!!SCAM!!: http://www.entropiauniverse.net84.net/

I get requests from various ways of typing support often also. Since I'm doing a boring mission grinding atm I keep filing supports each time also :D

Just ban all 3 names from being created? Gosh im so clever..... I know :ahh:

I remember in guild wars names like arenanet, anet, official, admin, master, gm, support, etc were all impossible to create.

MA should do something similar.

I got the same request today about 2 hours ago. I just ignored it. Scam for real.

I've had requests from 3 of them... persistant buggers, but obviously a scam attempt.

XZC

I would accept the request just for checking it. And maybe forward the chat content to MA. But unfortunately I am not famous enough to be asked :(

I get these every once in awhile...

just today it was a request from someone named "Support - -"

If support wants to contact you they don't need to submit a friend request. Just like most financial institutions won't send you an email asking for specific account login info and links to enter login info.

MA should be more proactive in curbing these phishing attempts by restricting names of this nature.

The more publicity EU gets is great but an unfortunate side affect are more scamming attempts if this nature either trying to get your EU info or RL info or both to steal your money or identity.

Until MA becomes proactive the best we can do is submit support cases and hope this minimizes this undesirable element in EU.

I remember in guild wars names like arenanet, anet, official, admin, master, gm, support, etc were all impossible to create.

MA should do something similar.

Maybe the scammer uses "Suport" because "Support" is blacklisted already?

Or maybe he is providing some kind of "Super Support"??

:scratch2:

But then again, probably he's just dumb... :laugh:

If support wants to contact you they don't need to submit a friend request. Just like most financial institutions won't send you an email asking for specific account login info and links to enter login info.

MA should be more proactive in curbing these phishing attempts by restricting names of this nature.

The more publicity EU gets is great but an unfortunate side affect are more scamming attempts if this nature either trying to get your EU info or RL info or both to steal your money or identity.

Until MA becomes proactive the best we can do is submit support cases and hope this minimizes this undesirable element in EU.

this.

if the new plans of the European Union to change the data protection law from back in 1995 get through Mindark needs to provide such higher protection.

the new law includes that webservice providers are responsible if data gets stolen from a customers account as well that the webservice provider got to inform a customer if the customers account gets hacked etc.

the European Union is aware of what has been missed out in the past years of internet boom and all the new web services noone took really care for almost 17 years now...

theres interesting argueing going on atm.

Maybe the scammer uses "Suport" because "Support" is blacklisted already?

Or maybe he is providing some kind of "Super Support"??

And in all of them Miindark is spelled with two i's, so clearly they are just circumventing words that MindArk has already prohibited. Plus you all should keep in mind that honest people, who work for a living, don't think like criminals, so it's not so easy for them to predict what criminals will do, even if it's something that seems so obvious in hindsight.

And in all of them Miindark is spelled with two i's, so clearly they are just circumventing words that MindArk has already prohibited. Plus you all should keep in mind that honest people, who work for a living, don't think like criminals, so it's not so easy for them to predict what criminals will do, even if it's something that seems so obvious in hindsight.

Didn't even notice that, only checked if "Support" is always spelled with on "p" only on that screenie... :laugh:

Yes, clearly someone trying to dodge the word filter here - but why the heck is "Entropia" not on that list then???

An interesting read, cyber threats with regards to RCE/VC

this.

if the new plans of the European Union to change the data protection law from back in 1995 get through Mindark needs to provide such higher protection.

the new law includes that webservice providers are responsible if data gets stolen from a customers account as well that the webservice provider got to inform a customer if the customers account gets hacked etc.

the European Union is aware of what has been missed out in the past years of internet boom and all the new web services noone took really care for almost 17 years now...

theres interesting argueing going on atm.

Aye there is an interesting arguement, along with a lot of research into it too.

This cropped up the other day:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/virtual-currency-comes-with-real-threats.7887/

Why does everybody but me get those friend requests, am I too noobish :(

search and u will find :)

Why does everybody but me get those friend requests, am I too noobish :(

I would accept the request just for checking it. And maybe forward the chat content to MA. But unfortunately I am not famous enough to be asked :(

Jamira, Harmony just get yourself a big hof and you´ll get a friend request :D :D :D

And to say "Hi there, scammer! Please die in a chemical fire! :)".

Hahah, love that one. Now I would consider accepting the friend request just to write this :vampire:

Yeah pretty obvious that Support, Mindark are protected words but names very close to it aren´t and thats what the scammer(s) are trying to use hoping someone who is maybe hunting in that moment wont have the time to check the name fully or just dont realize the typos.. :eyecrazy:

YEEEEEE!!!
I`m UBA !!! :D i got it

i added him :) so lets start the talk ^^

omfg !!!
i was added into friend list by the Promotion departament !!!
YAY !!! i will be promoted !! Thanks Dear Promotion Suport. All i have to do is to give him my Login and will be promoted to Next Top Modes.

Prob. he will try to support my CC ? :) or Skills ? rofl.

Last edited:
Fixed. Servicey!

thanks for not removing it completely, its silly that people ask that, because how are others to file abuse reports with the provider if there is no url.
if people are stupid enough to click on a link containing a scam attempt in a thread warning about a scam attempt and then actually fill in their login details there is no saving them anyway.

Their appearance can alter (used to be blue and white) but they always talk in orange
:wise::wise::wise:

plus ... SUPPORT or MINDARK will not need to send you a friend request before they can contact you! :wise:

Everyone that gets added please make sure to make best use of his support skills. Remember you can ask him about anything anytime constantly! :)

Everyone that gets added please make sure to make best use of his support skills. Remember you can ask him about anything anytime constantly! :)

I finally got a friends request, i was feeling left out, shame i havent had the chance to chat with them yet, i have a LOT of questions about the game :p

get a mod to edit the thread title :wise:

:wise::wise::wise:

plus ... SUPPORT or MINDARK will not need to send you a friend request before they can contact you! :wise:

The hidden pitfalls of EU scammer life, such a shame!

Thanks for the firewall reinforcment Le Loo:)

Another brick in the wall !!!

Back