RL LOGO competition - win a pig + efds

logo1.gif

I like the way the National flower the thistle is very similar in shape to the glass you like - so playing with it a little - first attempt ;)

Hi Nun and the Priest... :)

Have done something that I think would fit you two.
For me Whiskey is about heritage and traditions and its something used by all kind of peop, young to old.
So my logo is simple and easy to use. An old english font manualy twisted by me to give it a mix between old and a new look. This logo will work well every were and in all situations. No matter if its an engraving on the finest whiskey glass or printed on a t-shirt used by youngsters as fasion wear.

scottishdelight.jpg

sd-amt-lady.jpg

Hope you 2 liked it... :)

VERY nice :eek: Good work there!!!

Still waiting for VF to come home :( - and then we're heading out again .. but make sure he WILL see all of your entries tonight :D

logo1.gif

I like the way the National flower the thistle is very similar in shape to the glass you like - so playing with it a little - first attempt ;)

wow that is also VERY cute and nice!!!

It's getting more and more difficult! I just KNEW you where the right forum to ask :yay: :yay:

:wtg:

Ve-ry nice Neo! :yay:

Just add bery (j/k) :wise:

What's the font BTW if I may ask?

Tnx :)
Its not a regular font any more... but i used some old english font as base and added my own touch to it... i could check it up if you want... (at wrong computer now)

Tnx :)
Its not a regular font any more... but i used some old english font as base and added my own touch to it... i could check it up if you want... (at wrong computer now)

I was mostly interested of flexible swirlies inside S's hook for example. Like your job or..?

SECOND ATTEMPT....

(I prefer this one)

logo2.gif

scottish_delight.jpg

...nothing beats a good chessgame...and some Scottish Delight to improve it! :D

Now that´s what I call an ad! :laugh:

Logo Design

sdlogo.jpg

Here is a simple concept design. The artwork needs some finishing and the colors can be adjusted of course. Just trying to get a direction at this point. If you like overall design I can play with fonts and colors--soften/clean-up the artwork for a finish product.

This is not my normal profession so it takes me a while to do the artwork--It is not worth the hours of time to perfect this if the overall concept is wrong for what you have in mind.

If the design has promise let me know your thoughts and I will adjust it--if I am heading in the wrong direction, no problem, I can come back with other ideas.

b_w1.jpg

Black & White

red1.jpg

Colored

I know you said no red, please whip me about it, but I did not design the Scottish coat of arms I swear D:

If I order 2 bottles of Johnnie Walker - Blue Label King George V Edition, will I get 1 Johnnie Walker - Blue Label 200th Anniversary for free then ?

Throw in a mod fap, and I'll personally deliver two bottles of Blue Label 200th anniversary to your doorstep ;)

I'll prolly never say this again, but I personally do not mind JW at all. Black label is damn decent for a blend. Perhaps it would be worth stocking up on some of the more exclusive bottles of JW as well :) It might be a nice way to start of a tasting with a black or green label, just to get the tastebuds all warmed up, and to introduce the proper concepts of the tasting and nosing without the clientele accidently wasting precious liquid gold :D

Which reminds me. I'll have to get a hold of a claymore, in case someone at any given point suggests "we mix this 25 year old with cola". I'll gladly suffer the lightning that follows after the beheading.

We're both seriously impressed with the entries so far, though. There's some real promising ones among them for sure. If you guys do not mind, we'll toss in an idea every now and then and see which direction that takes the creations. I'm also convinced we might at times get inspired into ideas by your creations, and toss new ideas back at you. Rest assured, your efforts will be rewarded ;)

Thansk so much for all your work so far. We're actually quite surprised by how much attention this already got, despite having only been active for about a day. Should you ever find yourselves in the Denmark area you're always welcome to drop by for a wee dram (offer not valid for people living nextdoor hoping for daily free booze).

Slainthe Mhath.

