RL LOGO competition - win a pig + efds

Aww.. you no like bright bubbles and flowers? I thought it oozed of high class whiskey!

(maybe bubbles & bright colors is what comes after consuming the whiskey though, im not sure. :scratch2:)

:laugh:

:) I like it Unionova - but for a whole other whisky section :D

more about that much later though ;)

lol at the air balloon :D HAHA would be GREAT to have one of those one day ;)

The idea with the glass is nice :) The picture though and the text somehow doesn't seem "clean" or sharp? I also know you kept the glass in a "whisky" colour - but with the chance of contradict myself from earlier - I was wondering how it would look like black/white/grey?

If you're going on a vacation - I wish you a great one :D and thanks again for your contribution :silly2:

I saved them as crappy gifs...

These should be better;

picture.php

picture.php

I saved them as crappy gifs...

These should be better;

picture.php

picture.php

ah yes :D that's much more crisp than the other !! And it's good to see it looks well as the black, white, grey logo too!

Hmm, well i'm a graphics nub but i'm off till September and bored out of my mind so thought i'd have an attempt.
This was just quick so i could spend extra time trying to neaten it up/improve quality but i'm honestly not sure how good it would look blown up as its composed of bitmaps not vectors so will go all pixellated.

Be kind..:ahh:

Attempt 1: (potentially more to come)

Hmm, well i'm a graphics nub but i'm off till September and bored out of my mind so thought i'd have an attempt.
This was just quick so i could spend extra time trying to neaten it up/improve quality but i'm honestly not sure how good it would look blown up as its composed of bitmaps not vectors so will go all pixellated.

Be kind..:ahh:

Attempt 1: (potentially more to come)

:yay: Thanks for your contribution.

How does this look on paper and not on a glass? I like the idea with the shield in the middle - but it should be a little smaller, I think ;)

No worries - I'm also n00b - even more :D (was that kind? :scratch2: )

500 efds reward on its way :silly2:

There are some incredible offerings here ... I love when the creative community comes to the forefront in time of need, it's just amazing. AND ... I can't wait for my own personal tasting session on (what I'm sure will become) the infamous "Whiskey Lounge Terrace" next Summer. I'll bet by then, you'll have a well established whiskey cellar, but you might consider putting a lock on the door just in case I should happen to sleepwalk out from the MindStar Hut! :wise: :laugh:

Great job everyone ... and as with any creative solicitation venture, I don't envy you Lykke and VF being in the position to having to choose, unless you're inspired by such and come up with your own design. Either way, this is a great thread to watch, and can't wait to see how this all comes together for you guys. :wtg:

<3 you both! :D

woohooo we can't wait to be able to sit on that whisky lounge balcony and look at the sea either (it's far in the distance but everything counts, right? :silly2:)

I can't wait to introduce you to the whisky's either, MindStar :laugh: - but yeah, a lock might be wise HAHAHA :silly2:

How does this look on paper and not on a glass? I like the idea with the shield in the middle - but it should be a little smaller, I think ;)

finalroughnoglass.jpg

is the original image simply with the glass removed and i'm about to start work on resizing the shield and touching up the writing (each letters an individual image as its custom, not a font). It isn't that noticable but the dragon is actually holding a bottle of whisky , but i'm thinking of removing that.

finalroughnoglass.jpg

is the original image simply with the glass removed and i'm about to start work on resizing the shield and touching up the writing (each letters an individual image as its custom, not a font). It isn't that noticable but the dragon is actually holding a bottle of whisky , but i'm thinking of removing that.

OH lol I didnt even see the whisky bottle :D fun idea though!

And thanks for posting it without the glass :)

wow, all contributions are really really good.. I think I will ask EF next time I need something like this..

If only I could do stuff like this aswell :(

Oh well, good thing there are ppl that can do it for us huh? :D

Good luck Lykke and VF.

And good luck to all who are trying!!

so the company name is exactly 'Scottish Delight'

no Ltd. or anything ?

this should be clear before doing a CD

ohh and any slogans?

would be good to know before making a concept.

PS: i like the t-shirt!

so the company name is exactly 'Scottish Delight'

no Ltd. or anything ?

this should be clear before doing a CD

ohh and any slogans?

would be good to know before making a concept.

PS: i like the t-shirt!

The company is an I/S - and we dont want that on the clean logo :)

So Scottish Delight I/S - but NOT on the logos thanks :D

we where thinking about a slogan, and had the idea:

Taste the colours of scotland

The concept and business plan which is handed over to the bank, is already made :) Also we have a VAT number - so everything is legally registered.

