!!SCAM!!: http://www.entropiauniverse.net84.net/

If MA created an account they could give it to the scammer and then wait for that one to login and ban the IP.

Granted it's not difficult to mask your IP with various services but it does reduce the bandwidth available and increase the ping times.

If MA created an account they could give it to the scammer and then wait for that one to login and ban the IP.

Granted it's not difficult to mask your IP with various services but it does reduce the bandwidth available and increase the ping times.

It may increase ping times, often minimally.
What would identify, is cluster registrations in IP ranges associated with VPN services....MA would block that!
This would not be totally clever as very few of the VPN providers wont send source but the scource would be filtered after continued abuse.
I suspect this does not involve that, but an endless list of Zombied computers .

It may increase ping times, often minimally.
What would identify, is cluster registrations in IP ranges associated with VPN services....MA would block that!
This would not be totally clever as very few of the VPN providers wont send source but the scource would be filtered after continued abuse.
I suspect this does not involve that, but an endless list of Zombied computers .

By the look of the web pages the person makes, and the fact that they are using free hosting providers instead of setting up something that looks credible i really doubt they are using or can afford vpn's or have the capability to create or access a network of hacked pc's.
this has "noob living in mothers basement" written all over it :)

By the look of the web pages the person makes, and the fact that they are using free hosting providers instead of setting up something that looks credible i really doubt they are using or can afford vpn's or have the capability to create or access a network of hacked pc's.
this has "noob living in mothers basement" written all over it :)

I'd agree on that to some extent, and may have a ticket to am impromtu hacking network, who with no doubt exploit their nub state and need for fame/attempts at cash !

Keep up the work folks.

I just say this.. Keep up the good work folks.. don't let this scammer have any more breathing room.. in short, if you get friended by this guy .. take a screenshot of the "Name of Player" wants to friend you before you hit accepot or deny.. then send that into MA.. I've started to have friends do this.. And if you do accept, get the screenshots and give them to MA as well..

After all there's an Old Cowboy saying:

Give anyone enough rope and he'll (or she'll) hang themselves.

Believe me, I've seen it all too many times, cause sooner or later, and hopefully sooner, he'll give up or someone will trick him into revealing who he or she is... Cause each time he or she does this, they're just ruinging their reputation more and more.. and soon.. no one will trust someone who uses those names in a friend request..

After all Education is the key.. and this guy needs to go back to school.. seriously he does..

Cause for Effort, he gets an F.

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper"

i got the same request... didnt it :)

surprised no one's accepted the friend request and then started harrassing the guy with request for loans, lol.

Still trying to keep merging all the various threads about this hack/scam issue into 1 thread. If you see any more new threads regarding this issue, please use the report post tool, so we can keep all the information in one place. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Just so it's not missed, here's an official comment post:

I can confirm that the avatar in question has been permanently locked.

Thank you for submitting the support case and helping us make Entropia Universe safer for everyone.

Back