There are some incredible offerings here ... I love when the creative community comes to the forefront in time of need, it's just amazing. AND ... I can't wait for my own personal tasting session on (what I'm sure will become) the infamous "Whiskey Lounge Terrace" next Summer. I'll bet by then, you'll have a well established whiskey cellar, but you might consider putting a lock on the door just in case I should happen to sleepwalk out from the MindStar Hut! :wise: :laugh:

Great job everyone ... and as with any creative solicitation venture, I don't envy you Lykke and VF being in the position to having to choose, unless you're inspired by such and come up with your own design. Either way, this is a great thread to watch, and can't wait to see how this all comes together for you guys. :wtg:

<3 you both! :D

I really like k002's contribution. Nom!

Tweaked my earlier thingy a little and realised that it makes a mean smiley. Ah well... :laugh:

sd_logo1b.jpg

Also... I know you guys would "prefer" few colors, but I have another suggestion I think you should really consider. I think its very elegant yet stylish, traditional but contemporary urban!

ad_logo2.jpg

Ok, I think I have something now, have been working in illustrator for a couple of hours; (I have never used Illustrator before... lol)

Simplistic Logo...;

picture.php

2.0 logo;

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the "2.0 one used as a desktop shortcut;

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

And here's the Air Balloon ;)

picture.php

Well, I cant really develop these any more currently since I'm going away for around 3 weeks...
So if you want the base file; http://www.mediafire.com/?btjtmmx2llx
It's filled with other unfinished ideas and stuff...

And since you mentioned that you didn't have illustrator, here's a pdf file and a PSD file just in case...

PDF : http://www.mediafire.com/?nmrdomxlgvb

PSD : http://www.mediafire.com/?shsziujrjct

Last edited:
wow people :eek::eek: I go sleep for some hours, and see what happens :yay:

Damn, I wish I had your skills :ahh:

So far they are ALL awesome!! I have to agree with MindStar - it is not that fun to be VF and me atm (well, it IS great because this boost our ideas and makes lots of room for other suggestions, which we didn't think about ourselves) - but the selcting part :rolleyes: THAT one is gonna be touch indeed!

And still, we are only on the second day of the competition here :yay:

Thank you for all your contributions so far!! All your work is really really appreciated :hug:

Well, consider me apart of the contest, because I'm just starting to get used to this whole Linux thing. Theres a way around everything! I'll figure out how I'll manage to be apart it some how. :yay:

scottish_delight.jpg

...nothing beats a good chessgame...and some Scottish Delight to improve it! :D

Now that´s what I call an ad! :laugh:

That one looks cool too :p Like the royal "touch" - how would it look on a piece of paper (without the glass)? Also, what fond type is that? I like it :)

sdlogo.jpg

Here is a simple concept design. The artwork needs some finishing and the colors can be adjusted of course. Just trying to get a direction at this point. If you like overall design I can play with fonts and colors--soften/clean-up the artwork for a finish product.

This is not my normal profession so it takes me a while to do the artwork--It is not worth the hours of time to perfect this if the overall concept is wrong for what you have in mind.

If the design has promise let me know your thoughts and I will adjust it--if I am heading in the wrong direction, no problem, I can come back with other ideas.

No doubt it is scottish :D with the scottish blue, and the stribe of kilt :D only thing is ... the mermaid is not quite scottish is it? It's cute though ... but more perfect for a fish restaurant (maybe we will expand our business ;) )

Nice job though :)

b_w1.jpg

Black & White

red1.jpg

Colored

I know you said no red, please whip me about it, but I did not design the Scottish coat of arms I swear D:

Very nice job, Mkdesign. I would love to see this without the background picture on the shield - just the glass - and maybe in a bottle-green color? The yellow is too yellow (maybe a brownish?) and the grey/black too colorless ;)

But the design and idea is great :)

That one looks cool too :p Like the royal "touch" - how would it look on a piece of paper (without the glass)? Also, what fond type is that? I like it :)

Hehe thought you would ;)

Well, on white piece of paper w/o the glass, it would look something like this;

scottish_delight2.jpg

The font is called "Scurlock" :)

...btw for your future ads, may suggest that you engage Sean Connery...he´s very talented! :D

Regards!

//jim

I really like k002's contribution. Nom!