I heard (somewhere) that visualizing gearbox maintenance helps. :wise:

Thx kalanen! ...visualizing a gearbox maintenance, certainly gonna help me...

fix_jim_ts_gearbox-girls.jpg

...becoming UBER-FAST!!! :laugh:

Taste the colours of scotland

FYI importing acid is illegal. :(

How about "Wanna smell my bagpipes"? :scratch2:

Thx kalanen! ...visualizing a gearbox maintenance, certainly gonna help me...

fix_jim_ts_gearbox-girls.jpg

...becoming UBER-FAST!!! :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

Hmm... does the fact 3rd "gal" from the left is actually disguised Timothy Leary slow you down even a bit? :D

FYI importing acid is illegal. :(

How about "Wanna smell my bagpipes"? :scratch2:

:laugh::laugh:

Hmm... does the fact 3rd "gal" from the left is actually disguised Timothy Leary slow you down even a bit? :D

...no...it will just make it more challenging! :D

Tried something else

brown1.jpg

I like that one too :) Im just not that fond of the very yellow color - I like the brown-yellowish you used on the sites better. Also the glass should be a little bit smaller, I believe? But much better than the first one. It is more simple like this :)

Thanks for retrying :yay:

sd.jpg

sd_3d.jpg

sd3_105845.jpg

...now featuring...your slogan! :thumbup:

Last edited:
My go, can't see it worthy of a whole pig, maybe some bacon for a sandwich?

smaller_scotland.jpg

Thought I might be original in choosing lots of blue... ah well:)

It's only in Paint but if you wanted something simple.... or done by simple means lol

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Simple / classy / 2 colours / clean /

logo-4_goudy_old_copy_654107.jpg

You can place the text where you want .. for example when you need banner you could place it upper-right....

logo-4_goudy_old_bigger_copy_221908.jpg

A more minimalistic approach. A lot of variaties and possibilities (depending on yr feedback and preferences)

logo_4_minimalistc.jpg

Yes, you can use it without a black background and save up inkt when printing on white paper ;) ...

logo4-bigger_black-white_copy_823560.jpg

Lettertypes can be altered (based on your preference).. I prefer the minimalistic one for it's simplicity. These things can also be used easely to print on a glass.. a black shirt..

on a black cap (just 1 of many possibilities)

logo_op_pet1_copy.jpg

on a bottle (who knows one day yr own brand?)

on_a_bottle.jpg

I can go on for a while lol

Fancy a shirt?

shirt.jpg

more variations might follow

balloon.jpg

I'll stop now :p

Last edited:
wow people :eek::eek::eek:

You keep amazing us here! I really don't know what to say - where to begin and where to end. The last suggestions are also AWESOME!!! Some of the suggestions we got now are actually what we considder brilliant!

This is gonna be SO hard to choose. I think we might choose around 5-10 first and then have a poll on EF to hear what people think. Not that it's gonna make the final - but because it gives an indication of what our customers / people in general might like :)

In the end though - we WILL have the final saying - but damn you all make it hard :D

I can't spread reps anymore :cry: ................

wow people :eek::eek::eek:

You keep amazing us here! I really don't know what to say - where to begin and where to end. The last suggestions are also AWESOME!!! Some of the suggestions we got now are actually what we considder brilliant!

...I hear that alot :D ...in fact;

You are a genius.

Hurrikane

...quoted for truth ofc! :laugh:

Scottish Delight +

Hey,

As Lykke said, there are at the moment great submitions here.

So i thought i should do another attempt to keep myself in the competition :ahh:.

Here's my attempt :
Good luck and thanks for the comments.
scottish11.jpg

balloon.jpg

:rofl:
I saw your post before you added that entry and thought "hmmm nice, very nice!" and then I looked again and saw that one :) Awesome stuff.

The Logo is very nice. :thumbup:

Thank you Skam :ahh::ahh:

oh and btw I really think that Lykke should use a hot air balloon like that!!:yay:

if the entries keep comming like this, then we have a great competition! keep 'em comming guys and gals :wtg::wtg:

My go, can't see it worthy of a whole pig, maybe some bacon for a sandwich?

smaller_scotland.jpg

Thought I might be original in choosing lots of blue... ah well:)

It's only in Paint but if you wanted something simple.... or done by simple means lol

Hurrikane

Blueish and warm :ahh: - it's the colours of scotland though ;) even though I'm aware whisky makes you hot :naughty:

:) Thanks

Simple / classy / 2 colours / clean /

logo-4_goudy_old_copy_654107.jpg

You can place the text where you want .. for example when you need banner you could place it upper-right....

logo-4_goudy_old_bigger_copy_221908.jpg

A more minimalistic approach. A lot of variaties and possibilities (depending on yr feedback and preferences)

logo_4_minimalistc.jpg

Yes, you can use it without a black background and save up inkt when printing on white paper ;) ...

logo4-bigger_black-white_copy_823560.jpg

Lettertypes can be altered (based on your preference).. I prefer the minimalistic one for it's simplicity. These things can also be used easely to print on a glass.. a black shirt..

on a black cap (just 1 of many possibilities)

logo_op_pet1_copy.jpg

on a bottle (who knows one day yr own brand?)

on_a_bottle.jpg

I can go on for a while lol

Fancy a shirt?

shirt.jpg

more variations might follow

balloon.jpg

This is also beautiful!!! Really classic, nice colours - calm & harmonic!!!

The balloon is ..... well ..... it's .... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks a lot :)

Hey,

As Lykke said, there are at the moment great submitions here.

So i thought i should do another attempt to keep myself in the competition :ahh:.

Here's my attempt :
Good luck and thanks for the comments.
scottish11.jpg

And another very nice solution from you too!! I love the little glass in the middle. Nice and stylish!!!

(I'm gonna dig myself down untill after the contest! I just can't make a choise!! TOO many nice ones!!!! DAMN people you're good!!!!)

Back