this thread? :)

Helius said:
Given the overwhelming number of questions, do you regret even starting this thread? :)
Yeah,it should be 1 question per person

Q: Which is MindArk policy toward "hunting bots"? Shall we see any public-announced stance? (like avatar x has been banned for using hunting bot)

Q: When will be introduced other society utility beside LG?

Q: Will attributes ever be chippeable? (Is not a wish, I want to know MA's intention toward this)

and a free bump for:

Q: Will be introduced automated crafting? (since you can't expect somebody which wants to enjoy the game to go for 100k consecutive clicks on basic filters..)

Legion said:
... When will we get an "opalo" blp gun? ...

we wants it so bad! :D

ok, it's been told somewhere that the best and most wanted items still can drop. what does that mean? I really believe that they can drop but can those drop like once in a year? in 2 years? after x number of particular mob killed from which which it could be looted? is/will it be connected to avatar's skills? if yes, do the chipped skills have the same effect as naturally gained?

moreover, as the player base is growing and more and more highly skilled avatars come up too, is/will this affect the number of drops of such items?

to make it even more clear, how does MA plan to keep the tomorrow's ubers and legends not to sell out and ruin the connection to stories from the past if the only things that could motivate them to keep on skilling are available for 10k - 20k USD today and will cost twice as much after another year passed if it all will have the the same tendency? or will it always be like now, that high-end grear/equipment is only in the hands of those who joined earlier and those who can afford to deposit enough and overpay the current holders of such items? we need "love is all around" not "inflation is all around"!

old and not forgotten questions :
- why is there no stats shown on faps?
- is it possible (I know it is) to show min or even average dmg of weapons based on holder's skills? i believe same goes for other equipment aswell.
- I have a "feeling" that armor protects according to the stats it has only if in full repair. why is that not confirmed by some indicating number under armor's sats?
- skill description says actually nothing about it's influence. why can't it just explain like "Aim - skill that modifies hit ability, min dmg and pro standing"? I know that MA does not want to give out certain numbers which would say that hit ability consists of 20% aim, 16.5% RDA etc. but we do not even want to know these numbers exactly (however, it's not clear, why it should be hidden information anyways...)
- [this one is painful for many of us!] who is responsible for ammo burnt/weapon or armor decayed if mob gets trapped and will not take any dmg but can still hit player? simple and fair solution to me and MA - ammo/decay will not be taken, mob will not be hit and me aswell if it gets trapped! by the way, for how long is it actually flagged as trapped after it happens? why isn't it made untrapped right after free again? and just for the record - if I can not hit animal not facing it directly, it should not to be able do it to me aswell!

P.S. I leave some space here to add more Qs || As later :)

J.

Oh boy ... far tooo many questions I guess :D :D :D

But was a dangerous thread from the beginning ;)

So just one question here:

What's happening to that storyline of PE. The old history is gone from the website and only keep alive by the community. You told me in a PM that there was gonna be an update of that storyline. When is it supposed to come ?

Actaully what should happen too-if someone is willing ;) is to do an Index of all the questions, that way we know which ones have been answered and what to ask next time. There are many great quesitons.

Digit said:
Actaully what should happen too-if someone is willing ;) is to do an Index of all the questions, that way we know which ones have been answered and what to ask next time. There are many great quesitons.

heeey, isnt that marcos job to do ;)

Q: Is there any plan, in near future, to allow universe modification by non MA developers, eg. as it is happening in Second Life?

PS: Please ignore the question if it was already asked in previous posts.

Status
Back