Tweaked my earlier thingy a little and realised that it makes a mean smiley. Ah well... :laugh:

sd_logo1b.jpg

Also... I know you guys would "prefer" few colors, but I have another suggestion I think you should really consider. I think its very elegant yet stylish, traditional but contemporary urban!

ad_logo2.jpg

First one is a very nice improvement of the first you made :) It's very stylish and simple - the way I like is. I also love the twist with the S in the D.

The second one - and I HAVE to be honest ;) is fun and very modern - but not my style at all. If I was selling hip clothes for young people THAT one would be REALLY great :D ... but for whisky, I'm afraid not ;)

We will be introducing a whisky-section, where a new logo with that style MIGHT be an option ^^

Ok, I think I have something now, have been working in illustrator for a couple of hours; (I have never used Illustrator before... lol)

Simplistic Logo...;

picture.php

2.0 logo;

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the "2.0 one used as a desktop shortcut;

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

And here's the Air Balloon ;)

picture.php

Well, I cant really develop these any more currently since I'm going away for around 3 weeks...
So if you want the base file; http://www.mediafire.com/?btjtmmx2llx
It's filled with other unfinished ideas and stuff...

And since you mentioned that you didn't have illustrator, here's a pdf file and a PSD file just in case...

PDF : http://www.mediafire.com/?nmrdomxlgvb

PSD : http://www.mediafire.com/?shsziujrjct

lol at the air balloon :D HAHA would be GREAT to have one of those one day ;)

The idea with the glass is nice :) The picture though and the text somehow doesn't seem "clean" or sharp? I also know you kept the glass in a "whisky" colour - but with the chance of contradict myself from earlier - I was wondering how it would look like black/white/grey?

If you're going on a vacation - I wish you a great one :D and thanks again for your contribution :silly2:

Hehe thought you would ;)

Well, on white piece of paper w/o the glass, it would look something like this;

scottish_delight2.jpg

The font is called "Scurlock" :)

...btw for your future ads, may suggest that you engage Sean Connery...he´s very talented! :D

Regards!

//jim

wow you're fast :D

it looks much better like that - very simple and clean :) (I know you meant well, by putting it on a glass, and it IS important to know how well that would look, since that will be a product - but as a logo it's also nice to see the clean paper version ;) )

About connery ... we already thought about that :D Anyone knows him? :dunno:

so many ideas and new thinking :D

For your information - I'm saving all the ideas on my computer and will put them into one file so I can see them all next to each other! It WILL be sooo very difficult to choose!!!

A QUESTION
Peter and I talked about the whole thing and how awesome it is, so many people contribute to help us out. We are working on the website (Peter is :D ) - and we have this idea to have a site with the history of the company.

We would LOVE if we may post all the logo suggestions on the site with your avatar names - to tell the story about how we found the logo.

When this contest is over, we will ask you for your permission to do so. Also, if you do not want it, no worries :) we just thought it would be fun, interesting and also a way for us to show you our appriciation for what you're doing!

Aww.. you no like bright bubbles and flowers? I thought it oozed of high class whiskey!

(maybe bubbles & bright colors is what comes after consuming the whiskey though, im not sure. :scratch2:)

:laugh:

wow you're fast :D

Hmmm...that´s what my gf says too... :scratch2:

About connery ... we already thought about that :D Anyone knows him? :dunno:

Yea...think he´s gonna have his big break really soon though, be sure to engage him before he does! :silly:

A QUESTION
Peter and I talked about the whole thing and how awesome it is, so many people contribute to help us out. We are working on the website (Peter is :D ) - and we have this idea to have a site with the history of the company.

We would LOVE if we may post all the logo suggestions on the site with your avatar names - to tell the story about how we found the logo.

When this contest is over, we will ask you for your permission to do so. Also, if you do not want it, no worries :) we just thought it would be fun, interesting and also a way for us to show you our appriciation for what you're doing!

No worries, u´ve got my blessings...be sure to spell my name right though, it´s jim with an underscore & a capital T ^^

Regards!

jim_T :thumbup:

I heard (somewhere) that visualizing gearbox maintenance helps. :wise:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And jim, I noticed when I wanted to reward you with the efds ... I couldn't find you and was even complaining to peter untill I found out I was a n00b (he already knew that ... :rolleyes:) and forgot the _ in your name ;)

Back